Barack abandoned his half-brother.

Guest Guest

I'm curious as to why a wealthy man such as Barack Obama would totally ignore his half brother living in poverty in Africa. This man exists on about one dollar a month. Can anyone imagine how this man's life would improve if Obama sent him as little as 20 dollars a month?

Is this the man that we'd really consider for President? It bothers me that this man that calls himself a Christian would allow his half brother to live in such squalid conditions. I'm certain that everyone reading this post would never abandon a half brother, we would all do whatever we were able to afford to improve the life of a relative in such dire need. I was leaning toward voting for Obama before this article came to my attention, but I don't think I can support him any more. His total lack of compassion is more than I can comprehend or disregard.

I'm curious as to why a wealthy man such as Barack Obama would totally ignore his half brother living in poverty in Africa. This man exists on about one dollar a month. Can anyone imagine how this man's life would improve if Obama sent him as little as 20 dollars a month?

Is this the man that we'd really consider for President? It bothers me that this man that calls himself a Christian would allow his half brother to live in such squalid conditions. I'm certain that everyone reading this post would never abandon a half brother, we would all do whatever we were able to afford to improve the life of a relative in such dire need. I was leaning toward voting for Obama before this article came to my attention, but I don't think I can support him any more. His total lack of compassion is more than I can comprehend or disregard.

How self-righteous of you. If you understood Christianity, you would know that this man is your brother as much as he is Senator Obama's. You send him the money.

Guest 2smart4u

I was skeptical of this story until I Googled it. It is true and hard to believe that anyone could be so cruel as to not lend a helping hand to a half brother when it would be so easy to do for a millionaire like Obama. The shiny image some people had of Obama is turning out to be a lump of coal.

How self-righteous of you. If you understood Christianity, you would know that this man is your brother as much as he is Senator Obama's. You send him the money.

Does that mean Obama does not understand Christianity? :lol:

Nothing special. All families have problems. Besides, how can he have time for family when he's busy saving the world?

Here's more on Obama's brother

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...halfbrothe.html

Would this go under the "compassionate liberal" label?

Guest Extinguisher

Where are the Christian values of a person who divorces his first wife because she becomes disfigured as John McCain did? My friend, if you're going to apply "Chiristian Values", apply them to all candidates.

I for one am voting on the economy -- as are 80% of Americans.

Where are the Christian values of a person who divorces his first wife because she becomes disfigured as John McCain did? My friend, if you're going to apply "Chiristian Values", apply them to all candidates.

I for one am voting on the economy -- as are 80% of Americans.

I guess then you won't be voting for Obama. We're facing the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression and Obama can't even be bothered to go to Washington.

Considering that he may be the next president, it would behoove him to get involved. But, I'm not surprised. Looking at his work history (has he ever attended his committee meetings?) that party boy so far has decided not to get involved.

Has Obama really done anything useful besides flapping his lips?

Guest 2smart4u
Does that mean Obama does not understand Christianity? :lol:

Nothing special. All families have problems. Besides, how can he have time for family when he's busy saving the world?

Here's more on Obama's brother

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2...halfbrothe.html

Would this go under the "compassionate liberal" label?

Wouldn't saving a half-brother from starvation fall under "community organizing"? I guess not.

Guest Extinguisher
I guess then you won't be voting for Obama. We're facing the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression and Obama can't even be bothered to go to Washington.

Considering that he may be the next president, it would behoove him to get involved. But, I'm not surprised. Looking at his work history (has he ever attended his committee meetings?) that party boy so far has decided not to get involved.

Has Obama really done anything useful besides flapping his lips?

Get your facts straight. Obama is in Washington today.

He has sponsored 132 bills since becoming Senator just 2 years ago.

Partyer? Obama is a teetoller.

Your deliberate use of racist imagery (boy/lips) is repulsive. It also motivates me re-double my efforts to see Obama elected.

Your deliberate use of racist imagery (boy/lips) is repulsive. It also motivates me re-double my efforts to see Obama elected.

I saw no DELIBERATE use of imagery. The two comments were taken out of context by you.

"Party boy", I took to mean a tool of the Party to which he belongs. "Flapping his lips" is an obvious reference to the fact that he is full of hot air; as all politicians are.

I notice the question about committee attendance remains unanswered . . . . . . . . interesting.

He said he was not going to go to Washington. That changed after the president invited Obama and McCain to go to the White House during his national TV address. When there is a high profile photo op Obama becomes available.

Many have stated that McCain went to Washington simply to posture and also to skip this debate. Now that this current crisis looks to be resolved (by tomorrow), I'm sure he'll go. Here's a former presidents take on this:

Earlier today, Mr. Clinton gave a wide berth to Mr. McCain for wanting to postpone the first presidential debate, scheduled for Friday.

“We know he didn’t do it because he’s afraid, because Sen. McCain wanted more debates,” Mr. Clinton said on “Good Morning America.”

You can put it off a few days,’’ Mr. Clinton added, ceding that “the problem is it’s hard to reschedule those things.” He said of Mr. McCain: “I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted — I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country, and so I don’t think we ought to overly parse that.”

Of course it was Obama who cut the number of debates. Not that I've seen that being reported all over the news.

He said he was not going to go to Washington. That changed after the president invited Obama and McCain to go to the White House during his national TV address. When there is a high profile photo op Obama becomes available.

Many have stated that McCain went to Washington simply to posture and also to skip this debate. Now that this current crisis looks to be resolved (by tomorrow), I'm sure he'll go. Here's a former presidents take on this:

Of course it was Obama who cut the number of debates. Not that I've seen that being reported all over the news.

It was all over the news at the time. If you think it wasn't, you must have had your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears. But it's in the past. It would be rather silly for it to get anything more than an occasional passing mention now.

Guest Extinguisher
I saw no DELIBERATE use of imagery. The two comments were taken out of context by you.

"Party boy", I took to mean a tool of the Party to which he belongs. "Flapping his lips" is an obvious reference to the fact that he is full of hot air; as all politicians are.

I notice the question about committee attendance remains unanswered . . . . . . . . interesting.

It was deliberate. Show me any other politician that has been described as "flapping his lips". That was repulsive.

Obama and McCain have attended literrally hundreds of Committee meetings each year. I think you're confused with a sub-committee dealing with Afghanistan which Obama has not attended. It turns out neither has McCain:

It turns out that presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain has attended even fewer Afghanistan-related Senate hearings over the past two years than Obama's one. Which is a nice way of saying, McCain, R-Ariz., the top Republican on the Senate Armed Service Committee, has attended zero of his committee's six hearings on Afghanistan over the last two years

Guest Extinguisher

LOL yet again! McCain was SILENT at the White House meeting yesterday. Not a single insight on the financial crisis. What kind of leadership is that? Finger in the wind-leadershop or photo-op-leadership.

I'm sure Obama would love to double the number of debates for Prez and VP. The McCain people will never let it happen. They're trying to do a My Fair Lady training number on Palin, and it isn't working. LOL!

It was deliberate. Show me any other politician that has been described as "flapping his lips". That was repulsive.

Obama and McCain have attended literrally hundreds of Committee meetings each year. I think you're confused with a sub-committee dealing with Afghanistan which Obama has not attended. It turns out neither has McCain:

It turns out that presumptive Republican nominee Sen. John McCain has attended even fewer Afghanistan-related Senate hearings over the past two years than Obama's one. Which is a nice way of saying, McCain, R-Ariz., the top Republican on the Senate Armed Service Committee, has attended zero of his committee's six hearings on Afghanistan over the last two years

As long as he doesn't flap his ears, that could cause some serious damage.

It's not interesting. It's just the same name-calling we've been getting from Bern, who is hyperventilating about Obama. You don't use phrases like that if you want to make useful and constructive comments.

As for committee attendance, you can criticize any politician for his record if you look at the right parameter, including McCain. Considering that very little was going to get done in Bush's last couple of years --- no matter what anyone did --- I have no problem with Senator Obama spending his time running for President. If you want to disagree, then say specifically how you think Obama could have changed things significantly by spending more time in the Senate. But again, be specific about where you would have wanted him to spend his time, and about the specific things that are likely to have been accomplished. I doubt you'll be able to come up with anything given the situation he faced, and it's not his fault. The Democrats don't have enough votes to override Bush's veto on any major legislation they would like to pass. That's not spin. It's a fact.