John Leadbeater Running for Mayor

Guest *John Leadbeater*

Guest Hardhat
Thank you for having the good sense to take my suggestion about the over-utilization of upper-case letters. See now, even though everything you stated is incorrect, at least it appears so much more civilized. Don't you think?

Your assertion concerning the Mayor's residency is just so much nonsense. His eligibility was questioned back in 2000 when he ran against Manny Trueba for the Second Ward Council seat. There was a court hearing in Hudson County Circuit Court in, I believe, April or May whereby he was found to be a duly registered resident of Johnston Avenue in Kearny where he resided until 2002 when, as Mayor, he moved to his present address. His petition was certified by the Hudson County Board of Elections and the State of New Jersey.

I'm confused by your statement, "...Sacco was GOING to back the opposing slate..." He DID back the slate---Pete Cicchino, Virginia Santos, Phil Caputo and Anthony Paglia. They were soundly beaten by the Santos team----Alexa Arce, Barbara Sherry, Carol Jean Doyle and Mike Landy. The County backed the Sacco slate thinking it was a slam-dunk. Surprise! All the North Bergen money and political clout failed to beat Santos even though he ran off the County line, with virtually no money and two political unknowns on his ticket. In their wisdom, both Sacco and the County Dems once again embraced Santos and company. Ah, everybody loves a winner!

PS Do me a favor. Don't call me "Idiot Moron." Only my Mom is allowed to call me that.

To Politico-I like your style. You mix a lot of truth with a little bit of humor. A hard combination to beat.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chuckling
John wasn't on the council when the water meters were ordered!!!

Leadbeater was a Councilman for 10 years in the 1990s. When did he ever say anything about the "water deal" or those telephone meters?? Show me one news story or any vote in which he opposed it. You'll find nothing.

Guest Political Junkie
We already exercised our control by voting Santos in.

Twice.

And we're going to do it again.

He's a good mayor.

I'm not impressed by the friends and family program at KOTW.

He's actually been voted in as Mayor four times. Mayor's term was two years until the last election when it became four years.

Guest guest
Leadbeater was a Councilman for 10 years in the 1990s. When did he ever say anything about the "water deal" or those telephone meters?? Show me one news story or any vote in which he opposed it. You'll find nothing.

Sorry, but Leadbeater voted against the water deal and pissed off the republicans on the council, including Vartan

Guest guest
Sorry, but Leadbeater voted against the water deal and pissed off the republicans on the council, including Vartan

Seems no one can dispute that. Must be TRUE

Guest guest

Why is it my last 2 posts have not appeared here? Is it because they prove Leadbeater voted against the republicans plan to sell off the water rights to United or is it because you would be exposed to your prejudices for Santos

Guest Chuckling
Seems no one can dispute that. Must be TRUE

Once again, John Leadbeater was there ten years, John said nothing about the water deal. He did nothing to stop it. And he did nothing to get the water department back from East Orange. Are you hoping people would forget or that after 10 years no one would keep records??

Guest Kearny Girl
Why is it my last 2 posts have not appeared here? Is it because they prove Leadbeater voted against the republicans plan to sell off the water rights to United or is it because you would be exposed to your prejudices for Santos

Don't you realize yet that this site is very one-sided, slanting toward the Leadbeater revival of the defunct Republican Party. All I know after all these years, Leadbeater should not ever be voted in even as dog catcher; and the Republican Party needs to evaluate the improvements that are visable around kearny and try to rally around the posititve environment.

Come up with some well groomed, educated residents to oppose the Democats, nd see if Mayor Santos and his team are the well organized wheel they seem to be.

I hope I cleaned up my act enough to get published this time; I have seemed to have failed the last two also.

Guest guest
Once again, John Leadbeater was there ten years, John said nothing about the water deal. He did nothing to stop it. And he did nothing to get the water department back from East Orange. Are you hoping people would forget or that after 10 years no one would keep records??

Once again you are WRONG. Leadbeater voted against and spoke out against the water deal. But then again I'm sure you already know that and are continuing your bulls**t propaganda against him for personal gains. I guess you are worried about your Mayors aide position. Don't worry, you wont be back under a Leadbeater administration

Guest Guest
Don't you realize yet that this site is very one-sided, slanting toward the Leadbeater revival of the defunct Republican Party. All I know after all these years, Leadbeater should not ever be voted in even as dog catcher; and the Republican Party needs to evaluate the improvements that are visable around kearny and try to rally around the posititve environment.

Come up with some well groomed, educated residents to oppose the Democats, nd see if Mayor Santos and his team are the well organized wheel they seem to be.

I hope I cleaned up my act enough to get published this time; I have seemed to have failed the last two also.

If the person who keeps writing here for Leadbeater and the Republicans represents what they have to offer, then they should be appointed as dog-catchers to keep them out of trouble. Obviously they don't have anything to offer Kearny.

It's really pathetic. You wonder who they think they're impressing.

Guest Kearny Girl
If the person who keeps writing here for Leadbeater and the Republicans represents what they have to offer, then they should be appointed as dog-catchers to keep them out of trouble. Obviously they don't have anything to offer Kearny.

It's really pathetic. You wonder who they think they're impressing.

What I don't understand is why they keep distancing Leadbeater from the "water deal"; don't they realize "IT JUST DOESN"T MATTER", it is over....Kearny survived and they sitll have their water rights and the cheapest rates in the state of NJ.

John Leadbeater is just wrong for the town of Kearny. He is not *****, a tiny too ****** ***** ***** with intelligence, and he can't ****** his **** ******** because his ***** ******** ***** when somehone gets one over on him. And, I think he always ***** ******* ** ******* **** ** ***; that is why he should not be in charge of the town of Kearny.

We need a leader, a person who can run with the bulls and not be effected by ******* *********** or ******** ********. If you are an objectional, confident individual, you can plan and execute the most innovative adventures and succeed.

Let's go find that individual and take Kearny to the outer limits!!

Guest Fact checker
When Leadbeater left the council Kearny still ran the water department. Get your facts right. But I'm sure you don't care about FACTS.

Fact: Leadbeater left the council in 1999.

Fact: The water department was run by East Orange from 1995 to 2000.

Fact: It was the Santos administration who sued and got it back in 2001.

Guest guest
Fact: Leadbeater left the council in 1999.

Fact: The water department was run by East Orange from 1995 to 2000.

Fact: It was the Santos administration who sued and got it back in 2001.

Again, your FACTS are wrong. Leadbeater was off the council in 1997 when the water deal was done. Get your "FACTS" straight. HE VOTED against the water deal in 1996 and was voted out of office. Larry Sansone took his place and passed the water deal. FACT FACT FACT

Guest Guest
Again, your FACTS are wrong. Leadbeater was off the council in 1997 when the water deal was done. Get your "FACTS" straight. HE VOTED against the water deal in 1996 and was voted out of office. Larry Sansone took his place and passed the water deal. FACT FACT FACT

You don't know what you're talking about. Vartan was already mayor by 1994, after he replaced Daniel (not Larry) Sansone. http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/11/nyregion...%2FIncome%20Tax

In fact, Sansone was dead by 1996.

Next time, if you decide to pass something off as fact, give us a link. Your "facts" are about as reliable as Fox Noise.

Guest Correct Fact Checker
You don't know what you're talking about. Vartan was already mayor by 1994, after he replaced Daniel (not Larry) Sansone. http://www.nytimes.com/1994/11/11/nyregion...%2FIncome%20Tax

Next time, if you decide to pass something off as fact, give us a link. Your "facts" are about as reliable as Fox Noise.

Shows how much you don't know. Larry Sansone was Danny Sansones' son. You don't need to look it up if you were originally from here. Right mayors aide!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Does anyone really think that an open debate about the issues in Kearny is a bad idea? Whether you agree with Leadbeater or not, I welcome the fact that there will be a race. For all the "positives" in Kearny, I don't like when the elected body speak with one voice on EVERY issue. There seems to be little opposition within the council, and it can't be possible that there is only one way to address every problem; which means some of the members are likely puppets. I find that disturbing.

Is every member of the council happy with legal fees totaling over $700,000 within a five year period to one law firm. Patronage, that's today's buzz word.

Guest I M Politico

Thank you for that link to the New York Times article in which Christie Todd Whitman touted the virtues of Leo Vartan. How priceless is retrospect? We all know how astute and perceptive our former governor proved to be. Wasn't she the brain-trust who signaled the "all clear" on the air quality at Ground Zero? And how about Vartan casting aspersions on his predecessors? I'll bet the words "negligence' and "corruption" caused a momentary hissing as they came from his forked tongue!

Makes you appreciate who we've got in Town Hall now.

Guest Kearny Girl
Thank you for that link to the New York Times article in which Christie Todd Whitman touted the virtues of Leo Vartan. How priceless is retrospect? We all know how astute and perceptive our former governor proved to be. Wasn't she the brain-trust who signaled the "all clear" on the air quality at Ground Zero? And how about Vartan casting aspersions on his predecessors? I'll bet the words "negligence' and "corruption" caused a momentary hissing as they came from his forked tongue!

Makes you appreciate who we've got in Town Hall now.

Guest guest

Again why is it MY posts do not get posted here, especially when they are negative toward the mayor. Could it be his people control THIS board. It appears to me NO one can dispute the fact that Leadbeater lost to Larry Sansone in 96 and returned a year later when the water deal was already passed. Danny Sanson, Larrys' father had already passed away. Get your facts straight. But again I'm sure you only want info out there that benefits your agenda

Guest Guest
Again why is it MY posts do not get posted here, especially when they are negative toward the mayor. Could it be his people control THIS board. It appears to me NO one can dispute the fact that Leadbeater lost to Larry Sansone in 96 and returned a year later when the water deal was already passed. Danny Sanson, Larrys' father had already passed away. Get your facts straight. But again I'm sure you only want info out there that benefits your agenda

Give us a break. KOTW screens almost nothing.

Leadbeater's vote on one issue ten years ago doesn't mean he would be a good mayor. You'll have to do far better than that. You don't even discuss the current mayor's stand on the issue since his entry into public life.

Do you really want a man that uses "exceptable" running Kearny?

The person currently running Kearny may use "acceptable", but is he, really? I would prefer the one who may misuse words and has substance and character rather than one who uses words that are as shallow as him and his alledged accomplishments.

So the answer to the question (as rhetorical as it may be) is, "yes"; a refreshing alternative.

Guest I M Politico
The person currently running Kearny may use "acceptable", but is he, really? I would prefer the one who may misuse words and has substance and character rather than one who uses words that are as shallow as him and his alledged accomplishments.

So the answer to the question (as rhetorical as it may be) is, "yes"; a refreshing alternative.

Let us keep in mind that the use of proper grammar and vocabulary does not automatically preclude one's possession of other virtues and qualifications. Mayor Santos is not only a person of great intelligence, but of excellent character. There has never been even a hint of impropriety attributed to him except through unfounded vitriol from those who feed on jealousy.

(He probably knows how to spell "alleged" correctly, too.)

Guest Ditto
Let us keep in mind that the use of proper grammar and vocabulary does not automatically preclude one's possession of other virtues and qualifications. Mayor Santos is not only a person of great intelligence, but of excellent character. There has never been even a hint of impropriety attributed to him except through unfounded vitriol from those who feed on jealousy.

(He probably knows how to spell "alleged" correctly, too.)

Amen, Brother. Gimme a "hallelujah" and another four years!

Guest guest
Amen, Brother. Gimme a "hallelujah" and another four years!

Seems like Kearny is becoming Harrison, a dictatorship. Remember Frank Rodgers(50) years as mayor Now they have one whose there close to 20 years. How can change happen if nothing ever changes?