Enough Officers

Guest Eneerg

The Harrison PD presently has a complement of 53 Officers and 19 civilians according to the 2007 Uniform Crime rate for a poulation of 13,942 and 1.2 Sq, miles.

The notion that the HPD doesn't have enough Officers is absurd.

Crime went down 9.35% from 2006 (406) crimes to 2007 (368) crimes. I keep on reading that there is a lot of crime in Harrison and not enough cops, when the truth is that crime is down to its lowest level in many years. The civilians that replaced officers as dispatchers and in the Traffic Bureau are doing a good job. 53 Sworn Officers for a population of 13,942 and a land area of 1.2 Square miles is more then most towns with an average of 3.78 Officers per thousand. For example, an Ocean County Town has a population of 22,000 with 47 Officers and 34 Square miles to patrol. It has 2.13 Officers per thousand.

So stop crying that you don't have enough Officers and do your job.

Guest Wyatt Earp
The Harrison PD presently has a complement of 53 Officers and 19 civilians according to the 2007 Uniform Crime rate for a poulation of 13,942 and 1.2 Sq, miles.

Crime went down 9.35% from 2006 (406) crimes to 2007 (368) crimes. I keep on reading that there is a lot of crime in Harrison and not enough cops, when the truth is that crime is down to its lowest level in many years. The civilians that replaced officers as dispatchers and in the Traffic Bureau are doing a good job. 53 Sworn Officers for a population of 13,942 and a land area of 1.2 Square miles is more then most towns with an average of 3.78 Officers per thousand. For example, an Ocean County Town has a population of 22,000 with 47 Officers and 34 Square miles to patrol. It has 2.13 Officers per thousand.

You actually sound like you know what your talking about but let's get a few things straight.

1st: I hope you read the preamble on the FBI.GOV website which tells you that these statistics should not be used to determine the safety of any Municipality, County or State.

2nd: The Uniformed Crime Report is so screwed up, because there is no uniform crimes, for example what is a sexual assault in other states might not qualify in New Jersey because there may not have been vaginal penetration.

3rd: because of the differences in what are considered crimes state by state, the Uniformed Crime Report can be screwed around with and changed to a lower class crime that does not have to appear on the aforementioned UCR.

4th" West New York, Union City and Hoboken are almost the exact size as Harrison, West New York PD approximately 160 Officers, Union City approx 100 Officers, and Hoboken approx. 175 Officers.

While you were doing your bogus research of scewed statistics the Town of Harrison has been getting pilfered Home Invasions, Armed Robberies, Street Robberies, Murders, Sexual Assaults....... check those facts nex year when they come out you may just shit your pants and run for the "For Sale" sign.

As I said in the begining of this post you sound very well versed in the subject matter, but I must have to inform you "you don't have a god damn clue as to what it takes to attempt to make Harrison safe.

I suggest that you ask the guys and girl in the PD what is actually going on an Harrison, you might just rething the bougus numbers.

Your facts are so f-cked up!!!

There hasn't been 53 Officers in 3 years, the crime rate is thru the roof, that "hotel" alone needs it's own Police Department never mind the rest of the community.

Crime rate statistics are so screwy, the chiefs use the UCR rules to lessen the crime rate.

There are at least 3 other towns in Hudson County that are similar in size and Harrison PD only has aprroximately 1/3 the amout of cops in those towns (look that up moron).

As too the Ocean County Town that only has 47 Officers, that is Ocean County one of the safest Counties in the entire Country, Brick #1, Dover Twp. #14 (now known as Toms River Twp.) http://www.statestats.com/cit07pop.htm#25

Direct from www.fbi.gov/

Each year when Crime in the United States is published, some entities use reported figures to compile rankings of cities and counties. These rough rankings provide no insight into the numerous variables that mold crime in a particular town, city, county, state, or region. Consequently, they lead to simplistic and/or incomplete analyses that often create misleading perceptions adversely affecting communities and their residents. Valid assessments are possible only with careful study and analysis of the range of unique conditions affecting each local law enforcement jurisdiction. The data user is, therefore, cautioned against comparing statistical data of individual reporting units from cities, metropolitan areas, states, or colleges or universities solely on the basis of their population coverage or student enrollment.

See Caution Against Ranking for additional information.

Continue to Crime in the United States, 2007

There hasn't been 53 Officers in 3 years, the crime rate is thru the roof, that "hotel" alone needs it's own Police Department never mind the rest of the community.

Crime rate statistics are so screwy, the chiefs use the UCR rules to lessen the crime rate.

There are at least 3 other towns in Hudson County that are similar in size and Harrison PD only has aprroximately 1/3 the amout of cops in those towns (look that up moron).

As too the Ocean County Town that only has 47 Officers, that is Ocean County one of the safest Counties in the entire Country, Brick #1, Dover Twp. #14 (now known as Toms River Twp.) http://www.statestats.com/cit07pop.htm#25

ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE CHIEF DOESN'T REPORT CRIME ACCURATELY IN HARRISON? The 3 Towns in Hudson County that are similar in size( 1Square mile) have more then 3 times the amount of people then Harrison. Hobonken, 40,000- W. New York 40,000, Union City-60,000. Harrison has only 13,942. Stay off the cell phones with your girl or boyfriends and do your jobs.

Why don't you do a comparative study on the fireman and then give your opinion of that. I am sure that the number of fireman to the geographical area and amount of ifres would be an absolute embarassment and show the tax payers just why their tax bills are so high. Also, name any town or city in America that has more fireman (thru nepotism) in Harrison than cops. I will give you a ballpark number; start at 0 and the figure shouldn't change. Maybe, IMO, someone should kick the shit out of you one night and continue for 15 minutes for one of the two cops on duty to get there. Maybe even attack a female member of your family (I in no way condoning this) and ask them how long the 15 minutes for a cop to arrive felt like. You obviously are either the Mayor or a high paid flunkie.

Why don't you do a comparative study on the fireman and then give your opinion of that. I am sure that the number of fireman to the geographical area and amount of ifres would be an absolute embarassment and show the tax payers just why their tax bills are so high. Also, name any town or city in America that has more fireman (thru nepotism) in Harrison than cops. I will give you a ballpark number; start at 0 and the figure shouldn't change. Maybe, IMO, someone should kick the shit out of you one night and continue for 15 minutes for one of the two cops on duty to get there. Maybe even attack a female member of your family (I in no way condoning this) and ask them how long the 15 minutes for a cop to arrive felt like. You obviously are either the Mayor or a high paid flunkie.

I agree that we dont need all these firemen, cutback and put more cops on duty. the crime rate here is getting very high.

I agree that there should be less paid fireman in Harrison augmented by volunteers. Years ago, Harrison was able to have a paid FD, but that no longer is appropriate.

I regard to the HPD, there are enough Officers. They just have to be deployed more efficiently. Maybe there are too many Detectives. Patrol is the most important division in any PD and that's where manpower should be assigned. There should be job enlargement, so that a Patrol Officer can be trained to process a crime scene and also do followups. Why does the Chief favor the Detective Bureau?

Another reason for the manpower shortage in the Patrol Divsion is steady shifts that have less Officers on each patrol squad. The PBA asked for this and the Chief allowed it. The last 2 Chiefs were against it because it led to less manpower to respond to calls for service.

And, why do you respond in such an inappropriate manner? Your statement that someone should kick the shit out of me and attack a female member of my family illustrates that you are an ignorant, immature,imbecile. In your best day, you wouldn't be able to beat me one on one.

I agree that we dont need all these firemen, cutback and put more cops on duty. the crime rate here is getting very high.

Just put the cops we have on the street Do away with traffic, all they do is screw it up anyway; or hire civilians for traffic, they'll do a better job.

Also, many crimes are not reported for whatever reasons.
They are not reported correctly because the chief does not want the town to know what a cesspool of crime Harrison really is. The chief checks every report and downgrades each incident whenever he feels it will benefit himself. He thinks that this will impress his boss (McDumbell) No crime, No new cops, No promotions and most importantly, No overtime! The only goal of the chief is to save, save, save and try to impress, impress, impress. By saving money he thinks that the mayor will erect a statue of him in front of the town hall. Keep up the good work chief! Don't worry though, the HFD will take home the money you save. Keep trying to save and impress, you are doing a good job at that, you truly have created a wreck!

Why don't you tell everyone about the HPD's "Unlimited Sicktime Policy". Tell everyone that there's no abuse, guys would never call out sick when they're not sick.

You actually sound like you know what your talking about but let's get a few things straight.

1st: I hope you read the preamble on the FBI.GOV website which tells you that these statistics should not be used to determine the safety of any Municipality, County or State.

2nd: The Uniformed Crime Report is so screwed up, because there is no uniform crimes, for example what is a sexual assault in other states might not qualify in New Jersey because there may not have been vaginal penetration.

3rd: because of the differences in what are considered crimes state by state, the Uniformed Crime Report can be screwed around with and changed to a lower class crime that does not have to appear on the aforementioned UCR.

4th" West New York, Union City and Hoboken are almost the exact size as Harrison, West New York PD approximately 160 Officers, Union City approx 100 Officers, and Hoboken approx. 175 Officers.

While you were doing your bogus research of scewed statistics the Town of Harrison has been getting pilfered Home Invasions, Armed Robberies, Street Robberies, Murders, Sexual Assaults....... check those facts nex year when they come out you may just shit your pants and run for the "For Sale" sign.

As I said in the begining of this post you sound very well versed in the subject matter, but I must have to inform you "you don't have a god damn clue as to what it takes to attempt to make Harrison safe.

I suggest that you ask the guys and girl in the PD what is actually going on an Harrison, you might just rething the bougus numbers.

WNY and UC are bigger in miles and have a way bigger population than Harrison. Hoboken might be the same size in miles but once again have a way bigger population so ofcourse they need more officers. Plus they do ten times the work then the HPD

What happened to the detailed report on the fireman similar to the one you provided on the cops? It may be that they are just a complete waste of money for a town the size of Harrison. The only thing I can do is make a suggestion. The fireman should get a boot and beg on the street corners like homeless people in order to pay for the gas to go to other towns to go grocery shopping for their gourmet kitchen. If they can successfully beg like dogs after 9/11 they can even use the extra money to buy their families Christmas presents instead of spending any of the $100,000.00 they make a year. If they roll over or go and fetch a stick maybe they can even beg more effectively than usual. They might, but I doubt it, use the yuletide begathon to buy toys for the not so fortunate families and take credit for it even though its the publics money. IMO, thats damn funny.

Guest Harrison Taxpayer
Why don't you tell everyone about the HPD's "Unlimited Sicktime Policy". Tell everyone that there's no abuse, guys would never call out sick when they're not sick.

Come on, Wyatt. Talk to us about the unlimited sicktime. Tell us the average number of sick days per man used this year.

The majority of the sick time was because of 3 officer who required a lot of time off too recover from their illnesses/injuries, over 600 sick days between them.

You are probably thinking holy shit 600 + days, yeah but could you imagine if they were your father or mother or someone you rely on..

have you every worked a midnight tour on every holiday, away from your family for years, got hit by a car, involved in a fight for your life, propably not, so don't paint the PD paint with a broad brush, the majority of sick time is down to an all time low since the inception of the police department some 200 years ago....

God bless those who serve!!!

They are not reported correctly because the chief does not want the town to know what a cesspool of crime Harrison really is. The chief checks every report and downgrades each incident whenever he feels it will benefit himself. He thinks that this will impress his boss (McDumbell) No crime, No new cops, No promotions and most importantly, No overtime! The only goal of the chief is to save, save, save and try to impress, impress, impress. By saving money he thinks that the mayor will erect a statue of him in front of the town hall. Keep up the good work chief! Don't worry though, the HFD will take home the money you save. Keep trying to save and impress, you are doing a good job at that, you truly have created a wreck!

I don't believe that Derek would not report crime correctly. As for saving on overtime, as I recall when he was a Squad Commander he would always complain about not having enough manpower. I know for a fact that he asked for promotions, but the state wouldn't allow any. All Chiefs who do their jobs properly are disliked. Show me a Chief who the PBA likes, and I'll show you someone who isn't doing his job.

Keep up the good work Chief am don't listen to the crybabies.

What happened to the detailed report on the fireman similar to the one you provided on the cops? It may be that they are just a complete waste of money for a town the size of Harrison. The only thing I can do is make a suggestion. The fireman should get a boot and beg on the street corners like homeless people in order to pay for the gas to go to other towns to go grocery shopping for their gourmet kitchen. If they can successfully beg like dogs after 9/11 they can even use the extra money to buy their families Christmas presents instead of spending any of the $100,000.00 they make a year. If they roll over or go and fetch a stick maybe they can even beg more effectively than usual. They might, but I doubt it, use the yuletide begathon to buy toys for the not so fortunate families and take credit for it even though its the publics money. IMO, thats damn funny.

Sounds like someone failed the Fire test and is now stuck being a cop; (coc$ $-ck-r)!

I HOPE YOU NEED A FIREMAN IN THE NEAR FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What could any fireman do for anyone that they could't do for themselves? Eat, sleep, shit, cry, do drugs, drink, etc......good try. However, I would gladly have this tiny town, with the largest and highest paid fire dept. in NJ, if not the USA, for its size to volunteers and get rid of this 9 million dollar eyesore. It is just a clubhouse to relax in and they let their certification lapse because their is no training when they have 24/7 to do nothing but train. I am concerned about my paying my mortgage, not the firemans second homes and new Escalades. The ones who get the boot could always resort having their wife give it up to a to one that was kept for a stipend each month, because they are not gonna make $100,000.00 a year other than if they get another town job in Harrison. BUKAKIE for all! IMO that is.

What did you say the populations were in Union City, Hoboken, and West New York?

Oh- sorry .

You didn't.

Guest knowitall

Every cop in Harrison would have to work at least 10 hours minimum per week to even come close to what the firebitches earn over at the clubhouse. Why is this issue of the 9 million dollar per year clubhouse not being discussed as to be eliminated by McMole and council? Its because how could the council look themselves in the mirror after eliminating a their own family of a political do nothing job. They would rather have good people go thru foreclosures than bring up this issue. Other towns, especially democratic domains, are recognizing this same issue and have made the smart decision and do away with these leaches. Nepotism and paybacks control the FD. I can only hope the state doesn't bail out Harrison like every year and cuts have to be made. Could you imagine the confusion! How many fires have there been this year? How many people did the fireman save? What the hell do they do all day and night anyway for 100K a year? I did forget they tried to blow life into a charcoal corpse to act like they tried to do sometthing and were upset. TAXPAYERS-INSIST ON VOLUNTEERS AND LOWER YOUR TAXES BY 4K TO 5K A YEAR AND SAVE YOUR HOME BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my opinion!!!!!!!!

Guest Harrison's Bravest
Every cop in Harrison would have to work at least 10 hours minimum per week to even come close to what the firebitches earn over at the clubhouse. Why is this issue of the 9 million dollar per year clubhouse not being discussed as to be eliminated by McMole and council? Its because how could the council look themselves in the mirror after eliminating a their own family of a political do nothing job. They would rather have good people go thru foreclosures than bring up this issue. Other towns, especially democratic domains, are recognizing this same issue and have made the smart decision and do away with these leaches. Nepotism and paybacks control the FD. I can only hope the state doesn't bail out Harrison like every year and cuts have to be made. Could you imagine the confusion! How many fires have there been this year? How many people did the fireman save? What the hell do they do all day and night anyway for 100K a year? I did forget they tried to blow life into a charcoal corpse to act like they tried to do sometthing and were upset. TAXPAYERS-INSIST ON VOLUNTEERS AND LOWER YOUR TAXES BY 4K TO 5K A YEAR AND SAVE YOUR HOME BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my opinion!!!!!!!!

You're a demented idiot that should have his bullets taken away. That's my opinion.

I can not believe for a moment, that a HPD officer would write this. If one did, they must be a want- a- be accountant, or at the very least, a tax assessor. You couldn't be someone who the people of Harrison trust for protection. Besides your numbers being wrong, facts not accurate, and a indifference for people trying to save a life, you would be better served by just shutting your mouth, and doing your job. P.S. I'm not a fireman, town worker, or another police officer. Just a tax payer who is tired of the cops complaining about having to work, who think they are the only ones working (LOL), not counting thier street work, just like whores that they are. With this much insight, why don't you work in the town that you live, and maybe we can hire our own children from town to do your job. Better yet, go back to the county sheriff's office. Biit--.