Digesere Returns

Guest Why

In case you missed it, here is the blurb from The Observer:

August 19, 2009 (Kearny NJ) A reliable source has advised us that Frank Digesere, the current Bloomfield School Superintendent has resigned to take the Superintendent's position in Kearny.

It appears that Digesere will have a contract spanning three and a half years at a salary of $195,000 plus increases of 3.5 percent each year for the balance of the contract.

Digesere made $188,000 as the Bloomfield Superintendent. Digesere reportedly quit Bloomfield because he had several heated confrontations with Board of Education members over the past year.

Digesere was the former Kearny High School Principal before leaving Kearny and becoming the Superintendent in Bloomfield.

----------

It never surprises me when a former teacher or principal finds a way to stay on the town's payroll when they should have retired already. This is fine, of course, especially when the individual is qualified enough. However, when somebody with job security in this tumultuous, thin market leaves a fine position for one that is simply more convenient (inevitably usurping that position from somebody in the educating community he was once a part of) it is not okay. Am I the only person who feels that Digesere is screwing over the person who is rightfully entitled to this position? It is not as if the second best choice gets to replace Digesere in Bloomfield, surely lacking any pull in that community. This is pure GREED on the part of the former principal. Thank you Observer for disclosing his salary. I think it's important for the public to know how much a retired music teacher banks.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

August 19, 2009 (Kearny NJ) A reliable source has advised us that Frank Digesere, the current Bloomfield School Superintendent has resigned to take the Superintendent's position in Kearny.

It appears that Digesere will have a contract spanning three and a half years at a salary of $195,000 plus increases of 3.5 percent each year for the balance of the contract.

Digesere made $188,000 as the Bloomfield Superintendent. Digesere reportedly quit Bloomfield because he had several heated confrontations with Board of Education members over the past year.

Digesere was the former Kearny High School Principal before leaving Kearny and becoming the Superintendent in Bloomfield.

----------

It never surprises me when a former teacher or principal finds a way to stay on the town's payroll when they should have retired already. This is fine, of course, especially when the individual is qualified enough. However, when somebody with job security in this tumultuous, thin market leaves a fine position for one that is simply more convenient (inevitably usurping that position from somebody in the educating community he was once a part of) it is not okay. Am I the only person who feels that Digesere is screwing over the person who is rightfully entitled to this position? It is not as if the second best choice gets to replace Digesere in Bloomfield, surely lacking any pull in that community. This is pure GREED on the part of the former principal. Thank you Observer for disclosing his salary. I think it's important for the public to know how much a retired music teacher banks.

The story which is on our front page isn't from the Observer. KearnyOnTheWeb wrote this story, not the Observer.

KOTW

----------

MR. DIGESERE did a fine job with our high school as principal.The board of education realizes they made a mistake when they did not give him the job months ago.I know MR. DIGESERE will do a fine job for Kearny.WELCOME BACK MR.DIGESERE.

Guest Board of Bobble Heads
Who is this second best choice?

Ginny Santos, since she is in charge of hiring personel, she decided she is the best candidate for the job and the rest of the board doesn't say a word about it! This Board, as it sits now, is probably one of the worst in history from the ego driven president to the newest member (Doran) who can't vote on anything because his whole family is on the Town's payroll.

This board is in charge of millions of dollars of tax payer money (much of which is misappropriated or wasted) and the public pays no attention. Hey residents, if you want to save some money on your taxes start attending board of miseducated meetings and see what they do, its a crime.

Let's get new blood on the Board, people who have no personal agendas, no payback favors, maybe some smarts would be nice, someone who would show some accountability and fiscal responsibility.

Ginny Santos, since she is in charge of hiring personel, she decided she is the best candidate for the job and the rest of the board doesn't say a word about it! This Board, as it sits now, is probably one of the worst in history from the ego driven president to the newest member (Doran) who can't vote on anything because his whole family is on the Town's payroll.

This board is in charge of millions of dollars of tax payer money (much of which is misappropriated or wasted) and the public pays no attention. Hey residents, if you want to save some money on your taxes start attending board of miseducated meetings and see what they do, its a crime.

Let's get new blood on the Board, people who have no personal agendas, no payback favors, maybe some smarts would be nice, someone who would show some accountability and fiscal responsibility.

Wow! You give such power to Ginny Santos? She is one of nine. If you have a problem with the Board, why didn't you run for a seat? Well you can do it this April. Maybe then you will actually attend a meeting so you can have facts before voicing a jackass of an opinion!!!!

Guest Sore Spot
Wow! You give such power to Ginny Santos? She is one of nine. If you have a problem with the Board, why didn't you run for a seat? Well you can do it this April. Maybe then you will actually attend a meeting so you can have facts before voicing a jackass of an opinion!!!!

It was an obnoxious statement which you took literally. I am going to run for a seat and I do attend meetings, than I will be (1) responsible member with (8) jackasses, JACKASS!

It was an obnoxious statement which you took literally. I am going to run for a seat and I do attend meetings, than I will be (1) responsible member with (8) jackasses, JACKASS!

Well the meetings that I attend, which are all of them, I can name the other 4 people in the audience. I would hope that you are not one of them because I always respected each of them and they all work for the district. So if you are one of the 4 you can't run because you can't sit as a BOE member and work for the same district. Get the facts before you speak, jackass!

Guest Just the facts Mam
Well the meetings that I attend, which are all of them, I can name the other 4 people in the audience. I would hope that you are not one of them because I always respected each of them and they all work for the district. So if you are one of the 4 you can't run because you can't sit as a BOE member and work for the same district. Get the facts before you speak, jackass!

My dear Jackass, I speak nothing but facts, so I do not know what you mean by telling me to get the facts before I speak.

Fact #1- I said I attend meetings. I did not say EVERY meeting, just I do attend meetings. I do hope that I can and many others start attending future meetings as that is my intent.

Fact #2- I said that I am running for a seat on the BOE. That is a fact!

Fact #3- I said I will be (1) responsible member with (8) jackasses. That is a fact! (unless the other new member wants to be responsible or the norm)

Now everything I said once again is a FACT, so I don't know what you refer to when you tell me to get the facts before I speak.

PS- I do not know what you mean also by "you hope that I am not one of the four in the audience because you always respected each of them". Does that mean that if someone speaks the truth and states the facts that they should no longer be respected? Sounds like you could quite possibly be a BOE member! :unsure:

My dear Jackass, I speak nothing but facts, so I do not know what you mean by telling me to get the facts before I speak.

Fact #1- I said I attend meetings. I did not say EVERY meeting, just I do attend meetings. I do hope that I can and many others start attending future meetings as that is my intent.

Fact #3- I said I will be (1) responsible member with (8) jackasses. That is a fact! (unless the other new member wants to be responsible or the norm)

Now everything I said once again is a FACT, so I don't know what you refer to when you tell me to get the facts before I speak.

PS- I do not know what you mean also by "you hope that I am not one of the four in the audience because you always respected each of them". Does that mean that if someone speaks the truth and states the facts that they should no longer be respected? Sounds like you could quite possibly be a BOE member! :unsure:

So are you planning to run with a bag over your head so no one knows who you are?

If you’re running for the BOE, I hope you’re ready to deal with a lot of bull. Also start brushing up on your accounting skill because you’re going to need it, money there has a habit of going to weird places. I know past BOE member and believe me the bull you have to deal with is great. Look at some past posts and you’ll get what I mean. Also put that fact that most of the parent don’t care, you’re in for a treat.

Can you let us know your name, please? I want to make sure I vote against a SCHOOL BOARD candidate who has such a limited vocabulary (jackass?).

First off the four people that I have respected that attend meetings regularly with me are entitled to speak their minds. I would hope that by sitting in the audience at every meeting they would do it there, so that the people they are questioning could respond.

Second, if you plan on running for the BOE you should be attending meetings regularly so you have the facts.

Third, if elected, you would be joining a group of nine people who want what is best for the district. You my friend are starting off on the wrong foot by calling your "future board" jackasses. Doesn't sound like you want what is best for the district, just what is best for you.

First off the four people that I have respected that attend meetings regularly with me are entitled to speak their minds. I would hope that by sitting in the audience at every meeting they would do it there, so that the people they are questioning could respond.

Second, if you plan on running for the BOE you should be attending meetings regularly so you have the facts.

Third, if elected, you would be joining a group of nine people who want what is best for the district. You my friend are starting off on the wrong foot by calling your "future board" jackasses. Doesn't sound like you want what is best for the district, just what is best for you.

What happened with the lap tops that were stolen?NOTHING THATS WHAT HAPPENED.If it was a janitor they would have been FIRED AND CHARGED WITH THIEF.As usual the board did nothing.Feel sorry for the teachers watch your personal possesions they might disappear!!

Guest KO Hypocrite
Can you let us know your name, please? I want to make sure I vote against a SCHOOL BOARD candidate who has such a limited vocabulary (jackass?).

Dear KO, my vocabulary is vast. You do have the right to vote for the donkeys on the board now, since that would be the norm in Kearny!

By the way you wrote a post regarding 2smart4you and all the posts written by him or did you not consider (her), what are you trying to take over! :unsure: Stick to politics, oh, I forgot the BOE is nothing but politics!

Guest Reality

Let's be real!

1- You attend meetings and make a statement like "ask a question at meetings so that the people they are questioning can respond"? How about mostly glazed eyeball stares and bobbing heads! You never get an answer! Come on!

2- By attending meetings you don't get no facts. All matters of importance are not discussed in public, they go closed session and tell YOU nothing! You should know that.

3- The (9) don't want what's best for the district, it's business as usual, their own interest, friends and family. I'm not starting off on the wrong foot, the (9) members need to GO, replaced by (9) new people that are responsible, accountable and bring no special interest, favors and paybacks to the table. That will be tough in Kearny!

What happened with the lap tops that were stolen?NOTHING THATS WHAT HAPPENED.If it was a janitor they would have been FIRED AND CHARGED WITH THIEF.As usual the board did nothing.Feel sorry for the teachers watch your personal possesions they might disappear!!

Was this theft ever reported to the Police??

Was this theft ever reported to the Police??

Sure was ,the police are waiting for the board to make a decision.They don:t want to hurt the two boys because they are good sports players.

"a group of nine people who want what is best for the district"

Really, what earth are you from?

Sure was ,the police are waiting for the board to make a decision.They don:t want to hurt the two boys because they are good sports players.

OK, mystery solved I figured out who we're talking about now.

Actually I'm sure these are two different situations. The police are concerned with the civil action and the BOE has to deal with regs they have in place. I don't think one has anything to do with the other.