What's Mike Rodgers Thinking?

KOTW

Read the Editorial on our Main Page and Join the Discussion Here.

Why don't you read the rules and regulations of the Harrison Gardens. If you don't like them, let's pick the ones we don't like and do what we want. If someone wants to hang a flag, I should have the same right to hang my NY Yankees flag too.

Same thing the politicians and the select bunch of town millionaires are always thinking about.............$$$$$$$$$$$$$$......maybe they want $50.00 per year to display a flag......its just sickening.

Mr. Rodgers is thinking that he better follow the policy adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the Town of Harrison.

The Board of Commissioners does not operate on emotion. The Board of Commissioners operates on years of experience in the operation of public housing.

Please contact the administration office and request to speak to Mr. Rodgers. THAT'S SOMETHING THE ****** NEVER DID. Mr. Rodgers can explain the Authority's rule concerning the display of anything on the Authority property.

What's Mike Rodgers Thinking?

August 10, 2008 (Harrison NJ). Harrison Garden's Executive Director and former Councilmember Mike Rodgers this week has continued to enforce the prohibition apparently in the public housing lease agreement that prohibits tenants from flying flags outside their apartments. Harrison Garden's resident Marie O'Brien wanted to fly the American Flag outside her apartment in honor of her daughter, Jennifer, who will be serving in the armed forces starting next month. In any other neighborhood, the American flag would be welcomed. Not in the Harrison Garden's neighborhood. Here is where a rule needs to be broken. Let Rodgers or any Harrison Public Housing official and/or worker take down Marie O'Brien's American flag. In this turbulent time of war, how can Mike Rodgers deny a mother the right to fly the American Flag in honor of her daughter. Rodgers should be ashamed of himself and should immediately apologize and change the Housing Agency's policy. What is Mike Rodgers thinking? Can such a rule be enforceable in a court of law? What judge is going to tell Marie O'Brien that she has to vacate her apartment because she flew an American flag outside her apartment. How un-American would that be? Mike Rodgers is simply wrong. Harrison needs more American flags being flown in honor of individuals like Jennifer O'Brien who are serving our country. Prohibiting her mother from flying the American flag just makes no sense.

my only logical reason for this.. is that if he allows the american flag,,, he is going to have to allow,,, allll the other flags of people and "their countries"

Mr. Rodgers is thinking that he better follow the policy adopted by the Board of Commissioners of the Housing Authority of the Town of Harrison.

The Board of Commissioners does not operate on emotion. The Board of Commissioners operates on years of experience in the operation of public housing.

Please contact the administration office and request to speak to Mr. Rodgers. THAT'S SOMETHING THE ****** NEVER DID. Mr. Rodgers can explain the Authority's rule concerning the display of anything on the Authority property.

The only flag that is to be hang is the American flag. A few years back when T.L. was in office someone hang a Puerto Rican flag from their window. I went down to the office and within an hour the flag was removed. This is America. Another thing Mike is a Puerto Rican lady from Bldg * took her flag down over the weekend and ripped it up and threw it in the garbage. If you want to know her name let me know on the web. I think its disturbing.

It is a violation of someone's 1st ammendment right to tell them they can not display a flag.

The ACLU would be all over this in a heartbeat.

ACLU scum would let you burn a flag in a heartbeat but wouldn't care if you hung it in respect. ACLU is the lowest form of scum on the entire planet.

Guest your naybor
my only logical reason for this.. is that if he allows the american flag,,, he is going to have to allow,,, allll the other flags of people and "their countries"

I can't wait for football season so I can fly my Jet flag out the window.You better not be flying no Giant colors or you'll have eggs all over your window.When my Mets win the World Series wait until you see my colors out side my crib.

You know that Mike Rodgers only flies the big old American Flag with light on it at night like it's supposed to be.It's about time my country's flag gets displayed.No one better say a thing about it or I'll kick your ass because it's my first amendment right.

Let's have everyone fly whatever they want .It's our right.

Forget that lease I signed.You know the one that guaranteed me subsidized housing if I follow their rules.That Rodgers guy is always enforcing those rules.Let's get this place back to the way it was.Cops here 4or 5 times a day,Dumpster fires on New Years.Drug dealing .All night booze parties.

Better yet ,let's contact that Soothsayer dude who doesn't live here and we'll see if we can rent an apartment from him.He won't have any rules that benefit all the people in the house.Landlords don't have rules in private housing .You do what you want.We'll be able to fly all our banners,because he's an open minded dude who know that if I can fly the American flag.,I can fly my Peruvian flag rigt next to my Jet Flag.

Wake up!

This isn't about the American flag....the Gardens flies the biggest one in town,correctly by the way.Oh yeah and Mike Rodgers is a graduate of one of the United States Military Academies,The Merchant Marine Academy at Kings' Point.He took a ship through the Suez Canal during the Gulf War.

He's made the Housing Authority a better place to live.The other guy, Bennet, just wanted to see his picture in the paper.

Guest patriot

MIKE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF, HOW CAN ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN WANT TO MAKE A FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZEN REMOVE ANY THING THAT DISPLAYS AMERICAN PRIDE IN OUR FLAG OR ANY OTHER SYMBLE THAT EXPRESSES OUR LOVE OF COUNTRY. WHEN ARE WE AMERICAN CITIZENS GOING TO TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY AND NOT BE SUBJECTED TO ANY PERSON WHO FEELS THAT OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD BE OFFENDED IF WE MAKE THEM REMOVE ANY SYMBLE THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WE CANNOT KEEP GIVING IN TO PRESSURE FROM FORIGN AND ALIEN GROUPS THAT CLAIM THEIR RIGHTS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED , IF THEY ARE NOT CITZENS OF THIS COUNTRY HOW DARE THEY DEMAND HERE WHAT THEY CANNOT DEMAND IN THEIR HOME NATIONS. WAKE UP AMERICA, BEFORE IT'S TO LATE........

Better yet ,let's contact that Soothsayer dude who doesn't live here and we'll see if we can rent an apartment from him.He won't have any rules that benefit all the people in the house.Landlords don't have rules in private housing .You do what you want.We'll be able to fly all our banners,because he's an open minded dude who know that if I can fly the American flag.,I can fly my Peruvian flag rigt next to my Jet Flag.

Wake up!

okay.. all i was doing was trying to figure out mike rodgers ONLY logical reason for why he would NOT ALLOW flags being hung at the gardens... what does this have to do with me moving into the gardens? and not having rules? and yada yada yada whatever else your rambling about?

and you make my point for me exactly.. we are in america.. i quote "I fly the american flag" . but "i cant fly my peruvian flag" .. wheres the MY for the american flag, why the hell do i want you to be sooo proud of peru if its soo good to you.. why are you here? to wave it in americans faces.. if you love it so much.. go back there then... nobody needs you here... you can move back there and have 30,000 mini peru flags sticking out your ass if you'd like

It is a violation of someone's 1st ammendment right to tell them they can not display a flag.

The ACLU would be all over this in a heartbeat.

They are speaking of private property and there is already a flag hanging in the correct manner by the office. However, certain individuals do as they please and don't believe they should follow the rules. If these people are so concerned about hanging their flags they should have knowledge of flag code. I'm sure the rules below are not being followed. Shame on you for disrespecting the honor of our flag. This is what happens when the inmates control the asylum.

Please see below:

It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all-weather flag is displayed.

I can't wait for football season so I can fly my Jet flag out the window.You better not be flying no Giant colors or you'll have eggs all over your window.When my Mets win the World Series wait until you see my colors out side my crib.

You know that Mike Rodgers only flies the big old American Flag with light on it at night like it's supposed to be.It's about time my country's flag gets displayed.No one better say a thing about it or I'll kick your ass because it's my first amendment right.

Let's have everyone fly whatever they want .It's our right.

Forget that lease I signed.You know the one that guaranteed me subsidized housing if I follow their rules.That Rodgers guy is always enforcing those rules.Let's get this place back to the way it was.Cops here 4or 5 times a day,Dumpster fires on New Years.Drug dealing .All night booze parties.

Wake up!

This isn't about the American flag....the Gardens flies the biggest one in town,correctly by the way.Oh yeah and Mike Rodgers is a graduate of one of the United States Military Academies,The Merchant Marine Academy at Kings' Point.He took a ship through the Suez Canal during the Gulf War.

He's made the Housing Authority a better place to live.The other guy, Bennet, just wanted to see his picture in the paper.

I completely agree with this post!!! Good job Mike don't let the white trash scum bring you down. It's these same people that will be complaining in a few months when other apartments are displaying their South American, European, Sports and even Gay Pride flags. Rules are made for a reason. Larry you really should have not gotten involved in this one!!!

Guest naybor
MIKE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF, HOW CAN ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN WANT TO MAKE A FELLOW AMERICAN CITIZEN REMOVE ANY THING THAT DISPLAYS AMERICAN PRIDE IN OUR FLAG OR ANY OTHER SYMBLE THAT EXPRESSES OUR LOVE OF COUNTRY. WHEN ARE WE AMERICAN CITIZENS GOING TO TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY AND NOT BE SUBJECTED TO ANY PERSON WHO FEELS THAT OTHER COUNTRIES WOULD BE OFFENDED IF WE MAKE THEM REMOVE ANY SYMBLE THAT DOES NOT REPRESENT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WE CANNOT KEEP GIVING IN TO PRESSURE FROM FORIGN AND ALIEN GROUPS THAT CLAIM THEIR RIGHTS HAVE BEEN AFFECTED , IF THEY ARE NOT CITZENS OF THIS COUNTRY HOW DARE THEY DEMAND HERE WHAT THEY CANNOT DEMAND IN THEIR HOME NATIONS. WAKE UP AMERICA, BEFORE IT'S TO LATE........

you're an idiot .get out of the house once in while...stop aggrandizing yourself with stupid nicknames you fool.you wouldn't know satire or sarcasm if you fell over it.say good night Gracie (this is an obtuse reference)

Why don't you read the rules and regulations of the Harrison Gardens. If you don't like them, let's pick the ones we don't like and do what we want. If someone wants to hang a flag, I should have the same right to hang my NY Yankees flag too.

Do you really think the American Flag and a yankee flag are the same? Gimme a break!

That sounds like it was written by MR RODGERS himself, right from the textbook of "answers to give tenants"

Do you really think the American Flag and a yankee flag are the same? Gimme a break!

They are not the same but I should have the same right to fly the flag of my choice if they allow any banner or flag to be flown or hung by an individual. There is an American flag on the flagpole.

Guest ??????????????
you're an idiot .get out of the house once in while...stop aggrandizing yourself with stupid nicknames you fool.you wouldn't know satire or sarcasm if you fell over it.say good night Gracie (this is an obtuse reference)

I GUESS YOUR USE OF FANCY WORDS AND TRYING TO IMPRESS US , YOU KIND OF MISSED THE THOUGHT AND IDEA THAT WAS TRING TO BE EXPRESSED , DROP THE PROFFESOR IMPRESSION YOU ARE TRYING TO DISPLAY , IT DON'T WORK HERE , MOST PEOPLE ONLY HAVE A HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION AND ARE LOST TO YOUR ATTEMPT TO IMPRESS US WITH YOUR SO - SO INTELLECT , AND I'M OUT A LOT , YOU GOT TO GET YOUR NOSE OUT OF THE DICTIONARY AND MINGLE WITH THE LITTLE PEOPLE

Okay so everyone wants to fly a flag-I think you should be able to fly a flag as long as it is the American Flag-this is America and there should only be one flag flown. If you want to fly a flag from another country I suggest that you go to that country and fly it. Get over it already Mike Rodgers did nothing wrong he was absolutely correct . You do not own the property at the gardens you rent there so when you buy your own house than you can fly your own flag.

or the american flag and the peruvian flag are the same? nah who ever comes to this country and only has "their countries" flag hanging.. are spitting back at the face of america.

or the american flag and the peruvian flag are the same? nah who ever comes to this country and only has "their countries" flag hanging.. are spitting back at the face of america.
Who cares what people do! It's your individual right to hang any flag that you want to. We all know what country that we live in and besides why can't you have pride in the country that you were born in or came from? Mostly every person in the U.S.A. has an ethnic heritage. (somewhere in their ancestry) So remember where you live (Harrison, N.J.) it's a god damned melting pot of nationalities you unsoothsaying racist! I have a good question for you: If a person hanged out a Polish or an Italian flag would people still be complaining? NO! It all comes down to people that think they are superior to people from other countries (mainly South America,Portugal,Brazil and many more hispanic cultures) unless these countries armies are storming the beaches of the Passaic River,(trying to capture Mayor Saddam McDumb and his Democratic Guard ) I would'nt worry so much. Just lighten up and "Live and Let Live"!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the true American way.

Who cares what people do! It's your individual right to hang any flag that you want to. We all know what country that we live in and besides why can't you have pride in the country that you were born in or came from? Mostly every person in the U.S.A. has an ethnic heritage. (somewhere in their ancestry) So remember where you live (Harrison, N.J.) it's a god damned melting pot of nationalities you unsoothsaying racist! I have a good question for you: If a person hanged out a Polish or an Italian flag would people still be complaining? NO! It all comes down to people that think they are superior to people from other countries (mainly South America,Portugal,Brazil and many more hispanic cultures) unless these countries armies are storming the beaches of the Passaic River,(trying to capture Mayor Saddam McDumb and his Democratic Guard ) I would'nt worry so much. Just lighten up and "Live and Let Live"!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the true American way.

you are missing the point of the original post.

Guest This old hag

[/quote

So your saying America is not superior to all other countries? Silly me, I always thought we were.

Yo shat for brains! Watch it there bub - leave the Polish out. We were never welcome in this one horse hamlet.

Harrison. No room at the Inn for the lot of you!