Red Bulls 0 Harrison -2

KOTW

Guest Guest
We added an opinion piece on the Kearny on the Web's main page.

What's your opinion?

Any town with "old rustbelt buildings and infrastructure" That wants modern redevelopment with the prestige of major Keystone projects like the Stadium and its related development projects would jump at the oppurtunity to aid and assist the developers, especially in this economic environment.

Perhaps you should look at the plans before you criticize the removal of the two trees. The roadway of Rodgers Blvd. is to be expanded and I'm sure the developers will plant new trees at the appropriate time and places.

Harrison was always known as "the beehive of industry" when our factories where thriving. Like many other northern N.J. towns it has lost that identity. Hopefully, within the next 5 to 10 years we will have a new identity perhaps as a major sports destination, with safe parking, good dining before and or after the event, and an improved mass transit station across from the stadium. Harrison will again be back on the map and on the road to a vastly improved tax base. The envy of other surrounding towns without the same foresight.

Guest BlueTideBacker
We added an opinion piece on the Kearny on the Web's main page.

What's your opinion?

In terms of negotiating deals, I believe this mayor and council are in way over their heads. From what I've seen, we've given away the store. We don't know the full picture of all the back room sweetheart deals, we don't know the total amount of bonded debt Harrison has incurred over this redevelopment, but I do know taxpayers will be saddled with this debt for generations to come.

Harrison is the only town I know of that doesn't have a professional Business Administrator or Town Manager, relying on a plumber and other ill-suited individuals on the council to make major financial decisions.

I think the decision to build this soccer stadium will prove to be the worst decision ever made in Harrison.

Guest Tree lover

I'm not sure what the plan calls for now. The redevelopment plan keeps changing. A couple meetings back the Mayor and Council allowed the same redeveloper the right to put in temporary sidewalks and not plant the trees that they originally were suppose to. The only infrastructure going in now is to make sure the Red Bulls can open. Once that's in sit and wait until the economy turns around and then the designated developer will build and reap the profits. The two trees could have remained where they were until then or maybe they could have put a nice decorative bump out to save the trees. But our mayor has no class and the developers have him in their back pocket.

Guest Guest
I'm not sure what the plan calls for now. The redevelopment plan keeps changing. A couple meetings back the Mayor and Council allowed the same redeveloper the right to put in temporary sidewalks and not plant the trees that they originally were suppose to. The only infrastructure going in now is to make sure the Red Bulls can open. Once that's in sit and wait until the economy turns around and then the designated developer will build and reap the profits. The two trees could have remained where they were until then or maybe they could have put a nice decorative bump out to save the trees. But our mayor has no class and the developers have him in their back pocket.

A lot of Mayors would like to have a developer to deal with PERIOD, in the current economy!

Guest Commuter

KOTW is wrong. It was not two trees, it was three trees. Do the redevelopers plan to knock down the trees on the other side of Frank E. Rodgers? When do they plan on planting the new trees and how mature will those trees be when they first plant them? Does anyone know?

KOTW is wrong. It was not two trees, it was three trees. Do the redevelopers plan to knock down the trees on the other side of Frank E. Rodgers? When do they plan on planting the new trees and how mature will those trees be when they first plant them? Does anyone know?

Have no fear, the Mayor and Council will pass a Bond Ordinance for $15 million dollars to purchase 2 new trees. All is well in Harrison.