Firehouse/Clubhouse

Guest Gizmo

In all of the posts about the PD and FD over the past year, the same question has been asked over and over and nobody has an answer. Why does Harrison need a $10 to $13 million dollar fire department that is producing devestating tax bills. If there are two fires a year in the H that would be considered a heavy workload year for these crybabies. Why doesn't the Fire Chief or anyone in Harrison government have an answer for this? These no work jobs are killing the taxpayers. Wait until the screw-ups in the redevelopement start surfacing and you will be paying double what you pay now. Someone provide an answer. The people deserve to know. Break it down by nepotism jobs, family jobs, whatever, but whats the answer to this form of organized crime. IMO.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all of the posts about the PD and FD over the past year, the same question has been asked over and over and nobody has an answer. Why does Harrison need a $10 to $13 million dollar fire department that is producing devestating tax bills. If there are two fires a year in the H that would be considered a heavy workload year for these crybabies. Why doesn't the Fire Chief or anyone in Harrison government have an answer for this? These no work jobs are killing the taxpayers. Wait until the screw-ups in the redevelopement start surfacing and you will be paying double what you pay now. Someone provide an answer. The people deserve to know. Break it down by nepotism jobs, family jobs, whatever, but whats the answer to this form of organized crime. IMO.

You need to have your meds increased. IMO.

In years gone by Harrison was a highly industrial town. We had dozens of industries, making who knows what. It was essential that we had a fire department capable of handling anything. Most old timers remember the brewery fire on fifth street, American Oxygen, and even some house fires where lives were lost.

We no longer house the industrial complex we once did, the number of fires and the type of fires have changed over the years. It takes less men to fight a house fire than it does to fight an industrial fire. Our fire department took on the ambulance service to justify it's existence after the drop in the number of fires.

It's certainly time to re-evaluate the number of men and the mission of the Harrison Fire Dept. There like insurance, it's nice to have them when you need them, but sometime we have to opt for more affordable coverage.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
In years gone by Harrison was a highly industrial town. We had dozens of industries, making who knows what. It was essential that we had a fire department capable of handling anything. Most old timers remember the brewery fire on fifth street, American Oxygen, and even some house fires where lives were lost.

We no longer house the industrial complex we once did, the number of fires and the type of fires have changed over the years. It takes less men to fight a house fire than it does to fight an industrial fire. Our fire department took on the ambulance service to justify it's existence after the drop in the number of fires.

It's certainly time to re-evaluate the number of men and the mission of the Harrison Fire Dept. There like insurance, it's nice to have them when you need them, but sometime we have to opt for more affordable coverage.

It's certainly time to "re-evaluate" some of these gun-toting haters.

Just to clarify a point that the intelligent individual I agree with 100%, the lives that might have been lost back then DID NOT include any fireman. The current group have no heart, and I have personally witnessed things, that in my opinion, were acts of extreme cowardice by the Harrison Fire Department. Almost every town, even those that may actually need fireman are downsizing so what is the problem in Harrison? The Plumber and TK have absolute power such as in a dictatorship or communist country. If you complain and are employed by the town and say something, retribution is definate. Absolute power breeds absolute corruption. Once again, I notice, nobody can provide a justification for this cash cow of cowards at the Clubhouse with no work jobs.

Just to clarify a point that the intelligent individual I agree with 100%, the lives that might have been lost back then DID NOT include any fireman. The current group have no heart, and I have personally witnessed things, that in my opinion, were acts of extreme cowardice by the Harrison Fire Department. Almost every town, even those that may actually need fireman are downsizing so what is the problem in Harrison? The Plumber and TK have absolute power such as in a dictatorship or communist country. If you complain and are employed by the town and say something, retribution is definate. Absolute power breeds absolute corruption. Once again, I notice, nobody can provide a justification for this cash cow of cowards at the Clubhouse with no work jobs.

Lives of people living in homes or working in a factory are important. It's the people, who do you call for a fire? a cop???, a plumber??, the street dep't.??

Guest Harrison Senior

:ph34r:

Just to clarify a point by Harrison's Bravest that I agree with 100%, the town needs to re-evaluate (psychological exam) this gun-toting hater.

Anyone with this much anger should not be armed.

IMO, the Fire department clubhouse should be transformed into a real police station. Take out the beds, gourmet kitchen, and big screen TV's and use the property accordingly. The only answer they provide to the drug testing is to sue the town. Whats the problem. I don't want some coked up nut speeding thru town in a fire engine to go to get lunch or the credit union to deposit their checks. All they can talk about is an alleged cop stressed out and needing help. The ones who really need help are the taxpayers. I would estimate that 50% of the cars in Harrison are uninsured because its either pay that or the rent or the mortgage and taxes. The Fireman would want the cops to hurt these people further by taking their cars so they cannot even go to work. Well, not everyone has a $100,000.00 job to sleep, eat, and crap under the guise of a fire department. THE ECONOMY s**ks FOR ALL BUT THE CHOSEN FEW IN TOWN HALL, HEALTH DEPT., COUNCIL, FIRE DEPT., AND CERTAIN OTHERS WITH SECRET JOBS, RIGHT POWELL.

IMO, the Fire department clubhouse should be transformed into a real police station. Take out the beds, gourmet kitchen, and big screen TV's and use the property accordingly. The only answer they provide to the drug testing is to sue the town. Whats the problem. I don't want some coked up nut speeding thru town in a fire engine to go to get lunch or the credit union to deposit their checks. All they can talk about is an alleged cop stressed out and needing help. The ones who really need help are the taxpayers. I would estimate that 50% of the cars in Harrison are uninsured because its either pay that or the rent or the mortgage and taxes. The Fireman would want the cops to hurt these people further by taking their cars so they cannot even go to work. Well, not everyone has a $100,000.00 job to sleep, eat, and crap under the guise of a fire department. THE ECONOMY s**ks FOR ALL BUT THE CHOSEN FEW IN TOWN HALL, HEALTH DEPT., COUNCIL, FIRE DEPT., AND CERTAIN OTHERS WITH SECRET JOBS, RIGHT POWELL.

You should really get all of your facts straight. You are talking about peoples lives in the balance. The men of the FD are there to serve the community. There are many incidents that go unreported to the public such as CPR's and medical emergencies. The response time of our FD cuts down on the escalation of many fires. The EMS service is second to none just ask the Kearny residents. Including all of East Newark's EMS. When there is a large incident and mutual aid comes to town you have to understand that our FD has been other places such as Jersey City, Newark, North Hudson, and all of Kearny's fires numerous times. The salary of the FD is lowest in the county. All of the other FD's in the county are paid more and don't have EMS. These men are here to serve and are proud of what they do.

You should really get all of your facts straight. You are talking about peoples lives in the balance. The men of the FD are there to serve the community. There are many incidents that go unreported to the public such as CPR's and medical emergencies. The response time of our FD cuts down on the escalation of many fires. The EMS service is second to none just ask the Kearny residents. Including all of East Newark's EMS. When there is a large incident and mutual aid comes to town you have to understand that our FD has been other places such as Jersey City, Newark, North Hudson, and all of Kearny's fires numerous times. The salary of the FD is lowest in the county. All of the other FD's in the county are paid more and don't have EMS. These men are here to serve and are proud of what they do.

All of what you say is true. We have a great fire Dept. and they should be proud of themselves. The problem is how many firemen do we need. One hundred would be better than fifty but of course it would cost more. Five fire engines would be better than three, but costs more. A million dollars worth of life insurance would be better than ten thousand, but the premiums are higher. Obviously if your house was on fire you would rather have a hundred men respond than fifty.

If we needed between 50 and 60 men to fight industrial fires, we certainly would need less to fight house fires. We could save millions by having one less fire company. But some day it may come at a cost. But we have already paid the cost with the number of men we have.

We all agree, more is better, bigger is better, and stronger is better. But all of that must be weighed by cost. Do you have a million dollars worth of life insurance. Probably not, because cost is a factor.

Thats exactly why the town doesn't need the Fire Department. It is just ambulance service which the town could contract for a fraction of 10 to $13 million. As to resonse time time, I have witnessed E. Newark, Kearny, and even Jersey City arrive at a fire in Harrison before the HFD. The first thing the HFD does, even in a garbage can fire is to call for mutual aid. That is my opinion.

What a joke. The HFD EMS is second to none. By none do you mean zero? I'll take my volunteer ambulance corp. at the Jersey Shore and I don't have to pay a cent for it. And here's the kicker, we also have a volunteer Fire Dept. that I would put up against the HFD anytime. Like I told our Town Adm. " you better never think about a paid FD". It would be an economic disaster for the town. :ninja:

:ninja:

Just to clarify a point by Harrison's Bravest that I agree with 100%, the town needs to re-evaluate (psychological exam) this gun-toting hater.

Anyone with this much anger should not be armed.

The little one who is afraid of his shadow should not be armed either....

Guest guest also

You have wittnessed acts of cowardice by members of the Harrison Fire Department...What a coincidence that you just happen to be there so you could write about it !

If thats true, why didn't you do something about it...report it to your chief, or to the Mayor's office.... why not ?... The answer is either that you don't have the balls, or you never witnessed anything ... but it looks good in writing. If you did and don't have the balls, then you are a coward !

I might also point out that many towns are also talking about downsizing their PD's as well...so be careful you may be without a job soon.

Thats exactly why the town doesn't need the Fire Department. It is just ambulance service which the town could contract for a fraction of 10 to $13 million. As to resonse time time, I have witnessed E. Newark, Kearny, and even Jersey City arrive at a fire in Harrison before the HFD. The first thing the HFD does, even in a garbage can fire is to call for mutual aid. That is my opinion.

There has never been a fire in Harrison when a mutual aid company has arrived first. So you really don't know what you are talking about. And as far as fire companies we they are working at bear minimum now. 1 engine, 1 truck, 1 ambulance, and 1 battalion chief work each shift . That is as low as you can get.

What a joke. The HFD EMS is second to none. By none do you mean zero? I'll take my volunteer ambulance corp. at the Jersey Shore and I don't have to pay a cent for it. And here's the kicker, we also have a volunteer Fire Dept. that I would put up against the HFD anytime. Like I told our Town Adm. " you better never think about a paid FD". It would be an economic disaster for the town. :unsure:

So why do you care about what happens in Harrison.

Report it to WHO? The **** ***** who breaks a sweat just getting out of bed in the morning. The police chief or a PD supervisor whom the Mayor hates with every fat fiber of his being. He should stick to cleaning drains. That would be the result of any complaint. Which of the three secretarys with a combined salary of $350,000.00 dollars would they hand the complaint to? The HFD has a history of cowardice and disdain for the people of Harrison because when they get a call it interferes with their primary job during the day. Remember, the HFD is a part-time job just like Mayor McMole. I have personally witnessed extreme acts of cowardice and cruel, mean, and racial slurs against people that called for the ambulance and the "brave" HFD members were pissed-off because they had to get out of their warm bed in the clubhouse to do something for their $100,000.00 a year. I also did not report these incidents because retribution from **, ****, ******, and Mcmole would be swift and severe and it would not change anything except my job. IMO, bottom line on all of this, is that all the town needs is an ambulance service and not $13 million down the drain for 2 clubhouses and 60 people who couldn't make it in the real world so mommy or another family got them into the golden jackpot of the not needed HFD.

"If you did...see cowardice in the HFD," implied by a fireman that it does happen but the person posting it may not have witnessed it, is very, very sad. I must admit that the Harrison Clubhouses (some call them firehouses) are a great idea for nepotism and cronyism. How else could any town that has, lets say 2 very minor fires a year (like a garbage can of something) able to pull off an incredibly successfull organized crime structure amounting to $13 milion dollars and get away with it. No other small town or big city in the U.S.A. has more fireman than cops other than Harrison. Why would anyone in their right mind move into a town where their average $10,000.00 tax bill has $4,000.00 of it going to 60 men who do absolutely nothing. IMO, of course. I love it because it is a great source of amusement and I love hearing fireman from towns who actually work for a living abuse and berate the Harrison fireman and their families. Just glad I don't live there.

"If you did...see cowardice in the HFD," implied by a fireman that it does happen but the person posting it may not have witnessed it, is very, very sad. I must admit that the Harrison Clubhouses (some call them firehouses) are a great idea for nepotism and cronyism. How else could any town that has, lets say 2 very minor fires a year (like a garbage can of something) able to pull off an incredibly successfull organized crime structure amounting to $13 milion dollars and get away with it. No other small town or big city in the U.S.A. has more fireman than cops other than Harrison. Why would anyone in their right mind move into a town where their average $10,000.00 tax bill has $4,000.00 of it going to 60 men who do absolutely nothing. IMO, of course. I love it because it is a great source of amusement and I love hearing fireman from towns who actually work for a living abuse and berate the Harrison fireman and their families. Just glad I don't live there.

Are you saying that firemen from other towns are trash talking both our F.D. and their families? I would hope that you told them (LOL) that no matter what their views are about the H.P.D. that family should not be included. Maybe Santa can bring you both a brain and your own newspaper article. With all your knowledge, and desire to write, who knows maybe you'll even print your name at the top of it.....But that's only IMO.... As-h-l-... Please get you info right, and seek HELP.......IMO

Yes, Fireman from other municipalities do make fun of the HFD. It is hilarious. They have some priceless stories of the HFD's lack of training and abundance of cowardly acts. The also resent being called for every little thing that by the time they arrive is not an issue. Very funny. Thats my opinion hydrant head.

Hey Gizmo. I hope that your on the list for the Harrison Fire Department. A guy just left the job.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
Yes, Fireman from other municipalities do make fun of the HFD. It is hilarious. They have some priceless stories of the HFD's lack of training and abundance of cowardly acts. The also resent being called for every little thing that by the time they arrive is not an issue. Very funny. Thats my opinion hydrant head.

Hey, I just heard from the third floor, he's going to lay off 3 cops and make 3 FF's. Sure hope one of them is you. LOL