46 Million $ Question

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Well, well, well. I am so not surprised to hear about the super secret double probation meeting that took place on the 13th at 5:00 in the afternoon. However, I was wondering if anyone knows what happened with the 46 Million Dollar bond issue that was up for a vote. I am going to presume that it was passed without a hitch. I am sure Steve and Maria voted nay on it, did anyone else? Other than those two, does anyone else up there really give a crap? If my taxes go up again, I gotta get outta here. Although after the ad in the observer, I am wondering why we had that last tax increase? Things that make you go hmmmmmm........

p.s. For shame on you, Mr. Bennett. I thought you were a better person than this. I believed in you and that you weren't going to be just another puppet. Boy, did you fool a lot of people. I know you worry about the kids and all, but what about their parents? You're not going to have any kids to worry about soon, because the parents are going to have to move their families out of town in short order. Stop being a waffler and stand up to these jerks!

Guest happy1
Well, well, well. I am so not surprised to hear about the super secret double probation meeting that took place on the 13th at 5:00 in the afternoon. However, I was wondering if anyone knows what happened with the 46 Million Dollar bond issue that was up for a vote. I am going to presume that it was passed without a hitch. I am sure Steve and Maria voted nay on it, did anyone else? Other than those two, does anyone else up there really give a crap? If my taxes go up again, I gotta get outta here. Although after the ad in the observer, I am wondering why we had that last tax increase? Things that make you go hmmmmmm........

p.s. For shame on you, Mr. Bennett. I thought you were a better person than this. I believed in you and that you weren't going to be just another puppet. Boy, did you fool a lot of people. I know you worry about the kids and all, but what about their parents? You're not going to have any kids to worry about soon, because the parents are going to have to move their families out of town in short order. Stop being a waffler and stand up to these jerks!

DID YOU ALL HONESTLY THINK LARRY WAS GOING DO ANYTHING, OR MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HE SNOWED ALOT OF PEOPLE, AND NOW ALL HE IS, IS ANOTHER YES MAN. SHAME ON HIM IS RIGHT. ALOT OF PEOPLE THOUGHT HE COULD HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN TOWN , WHEN ALL HE WANTED WAS TO BE RECOGNIZED AND BE RIGHT UP THERE WITH ALL THE CROOKS. HE BETTER WATCH OUT TO, HE WILL ALSO TAKE THE FALL FOR ALL OF MCDUMBS MISTAKES.... GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
DID YOU ALL HONESTLY THINK LARRY WAS GOING DO ANYTHING, OR MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HE SNOWED ALOT OF PEOPLE, AND NOW ALL HE IS, IS ANOTHER YES MAN. SHAME ON HIM IS RIGHT. ALOT OF PEOPLE THOUGHT HE COULD HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN TOWN , WHEN ALL HE WANTED WAS TO BE RECOGNIZED AND BE RIGHT UP THERE WITH ALL THE CROOKS. HE BETTER WATCH OUT TO, HE WILL ALSO TAKE THE FALL FOR ALL OF MCDUMBS MISTAKES.... GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't blame Larry. He is a good guy who does a lot of good for the community. As far as being a councilman he has to do what they say or they will take his job. When the town recruits their council members they all have political jobs and have no choice other than to say YES. That's why they are hand picked. It's always been that way. And remember the ZOMBIES vote that way.

Guest P.T.P'er

Come one people, you're blaming the wrong guy in the 3rd Ward. Frank Nascimento will do nothing, has done nothing, and has no resume of civic duty that Larry has. Larry may be a yes man, but that is for the things thath he knows he'll be fighting a losing battle against. When it comes to the kids, I truly believe Larry would resign before he is forced to vote in a negative way. When it comes to the youth of this town, Larry will only vote his heart. At least I hope.

Now Nascimento, please. What a weak appointment by McD. A know nothing-do nothing-speak-a-no-engles joke of a council man. I mean, this has YES MAN written all over him, and he will be an easy target for the opposition to pick off when it is time for his re-election.

Top three Easiest Targets for a McCormick led Ticket:

Frank Nascimento

Jesus Huranga - who might have voted with them, but only to ensure they done flick him off the council.

Carol Mandaglio - Ho she got re-elected I have no idea. Oh wait, I know, because Mario Camano ran against her!

These three better hope redevelopment goes extra smooth, or they will be on the outside looking in.

Guest Guest
Don't blame Larry. He is a good guy who does a lot of good for the community. As far as being a councilman he has to do what they say or they will take his job. When the town recruits their council members they all have political jobs and have no choice other than to say YES. That's why they are hand picked. It's always been that way. And remember the ZOMBIES vote that way.

Let's get something straight, Larry does not owe anything to this Mayor, or Council. He has been working for PVSC for over 29 years. This Mayor and any of the Council DID NOT get Larry his job. He owes NO ONE. Larry can say Yes or No if he wants. Also, the people that go to the meetings should learn to keep their hands to them self, such as Mother McCormick. Who is she to put her hands on any one of the Council Members. She should be embrassed that she touches anyone of them. She did it to Jim Doran and Larry Bennett. She should keep her filthy hands to herself and her big mouth to herself. As for little Stevie boy learn the ropes. Stop causing problems. You think you and your P******chop wife are great and can do what ever. Think again. You owe the town money in fines.

Guest guest
Let's get something straight, Larry does not owe anything to this Mayor, or Council. He has been working for PVSC for over 29 years. This Mayor and any of the Council DID NOT get Larry his job. He owes NO ONE. Larry can say Yes or No if he wants. Also, the people that go to the meetings should learn to keep their hands to them self, such as Mother McCormick. Who is she to put her hands on any one of the Council Members. She should be embrassed that she touches anyone of them. She did it to Jim Doran and Larry Bennett. She should keep her filthy hands to herself and her big mouth to herself. As for little Stevie boy learn the ropes. Stop causing problems. You think you and your P******chop wife are great and can do what ever. Think again. You owe the town money in fines.

Sounds like you hit a nerve with one of the ZOMBIES! Go get em Steve and Maria and stop this ridiculous spending on do nothing positions.

Guest Guest
Come one people, you're blaming the wrong guy in the 3rd Ward. Frank Nascimento will do nothing, has done nothing, and has no resume of civic duty that Larry has. Larry may be a yes man, but that is for the things thath he knows he'll be fighting a losing battle against. When it comes to the kids, I truly believe Larry would resign before he is forced to vote in a negative way. When it comes to the youth of this town, Larry will only vote his heart. At least I hope.

Now Nascimento, please. What a weak appointment by McD. A know nothing-do nothing-speak-a-no-engles joke of a council man. I mean, this has YES MAN written all over him, and he will be an easy target for the opposition to pick off when it is time for his re-election.

Well, I sure as hell didn't vote for this guy. Nice new caddy he's driving around in right? Have you actually seen him at a meeting? When he can make one? He's only been in office 5 months and he's missed like three meetings. He'll get a promotion tho. I don't care if Larry thinks it's a losing battle, but you gotta stand up for what you believe in. Remember: if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Larry has become the epitome of puppet. He backed this guy. At least Michael Rodgers stood up for himself and didnt allow himself to be misquoted or allow people to speak for him. This is a joke.

Guest Guest

That's all well and good, but do ya know what happened at the meeting on 5/13/08? That's the original question. I was looking for it on Joe Woods' website but I don't see it.

Guest Guest
That's all well and good, but do ya know what happened at the meeting on 5/13/08? That's the original question. I was looking for it on Joe Woods' website but I don't see it.

One of Joe's assistants was taping the meeting. Joe should be putting it up on his site as some point.

• 1 month later...
Guest GUEST
Well, I sure as hell didn't vote for this guy. Nice new caddy he's driving around in right? Have you actually seen him at a meeting? When he can make one? He's only been in office 5 months and he's missed like three meetings. He'll get a promotion tho. I don't care if Larry thinks it's a losing battle, but you gotta stand up for what you believe in. Remember: if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Larry has become the epitome of puppet. He backed this guy. At least Michael Rodgers stood up for himself and didnt allow himself to be misquoted or allow people to speak for him. This is a joke.

Mike Rodgers for mayor!!!! College degree , plus experience.

Guest Guest

Bennet used to be a good guy years ago. He has now sold his soul to the demon council and cronies in exchange for something. Nothing in Harrison is free. I still feel sad when I think of his son because he was a really good kid and I could not imagine losing a child, it must be earth shattering. Remember Larry, it not what you have, its who you are. You have changed for the worse but I think you can still save yourself. Even a dog gets a warm piece of the sidewalk now and then. Recapture your dignity and work for the peole, not the Mayor.

Guest Guest

So, Larry got them the Job?

Did FER get Larry the Job??

When will he say NO??

You know the ropes??

Know the drill.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest
Mike Rodgers for mayor!!!! College degree , plus experience.

Compared to what is on the council at the present time & those with their tongue hanging out to be the next mayor when McDonugh quits; I'd say that Mike Rodgers is the best mayorial candidate so far.

hink about it Mike!!!

Compared to what is on the council at the present time & those with their tongue hanging out to be the next mayor when McDonugh quits; I'd say that Mike Rodgers is the best mayorial candidate so far.

hink about it Mike!!!

HE CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP THAT VERY LUCRITIVE POSITION HE HAS, AND IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY, AND HE IS AS BAD AS THE REST OF THEM..............

Guest knows the truth
So, Larry got them the Job?

Did FER get Larry the Job??

When will he say NO??

You know the ropes??

Know the drill.....

SOMEBODY GOT LARRY HIS JOB, HE DIDN'T GET IT ALL ALONE THAT JUST DOESN'T HAPPEN AT PVSC. HE GOT WHERE HE IS TODAY BY A** KISSING, SO HE'S NO BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE. HE USED TO BE RESPECTED, NOW THE ONLY REASON HE DOES SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE IS TO GET THE REGONITION, BECAUSE HE ALWAYS THROUGHS IT UP TO YOUR FACE THAT HE DID THIS, AND HE DID THAT.... RIGHT LARRY??????????

Guest Guest
HE CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE TO GIVE UP THAT VERY LUCRITIVE POSITION HE HAS, AND IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY, AND HE IS AS BAD AS THE REST OF THEM..............

He is not all about money and you obviously don;t know him that well, he will give you the shirt off his back. We need him at the Gardens he is doing a great job!!! I think it is a shame that Councilman Bennett made an ass out of himself in the paper about the flag situation he should have read the lease first...the rest speaks for itself.

Guest guest
He is not all about money and you obviously don;t know him that well, he will give you the shirt off his back. We need him at the Gardens he is doing a great job!!! I think it is a shame that Councilman Bennett made an ass out of himself in the paper about the flag situation he should have read the lease first...the rest speaks for itself.

I agree. The flag is all about America. There should not be any other flags flying here but AMERICA.

Guest Guest

you are right. we need him to finish up the job at the gardens, the place is so much better since he came along. i understand why people want him as mayor, so that he can do the same to the rest of the town. But he needs to finish up at the gardens first.