Damn Soccer

The Young Punk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So then what's your problem?

What I do not like, I do not feel I have a problem, is while the two full time coachs were there the non english speaking volunteer conducted the entire practice from start to finish. This person may have the skills the coach wants to teach but the coach should be doing the talking so all can understand. I waited and listened for 20 min. before questioning it.

What I do not like, I do not feel I have a problem, is while the two full time coachs were there the non english speaking volunteer conducted the entire practice from start to finish.  This person may have the skills the coach wants to teach but the coach should be doing the talking so all can understand.  I waited and listened for 20 min. before questioning it.

:ph34r: Why did you wait so long? I would have said something in the first thirty seconds.

I know coaches for the Rec., and they are good. All you have to do is open your mouth!!!

<_<  Why did you wait so long?  I would have said something in the first thirty seconds.

I know coaches for the Rec., and they are good.  All you have to do is open your mouth!!!

I am sure the coaches are good but I didn't want to assume it would be all non english. You think saying something right away would have gotten diferent results then I received waiting? An offer for translation if my son has a problem.

I am sure the coaches are good but I didn't want to assume it would be all non english.  You think saying something right away would have gotten diferent results then I received waiting?  An offer for translation if my son has a problem.

Forget about it sparky, all the pork chops are going to gang up on you....it's no use. Remember one thing, this is a pork chop town now full of non english speaking, american hating choppers. The best advice I can give you if you still want to live in this town is.................have a glass of sangria and enjoy for you are now the minority in this town my english speaking, america loving friend.

VIVA LA PORKCHOPUGAL ! :angry:

Forget about it sparky, all the pork chops are going to gang up on you....it's no use. Remember one thing, this is a pork chop town now full of non english speaking, american hating choppers. The best advice I can give you if you still want to live in this town is.................have a glass of sangria and enjoy for you are now the minority in this town my english speaking, america loving friend.

VIVA LA PORKCHOPUGAL ! :ph34r:

Cheers.

Guest Ben Franklin
No kidding, France "helped alot".  Try France saved the Continental Army's asses.  Yeah, a bunch of non-English speaking foreigners.  I guess if they could save Washignton's Army, a Spanish speaking guy could help out teaching soccer.

The majority spoke English.....there were also French, Dutch, German, Spanish, and others.  Not that much different than the current situation.

I think we more than returned the favor in World War 2. Besides, the French didn't help the Continental Army because they loved America; they hated the British. I think this is a weak argument for not speaking English in America anyway.

I think we more than returned the favor in World War 2.  Besides, the French didn't help the Continental Army because they loved America; they hated the British.  I think this is a weak argument for not speaking English in America anyway.

So is saying we paid them back during WWII.

VIVA LA PORKCHOPUGAL ! :rolleyes:

YES THAT THE THE KEY WORD, NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING, LEARN OUR LANGAGE OR LEAVE.

The simple thing is this, last time I checked the language used in our school systems and the majority of stores was english. I don't see kids having to take special classes like ssl, last time I checked if you didn't speak english it was mandatory to take an esl class, this means ENGLISH as a second language. I like the idea of people volunteering to help the kids, Im all for that. The part I don't agree with is the idea that if everyone can speak english and only the majority can speak spanish then why can't they get people who can speak english? I am sure that in soccer town USA we can find someone who speaks english and can play soccer. I don't care what language people speak at home, you can make up your own language for all i care, but when you are in public and are working with other people shouldn't you be using the common language?

So "cheers" is what you say to that racisists' comment.  I guess you've shown your true character now! :lol:

The reply of cheers only shows the frustration that nothing meaningful can be done. This is a town in transition. In the 60's and 70's it was not like this. To not state how I feel only normalizes this wrong (opinion) behavior. I suppose when my wife gets her nails done at the beauty parlor and everyone including the person working on her is speaking another language is acceptable.

Well I say no and will take whatever heat. I have said nothing derogratory in either thread and you jump at the first opportunity of perseived racism. And from this you conclude true character as opposed to every responce which I think was fair. Check my previous post, there are not to many. I think the only thread I resopnded to besides these recent ones had to do with someone complaining about the flags out during world cup. If I recall correctly I responded positivily they are proud of their heritage and it is for a short time and there is nothing wrong with it.

Yes you have my true character summed up in one word. You nailed it . And every time someone yells racism wrongly and looks stupid doing it takes some of the sting out of the word for everyone. It seems you are only looking for an arguement.

Guest English
The reply of cheers only shows the frustration that nothing meaningful can be done.  This is a town in transition.  In the 60's and 70's it was not like this.  To not state how I feel only normalizes this wrong (opinion) behavior.  I suppose when my wife gets her nails done at the beauty parlor and everyone including the person working on her is speaking another language is acceptable. 

Well I say no and will take whatever heat.  I have said nothing derogratory in either thread and you jump at the first opportunity of perseived racism.  And from this you conclude true character as opposed to every responce which I think was fair.  Check my previous post, there are not to many.  I think the only thread I resopnded to besides these recent ones had to do with someone complaining about the flags out during world cup.  If I recall correctly I responded positivily they are proud of their heritage and it is for a short time and there is nothing wrong with it. 

Yes you have my true character summed up in one word.  You nailed it .  And every time someone yells racism wrongly and looks stupid doing it takes some of the sting out of the word for everyone.  It seems you are only looking for an arguement.

Sparky, there is no need to explain yourself or your opinions to anyone.

When a valid point is made and there is no other answer, solution or whatever to the situation, the RACE card is always played.

A non-English speaking coach, in Kearny, NJ, a City and State in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, a ENGLISH speaking COUNTRY is wrong and unacceptable.

No debate, no argument, cut and dry----- WRONG!!!

By the way--- CHEERS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

The simple thing is this, last time I checked the language used in our school systems and the majority of stores was english. I don't see kids having to take special classes like ssl, last time I checked if you didn't speak english it was mandatory to take an esl class, this means ENGLISH as a second language. I like the idea of people volunteering to help the kids, Im all for that. The part I don't agree with is the idea that if everyone can speak english and only the majority can speak spanish then why can't they get people who can speak english? I am sure that in soccer town USA we can find someone who speaks english and can play soccer. I don't care what language people speak at home, you can make up your own language for all i care, but when you are in public and are working with other people shouldn't you be using the common language?

Yeah, the guy was speaking Spanish just to piss you off.

What a bonehead you are.

The reply of cheers only shows the frustration that nothing meaningful can be done.  This is a town in transition.  In the 60's and 70's it was not like this.  To not state how I feel only normalizes this wrong (opinion) behavior.  I suppose when my wife gets her nails done at the beauty parlor and everyone including the person working on her is speaking another language is acceptable. 

Well I say no and will take whatever heat.  I have said nothing derogratory in either thread and you jump at the first opportunity of perseived racism.  And from this you conclude true character as opposed to every responce which I think was fair.  Check my previous post, there are not to many.  I think the only thread I resopnded to besides these recent ones had to do with someone complaining about the flags out during world cup.  If I recall correctly I responded positivily they are proud of their heritage and it is for a short time and there is nothing wrong with it. 

Yes you have my true character summed up in one word.  You nailed it .  And every time someone yells racism wrongly and looks stupid doing it takes some of the sting out of the word for everyone.  It seems you are only looking for an arguement.

You're the worst kind of racist. A guy that's too dopey to even know he is one.

Why don't you tell your wife to stop going to those businesses where people speak another language?

Sparky, there is no need to explain yourself or your opinions to anyone.

When a valid point is made and there is no other answer, solution or whatever to the situation, the RACE card is always played.

A non-English speaking coach, in Kearny, NJ, a City and State in the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, a ENGLISH speaking COUNTRY is wrong and unacceptable.

No debate, no argument, cut and dry----- WRONG!!!

By the way--- CHEERS!!!!!! :lol:

Hey dopey, are you following the thread? The guy wasn't the coach, he was just helping out.

You must be pretty stupid if you can't understand the concept of kicking a ball, regardless of the language.

You're the worst kind of racist.  A guy that's too dopey to even know he is one. 

Why don't you tell your wife to stop going to those businesses where people speak another language?

Is it racist to want to protect your culture and see it fourish. This country wound up being a haven for mostly people of British descent. They spoke English. They had other traditions I would like to see handed down to my children's children. I do not want the U.S. to turn into another Latino nation. There are many of them, so why can't we have the land we shed our blood to inhabit?

Is it racist to want to protect your culture and see it fourish.  This country wound up being a haven for mostly people of British descent.  They spoke English.  They had other traditions I would like to see handed down to my children's children.  I do not want the U.S. to turn into another Latino nation.  There are many of them, so why can't we have the land we shed our blood to inhabit?

Paella anyone ? :lol:

Is it racist to want to protect your culture and see it fourish.  This country wound up being a haven for mostly people of British descent.  They spoke English.  They had other traditions I would like to see handed down to my children's children.  I do not want the U.S. to turn into another Latino nation.  There are many of them, so why can't we have the land we shed our blood to inhabit?

It's racist to bash others because of their origin and culture.

This country became a "haven for mostly people of British descent"? You'd better get some books on the history of immigration in this country.

As far as your question; "why can't we have the land we shed our blood to inhabit?" I think you'd better do some research on whose blood was shed to inhabit this land.

Guest Soccer Parent
Hey dopey, are you following the thread? The guy wasn't the coach, he was just helping out.

You must be pretty stupid if you can't understand the concept of kicking a ball, regardless of the language.

You are the stupid "juan", my friend!!!

There is much more to soccer than just kicking the ball!!!!!

By the way, an observance I have made at Rec soccer, is that all the non-english speaking people seem to not follow the rulles, that is--- NO SMOKING on the fields, Staying on each side line and not on the ends harassing the goalie, staying back off the field while play is going on, plus they all want their kid to score so teach them how to goal hang and so on and so on and so on!!!!!!

When told about what they're doing they look at you like you have 3 heads and than continue doing what they want anyway!!!

Welcome to America, have a nice day!!

My niece came home from school and told her mother they are learning spanish. My sister wrote a note and told the teacher during that class she is to leave and go sit in the principals office. Why should she learn spanish? It's supposed to be the other way around,spanish people having all english speaking and learning in all our schools. WHat A f****** disgrace. Boy if this continues I myself will get a petition going. That is wrong wrong wrong.

You are the stupid "juan", my friend!!!

There is much more to soccer than just kicking the ball!!!!!

By the way, an observance I have made at Rec soccer, is that all the non-english speaking people seem to not follow the rulles, that is--- NO SMOKING on the fields, Staying on each side line and not on the ends harassing the goalie, staying back off the field while play is going on, plus they all want their kid to score so teach them how to goal hang and so on and so on and so on!!!!!!

When told about what they're doing they look at you like you have 3 heads and than continue doing what they want anyway!!!

Welcome to America, have a nice day!!

Really?!?!? is there?!?!

And by the way, you made an OBSERVATION, not an OBSERVANCE.

My niece came home from school and told her mother they are learning spanish. My sister wrote a note and told the teacher during that class she is to leave and go sit in the principals office. Why should she learn spanish? It's supposed to be the other way around,spanish people having all english speaking and learning in all our schools. WHat A f****** disgrace. Boy if this continues I myself will get a petition going. That is wrong wrong wrong.

Learning a foreign language in school!?!?!? Is this something new?

You and your niece's mother should really get out more. :lol: