Firehouse/Clubhouse

Guest Gizmo

Guest Guest
Yes, Fireman from other municipalities do make fun of the HFD. It is hilarious. They have some priceless stories of the HFD's lack of training and abundance of cowardly acts. The also resent being called for every little thing that by the time they arrive is not an issue. Very funny. Thats my opinion hydrant head.

They also poke fun at the HPD, You can hear the stories down south jersey as well as north jersey. when I visit these places, I try not to reveal that I am from Harrison. It is embarrassing. They also tell jokes about the town workers.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harrison Senior
They also poke fun at the HPD, You can hear the stories down south jersey as well as north jersey. when I visit these places, I try not to reveal that I am from Harrison. It is embarrassing. They also tell jokes about the town workers.

The biggest joke is our mayor and his rubber-stamp council. This council doesn't understand that they are the Legislative Branch of government, they set the budget, rules and guidelines that the mayor has to follow. This council has obviously ceded those responsibilities to the mayor. There are only 2 council people that dare to vote against the mayor's proposals, all the others remind me of the three monkeys; "Hear no evil, See no evil and Speak no evil".

Guest Guest
The biggest joke is our mayor and his rubber-stamp council. This council doesn't understand that they are the Legislative Branch of government, they set the budget, rules and guidelines that the mayor has to follow. This council has obviously ceded those responsibilities to the mayor. There are only 2 council people that dare to vote against the mayor's proposals, all the others remind me of the three monkeys; "Hear no evil, See no evil and Speak no evil".

Thanks, Stevie boy. You and the other McComic are the laughing stock of the town.

Guest dave S.
Cops are firefighters heroes eh? Why is it that you always see cops transfer to fire jobs and rarely the other way around. Some hereos you pigs are with that homo nickname you have..."The Finest".....real manly.

you can call me a pig any day of the week...because in the end of the day, at the end of our new contract in 2012...this pig will be bringing home 114,000 pensionable salary..yes, im in the town north of you, but i still support my brothers in the south of west hudson. So next time you wanna bash us pigs...i want you to think how us pigs north of you are making more cash then your captains...probably even your chiefs..so have fun sitting in your clubhouse. And if you dont believe me check the dept. of personel website when the new contract is posted you can see for yourself.

you guys sound like little babies, arguing. Im a cop and i think its a joke in times like this you are arguing when you guys should feel lucky to havea great job with great benefits. Both of our job titles are respected, needed and brave. This back and forth fighting between you two makes us all look bad. I dont work in harrison, i work north of you also, and we enjoy a great relationship with our brave firemen. Infact most of us hangout and have bbq's with each others families. I dont know where you guys went wrong but you need to stop airing your problems on a public website because it just makes you look like babies. If you have a problem with someone , say it to their face like a grown ass man, this way that person can take the appropriate actions to your comment. Hiding on the internet just shows how weak and lame you are. Stop arguing and grow up already. Things could be worse, you could be unemployed. so knock it off..

Guest Guest
you can call me a pig any day of the week...because in the end of the day, at the end of our new contract in 2012...this pig will be bringing home 114,000 pensionable salary..yes, im in the town north of you, but i still support my brothers in the south of west hudson. So next time you wanna bash us pigs...i want you to think how us pigs north of you are making more cash then your captains...probably even your chiefs..so have fun sitting in your clubhouse. And if you dont believe me check the dept. of personel website when the new contract is posted you can see for yourself.

Yeah north of us right, you know you are from Harrison or why would you care. OH, that's right you point out you make more than Harrison's officers. So you're looking for a larger raise, it's not going to happen. Both the Police and Fire make way too much for the hours they work! While essential as services they are both too overpaid for their level of education and the jobs they work. Harrison is a good place to work, if you are not satisfied try Newark or Jersey City then you'll actually know what it is to WORK.

Guest Guest
you guys sound like little babies, arguing. Im a cop and i think its a joke in times like this you are arguing when you guys should feel lucky to havea great job with great benefits. Both of our job titles are respected, needed and brave. This back and forth fighting between you two makes us all look bad. I dont work in harrison, i work north of you also, and we enjoy a great relationship with our brave firemen. Infact most of us hangout and have bbq's with each others families. I dont know where you guys went wrong but you need to stop airing your problems on a public website because it just makes you look like babies. If you have a problem with someone , say it to their face like a grown ass man, this way that person can take the appropriate actions to your comment. Hiding on the internet just shows how weak and lame you are. Stop arguing and grow up already. Things could be worse, you could be unemployed. so knock it off..

When the sh-t hits the fan we'll all be there together. Amen, the best post I ever seen on this web site. Hopefully both departments will learn from your example. THANKS........

Guest Guest

The sad part is this..... As a cop in Harrison, I cant think of too many cops who actually have a problem with any particular fireman. Im sure there may be a select few who have personal beefs between each other for what ever reason but nothing that would justify bashing a whole department. As I sit here and read most of these post I really try to fgure out what kind of person has the energy to sit at his/her computer and try to create a major divide between police and fire. For those of you out there who actually believe that the police and firemen are at each others throat you are misinformed. Im sure there will be a post to follow from a " Pretend Fireman" who will bash this post. That will in turn be followed up by a "Pretend Cop" who will justify his machismo by bashing firemen and the drama will continue and we will all be amused. Sad.

Guest Guest

One of the most sensible posts on this retarted web site. Most cops and firemen get along OK. I know that for a fact. Whoever started this stupid topic probably is not even be a cop. This stupid web site just breeds hate and the retarts who believe this crap belong in a nut house. And who ever owns this web site feeds on miscontent. He must love misery. And is just as retarted as this site. You RETARDED Mr. KOTW.

Guest Guest

Nice job bending over for the copay Officer ****!!

Guest Guest
One of the most sensible posts on this retarted web site. Most cops and firemen get along OK. I know that for a fact. Whoever started this stupid topic probably is not even be a cop. This stupid web site just breeds hate and the retarts who believe this crap belong in a nut house. And who ever owns this web site feeds on miscontent. He must love misery. And is just as retarted as this site. You RETARDED Mr. KOTW.

Don't flatter them by calling them retarted. retarted people have more sense and honesty to behave in such manner.

Guest guest

You make fun of retarted people just like Obama made of the special olympics. Very typical of someone who had everthing in life handed to them. That evasive sense of entitlement. If you are a HPD member and feel the at the HFD/clubhouse degenerates do the same amount of work as you, shame on you. The highest salary any clubhouse member member should make is $30,000.00 per year. That way, the drug addict pension would be very small and not encourage the towns children to be a clubhouse member and get hooked too early because they would be forced to get a real mans job, like a cop! Nuff said, IMO.

You make fun of retarted people just like Obama made of the special olympics. Very typical of someone who had everthing in life handed to them. That evasive sense of entitlement. If you are a HPD member and feel the at the HFD/clubhouse degenerates do the same amount of work as you, shame on you. The highest salary any clubhouse member member should make is $30,000.00 per year. That way, the drug addict pension would be very small and not encourage the towns children to be a clubhouse member and get hooked too early because they would be forced to get a real mans job, like a cop! Nuff said, IMO.
IMO you should move back to Harrison, get a mental health exam, and run for Mayor. What you gonna do, what you gonna do, when there is no pay raise for you. If you are a true cop, you would do it, in this econical time for the same money. The truth of the matter is that you are worried about yourself and your pay raise. The town should get rid of all the employees, except, the cops, who are so scare of doing thier job that they want the National Guard to come out to do their job for them. Get to the root of the problem, WE WANT MORE MONEY. And for that maybe I'll fell ALITTLE more safer. Somebody else can do my JOB for ME. PLEASE HELP ME.......... YOU R A AH to your profession. But, of couse that's IMO.................

IMO you should move back to Harrison, get a mental health exam, and run for Mayor. What you gonna do, what you gonna do, when there is no pay raise for you. If you are a true cop, you would do it, in this econical time for the same money. The truth of the matter is that you are worried about yourself and your pay raise. The town should get rid of all the employees, except, the cops, who are so scare of doing thier job that they want the National Guard to come out to do their job for them. Get to the root of the problem, WE WANT MORE MONEY. And for that maybe I'll fell ALITTLE more safer. Somebody else can do my JOB for ME. PLEASE HELP ME.......... YOU R A AH to your profession. But, of couse that's IMO.................

What in God's name are you talking about?

What in God's name are you talking about?

I was mad about these posts. My point was the cops don't care about anybody but themselves. They want all the money they can get. How about other town workers, D.P.W. - Town Hall - HFD - SCHOOLS. We all have families. Why do you people complain about what your not getting? How about the rest of us.......

Guest Guest
I was mad about these posts. My point was the cops don't care about anybody but themselves. They want all the money they can get. How about other town workers, D.P.W. - Town Hall - HFD - SCHOOLS. We all have families. Why do you people complain about what your not getting? How about the rest of us.......

You have to be kidding me with this post, how many DPW guys do we need in the garage all day. How many do we need to paint the fire hydrants, water the plants. Yet the town out sources the garabe, bulk and recycling. Over staffed while the only Dept under staffed the PD. How about the fact the FD and PD take a test to get hired. Unlike you!!!!!!!!! If the town did not over hire then everyone wold be happy.

Guest Guest
You have to be kidding me with this post, how many DPW guys do we need in the garage all day. How many do we need to paint the fire hydrants, water the plants. Yet the town out sources the garabe, bulk and recycling. Over staffed while the only Dept under staffed the PD. How about the fact the FD and PD take a test to get hired. Unlike you!!!!!!!!! If the town did not over hire then everyone wold be happy.

could not agree with you more. we do not need all these town guys riding around and going nowhere, they should get rid of half of them they are useless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest female firefighter

Let me tell you boys something...from reading all of your posts you ALL are childish. It doesn't matter where you live or how much you are paid. You are there to do your job whether or not you have a "call". IF something were to happen to one of your homes or your friends house, those firefighters are there to protect your life and your belongings. You can put one another down, but when the fire is on, who is going to be standing around laughing then?

I've seen this first hand, I've been a VOLUNTEER firefighter for many years. I put in 40+ hours at the firehouse, I work full-time and I take care of my 7 kids. When you take on a job as a firefighter you are there to HELP one another. You DON'T put other's down! You are only as good as your training and experience.

I am the only female firefighter on my department, and guess what? I have bigger balls then ANY of the men on the department. (Ask them they will tell you) I will do my job with confidence and skills. My experience has proven to be an asset. When mutual aid is called my name is the ONLY one called, why? because they know that I can get the job done and done right. I don't back down and I don't let little comments bother me. The best part of all of this is that I do it for FREE!!!!!

Quit your b*t*hing and be thankful that you have a job that makes a difference in someone's life.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY....IT'S ABOUT YOUR TRAINING........PROVE YOURSELF!!!

Guest Harrison Senior
Let me tell you boys something...from reading all of your posts you ALL are childish. It doesn't matter where you live or how much you are paid. You are there to do your job whether or not you have a "call". IF something were to happen to one of your homes or your friends house, those firefighters are there to protect your life and your belongings. You can put one another down, but when the fire is on, who is going to be standing around laughing then?

I've seen this first hand, I've been a VOLUNTEER firefighter for many years. I put in 40+ hours at the firehouse, I work full-time and I take care of my 7 kids. When you take on a job as a firefighter you are there to HELP one another. You DON'T put other's down! You are only as good as your training and experience.

I am the only female firefighter on my department, and guess what? I have bigger balls then ANY of the men on the department. (Ask them they will tell you) I will do my job with confidence and skills. My experience has proven to be an asset. When mutual aid is called my name is the ONLY one called, why? because they know that I can get the job done and done right. I don't back down and I don't let little comments bother me. The best part of all of this is that I do it for FREE!!!!!

Quit your b*t*hing and be thankful that you have a job that makes a difference in someone's life.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY....IT'S ABOUT YOUR TRAINING........PROVE YOURSELF!!!

Barney, Barney. Now you have yet another identity. You sure fooled us all for about 3 seconds. Here's a suggestion, go look

in the mirror and say "asshole".

Guest female firefighter

No, my name is Amy

I just stumbled upon this sight when I was looking for a firehouse playhouse for my kids.

Just reading all your comments made me mad. It seems to me as someone is jealous and won't let it go.

Why does it all have to be about money? On my department we just got a new firehouse and a new firetruck. Did we need it NO! But unfortunatly we got it. There was no need to spend that kind of money but the board listened to the chief and gave in.

I run 600 + calls a year. I do this for FREE!!!!! I think volunteering to save someone's life is worth it.

When we have down time, we clean our trucks, pack our equipment, and train, train, train. That is why our department has proven to shine every time there is a call.

Let me give you an example:

The call came in for a fully involved structure fire, it wasn't even our town, only 4 firefighters showed up from that department. They called in mutal aid from us. When we arrived we were packed up and ready to go, we hit the hydrant BEFORE the other department did. We were the one's who were first in and controlled the blaze while the department that was supposed to be in charge of their blaze was standing on the curb in front of the building watching.

YES! That pissed all of us off, but we did our job, what we were trained to do and we left clean-up for the department that stood around.

We saved the lives of innocent people, while other firefighters stood around. Obviously they don't know what they are doing and there training is not as good as ours. Did we rub it in their face. NO! We are all brothers (and sister) who stand together, there is no need to put one another down. Since that call they have done more training and have shown that they are capable of doing there job.

By the way, I don't apprecaite being called an "a**hole. My name is Amy my title C2