Digesere Returns

Guest Why

Google it dope

I've googled it. Now you read it.

The concept of parallel universes implies that there are other universes exactly like ours, which then branch off into new universes. This might happen only very occasionally or it might happen continuously. If the hypothesis is true, then Earth may exist in trillions of parallel universes, and so may each of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse (see especially 1.1.3)

http://science.howstuffworks.com/parallel-universe.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWIyam5cAko...feature=related

You could as easily argue that there can be only one universe, since the “universe” is by definition all that exists. But then along comes quantum physics, showing that the behavior of sub-atomic particles appear to have only a probably reality, not a single reality. This raises questions whether what we call "reality" or "the universe" is really all there is.

The hypothesis of parallel universes points out that the very idea of “universe” is just that – it’s an idea. How well it corresponds to reality is what theoretic physicists are trying to understand. Once you accept that possibility, multiple Earths is no less plausible than multiple universes.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Earth_Prime

Because parallel universes “theory” is only hypothetical, few have written seriously about its implications for us – we don’t know that there are any. Nevertheless:

http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/archives/04-05/apr16.html

Still, the hypothetical nature of the idea hasn’t stopped fiction writers from exploring the subject.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/...l_universe.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_%28DC_Comics%29

Before you assume that someone else doesn't know what he's saying, you had best make sure you understand it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Curious
I disagree.I think MR. Somma and MR. Ragnoni do a fine job.As for MR. Digesere,i know he was the right choice for the job.They (the board of ed.) should have made him the superintendant two years ago.Welcome back MR. Digesere.

I don't have an opinion about Mr. Digesere's qualifications for being superintendent since he has put a lot of time into education, whether in the classroom or administrator's office, but I do have some questions......

What happened to the buy-out money that Mr. Digesere was receiving as part of a retirement incentive in his previous Kearny conract?

Why is he being paid retroactively from July 1st 1 when-----

1. He did no work

2. Dr. Cusack and Dr. Kiss were running the show-and both being paid

3. He was and is still being paid by Bloomfield

I don't have an opinion about Mr. Digesere's qualifications for being superintendent since he has put a lot of time into education, whether in the classroom or administrator's office, but I do have some questions......

What happened to the buy-out money that Mr. Digesere was receiving as part of a retirement incentive in his previous Kearny conract?

Why is he being paid retroactively from July 1st 1 when-----

1. He did no work

2. Dr. Cusack and Dr. Kiss were running the show-and both being paid

3. He was and is still being paid by Bloomfield

Check your facts:

Mr. Digesere is NOT being paid from 7/1 - he won't receive salary until he is released from Bloomfield.

Dr. Kiss' retirement/resignation(?) was effective 7/1/09 - she took some sick/vacation days prior to her official last day.

Dr. Cusack is being paid for the days she works - right now I think it's 3 days a week.

Check your facts:

Mr. Digesere is NOT being paid from 7/1 - he won't receive salary until he is released from Bloomfield.

Dr. Kiss' retirement/resignation(?) was effective 7/1/09 - she took some sick/vacation days prior to her official last day.

Dr. Cusack is being paid for the days she works - right now I think it's 3 days a week.

Who is the new Assistant Superintendent then?

Guest Curious
Check your facts:

Then why the retroactive clause in his contract? I was not aware of Dr Kiss's schedule prior to her last day, its a shame she is gone. Similarly with Dr. Cusack, its is a moot point if Mr Digesere is not getting paid until Bloomfield releases him, but why the retroactive clause?

You didn't answer my question about his past retirement from Kearny. Being involved in the education system I know that at retirement the individual is paid out saved sick time over a periord of years as part of their retirement package. Depending on the amount of time accrued this could be hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars over a period of years. This is one of the reasons why an educator would take a buy out in a given year and retire.

With all of the discussion and apparent discension within the board I think these were valid concerns. One last thing---the board ALWAYS has the voting/veto power to say no to a superintendent.

Check your facts:

And the buy out?

Guest Lincoln Logger
Check your facts:

I would personally like to see Degesere back as Superintendant. Right now Kearny is a ship running without a rudder. Hoping one of the first things he does is start an evaluation of each job position starting with the Administration of the Kearny School system. Why for the past 4 years do we have a **** of ***** ***** ********** making over $70k when she hasn’t shown up for work for the past 3 years due to pregnancies and three children paid for thanks to the Kearny School System. Yet she can stay at home and mysteriously work during the summer writing curriculum for the next semester and get paid additional for that work. It needs to be looked at along with a lot of other Administrative positions who don’t serve a purpose but the Town of Kearny pays for.Things need to get changed and it is possible to get things right again.

I saw what Frank Degesere did for the Kearny High School and it was a much better place because of him. Why do you think Bloomfield doesn't want to give him up if he wasn't good. Good luck to him.

I've googled it. Now you read it.

The concept of parallel universes implies that there are other universes exactly like ours, which then branch off into new universes. This might happen only very occasionally or it might happen continuously. If the hypothesis is true, then Earth may exist in trillions of parallel universes, and so may each of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse (see especially 1.1.3)

http://science.howstuffworks.com/parallel-universe.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWIyam5cAko...feature=related

You could as easily argue that there can be only one universe, since the “universe” is by definition all that exists. But then along comes quantum physics, showing that the behavior of sub-atomic particles appear to have only a probably reality, not a single reality. This raises questions whether what we call "reality" or "the universe" is really all there is.

The hypothesis of parallel universes points out that the very idea of “universe” is just that – it’s an idea. How well it corresponds to reality is what theoretic physicists are trying to understand. Once you accept that possibility, multiple Earths is no less plausible than multiple universes.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Earth_Prime

Because parallel universes “theory” is only hypothetical, few have written seriously about its implications for us – we don’t know that there are any. Nevertheless:

http://www.cbc.ca/quirks/archives/04-05/apr16.html

Still, the hypothetical nature of the idea hasn’t stopped fiction writers from exploring the subject.

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/...l_universe.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse_%28DC_Comics%29

Before you assume that someone else doesn't know what he's saying, you had best make sure you understand it.

and which one of these sites best proves there is another Earth?

and which one of these sites best proves there is another Earth?

None of them. And none of them proves there is another universe either. But that misses the point.

Quantum mechanics showed us that sub-atomic particles appear to behave as though they don't exist in a single reality. Some of our best physicists are trying to understand what this means.

It would be wonderful if we had answers to all the important questions. But in simple point of fact, we don't. So physicists have to hypothesize. It may lead somewhere. It may lead nowhere. But it's a fascinating question and a big one - huge, in fact - which is being asked because scientists made stunning observations about sub-atomic particles. No one expected those particles to behave that way. But they do, so now scientists are trying to explain it. They don't have the answer. That's the point - that's why they have to hypothesize things they can't yet prove. Maybe some day they'll prove them - or disprove them. Either way, science will have taken a step forward.

A physicist has to be patient. We may not have an answer to this question for decades, or centuries; maybe we'll never have one. But by thinking about and working on the problem, some of our best scientists will bring us to a greater understanding of the universe. And if not on this point, then on many others. That is what the history of scientific progress tells us.

To understand this, you must stop assuming that we must know the answer now. That's the fundamental flaw in your reasoning. If we think that way, science will not advance the way it should.

I don't know who you are, but from what you've written, I'm quite certain that you have not studied the history of science in any detail. I encourage you to do that instead of thinking that we can answer every question right now. Maybe you don't think you made that assumption, but you did.

Guest Lincoln Logger
I would personally like to see Degesere back as Superintendant. Right now Kearny is a ship running without a rudder. Hoping one of the first things he does is start an evaluation of each job position starting with the Administration of the Kearny School system. Why for the past 4 years do we have a **** of ***** ***** ********** making over $70k when she hasn’t shown up for work for the past 3 years due to pregnancies and three children paid for thanks to the Kearny School System. Yet she can stay at home and mysteriously work during the summer writing curriculum for the next semester and get paid additional for that work. It needs to be looked at along with a lot of other Administrative positions who don’t serve a purpose but the Town of Kearny pays for.Things need to get changed and it is possible to get things right again.

I saw what Frank Degesere did for the Kearny High School and it was a much better place because of him. Why do you think Bloomfield doesn't want to give him up if he wasn't good. Good luck to him.

Why cant you say **** of ***** ***** **********? It is no different than saying Mayor of Kearny or Principal of Lincoln School? Come on already. There are no names mentioned. Stop sensoring. You don't sensor LaClair.

Why cant you say **** of ***** ***** **********? It is no different than saying Mayor of Kearny or Principal of Lincoln School? Come on already. There are no names mentioned. Stop sensoring. You don't sensor LaClair.

Because what you stated may not be true. Paul LaClair is a member registered under his real name. If you register as a member under your real name you will be given the same courtesy. KOTW prides itself in not editing posts but on occasion it is necessary.

None of them. And none of them proves there is another universe either. But that misses the point.

Quantum mechanics showed us that sub-atomic particles appear to behave as though they don't exist in a single reality. Some of our best physicists are trying to understand what this means.

It would be wonderful if we had answers to all the important questions. But in simple point of fact, we don't. So physicists have to hypothesize. It may lead somewhere. It may lead nowhere. But it's a fascinating question and a big one - huge, in fact - which is being asked because scientists made stunning observations about sub-atomic particles. No one expected those particles to behave that way. But they do, so now scientists are trying to explain it. They don't have the answer. That's the point - that's why they have to hypothesize things they can't yet prove. Maybe some day they'll prove them - or disprove them. Either way, science will have taken a step forward.

A physicist has to be patient. We may not have an answer to this question for decades, or centuries; maybe we'll never have one. But by thinking about and working on the problem, some of our best scientists will bring us to a greater understanding of the universe. And if not on this point, then on many others. That is what the history of scientific progress tells us.

To understand this, you must stop assuming that we must know the answer now. That's the fundamental flaw in your reasoning. If we think that way, science will not advance the way it should.

I don't know who you are, but from what you've written, I'm quite certain that you have not studied the history of science in any detail. I encourage you to do that instead of thinking that we can answer every question right now. Maybe you don't think you made that assumption, but you did.

None of them, right, no proof, as I thought, no time for exploring the possibilities, dealing with some real life issues right now. So the the person who said "what earth are you from?" was dealing with an unproven phenomenon. Goes back top my original point. I think she meant "what planet are you from?" because there is no other factual earth. There are other planets though. let's end this and you who have the time go search out the other dimensions and earths. Good luck and send a postcard from there.

Guest Censor This
Of course forget it. None of them. Ridiculous!

Would you Rocket Scientists please stay in your own 30 or so posts, so that the thread regarding the topic can be further discussed! Please we don't jump into your posts. Thank God! OOPs did I say GOD.

Guest Lincoln Logger
Because what you stated may not be true. Paul LaClair is a member registered under his real name. If you register as a member under your real name you will be given the same courtesy. KOTW prides itself in not editing posts but on occasion it is necessary.

This Blog should be ashamed of itself. You selectivly sensor putting the title of a position in the school system such as **** of ***** ***** ********* but you can put the following blog from *KO* at Sep 8 2009, 11:42 PM in. You should be ashamed of yourself as i put this in to show how your standard is so skewed:

This is an actual post on KOTW from KO:

JUST PICKED UP THIS WEEK'S OBSERVER. BOUT TO TAKE A SHIT ON IT. READ LISA PEZZOLLA'S OP ED -- WTF? SHE MUST BE STONED OR SOMETHING WHEN SHE WRITES THIS SHIT. IT MAKES NO SENSE... AND WEREN'T THE TRADE CENTERS BUILT IN THE 1970S? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TOWN THAT WE CAN'T GET A GODDAMN GOOD F**KING PAPER WHERE THE WRITERS AREN'T COMPLETE BUFFOONS? WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE IDIOTS WHO CAN'T CHECK SIMPLE FACTS LIKE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HARD. I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY. WILL SOMEBODY TELL THESE PEOPLE AT THE OBSERVER THAT THEY S**K! LIKE... CAN WE GO DOWN THERE AND PROTEST THEIR PRINTING OF ANYTHING EVER AGAIN? WHO WOULD WANT TO ADVERTISE IN THIS CRAPPY PUBLICATION ANYWAY? WHO? A BUNCH OF SHITTY LAWYERS THAT'S WHO! FUCK11111!!!!!! SSSSSHIIIITTTTTT!!!! I'M NEVER GOING TO HIRE A LAWYER WHO ADVERTISES IN A PAPER WRITTEN BY IDIOTS. AND WHAT THE F**K? NO MORE QUESTION OF THE WEEK? WHY? NO POLICE BLOTTER? THIS PAPER S**ks. IT S**ks AS TOILET PAPER EVEN. I GOT A NEWS STORY FOR YOU, OBSERVER. "MEN IN TRUCKS THROW SHIT AT HOMES ACROSS KEARNY!" OH WAIT... IT'S THE F**KING OBSERVER. HEY, ALSO, HOWS ABOUT GOING GREEN? I LIVE IN A ONE FAMILY. IT'S OBVIOUSLY A F**KING ONE FAMILY. THERE IS ONE DOOR, IT'S A SMALL PLACE. STOP GIVING ME AN EXTRA PAPER I DON'T NEED. ACTUALLY, I DON'T NEED A FIRST ONE EITHER. WHAT THE F**K AM I TLAKING ABOUT? STOP THROWING POOP AT PEOPLE'S HOMES. IF I CATCH THE OBSERVER FLINGING SHIT AT MY HOUSE AGAIN, I'M GOING TO TAKE A DUMP AND MAIL IT TO THE OBSERVER.

-SSSSSSSHIIIIITTTTTTTTT

Check for yourself this post from *KO*. You really should start reading what the people are saying.

This is why this site is such a turn off.

This Blog should be ashamed of itself. You selectivly sensor putting the title of a position in the school system such as **** of ***** ***** ********* but you can put the following blog from *KO* at Sep 8 2009, 11:42 PM in. You should be ashamed of yourself as i put this in to show how your standard is so skewed:

This is an actual post on KOTW from KO:

JUST PICKED UP THIS WEEK'S OBSERVER. BOUT TO TAKE A SHIT ON IT. READ LISA PEZZOLLA'S OP ED -- WTF? SHE MUST BE STONED OR SOMETHING WHEN SHE WRITES THIS SHIT. IT MAKES NO SENSE... AND WEREN'T THE TRADE CENTERS BUILT IN THE 1970S? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TOWN THAT WE CAN'T GET A GODDAMN GOOD F**KING PAPER WHERE THE WRITERS AREN'T COMPLETE BUFFOONS? WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE IDIOTS WHO CAN'T CHECK SIMPLE FACTS LIKE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Center HOLY SHIT THAT WAS HARD. I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY. WILL SOMEBODY TELL THESE PEOPLE AT THE OBSERVER THAT THEY S**K! LIKE... CAN WE GO DOWN THERE AND PROTEST THEIR PRINTING OF ANYTHING EVER AGAIN? WHO WOULD WANT TO ADVERTISE IN THIS CRAPPY PUBLICATION ANYWAY? WHO? A BUNCH OF SHITTY LAWYERS THAT'S WHO! FUCK11111!!!!!! SSSSSHIIIITTTTTT!!!! I'M NEVER GOING TO HIRE A LAWYER WHO ADVERTISES IN A PAPER WRITTEN BY IDIOTS. AND WHAT THE F**K? NO MORE QUESTION OF THE WEEK? WHY? NO POLICE BLOTTER? THIS PAPER S**ks. IT S**ks AS TOILET PAPER EVEN. I GOT A NEWS STORY FOR YOU, OBSERVER. "MEN IN TRUCKS THROW SHIT AT HOMES ACROSS KEARNY!" OH WAIT... IT'S THE F**KING OBSERVER. HEY, ALSO, HOWS ABOUT GOING GREEN? I LIVE IN A ONE FAMILY. IT'S OBVIOUSLY A F**KING ONE FAMILY. THERE IS ONE DOOR, IT'S A SMALL PLACE. STOP GIVING ME AN EXTRA PAPER I DON'T NEED. ACTUALLY, I DON'T NEED A FIRST ONE EITHER. WHAT THE F**K AM I TLAKING ABOUT? STOP THROWING POOP AT PEOPLE'S HOMES. IF I CATCH THE OBSERVER FLINGING SHIT AT MY HOUSE AGAIN, I'M GOING TO TAKE A DUMP AND MAIL IT TO THE OBSERVER.

-SSSSSSSHIIIIITTTTTTTTT

Check for yourself this post from *KO*. You really should start reading what the people are saying.

This is why this site is such a turn off.

Please state what you find objectionable in the above quoted post. Although the post is a little over the top, it expresses a sentiment that is not without basis. Register as a member under your real name if you want the post to go through without an edit.

None of them, right, no proof, as I thought, no time for exploring the possibilities, dealing with some real life issues right now. So the the person who said "what earth are you from?" was dealing with an unproven phenomenon. Goes back top my original point. I think she meant "what planet are you from?" because there is no other factual earth. There are other planets though. let's end this and you who have the time go search out the other dimensions and earths. Good luck and send a postcard from there.

I'll try to explain it again.

There was a time when space flight was an unproven phenomenon, a speculation, a hypothesis. Same for harnessed electricity, radio, TV, computers, automobiles. They were all unproven phenomena at one time, in fact for most of history.

We don't know whether there are other factual Earths. There is no proof of other Earths. But there is a hypothesis about parallel universes, each of which would have an Earth in it. This isn't just made-up fantasy. It's based on scientific observation of the behavior of sub-atomic particles.

We know for a fact that sub-atomic particles behave in a way that is contrary to longstanding and fundamental assumptions about the nature of reality. These assumptions are so basic to our way of looking at things that it's hard to imagine them to be true.

And yet science has observed sub-atomic particles to behave as though they existed in alternative or multiple realities. That's not an easy concept to understand but once you get it, its logical extension includes hypothetical parallel universes, each with Earth in it.

This is important because scientists must be able to take the surprises they find in nature, ask questions about them, play with them and explore them in the most creative and inventive ways they can. If scientists did not do that, science would not have progressed. This world would look completely different. We wouldn't have much of our technology, and there is no way we could support so many people anywhere near the standards of living we now enjoy.

This is not about whether there are or are not parallel universes and multiple Earths. It is about the method that scientists use to explore the unknown and make it known.

You can't understand this by ignoring the discoveries in quantum physics. No doubt you think you're very clever with your silly remark about sending a postcard from a place not known to exist. But you're making a fundamental mistake, and I'll tell you again what it is:

To understand science, you must think of it as a method, not just a collection of facts. You are not doing that. I ask you to think about it and try to do it. And don't take my word for it. If you want a reading list, I'll be happy to supply one.

wow we have a music teacher as our superintendent, I though it was bad enough we had gym teacher as a principal but this is even funny anymore. The joke on us though with these guy's getting 100+k in salary. Maybe I can be a hall monitor and shoot up to V.P :-)

Obviously you don't know anything about music teachers. You think it's an easy job being a music teacher? Just shows your ignorence. What do you do?

Then why the retroactive clause in his contract? I was not aware of Dr Kiss's schedule prior to her last day, its a shame she is gone. Similarly with Dr. Cusack, its is a moot point if Mr Digesere is not getting paid until Bloomfield releases him, but why the retroactive clause?

You didn't answer my question about his past retirement from Kearny. Being involved in the education system I know that at retirement the individual is paid out saved sick time over a periord of years as part of their retirement package. Depending on the amount of time accrued this could be hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars over a period of years. This is one of the reasons why an educator would take a buy out in a given year and retire.

With all of the discussion and apparent discension within the board I think these were valid concerns. One last thing---the board ALWAYS has the voting/veto power to say no to a superintendent.

I'm sorry, I only posted facts that I know. I agree that it's a shame that Dr. Kiss felt she had to leave now. I don't know what was worked out regarding his past buy-out or any other "closed door" negotiations.

Please state what you find objectionable in the above quoted post. Although the post is a little over the top, it expresses a sentiment that is not without basis. Register as a member under your real name if you want the post to go through without an edit.

How about the language?

I'll try to explain it again.

There was a time when space flight was an unproven phenomenon, a speculation, a hypothesis. Same for harnessed electricity, radio, TV, computers, automobiles. They were all unproven phenomena at one time, in fact for most of history.

We don't know whether there are other factual Earths. There is no proof of other Earths. But there is a hypothesis about parallel universes, each of which would have an Earth in it. This isn't just made-up fantasy. It's based on scientific observation of the behavior of sub-atomic particles.

We know for a fact that sub-atomic particles behave in a way that is contrary to longstanding and fundamental assumptions about the nature of reality. These assumptions are so basic to our way of looking at things that it's hard to imagine them to be true.

And yet science has observed sub-atomic particles to behave as though they existed in alternative or multiple realities. That's not an easy concept to understand but once you get it, its logical extension includes hypothetical parallel universes, each with Earth in it.

This is important because scientists must be able to take the surprises they find in nature, ask questions about them, play with them and explore them in the most creative and inventive ways they can. If scientists did not do that, science would not have progressed. This world would look completely different. We wouldn't have much of our technology, and there is no way we could support so many people anywhere near the standards of living we now enjoy.

This is not about whether there are or are not parallel universes and multiple Earths. It is about the method that scientists use to explore the unknown and make it known.

You can't understand this by ignoring the discoveries in quantum physics. No doubt you think you're very clever with your silly remark about sending a postcard from a place not known to exist. But you're making a fundamental mistake, and I'll tell you again what it is:

To understand science, you must think of it as a method, not just a collection of facts. You are not doing that. I ask you to think about it and try to do it. And don't take my word for it. If you want a reading list, I'll be happy to supply one.

Not interested in reading this long "creative" response. The poster meant to say "what planet are you from?" because that IS the phrase and there are other planets and no proven other Earths.