Doran Superintendent

Guest guest

Guest guest

Some of the student behavior at the middle school and high school is way out of control.

some of the students have absolutely no respect for the teachers, other students, or education in general. They have no sense of common decency. They were not taught this at home so the schools need to do this for them but are ill equiped to do so.

It is spreading like a cancer.

There is no parent involvement. The kids seem to rule the household. Teacher morale is at an all time low and there is no reponse from the administration.

It is affecting the education of other students, and causing the drop in state testing scores.

It gets worse every year.

I hope James Doran, the new superintendent will make this his first priority.

Guest Guest
Some of the student behavior at the middle school and high school is way out of control.

some of the students have absolutely no respect for the teachers, other students, or education in general. They have no sense of common decency. They were not taught this at home so the schools need to do this for them but are ill equiped to do so.

It is spreading like a cancer.

There is no parent involvement. The kids seem to rule the household. Teacher morale is at an all time low and there is no reponse from the administration.

It is affecting the education of other students, and causing the drop in state testing scores.

It gets worse every year.

I hope James Doran, the new superintendent will make this his first priority.

That is why they should have never gotten rid of Dr. Duffy. Washington Middle School is a Zoo as far as I am concerned and from what I understand there are gang members outside after school, the kids are getting high, cutting school, fighting and having sex and I mean all kinds of sex. They need Dr. Duffy back in the school this stuff was not going on last year and shouldn't be going on this year and you can't count out all the parents because there are some that do care and do their best to raise their children right. Children are not being helped by a slap on the wrist these days they need to be shown consequence. WE ALL NEED TO STOP TURNING OUR HEADS AND PUT OUR FOOT DOWN!

Take them on a tour of Juvy then maybe they will get it together.

Guest Guest
That is why they should have never gotten rid of Dr. Duffy. Washington Middle School is a Zoo as far as I am concerned and from what I understand there are gang members outside after school, the kids are getting high, cutting school, fighting and having sex and I mean all kinds of sex. They need Dr. Duffy back in the school this stuff was not going on last year and shouldn't be going on this year and you can't count out all the parents because there are some that do care and do their best to raise their children right. Children are not being helped by a slap on the wrist these days they need to be shown consequence. WE ALL NEED TO STOP TURNING OUR HEADS AND PUT OUR FOOT DOWN!

Take them on a tour of Juvy then maybe they will get it together.

What happened to Dr. Duffy??? He seemed to be doing a terrific job and this year he is gone. Can we get him back - he is really needed!

Guest parent

These students who have behavior issues and nothing is done?

What about weekend detention? It's done in other schools.

It's a shame that a group missfits drags them all down.

The Harrison Board of Education and Mr. Doran need to take notice.

Do they ever visit classrooms?

Do they ever ask the teachers for ways to solve problems?

Do they ever make surprise visits? Are they afraid to really see what is going on?

• 1 month later...
Guest parent

My son tells me there are so many disruptions in the classes because of the bad behavior the good can't learn anything.

They act like a bunch of big spoiled babies.

Can't they do something with them?

Can't the principal keep them after school?

I hope this new superintendent can change things.

The good kids are afraid of the bad kids. They have no manners from what I hear.

I say fix the poor behavior and the education will improve automatically.

Guest Guest
What happened to Dr. Duffy??? He seemed to be doing a terrific job and this year he is gone. Can we get him back - he is really needed!

Dr. Duffy was doing a very good job, the principal did not like how Mr. Duffy took charge and/or rectifyed the problems. So they found a way to get rid of him before he took their job. Ya see anyone doing the right thing for the kids or going towards taking abbott away is not very well liked, due to the fact they they then will loose their raises on abbott money. THE TEACHERS SHOULD BE THE ONES TO GET THE RAISES AFTERALL THEY ARE THE DEDICATED ONES.. WAKE UP TOWN SPEAK UP AT THE BOE MEETINGS

Guest Guest
Dr. Duffy was doing a very good job, the principal did not like how Mr. Duffy took charge and/or rectifyed the problems. So they found a way to get rid of him before he took their job. Ya see anyone doing the right thing for the kids or going towards taking abbott away is not very well liked, due to the fact they they then will loose their raises on abbott money. THE TEACHERS SHOULD BE THE ONES TO GET THE RAISES AFTERALL THEY ARE THE DEDICATED ONES.. WAKE UP TOWN SPEAK UP AT THE BOE MEETINGS

THE TEACHERS SHOULD BE THE ONES TO GET THE RAISES AFTERALL THEY ARE THE DEDICATED ONES.. WAKE UP....

TAKE NOTICE ON FRIDAYS, WATCH THEM AT 3PM , THEY KNOCK THE KIDS DOWN TO GET OUT.DEDICATED MY AS-HO-E.

:lol::o:o:o

maybe the 5 hours a day is to strenuous, they need more time off. maybe ???

...a winter vacation too.... summer off, christmas off, easter off, 15 sick days .(accumulable). its not enough

and dont forget.........

how about a nice raiseNEXT YEAR .don't you think they all deserve 100k+for what they do...(all the work B):lol:)

Guest Guest
THE TEACHERS SHOULD BE THE ONES TO GET THE RAISES AFTERALL THEY ARE THE DEDICATED ONES.. WAKE UP....

TAKE NOTICE ON FRIDAYS, WATCH THEM AT 3PM , THEY KNOCK THE KIDS DOWN TO GET OUT.DEDICATED MY AS-HO-E.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...a winter vacation too.... summer off, christmas off, easter off, 15 sick days .(accumulable). its not enough

and dont forget.........

how about a nice raiseNEXT YEAR .don't you think they all deserve 100k+for what they do...(all the work :lol::lol:)

You do not sound like you are a parent, and you probably are NOT. You see most parents want the best for their children this includes EDUCATION and if you feel that is not a priority then you must be the new SUPER, Yes Jim that is all that you are. You will be another thorn in Harrison. SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIGHT FOR THIS TOWN AND MOST OF ALL FOR OUR CHILDREN. This means the TEACHERS not the high paid thieves in the BOE office. What other family member needs a job. Lets see Confesore Ass. super, his daughter works as a teacher makes more than others that have been there longer (she must be special), Compreli is retiring, maybe his kid needs a job in school and he can't because Supers cannot hire their own family, right? Now we have Jimmy the yes councilman going in as super and his partner in town is already working in the BOE (was hired in September).

WAKE UP PEOPLE - FIGHT FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND OUR TEACHERS - OUR LEADERS WILL NOT

Guest Guest

Dr. Duffy should be the new Superintendent. He would have gotten the whole system straightened out. Too bad they cut off *** *****.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

and dont forget.........

how about a nice raiseNEXT YEAR .don't you think they all deserve 100k+for what they do...(all the work :lol::lol:)

First of all. it's accumulative, NOT accumulable....IDIOT!!!! so, if your going to post, don't bring in your stupidity!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
You do not sound like you are a parent, and you probably are NOT. You see most parents want the best for their children this includes EDUCATION and if you feel that is not a priority then you must be the new SUPER, Yes Jim that is all that you are. You will be another thorn in Harrison. SOMEONE NEEDS TO FIGHT FOR THIS TOWN AND MOST OF ALL FOR OUR CHILDREN. This means the TEACHERS not the high paid thieves in the BOE office. What other family member needs a job. Lets see Confesore Ass. super, his daughter works as a teacher makes more than others that have been there longer (she must be special), Compreli is retiring, maybe his kid needs a job in school and he can't because Supers cannot hire their own family, right? Now we have Jimmy the yes councilman going in as super and his partner in town is already working in the BOE (was hired in September).

WAKE UP PEOPLE - FIGHT FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND OUR TEACHERS - OUR LEADERS WILL NOT

In my opinion, Jimmy Doran has got to be given the chance to show what he can do with the school system. He has been a capable administrator elsewhere so maybe he will help the situation in Harrison. I'm sure he will be open to any suggestions, concerns and observations from parents.

Let's give him a chance!

Old Harrison

Guest Guest
In my opinion, Jimmy Doran has got to be given the chance to show what he can do with the school system. He has been a capable administrator elsewhere so maybe he will help the situation in Harrison. I'm sure he will be open to any suggestions, concerns and observations from parents.

Let's give him a chance!

Old Harrison

As IF we had a choice. Oh wait, that's right, we didn't.