Town Employees

Guest watchful eye

Guest watchful eye

what do you think about town employees that do personal business/errands on our time? I've noticed quite a few town workers, wandering around town when they should be in their offices/or on their trucks. Just wondering.

what do you think about town employees that do personal business/errands on our time? I've noticed quite a few town workers, wandering around town when they should be in their offices/or on their trucks. Just wondering.

Maybe they are in route from one job to another. They do get coffee breaks & lunch just like all you wonderful people do.

Guest watchful eye

of course they are entitled to a lunch and a break, but when you finish your day at 4:00 or start at 8:30, why do you need a break at 9:00 or 3:30. just doesn't make sense.

How about those teachers that are able to pick up their kids at the Catholic schools in town........................amazing how they can be "in school" and on the corners at the same time!!!! Where's the accountability????? :D

Guest watchful eye

you are absolutely right! the average person who does not have the dubious honor of working for the school board or the town, is held accountable for all their time during the day, however there are teachers, custodians, board secretary's, town employees, all taking time, not breaks or lunches, to run personal errands whether it be picking the kids up from school, running to the bank or to the deli, they are on our time and someone should advise these people that the rest of the world worked out a system for juggling personal and professional lives and they need to be able to do the same.

you are absolutely right! the average person who does not have the dubious honor of working for the school board or the town, is held accountable for all their time during the day, however there are teachers, custodians, board secretary's, town employees, all taking time, not breaks or lunches, to run personal errands whether it be picking the kids up from school, running to the bank or to the deli, they are on our time and someone should advise these people that the rest of the world worked out a system for juggling personal and professional lives and they need to be able to do the same.

You really need to stop crying and get a life. :P

You're not just wondering. You're just trying to stir the pot. Give it a rest.

of course they are entitled to a lunch and a break, but when you finish your day at 4:00 or start at 8:30, why do you need a break at 9:00 or 3:30. just doesn't make sense.

What you think & what thier contract say's are two different things!

what do you think about town employees that do personal business/errands on our time? I've noticed quite a few town workers, wandering around town when they should be in their offices/or on their trucks. Just wondering. ]

Well heres what i think. It is very obvious you got alot of free time on your hands, which brings up this issue. You are clearly recieving unemployment benefits, welfare check, section 8 check, food stamp check, and whatever else free check you can get. So, next time you drive around during your busy, hectic work schedule, say to yourself, "Hey they are contributing towards my free benefits". Thats what you should be saying to yourself. So, Shut up! and keep enjoing your free benefits, on their backs.

Oh, one more thing, no i do not work for the town, nor the board of ed, but i do hold a job unlike you.

I do have a boss and you know what if i stop somewhere to pick up a cup of coffee, i make up for it during that day or the next day!

Guest Gettin' Older
Well heres what i think. It is very obvious you got alot of free time on your hands, which brings up this issue. You are clearly recieving unemployment benefits, welfare check, section 8 check, food stamp check, and whatever else free check you can get. So, next time you drive around during your busy, hectic work schedule, say to yourself, "Hey they are contributing towards my free benefits". Thats what you should be saying to yourself. So, Shut up! and keep enjoing your free benefits, on their backs.

Oh, one more thing, no i do not work for the town, nor the board of ed, but i do hold a job unlike you.

I do have a boss and you know what if i stop somewhere to pick up a cup of coffee, i make up for it during that day or the next day!

Wow! that last sentence actually makes an intelligent point.

Everything before that makes it seem like your hemmorhoids are flaring up.

Guest watchful eye

Seems I hit a nerve with some people. Feeling like you are the target! Well, just for the record, I do work, do not collect, welfare, food stamps, or medicad benefits, but unlike some of you, I do not look down on people who are unfortunate. I am just questioning the lack of accountability for people who are employed by the town/boe. I am not asking for palming or anything ridiculous, just for someone to sit down and take notice when these employees disappear.

You are absolutely right! I would say that the majority of the town workers and BOE workers do the right thing..............but there are those that truly do take advantage because they are not made to be accountable. Someone needs to step up and do something about the situation but I think it is a losing battle. :P

Very sad!!!!

Guest Guest 1
Seems I hit a nerve with some people. Feeling like you are the target! Well, just for the record, I do work, do not collect, welfare, food stamps, or medicad benefits, but unlike some of you, I do not look down on people who are unfortunate. I am just questioning the lack of accountability for people who are employed by the town/boe. I am not asking for palming or anything ridiculous, just for someone to sit down and take notice when these employees disappear.

So Watchful you think palming is ridiculous? May I ask why?

Guest Watchful Eye

I think palming is ridiculous for the simple fact that teachers need to spend time in their classes after school and sometimes the offices that have the scanners are closed for the teachers to palm. The same holds true for the mornings. The teachers park and go to the classrooms, set up for the day, then go to the office to sign in. Town workers out all day doing whatever their work entails, they are the people I am truly questioning. Being that they are out and about for work, they sometimes take it upon themselves to run their own personal errands. That is where accountability should come in. Every so often you will see a postalworker being followed around on their route, well the same should be for town workers.

Guest Bewitched

Why does accountability scare us? What do the Superintendents, General Superintendents, Assistant Superintentents, Supervisors, Department heads, Administrators, Principals, Vice Principals (Get the picture) get the big bucks for?

If there are a few, and I really do mean a few, employees that feel their job is not important or fulfilling enough to give their personal best performance, if the need to "cheat" or befuddle their employer is a main concern, why in the world are their superiors not wripping them a new "@)##*(" and disciplining the few?

Time clocks are not for the majority of the workforce, they are for the non-performers; that will eventually beat them anyway...... The powers to be should make the Administrators do their jobs, not look at the underlings coniving the system.

Guest LeftyLucy
Seems I hit a nerve with some people.  Feeling like you are the target!  Well, just for the record, I do work, do not collect, welfare, food stamps, or medicad benefits, but unlike some of you, I do not look down on people who are unfortunate.  I am just questioning the lack of accountability for people who are employed by the town/boe.  I am not asking for palming or anything ridiculous, just for someone to sit down and take notice when these employees disappear.

So Watchful you think palming is ridiculous? May I ask why?

What would stop an individual from doing a palm scan and walking out anyway?

What ever happened to the honor code?

Guest Watching u

How could you possibly know what the town workers do all day or the Boe workers if you are working yourself. it would be impossible for you to watch all day. I think you might be out on disability and trying to cause trouble for your fellow workers, or you could be managment in which case you are not doing your job rather but shopping on town time. Either way you watching them watching you is costing me.

Archived