9-11 and Kearny

Guest guest

Why is it that when looking around Hudson County, Kearny and Harrison are the only two towns not having any type of memorial service for 9-11. There were a couple of Kearny residents as well as Harrison residents who died on that terrible day. I think its a shame.

Why is it that when looking around Hudson County, Kearny and Harrison are the only two towns not having any type of memorial service for 9-11. There were a couple of Kearny residents as well as Harrison residents who died on that terrible day. I think its a shame.

Sorry about you guys in Kearny not having anything. We guys in Harrison had a nice ceremony in library park.

Guest Kearny resident

If you were really that concerned and interested in having a local memorial service, you should have checked beforehand. If one was not planned, you could have gotten involved and help organize one. To sit in front of your computer after the 9/11 anniversary and type your commentary serves absolutely no good purpose.

Living in the Kearny/Harrison area, you also live close enough to ground zero to hop on a PATH train, if you so desire, and participate in the events that were scheduled right there.

Personally, I think it's just as good to privately remember those that were lost that day by attending your local house of worship or keeping them in your thoughts as you go about your normal day.