APX ALARM SCAM in KEARNY

Resident

These two guys rang my doorbell trying to convince me to let them put a sign on my lawn for an alarm system they were pushing saying there's been a lot of break-in's in the area and phone lines being cut. They even tried to tell me that some of my neighbors were going sign up.

To make a long story short, I turned them away, even after the pushy idiots returned later than evening to try and convince my spouse. I called my alarm company and I also looked up on the Internet and this is indeed a scam that is going around.

Just Google "APX Alarm Scam" and read for yourself.

Just a warning folks. Don't fall for this scam.

Guest guest
These two guys rang my doorbell trying to convince me to let them put a sign on my lawn for an alarm system they were pushing saying there's been a lot of break-in's in the area and phone lines being cut. They even tried to tell me that some of my neighbors were going sign up.

To make a long story short, I turned them away, even after the pushy idiots returned later than evening to try and convince my spouse. I called my alarm company and I also looked up on the Internet and this is indeed a scam that is going around.

Just Google "APX Alarm Scam" and read for yourself.

Just a warning folks. Don't fall for this scam.

Thanks for the warning.LET;S NOTIFY THE SENIOR CITIZENS.Again thank you.

Guest alert resident
Thanks for the warning.LET;S NOTIFY THE SENIOR CITIZENS.Again thank you.

Just today (2) guys came to my door pushing to let them in to look at my doors and take (2) minutes to fill out paperwork. I said I was not interested, but they tried (3) times to come in. They constantly were dropping names of people in the neighborhood as references. Beware it is a scam.

Guest Guest
Just today (2) guys came to my door pushing to let them in to look at my doors and take (2) minutes to fill out paperwork. I said I was not interested, but they tried (3) times to come in. They constantly were dropping names of people in the neighborhood as references. Beware it is a scam.

Did you contact Kearny PD and notify them that this happened???

Guest sunny

In reply to the concerned citizens...I have an APEX alarm system and I have no problem with it or the company. My bill is always correct and they do spot check ups on the system. Yes, they did have a problem in 2 other states, but if you read the entire feedback, you will see that most people gave great reviews. I am alone sometimes for a week and let me tell you, the feeling of knowing that my home and myself are secure is worth what I pay monthly, it is cheaper than ADT. If it were a scam, the police would have stopped them going door to door the first day that they were in town. So I have voiced my opinion and hopefully you will do a deeper investigation and see all the positive comments.

Guest Guest
In reply to the concerned citizens...I have an APEX alarm system and I have no problem with it or the company. My bill is always correct and they do spot check ups on the system. Yes, they did have a problem in 2 other states, but if you read the entire feedback, you will see that most people gave great reviews. I am alone sometimes for a week and let me tell you, the feeling of knowing that my home and myself are secure is worth what I pay monthly, it is cheaper than ADT. If it were a scam, the police would have stopped them going door to door the first day that they were in town. So I have voiced my opinion and hopefully you will do a deeper investigation and see all the positive comments.

Is Apex the same alarm company as APX? That is who came to my door.

Guest sunny
Is Apex the same alarm company as APX? That is who came to my door.

Yes, sorry it was a typo, I can honestly say that the alarm system in my home does work, and it was not a scam

Guest maligned

Google "Retired Cop Inpersonating Police Officer" If a retierd Police Officer enters your home wearing his retired badge, Thats inpersonating a Police Officer. If he enters your home with another party, Thats conspiracy, If he removes an item from your home wearing a holstered gun, Thats armed robbery. If has you move room to room thats kidnapping. If the Mayor knows about such action , He must act to resolve the problem since he is in charge of the Police Department.

Guest Guest
Google "Retired Cop Inpersonating Police Officer" If a retierd Police Officer enters your home wearing his retired badge, Thats inpersonating a Police Officer. If he enters your home with another party, Thats conspiracy, If he removes an item from your home wearing a holstered gun, Thats armed robbery. If has you move room to room thats kidnapping. If the Mayor knows about such action , He must act to resolve the problem since he is in charge of the Police Department.

For starters, it's iMpersonating a Police Officer, not iNpersonating, and just for laughs I did so, and found NOTHING pertinent to this particular story.

Secondly, I find what you're implying rather interesting...Sadly, you dont bother to include any actual Details, such as who this "Retired" officer was, where this happened, and whether or not the PD was involved and Notified.

Thirdly, again since you leave out many details, All i'll say is DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB...you wont cut it as an attorney. Here's a hint, Unless physical force was used against someone during a theft, doesnt matter if the person is armed or not, it is NOT Robbery. Kidnapping under NJ law requires the removal of the party from the place where he is found, unless that person is held for Ransome as a Shield or as a Hostage. At best with the crappy details you but forth it MIGHT be chargeable as "False Imprisonment" but that would be a major stretch.

As for your other Assertion, No, the Mayor is NOT (Although it REALLY frosts His and D'Arco's Mangos ) "In Charge" of the Police Department. The County Prosecutor's Office is "In Charge" of the PD, which is the way it SHOULD be, since when you have local politicians in charge of making decisions for the PD you will CERTAINLY have corrupting influence, which is precisely why it is Illegal BY LAW for any elected official or appointed Civilian to have anything to do with the day-to-day operations of the Police.

So, what we have here is the typical KOTW Attempt to make vague accusations that have Zero basis in reality in an attempt to smear both the Police Department and the Lame-duck Mayor. So, in Closing, I call BULLS%$T until you provide some details.

Guest Guest
For starters, it's iMpersonating a Police Officer, not iNpersonating, and just for laughs I did so, and found NOTHING pertinent to this particular story.

Secondly, I find what you're implying rather interesting...Sadly, you dont bother to include any actual Details, such as who this "Retired" officer was, where this happened, and whether or not the PD was involved and Notified.

Thirdly, again since you leave out many details, All i'll say is DONT QUIT YOUR DAY JOB...you wont cut it as an attorney. Here's a hint, Unless physical force was used against someone during a theft, doesnt matter if the person is armed or not, it is NOT Robbery. Kidnapping under NJ law requires the removal of the party from the place where he is found, unless that person is held for Ransome as a Shield or as a Hostage. At best with the crappy details you but forth it MIGHT be chargeable as "False Imprisonment" but that would be a major stretch.

As for your other Assertion, No, the Mayor is NOT (Although it REALLY frosts His and D'Arco's Mangos ) "In Charge" of the Police Department. The County Prosecutor's Office is "In Charge" of the PD, which is the way it SHOULD be, since when you have local politicians in charge of making decisions for the PD you will CERTAINLY have corrupting influence, which is precisely why it is Illegal BY LAW for any elected official or appointed Civilian to have anything to do with the day-to-day operations of the Police.

So, what we have here is the typical KOTW Attempt to make vague accusations that have Zero basis in reality in an attempt to smear both the Police Department and the Lame-duck Mayor. So, in Closing, I call BULLS%$T until you provide some details.

your wrong, if someone has a weapon or implies that he or she does while committing the theft , its robbery...physical force used in the commission of a theft does upgrade that theft to robbery, but thats not the end all, if someone has a weapon or alludes to having one , its robbery..

Guest Guest
your wrong, if someone has a weapon or implies that he or she does while committing the theft , its robbery...physical force used in the commission of a theft does upgrade that theft to robbery, but thats not the end all, if someone has a weapon or alludes to having one , its robbery..

<Sigh> you people REALLY should try to do a little research before you show your Ignorance.

2C:15-1. Robbery

a. Robbery Defined. A person is guilty of robbery if, in the course of committing a theft, he:

(1) Inflicts Bodily Injury or uses force upon another; or

(2) Threatens another with or purposely puts him in fear of immediate bodily injury; or

(3) Commits or threatens immediately to commit any crime of the first or second degree.

An act shall be deemed to be included in the phrase "in the course of cimmitting a theft" if it occurs in an attempt to commit theft or in immediate flight after the attempt or commission.

if the firearm is holstered it's NOT a Threat. Sorry Sparky but you FAIL at Cop 101.

Guest Guest
<Sigh> you people REALLY should try to do a little research before you show your Ignorance.

a. Robbery Defined. A person is guilty of robbery if, in the course of committing a theft, he:

(2) Threatens another with or purposely puts him in fear of immediate bodily injury; or

(3) Commits or threatens immediately to commit any crime of the first or second degree.

An act shall be deemed to be included in the phrase "in the course of cimmitting a theft" if it occurs in an attempt to commit theft or in immediate flight after the attempt or commission.

if the firearm is holstered it's NOT a Threat. Sorry Sparky but you FAIL at Cop 101.

first of all i am a police officer, for 12 years...i think i know the law....the fact he has a gun holstered and commits a theft, (Puts that person in fear or immediate bodily injury..) that is the way the law is looked at. just cause you googled a law doesn't make you understand what that law means. It was written by lawyers so most people do not understand the stuff. I have had similar cases just like you said, and its robbery..So maybe you should understand what you post so next time you won't look like a moron. the fact he had a gun on him, (which is a crime in and of itself in jersey) Even if the guy was a cop, and he commited a robbery (which is what this case is, not theft) then that cop would be charged with , poss for unlawful purpose. Going by your standards of reading law and thinking you understand it. You would quote a passage stating all sworn officers in Jersey are allowed to carry a firearm therefore we can't be charged with poss. for unlawful purpose? and you would be wrong AGAIN. Everything changes once a crime has been committed.. You should read the whole 2C book instead of doing a search on the internet.

But then again, i guess i was wrong in the hundread or so gun jobs i had, and so was the lawyers, judges, and supervisors who approved my reports...Next time a crime happens in jersey city, ill make sure to post a message to you to get the right interpretation of the law.

Guest Guest

Just because its holstered doesn't mean its not a threat. If a guy opens a jacket to reveal a gun in his waistband, or even if he puts his hand in his jacket and makes believe its a gun under there and commits a theft , its a robbery...

Guest Guest
first of all i am a police officer, for 12 years...i think i know the law....the fact he has a gun holstered and commits a theft, (Puts that person in fear or immediate bodily injury..) that is the way the law is looked at. just cause you googled a law doesn't make you understand what that law means. It was written by lawyers so most people do not understand the stuff. I have had similar cases just like you said, and its robbery..So maybe you should understand what you post so next time you won't look like a moron. the fact he had a gun on him, (which is a crime in and of itself in jersey) Even if the guy was a cop, and he commited a robbery (which is what this case is, not theft) then that cop would be charged with , poss for unlawful purpose. Going by your standards of reading law and thinking you understand it. You would quote a passage stating all sworn officers in Jersey are allowed to carry a firearm therefore we can't be charged with poss. for unlawful purpose? and you would be wrong AGAIN. Everything changes once a crime has been committed.. You should read the whole 2C book instead of doing a search on the internet.

But then again, i guess i was wrong in the hundread or so gun jobs i had, and so was the lawyers, judges, and supervisors who approved my reports...Next time a crime happens in jersey city, ill make sure to post a message to you to get the right interpretation of the law.

And you are SO Convinced im not a Cop eh?? More than 20 years here years here bucko..so, tell me about the "hundred or so gun jobs" What department are you with? not Kearny, because they havent handled that many in the last 12 years. My standards of Reading the law have gotten me a pretty much 90% conviction rate, and NEVER lost a suppression hearing...you??

Guest fooled by apx

Just went to the apx alarm homepage. Guess what I saw? A story about a happy customer named "Sonny." That's pretty close to "Sunny," the name of the person posting on this forum. Please, APX, stay off this forum and out of our town.

Guest Guest
And you are SO Convinced im not a Cop eh?? More than 20 years here years here bucko..so, tell me about the "hundred or so gun jobs" What department are you with? not Kearny, because they havent handled that many in the last 12 years. My standards of Reading the law have gotten me a pretty much 90% conviction rate, and NEVER lost a suppression hearing...you??

i told you jersey city...i live in harrison...i'd hope there aren't 100 gun jobs here...I dont know any kearny guys, but i highly doubt, they catch someone with a gun on them, they aren't charging them with robbery after the victim sees them having a gun and then gets their wallet stolen. thats just poor report writing if there is no conviction on that one...

Guest Guest
i told you jersey city...i live in harrison...i'd hope there aren't 100 gun jobs here...I dont know any kearny guys, but i highly doubt, they catch someone with a gun on them, they aren't charging them with robbery after the victim sees them having a gun and then gets their wallet stolen. thats just poor report writing if there is no conviction on that one...

The difference between us is that YOU decided to run with a nonsese story that was 100% made up to begin with. Of Course since you ARE from Jersey City iI can see how you might be spring-loaded into the "Yeah there are Corrupt cops here" mode since one of YOUR own just got pinched for shaking down Limo Drivers.... Notice Kearny has never had that kind of Problem???

• 1 month later...
Guest Conerned
The difference between us is that YOU decided to run with a nonsese story that was 100% made up to begin with. Of Course since you ARE from Jersey City iI can see how you might be spring-loaded into the "Yeah there are Corrupt cops here" mode since one of YOUR own just got pinched for shaking down Limo Drivers.... Notice Kearny has never had that kind of Problem???

Why are you so angry?

Guest Guest

AS A RESIDENT OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY,I HAVE TO SAY THE KPD AND THE KFD ARE EXCELLANT.WHEN NEEDED THEY ARE THERE.TO THE KPD AND KFD THANK YOU.BE SAFE.

• 2 weeks later...

It IS indeed a scam because there are numerous stories printed about it. Also, a legitimate alarm company representative would NOT be overly pushy to get inside your home NOR would he ask personal and irrelevant questions such as what kind of car your spouse drives.

Stick with the many other brands available, for example: Slomins