Digesere Returns

Guest Why

Not interested in reading this long "creative" response. The poster meant to say "what planet are you from?" because that IS the phrase and there are other planets and no proven other Earths.

But you should be interested. Quantum physics is the cutting edge of theoretical physics, a discipline that has already revolutionized science and completely changed the world.

We live in a free country, so you don't have to take an interest in important things. But it's a prosperous country because people cared about education and were interested in these things, even if they didn't have the time to study them personally. We will not remain a prosperous country if we treat science with indifference.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not interested in reading this long "creative" response. The poster meant to say "what planet are you from?" because that IS the phrase and there are other planets and no proven other Earths.

No, I didn't.

A music teacher as a superintendent? Not a department chairperson as a superintendent? Not a vice principal as a superintendent? Not a principal as superintendent? He went right from music teacher to superintendent of Kearny? With that logic why didn't you say college student as superintendent? Or, high school student as superintendent? Or elementary student as superintendent? Or toddler as superintendent? Newborn as superintendent?

The high school principal went right from gym teacher to his current job? No, experiences in between? You sure?

Obama was a community organizer right before he was President?

How about you? First job right to your current job? Really?

Did he give a press release of his vision for KHS?

But you should be interested. Quantum physics is the cutting edge of theoretical physics, a discipline that has already revolutionized science and completely changed the world.

We live in a free country, so you don't have to take an interest in important things. But it's a prosperous country because people cared about education and were interested in these things, even if they didn't have the time to study them personally. We will not remain a prosperous country if we treat science with indifference.

Actually I am interested, very much so. Love science. But I will stick with my guns here. The woman meant to say "what PLANET are you from?" and there are no other Earths that we know of. If there are are they called Earth 1, Earth 2, Earth 3? Or is it just Earth Earth, Earth?

No forget it because you can't explain it. I said there were other earths. You can't prove there are.

That's not the point. Physicists do not claim that it can be proved currently.

The point is that a discovery in quantum mechanics has led to some fascinating thought experiments. We do not know where they will lead. We do know that by pursuing new discoveries in this fashion, science has expanded our fund of knowledge and completely changed our lives.

I THINK HIS VISION IS TO GIVE OUR CHILDREN THE BEST EDUCATION POSSIBLE AND TO KEEP OUR SCHOOLS SAFE.WELCOME BACK MR. DEGESERE.

Look here comes a guy that seems to have a lot of people up in arms, he’s making a HUGE salary yet no one knows what his plans are or new polices he’ll try to enforce. There nothing posted on his accomplishment or on his goals for the schools. What makes him better then pulling a guy off the street and giving him the job? Is it wrong to ask for a little information before give him a huge salary with no information why or is that BOE way?

Guest Bozo The Clown
Look here comes a guy that seems to have a lot of people up in arms, he’s making a HUGE salary yet no one knows what his plans are or new polices he’ll try to enforce. There nothing posted on his accomplishment or on his goals for the schools. What makes him better then pulling a guy off the street and giving him the job? Is it wrong to ask for a little information before give him a huge salary with no information why or is that BOE way?

You missed your calling. You should do standup.

That's not the point. Physicists do not claim that it can be proved currently.

The point is that a discovery in quantum mechanics has led to some fascinating thought experiments. We do not know where they will lead. We do know that by pursuing new discoveries in this fashion, science has expanded our fund of knowledge and completely changed our lives.

Exactly, that's what I said, right now there are no other earths. Thank you.

What that doesn't even make sense?

No, that makes sense. I guy off the street verses a guy with about 31 years in education, 5 as a vice-principal, about 8 as a principal, 3 as a superintendent, lives in Kearny, raised his children in Kearny and has a passion for Kearny. You could pay a guy off the street ALOT less and you might get lucky! I don't know why people don't understand your clear headed logic! I think you should be the superintendent with that kind of out of the box creative thinking!

Exactly, that's what I said, right now there are no other earths. Thank you.

That's not what you said. We don't know whether there are other Earths.

You've actually made the argument of quantum physics without realizing it. One hypothesis is that we create reality by the way we observe it. But you're arguing against that view, even though you made it yourself in the way you phrased your comment.

Look, you don't seem to have a clue what the argument is about. This is theoretical physics. You can't understand it using only standard assumptions.

Has it ever occurred to you that you're not talking about the same thing?

No, that makes sense. I guy off the street verses a guy with about 31 years in education, 5 as a vice-principal, about 8 as a principal, 3 as a superintendent, lives in Kearny, raised his children in Kearny and has a passion for Kearny. You could pay a guy off the street ALOT less and you might get lucky! I don't know why people don't understand your clear headed logic! I think you should be the superintendent with that kind of out of the box creative thinking!

I’m not saying the guy is bad or good but I would like to know more about his accomplishment ( and years on the job don’t proof anything) . We’re paying him a lot of money, a lot more than any other Superintendent in the area. As of right now, our schools are in a pretty sad shape. There a lot of money going into them with no results. I would like to know what he’s going to do about it. From what it look like in the forums, he got in because of who he know and not what he knows. I don’t see a lot of people rushing saying wow he did this, he brought this school around, or he cut spending.

Guest Bozo The Clown

My point exactly boys and girls.

Yeah, just keep promoting and hiring back the same old, same old. That'll solve Kearny's problems.

Kearny's problems will never be solved. The BOE only have their self-interests on their agendas, they will never do what is right by the students of Kearny School district. Until we get fresh blood on that Board, nothing will change and Kearny will be an embarrassment to the State of NJ.

Yeah, just keep promoting and hiring back the same old, same old. That'll solve Kearny's problems.

That's not what you said. We don't know whether there are other Earths.

You've actually made the argument of quantum physics without realizing it. One hypothesis is that we create reality by the way we observe it. But you're arguing against that view, even though you made it yourself in the way you phrased your comment.

Look, you don't seem to have a clue what the argument is about. This is theoretical physics. You can't understand it using only standard assumptions.

Has it ever occurred to you that you're not talking about the same thing?

Right, we don't know there are other Earths, we know there is one so till we KNOW there is only one. When one says Earth is the third planet from the sun you don't respond by saying "depends on which Earth you are talking about." When the woman asked "what are are you from?" How could the person respond? earth 76? The other earth? One of the other earths? Ya think that is what she meant to ask? Ya think?

And if he is the best one for the job don't hire him because he's been here. THAT makes sense!

I’m not saying the guy is bad or good but I would like to know more about his accomplishment ( and years on the job don’t proof anything) . We’re paying him a lot of money, a lot more than any other Superintendent in the area. As of right now, our schools are in a pretty sad shape. There a lot of money going into them with no results. I would like to know what he’s going to do about it. From what it look like in the forums, he got in because of who he know and not what he knows. I don’t see a lot of people rushing saying wow he did this, he brought this school around, or he cut spending.

I think you just proofed you're the one who should get the job.

My point exactly boys and girls.

Wow this is corruption at its finest, this guy in a couple of years working as superintendent will be making over 200K and yet no one can explain what was his accomplishment were and that he did 5 year of this 8 years of that doesn’t count. What is even worse is that this is not an unusual practice there, there are many jobs in the BOE were they can’t explain why there pulling over 100k salaries. What the point I’m not getting- That the town is being robbed legally (or illegal if the rumors are true)? That Kearny school system is getting worse as the years go by? What point don’t I get?

Wow this is corruption at its finest, this guy in a couple of years working as superintendent will be making over 200K and yet no one can explain what was his accomplishment were and that he did 5 year of this 8 years of that doesn’t count. What is even worse is that this is not an unusual practice there, there are many jobs in the BOE were they can’t explain why there pulling over 100k salaries. What the point I’m not getting- That the town is being robbed legally (or illegal if the rumors are true)? That Kearny school system is getting worse as the years go by? What point don’t I get?

That's some command of the English language! You get my vote for superintendent!

Right, we don't know there are other Earths, we know there is one so till we KNOW there is only one. When one says Earth is the third planet from the sun you don't respond by saying "depends on which Earth you are talking about." When the woman asked "what are are you from?" How could the person respond? earth 76? The other earth? One of the other earths? Ya think that is what she meant to ask? Ya think?

You still have absolutely no idea why this matters. It matters to theoretical physicists. Their work matters to all of us.

No one is suggesting that if you want to visit your Aunt Mabel, you have to find your way into the alternate reality of a parallel universe. You must separate the theoretical/hypothetical from the concrete. Until you do that, you're insisting on a meaningless point that no one disputes.

Listen jackass, I wrote the post and I meant it to say "what Earth are you from" meaning that maybe the original poster might be from an Earth in another universe. Is that frickin' clear enough for you? If you don't accept modern theories of the universe that's your problem.