Crossing Guards...

Concerned Parent

I see that this is not a favorite topic but one that has prompted 5 other threads. Not much has changed since those threads.

My least favorite crossing guard is the one on CENTRAL and FER Blvd. You don't want to smile - no biggie. You enjoy looking annoyed - no biggie. But guess what??? Your job is to cross the town's children when they approach your corner!

I'm tired of seeing her stand in the shade of nearby stores when it's hot, and huddle against buildings when it's too cold.

You accepted a position with outdoor elements, do your job effectively.

I'm tired of seeing her slump across the street AFTER the kid has crossed himself! One would think that having grandkids of her own, she would be more attentive. But she is very attentive when she's chatting it up by a bodega when a kid is crossing themselves by the pizzeria.

I'll give you a couple of CGs that I like.

the gentlemen on 3rd St & Hamilton/Cleveland, the ladies on Harrison Ave & 5th by Vic's, the older woman by 280 - she outworks the one on Central any day of the week!

WHO'S YOUR LEAST FAVORITE????

crossing guard critique

CG Benefits

More Questions

Double Duty

More Bashing

Question for the administrator:

Why did you bleep my post???

You had no problem leaving the locations of 'good' crossing guards.

I think it is very unfair of you to edit her location. I'm sure there are plenty of parents on here that may want to know this kind of information. Maybe they leave too early to notice for themselves. I'm not the typical person that just complains to make myself feel better. I pointed out negatives AND positives.

It now makes sense why I had to create this topic twice - the first one would have been completely bleeped out.

What's the point of citing a valid concern if you are going to use your *********************** all over the place?

I was looking for input but that's fine - I'll find more effective avenues for my complaints.

Thank you for being so impartial :P Especially when I read the rest of the mess on here.

I have sent this email to you via message as well.

Guest TAX SLAVE

My least favorite crossing guard is...............................ALL OF THEM!

Why should our tax money be used to help overpaid crossing guards disrupt the flow of traffic and do something that parents should have to do on their own?

With our economy the way it is the best way to help the citizens of this town is to eliminate the number of public employees in this town. We have 1 city employee for every 44 residents. That's a CRIME! Most towns have 1 for every 400-500 residents. And even that's too many in my opinion.

Every where I go in this town I see a vehicle with HARRISON written on it. How many vehicles do these bureaucrats need? At our expense?

But seriously we could start by getting rid of the crossing guard on ******** and *** St. She does her job, but she's a grouch and I've seen her curse out drivers in front of children. Calling them "a holes" and a bunch of other things.

Go f**k yourself crackhead, at least they have a job unlike you. In todays economy, it is very difficult for most of the elderly crossing guards to get by on social security so they have to work into their 70's. IMO they do a great job.

who gives a f**k; i know how to cross the street

Guest Looking Both Ways
Go f**k yourself crackhead, at least they have a job unlike you.

Puhlease.......

You always have the same response.

IMO they do a great job.

Not all do their job very well.

Bottom line... A job done poorly is - a job done poorly.

There is little room for even a slight margin of error here.

I don't want to bash any or even one, but some need to consider improvement or retirement.

...it is very difficult for most of the elderly crossing guards to get by on social security so they have to work into their 70's...

Who's in their seventies? Really, well I would think that they might need crossing assistance themselves :P .

Guest TAX SLAVE
Go f**k yourself crackhead, at least they have a job unlike you. In todays economy, it is very difficult for most of the elderly crossing guards to get by on social security so they have to work into their 70's. IMO they do a great job.

So your solution is to allow a few elderly people keep their jobs at the expense of the other 14,000 people that live here? The money the citizens would save if this position was eliminated from the city budget could be used to buy more groceries/food for children. Not to mention help create other jobs where the money is spent. More likely create more jobs than the ones that would be eliminated.

When trying to run an economy you can't just look at what is "seen". You have to think about the "unseen" benefits of giving people a tax reduction.

First of all, there's not many that are on S.S. They are middle age. Put your glasses on.

No one singled out an elderly crossing guard. In fact, I credited the one under 280 that out shines most of the young ones. It is a shame that they are in situations to keep working at this age. But what excuse do some of the younger ones have for not performing to average standards? I'm not asking that crossing guards have sugar sweet personalities, not important to me. I DO expect them to pay attention to their post and make the kids a PRIORITY. If all kids could cross themselves, we would not need them. If all drivers could be trusted to WAIT for a child to cross first, we would not need them.

Therefore, they should be glad there is a need for so many or postions would be scarce.

They should have a Crossing Guard Beauty Pagent. That would really be interesting. They are all so hot it would be difficult to find a winner. Any suggestions for the three runners up?

No one singled out an elderly crossing guard. In fact, I credited the one under 280 that out shines most of the young ones. It is a shame that they are in situations to keep working at this age. But what excuse do some of the younger ones have for not performing to average standards? I'm not asking that crossing guards have sugar sweet personalities, not important to me. I DO expect them to pay attention to their post and make the kids a PRIORITY. If all kids could cross themselves, we would not need them. If all drivers could be trusted to WAIT for a child to cross first, we would not need them.

Therefore, they should be glad there is a need for so many or postions would be scarce.

Your right she is elderly,but come on what can she possibly do if a kid ran in the street. *** *** ****** ****. I understand that she has to work and I give her great credit.But she shouldn't be on that corner.

They should have a Crossing Guard Beauty Pagent. That would really be interesting. They are all so hot it would be difficult to find a winner. Any suggestions for the three runners up?

Now thats funny!!!!!!!!

You seem to have plenty of time to watch the crossing guards, the lowest paid employees in town. Could it be that your fat, obese ass is sitting home all day on public assistance when you could be working? You most likely go pick up your kids because stupid people like you often have more kids when they don't have the money to support them and they turn out like you. Generation after generation of welfare with no ambition or contribution to society. The 1st of the month is still far away so lock the fridge. What a j/o.

why stop there have it at every dept see the prizes you come up with? start water and finish with violations. now those are some real beauties inside and out!

ghetto garden trash alert. alert the media! they managed to crawl from the slim they live to write! oh no! defend the trailer park people who s**k the living shit out of this town and except to be treated like royality. if you look like shit and came from shit , you are shit

ghetto garden trash alert. alert the media! they managed to crawl from the slim they live to write! oh no! defend the trailer park people who s**k the living shit out of this town and except to be treated like royality. if you look like shit and came from shit , you are shit

How great of a job can some of them do. They can barely walk. I didn't say all of them. We are far from trailer park. They are all thrown out,the trailer trash. We people down here are good people. So what we live in the gardens. I am one who is proud to say I live their. You are shit,that likes to talk alot of shit.

Uhhhh who is shit? Nice mouth!

• 6 months later...
Guest pedestrian

Wednesday morning at the intersection of Bergen and F.E.R., I saw a pedestrian almost hit by a car. That intersection has 2 crossing guards on it, the male guard was on the corner by Wendy's and the female was on the opposite corner (by the hairdresser). The female crossing guard was standing with her back to the intersection and staring at Quik Chek. The guy crossing the street had the right to cross and a car was trying to beat traffic. Poor guy had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit by a car as it screeched to a stop. The female crossing guard had no idea what happened, she never even saw it and had no reaction after.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Guest pedestrian

Wednesday morning at the intersection of Bergen and F.E.R., I saw a pedestrian almost hit by a car. That intersection has 2 crossing guards on it, the male guard was on the corner by Wendy's and the female was on the opposite corner (by the hairdresser). The female crossing guard was standing with her back to the intersection and staring at Quik Chek. The guy crossing the street had the right to cross and a car was trying to beat traffic. Poor guy had to jump out of the way to avoid being hit by a car as it screeched to a stop. The female crossing guard had no idea what happened, she never even saw it and had no reaction after.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

• 1 month later...
Guest guest
:rolleyes: Why does everyone pick on the Gardens on here? I grew up in the Gardens and it was a great place to live. I know things have changed but thier are some good and honest people still ther

Guest Guest
:wub: Why does everyone pick on the Gardens on here? I grew up in the Gardens and it was a great place to live. I know things have changed but thier are some good and honest people still ther

Yes, the Gardens is a good place to live. Most of the trash and druggies are gone.

Considering there are over 200 units, it is only a small amount of touble there.

Take any block in this town and you can find a druggie or troublemaker and trash, they are on every street in town. not just the gardens. So before you trash the gardens look within your'e own block.

Guest guest
Yes, the Gardens is a good place to live. Most of the trash and druggies are gone.

Considering there are over 200 units, it is only a small amount of touble there.

Take any block in this town and you can find a druggie or troublemaker and trash, they are on every street in town. not just the gardens. So before you trash the gardens look within your'e own block.

You are so right. Just because of the name they talk so much crap. And its true there is trouble on every block in towns and out of towns. The place isn't the same. It's actually a great place and no more trouble.