John Leadbeater Running for Mayor

Guest *John Leadbeater*

Guest I M Politico
Maybe most of the people in Kearny don't agree with you. Maybe we think that the Mayor has done a good job. That could explain it.

I think perhaps you misread my posting. I, too, agree that the Mayor and Council have done a very good job under trying circumstances and that we cannot afford to lose them. I was merely posing some rhetoricals to point out the absurdity in all the whining that appears on this site.

It appears that only Carol Doyle and the Mayor will have opposition, albeit very weak opposition. The Santos Team will emerge intact come November.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I M Politico
Congratulations to John Leadbetter for having the courage to take on Mayor Santos. It will be a battle, but I am confident that the people of Kearny will want a change and will put John in the Mayor Seat.

This was only a primary election. John has not yet taken on the Mayor; he merely garnered the Republican nomination by having his name appear on the ballot. If you look at the totals for each party, it is obvious that even with the scant turnout, the Mayor's support base is impressive. Looks like Santos amassed more than three times the number of votes as Leadbeater in their respective parties---and the gap will be greater in the November general election.