$300,000 Parking Lot

Guest Angry Taxpayer

Guest Guest
Has anyone noticed the new parking lot that has only 5 parking spots???? what a waste of taxpayer money..

$300,000 was just for the land now add the demolition of the house and now the paving, fence and little odds and ends now try to park 5 cars in there without playing demolition derby This is a classic even for Harrison standards!

Guest Guest
Has anyone noticed the new parking lot that has only 5 parking spots???? what a waste of taxpayer money..

Where?, we need all the parking we can get for the residents and shoppers!

Guest Guest
$300,000 was just for the land now add the demolition of the house and now the paving, fence and little odds and ends now try to park 5 cars in there without playing demolition derby This is a classic even for Harrison standards!

There are only 5 spots !!!!! yeah thats right 5 spots!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a waste!!!!!!

Guest Guest

It is really for only 4 spots because one street spot was eleminated for the driveway.

Guest Guest

The original resolution was for the Town to purcahse the property and make additional parking for the Police Department. Why you ask? The answer was to free up several parking spots on Cleveland Ave for the residents. So lets add it up, you put 5 cop cars in the lot and one in the driveway of the lot, that equals six open spots for residents like me. Instead they open the lot for 5 spots minus the driveway equals four. No wonder this Town is broke.

300,000 plus to purcahse the land, 15,000 for demolition and debris removal, and 25,000 to level and pave the lot. Almost 400,000 for what? For four 100,000 free parking spots.

Guest BlueTideBacker

Considering all the millions in profits the developers are making in Harrison, it would have been reasonable for the developers to donate a new

police station to the town. But of course, that wouldn't be in keeping with our "give the store away" mentality.

Guest Guest

Its about time the cops had somewhere to park their cars without having to move them 2 hours into the shift or circle the area 10 times and get written up for not being on time. What the town really needs is a new, modern police station. Not just a desk, hallway and two rooms in the ass of town hall. The HFD has a large enough building for parking, beds, gourmet kitchen, weight room, etc......cut and run baby, you are in a third world country smack in the middle of Hudson County.

Guest Guest
Its about time the cops had somewhere to park their cars without having to move them 2 hours into the shift or circle the area 10 times and get written up for not being on time. What the town really needs is a new, modern police station. Not just a desk, hallway and two rooms in the ass of town hall. The HFD has a large enough building for parking, beds, gourmet kitchen, weight room, etc......cut and run baby, you are in a third world country smack in the middle of Hudson County.

LET ME TELL YOU I HAVE YET TO SEE A COP MOVE HIS PRIVATE VECHICLE EVEN FOR STREET CLEANING OR ANY OTHER REASON ALSO THEY HAVE PRIVATE PARKING IN MULLIGANS LOT LOMBARDI LOT AND BEHIND THE APT. BUILDING IN THEIR LOT WHEN RESIDENCE CARS ARE NOT MOVED FOR ST. CLEANING THEY GET A FAT TICKET WHEN ARE THEY EVER WRITTEN UP FOR ANYTHING. FIRE DESERVES EVERY THING THEY HAVE AND MORE YOU ARE ONE JEALOUS POLICEMAN

Guest Guest

It doesn't bother you that some fireman hand their uniform shirts on the hook in their cars on Cleveland Ave., the many handicap spots that are being used used by the children when the disabled person has died, and one of the Mayors two secretarys parking on the sidewalk in on Cleveland Ave., the others drivers license number is "1". This doesn't bother you hypocrite. I have brought this to the Mayors attention and he said he would, "look into it." Do your job now shitbag and open your mouth to the right people.

Guest Guest
It doesn't bother you that some fireman hand their uniform shirts on the hook in their cars on Cleveland Ave., the many handicap spots that are being used used by the children when the disabled person has died, and one of the Mayors two secretarys parking on the sidewalk in on Cleveland Ave., the others drivers license number is "1". This doesn't bother you hypocrite. I have brought this to the Mayors attention and he said he would, "look into it." Do your job now shitbag and open your mouth to the right people.

THE INFAMOUS PARKING LOT IS A JOKE. I HAVE TO SAY FIREMEN MOVE THEIR CARS FOR STREET CLEANING I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SHIRTS BUT I HAVE SEEN COPS CARS WITH A SHIELD FOR AN INSPECTION STICKER PARKRD ON HARRISON AVE AND NO SUMMONS. AS FOR THE PARKING LOT THAT IS NOW FOR POLICE THE UNMARKED CARS ARE STILL PARKED ALL OVER ON THE STREET STILL TAKING AWAY FROM THE RESIDENTS THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO GET SOME PLACE TO PARK THEIR CARS.

ANOTHER SCREW UP FROM OUR LEADERS.

Guest Guest
The original resolution was for the Town to purcahse the property and make additional parking for the Police Department. Why you ask? The answer was to free up several parking spots on Cleveland Ave for the residents. So lets add it up, you put 5 cop cars in the lot and one in the driveway of the lot, that equals six open spots for residents like me. Instead they open the lot for 5 spots minus the driveway equals four. No wonder this Town is broke.

300,000 plus to purcahse the land, 15,000 for demolition and debris removal, and 25,000 to level and pave the lot. Almost 400,000 for what? For four 100,000 free parking spots.

THE LOT IS FOR UNMARKED CARS PLUS A LITTLE COMPACT HIDDEN BEHIND THE SUV BUT LOOK AT THE STREET AND THE UNMARKED CARS ARE PARKED ALL OVER IS IT TOO FAR TO WALK TO THE LOT OR IS IT A PROBLEM GETTING ARROUND THE PARKED CARS IN THE LOT? ANOTHER QUESTION IS HOW MANY UNMARKED CARS DOES THE DETECTIVE BUREAU HAVE? FOR A TOWN WITH NO CRIME THERE ARE ALOT OF DECTECTIVES IF THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF PATROL COPS GET THE BUREAU COPS ON THE STREETS AND NOT STANDING ARROUND OR MAKING A FOOD RUN THERE WOULD BE A GOOD BUDGET CUT WE NEED POLICE YES BUT WE NEED TO HAVE THEM DOING A JOB FOR THE PAYCHECK.

Guest get a life
THE LOT IS FOR UNMARKED CARS PLUS A LITTLE COMPACT HIDDEN BEHIND THE SUV BUT LOOK AT THE STREET AND THE UNMARKED CARS ARE PARKED ALL OVER IS IT TOO FAR TO WALK TO THE LOT OR IS IT A PROBLEM GETTING ARROUND THE PARKED CARS IN THE LOT? ANOTHER QUESTION IS HOW MANY UNMARKED CARS DOES THE DETECTIVE BUREAU HAVE? FOR A TOWN WITH NO CRIME THERE ARE ALOT OF DECTECTIVES IF THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF PATROL COPS GET THE BUREAU COPS ON THE STREETS AND NOT STANDING ARROUND OR MAKING A FOOD RUN THERE WOULD BE A GOOD BUDGET CUT WE NEED POLICE YES BUT WE NEED TO HAVE THEM DOING A JOB FOR THE PAYCHECK.

You are an asshol*, another digruntled moron who knows nothing about police work!!!

How many Detectives do you think there are? Have any idea of the case load being carried, arrest being made, yeah I know you don't. I would tell you to read about them in the paper but the Town fathers are too chicken-shit to let the citizens of Harrison know what really happens here........

Why don't you stop one of the 2 Detectives and ask them whats going on, I know one of them will tell you in heartbeat whats going on, hell you will probably move after he's done...

Opps I think I gave away the answer to my 1st question........

Don't be a hater, K-Mart and Walmart are constanly looking for greeters like you, good luck...

Guest *Anonymous*

I agree that not only should the unmarked cars be taken but also the marked police cars. This way the cops can walk around town and relax in a business or their house for a good part of the day. If a supervisor asks where they are, just make up a location because by the time the supervisor walks to check on them they can be there already.

You are an asshol*, another digruntled moron who knows nothing about police work!!!

How many Detectives do you think there are? Have any idea of the case load being carried, arrest being made, yeah I know you don't. I would tell you to read about them in the paper but the Town fathers are too chicken-shit to let the citizens of Harrison know what really happens here........

Why don't you stop one of the 2 Detectives and ask them whats going on, I know one of them will tell you in heartbeat whats going on, hell you will probably move after he's done...

Don't be a hater, K-Mart and Walmart are constanly looking for greeters like you, good luck...

well said, way to shut him/her down,

Guest Guest
well said, way to shut him/her down,

YOU REALLY ARE THE DISGRUNTLED ONE THE STORY IS WE HAVEN'T ANY CRIME WELL IF THAT BE TRUE WHY ALL THE DETECTIVES HANGING ARROUND? TRY LOOKING AT THE UNMARKED CARS AND YOU WILL SEE THE LUNCHTIME GANG THEN YOU CAN FIND THEM DOING NOTHING UNTIL 4;00 AND THEY GET ON THE ROAD TO THEIR OUT OF TOWN HOMESTEADS NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT THE TOWN THEY 'WORK' IN. NOW WHAT CRIMES HAVE THEY SOLVED BESIDES THE CRIME WE DON'T HAVE?

Guest Guest

This person makes an excellent point - WHY IS THE HARRISON POLICE/CRIME REPORT NO LONGER PUBLISHED IN THE OBSERVER? I know that for myself, it was the first thing I read upon picking up the Observer. I would really like to see this WEEKLY feature in the paper again. Anyone else?

Guest Guest

If we only have 2 detectives why do we have at least 10 or 12 unmarked cars??????? We do not need a parking lot for 2 detectives we need them in various locations around town for the residents and merchants we still have left here in town, before they too move out!

If we only have 2 detectives why do we have at least 10 or 12 unmarked cars??????? We do not need a parking lot for 2 detectives we need them in various locations around town for the residents and merchants we still have left here in town, before they too move out!

I hear the guy on loan to the DEA is back and is now on Patrol. It seems ** **** *** **** **** **** and the *** **** **** ***** want a guy like that. Now, you will hear him complaining and saying negative things about the Chief. :wub:

Guest Be Safe!!

You must have loved 2nd grade math, all 4 years of it!!! can't count huh....

try again you, but minus 7 or 8..

They are so old and run down, like the rest of the Police fleet, that Ray Charles saw the unmarked car coming down Franklin Avenue & began to yell to the gang member the Five-O, Five-O...

Guest guest

They are so old and run down, like the rest of the Police fleet, that Ray Charles saw the unmarked car coming down Franklin Avenue & began to yell to the gang member the Five-O, Five-O...

The P.D. does need new cars, and more parking for them. The lot on Cleveland Ave. is not the answer. With all the redeveloping " soon to happen " let them provide it. The police building was meant to be used during the 1940's. It should be relocated in the redevlpoment area, a new modern one with enough parking. Who should pay ? The people who are going to make all the money from the redevelopment. The redevelopers. I'm not a H.P.D. member or family, just a person who can understand a area of need, which would help the people of Harrison.

Guest guest

The guy back from the DEA had the guts to try something new just like the Sgt. that was working with the prosecutors offfice. They are not afraid of change and had the guts to better themselves. I imagine any cop would apply just to get out of this negative and racist against town. Namely the cops for a few years. Why put them down when 90% of the town workers are afraid to even pee into a cup. I am sure these two guys would have no problem doing that. Congrats to both Officers on their accomplishments. These two Cops back down from nobody, I know that. I am not a relative of either of them, but know just enough to make my point. My point being that if you didn't have guys like this the gangs from Jersey City and Newark would be taking a piece of all the high paid assholes in the Harrison government like scared children.

Guest Guest

Go on Cleveland Ave. Check the parking lot check the Police yard and the street arround HQ You need to count the unmarked cars and probably come up with more than I counted. The new marked SUV's and the commander vechiles are new so you shouls do your research before making any comment.

My math is beyond your counting to 21