Meeting Mayor Council

Guest guest

The firemen are the right guys to take up a collection, thats for sure!! I am remembering after 9/11 that pathetic,"fill the boot" when you were begging on street corners like the little third world cowards that you are. Please give us poor clubhouse members money (weep,weep) so we can marry each others wives that get the big payout. I appreciate your efforts. I am going to Ireland soon with your wife, not Asbury Park or Harlem like you for vacation, so thanks for the extra cash.

My God,if this is the future of Harrison politicians we have hit absolute rock bottom.Mc Cormick can't follow the building code.He is going to owe hundreds of thousands in fines,which he won't pay.He accepted $250,000 from Adler to be his shill.And he is the guy who is looking after the taxpayers?? Homey don't think so!

Isn't there someone in the town with an education who is willing to listen,who has no ulterior motives,who loves Harrison.?

Somebody help me!!!

If your looking for someone who is educated, you have to look past people like the mayor, Dolaghan, and half or the remaining council members. None have education beyond high school. If Dolaghan didn't kiss the soccer coaches butt he wouldn't have that.

Guest Matilda
If your looking for someone who is educated, you have to look past people like the mayor, Dolaghan, and half or the remaining council members. None have education beyond high school. If Dolaghan didn't kiss the soccer coaches butt he wouldn't have that.

I agree whole heartly! So lets VOTE them out! That is the only way to change. Talk is cheap. Lets all get together and get them out even if they gave you a job. So what! You are not going to loose it. Did anyone loose thier jobs after Rodgers? No and neither will you. You are paying threw the nose just like the rest of us whom don't work for the town and it is time to unite not fight with each other. Time to exercise your right (vote) instead of just talking about it. Lets get these f***kers out already. Lets clean up this town. It use to be such a nice safe clean little community. Now everyone just argues and fights.

Time to make it better because it certainly is just getting worse by the day.

Guest The Most Interesting Man
Barney, glad to see you're back from vacation in Keansburg. Because you're are so destitute (that means poor, Barney), I'm going to take up a collection to help you out. I was thinking maybe we can buy some gift certificates to Dunkin' Donuts for you. I'll get back to you.
Barney did a "Staycation" and stayed at home in Brick. I did run into him in Mt. Pilot and he was rambling to me about Notre Dame and the H.F.D. Did one of the Firemen steal something very dear from poor Barney?

"Stay Thirsty My Friends!"

The firemen are the right guys to take up a collection, thats for sure!! I am remembering after 9/11 that pathetic,"fill the boot" when you were begging on street corners like the little third world cowards that you are. Please give us poor clubhouse members money (weep,weep) so we can marry each others wives that get the big payout. I appreciate your efforts. I am going to Ireland soon with your wife, not Asbury Park or Harlem like you for vacation, so thanks for the extra cash.

I can't believe you just made fun of Firefighters after 9/11 who were taking up a collection to help the victims. I don't care what your personal beliefs are about the HFD but to make fun of the act of collecting money to help the victims is downright disgusting. You are a horrible human being. Actually calling you a human being is probably being to generous. You are the coward.

Barney did a "Staycation" and stayed at home in Brick. I did run into him in Mt. Pilot and he was rambling to me about Notre Dame and the H.F.D. Did one of the Firemen steal something very dear from poor Barney?

"Stay Thirsty My Friends!"

Be careful about what your say about Notre Dame, it's our presidents alma mater.

Did you know that all the money collected went to the widows of two falling police officers. What did you do to help any of the victims families?

Lets get something straight. The Clubhose/firehouse members were begging for money for their own, not other victims. It is so ironic that Harrisons little rascals were begging like starving dogs even though they make more money in 4 months than most people make in a year, for doing NOTHING, when they could have went into their own deep pockets and made their own contributions. See the irony now. WOW! 2 cops families got a pittance, that must have pissed them off. Why don't they be good little boys and have a monthly beg-a-thon for the taxpayers, they certainly have the time, to donate the money for foreclosures, rising rents, and out of control taxes related to their own doing. A private EMT outfit could replacee them for a fraction of the cost. The problem is that when the relatives (nepotism) get together for barbeques how do you tell all the members of your own family that you voted them out of a job to help the people who really need a financial assist. Along with the inbredding, this could lead to bad feelings, and what skills do they have to get another job except unloading trucks for 10 bucks an hour. Now do you understand? I am proud to say I laughed at the pathetic sight and did not contribute a single penny for these fat cats.

Guest *harrisonian*

so when is Joe Wood putting up the video from the meeting. I can't wait to see it. I've been checking every day but there is no new video. What's up Joe. Let's see Doran getting red faced. I heard he was red as a tomato.

WOW i heard that residents finally attended a council meeting with complaints!!!!!! KUDOS to them for finally standing up to MCPLUM and his cronies.... But lets take a look at what this town has become. 1st- you have taxes at an all time high, Water bills through the roof(Passaic Valley is the carrier to our town and half of our council works there including the mayor WOW thats a SHOCK!!!!).You have the mayor and council floating MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN BONDS for the DEVELOPMENT that they think is going forward... Who is on the hook for these bonds?? US THATS RIGHT US!!! You have Jim Doran (Also a council member) as the new super of schools. I'm not saying he is not qualified but his salary is $205,000 for what 4 schools????? The Jersey City super only makes $250,000 and he has 50 schools to deal with.

2nd- Public works has 45 workers!!!! For what they do not even pick up garbage anymore( SUBCONTRACTED OUT TO EAST COAST SANITATION) so why do we need all of them.. OK they might need 20 to clean the streets(which look like SHI$) and to cut the grass. We do not need 4 men to water flowers throughout town..3rd- do we really need 9 woman in the violations bureau to enter tickets????? come on now... 4th- what about the secretary in town hall making 6 figures are you kidding me???? 5th- you have the Fire Dept. with 56 fireman?? for what??? ok I know they do the ambulance for town but they could probably subcontract out to a company. with the amount of fires we have and the budget for the fire Dept. it just does not add up(IT equals HIGH TAX BILLS).... Why cant they have some paid and the rest volunteer!!!!! it makes sense for this town. And last but not least are the police ready for the stadium that is coming? IS THERE A PLAN IN PLACE FOR SECURITY??? I know that they are down to 46 men from 63.... what is the town doing to correct that problem??? they have not hired in 4 years but have lost men to retirements, and for leaving for other towns. What is the police committee doing about our safety???( COUNCILMAN DORAN IS THE POLICE CHAIRMAN ALSO).... I think we all need to ask ourselves are we safe in this town? Do we feel safe walking to Rite Aid at night??? Are we turning into NEWARK????? Why is the town not addressing these issues that we really need answers for... NO they are only worrying about REDEVELOPMENT,FLOATING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, but not the safety of every resident of this once great town to live in. WE have gangs, no curfew laws,kids are out until all hours of the night and the police cannot do a thing..... Violent crime has to be in the back of your head when you hear of all the recent stabbings, burglaries, assaults.... I know I will be at the october council meeting voicing my concerns...hope u will be toooooo!!!!!! THE FIRST Tuesday of every month.

If the town does indeed have 4 men to water the flowers, which is probably true, then why does the town contract with a Kearny fireman on the side to do landscaping when necessay. Oh, I forgot, he is a relative of another in the town. Sorry.

If the town does indeed have 4 men to water the flowers, which is probably true, then why does the town contract with a Kearny fireman on the side to do landscaping when necessay. Oh, I forgot, he is a relative of another in the town. Sorry.

Can't we do something about al this? Isn't there some federal department that we can write letters or e-mails to about how this town is run and the amount of employees and salaries for such a small town? We have to do something just going to the meetings and getting angry and holding up signs just make fools out of of yourselves. We have to start reporting this to some federal department! But who? This is just getting worse and we have to unite and taker some action but I don't know what that can be. Does anyone know who we can inform about how our little town is being run?

Also Has anyone tried to post an opinion and it never got posted? I am talking about intelligent remarks not this name calling crap? Are we also sensored? Don't we have the freedom of speech any more in Harrison?

WOW i heard that residents finally attended a council meeting with complaints!!!!!! KUDOS to them for finally standing up to MCPLUM and his cronies.... But lets take a look at what this town has become. 1st- you have taxes at an all time high, Water bills through the roof(Passaic Valley is the carrier to our town and half of our council works there including the mayor WOW thats a SHOCK!!!!).You have the mayor and council floating MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN BONDS for the DEVELOPMENT that they think is going forward... Who is on the hook for these bonds?? US THATS RIGHT US!!! You have Jim Doran (Also a council member) as the new super of schools. I'm not saying he is not qualified but his salary is $205,000 for what 4 schools????? The Jersey City super only makes $250,000 and he has 50 schools to deal with.

2nd- Public works has 45 workers!!!! For what they do not even pick up garbage anymore( SUBCONTRACTED OUT TO EAST COAST SANITATION) so why do we need all of them.. OK they might need 20 to clean the streets(which look like SHI$) and to cut the grass. We do not need 4 men to water flowers throughout town..3rd- do we really need 9 woman in the violations bureau to enter tickets????? come on now... 4th- what about the secretary in town hall making 6 figures are you kidding me???? 5th- you have the Fire Dept. with 56 fireman?? for what??? ok I know they do the ambulance for town but they could probably subcontract out to a company. with the amount of fires we have and the budget for the fire Dept. it just does not add up(IT equals HIGH TAX BILLS).... Why cant they have some paid and the rest volunteer!!!!! it makes sense for this town. And last but not least are the police ready for the stadium that is coming? IS THERE A PLAN IN PLACE FOR SECURITY??? I know that they are down to 46 men from 63.... what is the town doing to correct that problem??? they have not hired in 4 years but have lost men to retirements, and for leaving for other towns. What is the police committee doing about our safety???( COUNCILMAN DORAN IS THE POLICE CHAIRMAN ALSO).... I think we all need to ask ourselves are we safe in this town? Do we feel safe walking to Rite Aid at night??? Are we turning into NEWARK????? Why is the town not addressing these issues that we really need answers for... NO they are only worrying about REDEVELOPMENT,FLOATING MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, but not the safety of every resident of this once great town to live in. WE have gangs, no curfew laws,kids are out until all hours of the night and the police cannot do a thing..... Violent crime has to be in the back of your head when you hear of all the recent stabbings, burglaries, assaults.... I know I will be at the october council meeting voicing my concerns...hope u will be toooooo!!!!!! THE FIRST Tuesday of every month.

You should be at the meeting Stevie boy, or is Maria now literate enough to write this crap.

The Mc Comic isn't Maria it Mayor Raymond Mc Dumic which is worse that Mc Comic. Steve and Maria McCormick represent the future of Harrison politicans. They have been "held up" by the Mayor. They have not given in to pressure. Look at the videos of the meetings on Joe Wood's website www.HarrisonMeetings.com and you will see that the McCormicks have been looking out for the taxpayers while the other council members have been looking out for themselves. The packed council chamber on Tuesday is just the beginning of what is to come.

Local Papers Silent on Harrison Meeeting

Our local papers S**K. I'm pulling my ad from the Observer and I'm going to talk to other advertisers to do the same.

The Observer can cover milling a street and the bankruptcy filing of the McCormicks but they can't cover the meeting. The Observer is at a alltime low.

This just shows that the Observer is very limited in intelligence on what they call news.

Simply explain the need for a paid fire department and a secretary (that is laughable) wasting millions of tax dollars and driving the citizens into poverty. IMO, J/O.

I believe the reason you need or should have a paid fire department is response time. In a fire seconds count when it comes to survival. If someone was trapped the difference between being in a smoke condition on a floor from 3-4 minutes to 8-9 minutes is HUGE. A price can not be placed on a life. Also property is one of the most important assets we have and the same thing goes for a house free burning for 5 minutes compared to 10 minutes is monumental when it comes to saving a structure.

But simply enough the need is for saving that life when it happens (might not happen every few months but its still worth it).

What bothers me and you will see more and more of all this FF jobs are going to more and more people that have no connection to the community. These jobs aren't going to our local Harrison, East Newark and Kearny residents any more... we are getting people from Newark, Bayonne and beyond. Same thing is going on in Kearny. At least if residency was required for these jobs we would have people doing them that are invested in the town and would care more about the community in general.

I can't comment about the secretary thing, I know nothing about what this person does or doesn't do.

Guest A New Observer Is Needed
This just shows that the Observer is very limited in intelligence on what they call news.

Did you notice the Observer never seems to print anything negative about either the Harrison or Kearny administrations? At least not against any people that are 'in favor'. How can they remain objective if this is the way they are going to report the news? And how do they expect to maintain their credibility with readers (those that are left)? Am starting to believe that the Observer is just a paid shill for the mainstream politicians.