OF THE GRANT MONEY.

REMEMBER - THERE IS NO "I" IN TEAM.

• 2 weeks later...
The Jersey Journal Archive

COPYRIGHT © The Jersey Journal 2001

Date: 2001/01/04 Thursday Page: 2 Section: A Edition: Second Size: 449 words

3 on Harrison Council fail to halt rehiring grants writer

By Rose Duger, Journal correspondent

HARRISON - The town's longtime grants writer was almost the latest casualty in the rift on the council, as three members tried to block the firm's reappointment at Monday's reorganization meeting.

But despite the negative votes cast by Councilmen Arthur Pettigrew, Dan Kelly and Michael Rodgers, a one-year renewal with the Bruno Group of Clifton was approved for a maximum of $60,000.

The firm has worked for the town since 1976, according to its chairman, John Bruno.

Following the meeting, Kelly criticized the Bruno Group's recent work for the town, charging that it works solely with Councilman Anselmo Millan.

Hey Rambo, I wouldn't want to see you next to me on the battle field. Looks like you believe anything you hear and are as dumb as the paint on my car! LOL
Millan credited the Bruno Group with bringing in more than $1 million in grants last year, including $525,000 in state funding for the Special Improvement District's Streetscape Project. The firm assisted the town in establishing the SID's governing board and bylaws, and supplied a consultant free of charge during the project's planning stages, according to Millan.

"I'm pleased with him (Bruno) because I'm a business person," Millan said. "If I spend $60,000 and you give me $1 million, I think that's a good investment. Every time we call, Bruno is there. His performance is very good."

"If I spend $60,000 and you give me $1 million, I think that's a good investment. It's called having an education RAMBO. LOL
Mayor Raymond McDonough said Kelly, Pettigrew and Rodgers have complained in the past that the town doesn't receive enough money for the Recreation Commission programs. All three councilmen are on the commission.
The Dumb leading the blind. :lol::D:P

Pass it on