An exceptional honor and privilege

Guest Paul

People have written about making this board more about the community. Let's do it.

Graduation is three days away. Let's use this forum to honor and talk about our graduates.

Matthew is the second of our two. Katie is in a summer internship program at Drew University, where she is majoring in the cognitive neurosciences and planning a career in research in that field. This fall our nest goes empty.

My graduate's story is not as well-known as people think. The community saw little bits and pieces. I saw a boy turn into a man in a most exceptional way. He took the heat, kept his cool and did what he believed was right.

I see little ads taken out in the local paper or on fliers. They're seen and discarded. But we can tell our kids' stories right here, and they'll be part of this community's record for a very long time. Every parent has an exceptional story to tell. Let's tell them.

And if you don't want to tell your stories on a topic I opened, then open your own topic and tell your stories there. Let's just start thinking about what our community can be.