Kearny The New RED LIGHT DISTRICT

Guest Concerned Parent

Guest Concerned Parent

Rumor has it that the restaurant on Central ave and 2nd st. may be turned into a gentlemen's club and diner. Is this a good way to get more tax money. We already house sex offenders and have 2 "gentlemen's clubs" why do we need another? What kind of trouble will this breed for Kearny? There is only 1 police car that patrols south kearny, not to mention that drugs, assults and robbery will also go up. What kind of example is going to be set for our kids? There is going to be another hearing on this issue on June 4th at 7:30 in the town hall. Please anybody who cares about this town and our kids, please come out and show your support. Are we going to be the next 42nd st.? I enjoy living in Kearny and would really hate to leave but if these strip clubs keep being built where else are the good people going to live? I for one will be at this meeting and please again show your support to keep the club out of here.

Guest wild bill
Rumor has it that the restaurant on Central ave and 2nd st. may be turned into a gentlemen's club and diner. Is this a good way to get more tax money. We already house sex offenders and have 2 "gentlemen's clubs" why do we need another? What kind of trouble will this breed for Kearny? There is only 1 police car that patrols south kearny, not to mention that drugs, assults and robbery will also go up. What kind of example is going to be set for our kids? There is going to be another hearing on this issue on June 4th at 7:30 in the town hall. Please anybody who cares about this town and our kids, please come out and show your support. Are we going to be the next 42nd st.? I enjoy living in Kearny and would really hate to leave but if these strip clubs keep being built where else are the good people going to live? I for one will be at this meeting and please again show your support to keep the club out of here.

Ye Gods! perhaps to ease your mind, You should give me four hundred dollars and a location. I shall be able to tell you if this is just a strip club or a cat house even before I spend the whole four bills.

Guest Guest

Men have the constitutional right to get drunk and look at naked women.

Guest Guest

Can you let us know where the other two clubs are?

Guest Guest

WHAT Other Two "Gentleman's Clubs"??? there are NONE in Kearny. At One time, there were 2 In South Kearny, but Both of those closed Years and years ago. About 20, and 10 years respectively in fact, and probably longer IIRC, While I think it's a BAD idea for this place to open, Let's look at the reality of the situation. South Kearny is several miles away from the residential part of town. To be Honest Newark and Jersey City are FAR more affected by anything that happens there, than anyone in Kearny itself. This same fear-mongering nonsense went on with the sex offenders "What if one Escapes??" WHat if one is released??" Riiight.. I'm an escaped felon, on the run I am going to A: Turn right, run 1/4 miles across the bridge and dissapear into Jersey City; B: Turn Left, run 3/4 Mile, across the bridge, and dissapear into Ironbound Newark; or C: Run SIX MILES along one of only 2 paved roads through a swamp with water on both sides to come hide in suburban Kearny. The Reality is the Customers from this place will come off the highways (1&9, and NJTP) go to this place, and get back on the highways when they leave..Pretty much ZERO impact for "Uptown Kearny". The Police are about the only folks who will be affected by this.

Most of the people who are so "Concerned" about this couldnt FIND South Kearny on a map, nevermind actually Drive there. As for why there is only one car, There's only ever BEEN one car assigned there..even back in the days when they were much busier (Back when there were actual businesses there, instead of mostly parking lots for trucks as it has become). It's Far more troubling that there is only 1 Fire engine and 4 Firefighters in an area full of warehouses and commercial buildings, not to mention chemical plants. At full bore, it takes a unit, either PD or FD on the order of 8 minutes, depedning on traffic, and road conditions to get to South Kearny in an emergency..those guys (of both departments) are on their own, relying MUCH more on Jesey City than Kearny if they get into trouble. And let's not forget Medical Service as well. EMS is Non-existant for those 8 minutes or longer. It's a wonder more people haven't died from illness or accidents down there waiting for an ambulance to come. But then again we're talking about Kearny here, who has treated South Kearny like the red-headed Stepchild ever since Western Electric closed down. They had the opportunity to encourage development there, instead they chose to ignore it. Now you have roadways that are almost impassable to passenger vehicles, and any companies that Do come down to consider moving there take one look and run the other way.

Guest Guest
WHAT Other Two "Gentleman's Clubs"??? there are NONE in Kearny. At One time, there were 2 In South Kearny, but Both of those closed Years and years ago. About 20, and 10 years respectively in fact, and probably longer IIRC, While I think it's a BAD idea for this place to open, Let's look at the reality of the situation. South Kearny is several miles away from the residential part of town. To be Honest Newark and Jersey City are FAR more affected by anything that happens there, than anyone in Kearny itself. This same fear-mongering nonsense went on with the sex offenders "What if one Escapes??" WHat if one is released??" Riiight.. I'm an escaped felon, on the run I am going to A: Turn right, run 1/4 miles across the bridge and dissapear into Jersey City; B: Turn Left, run 3/4 Mile, across the bridge, and dissapear into Ironbound Newark; or C: Run SIX MILES along one of only 2 paved roads through a swamp with water on both sides to come hide in suburban Kearny. The Reality is the Customers from this place will come off the highways (1&9, and NJTP) go to this place, and get back on the highways when they leave..Pretty much ZERO impact for "Uptown Kearny". The Police are about the only folks who will be affected by this.

Most of the people who are so "Concerned" about this couldnt FIND South Kearny on a map, nevermind actually Drive there. As for why there is only one car, There's only ever BEEN one car assigned there..even back in the days when they were much busier (Back when there were actual businesses there, instead of mostly parking lots for trucks as it has become). It's Far more troubling that there is only 1 Fire engine and 4 Firefighters in an area full of warehouses and commercial buildings, not to mention chemical plants. At full bore, it takes a unit, either PD or FD on the order of 8 minutes, depedning on traffic, and road conditions to get to South Kearny in an emergency..those guys (of both departments) are on their own, relying MUCH more on Jesey City than Kearny if they get into trouble. And let's not forget Medical Service as well. EMS is Non-existant for those 8 minutes or longer. It's a wonder more people haven't died from illness or accidents down there waiting for an ambulance to come. But then again we're talking about Kearny here, who has treated South Kearny like the red-headed Stepchild ever since Western Electric closed down. They had the opportunity to encourage development there, instead they chose to ignore it. Now you have roadways that are almost impassable to passenger vehicles, and any companies that Do come down to consider moving there take one look and run the other way.

Good read.

Guest Karl
Can you let us know where the other two clubs are?

Being a resident of Kearny, it doesn't make me feel better that a "Gentlemen's Club" in in MY town. If its in South Kearny or on Kearny Avenue its still "Kearny" and has the stigma associated with it. **They both share the same zip code. I'd like to see what would happen if a club like this tried to get into Short Hills or Basking Ridge? I bet the new owner of this club doesn't live in Kearny. 60 Minutes talked about Kearny as having a chemical company that can destroy a whole section of the NY Metropolitan area and is on the terrorist hit list. Lets not forget for years the talk was the Kearny landfill dump and the smell that went with it. So you see our little town has had it share of negative publicity. Do we need to be known as the town where you'll find a "Gentlemen's Club" too? The sex offender prison was never a risk for flight of inmates to the populated town of Kearny, that is true, but once again you can equate "Sex Offender Prison" to the town of Kearny. Get the point? Move the prison to Alpine and the landfull to Paramus and the gentlemens clubs to Short Hills. You know that won't happen so for what its worth, lets stop this club from opening in our town.

Guest Guest
MEN ARE PIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Males are a product of their evolution. Nature gave them the 'job' of trying to *** **** with *** the females, and it gave females the 'job' of choosing the best male(s) to procreate with.

Now, the above might not be very applicable in today's society, but evolutionary instincts progress WAY slower than society and civilization, so it's still there.

Why fault someone for urges they can't help having?

Guest Radagast

I agree with almost evreything you've posted, however, I would not minimize the damage that the establishment of a 'gentlemen's' club will do to South Kearny. I am by no means a prude when it comes to this stuff which is exactly why I am concerned. Most clubs of this type are located on major well traveled roads and still they are a magnet for drug dealing/use and prostitution. At night, South Kearny might as well be in the middle of Montana for all the activity that goes on there in the wee hours, but it's not in Montana. It is, as you say, right in between two of the crime capitals of New Jersey. The owners could never be trusted to police themselves, therefore, the Kearny Police will be forced to extend their already over extended force in order to keep the situation from getting out of control. That will be paid for by you and I.

Also, there have been programs put in place by the Town over the years to improve South Kearny. As liberal as old Radagast is, I loath to admit that the only thing that will ever make South Kearny into an economically productive place are businesses that want to settle there and thrive. A 'gentlemens's' club and it's associated in the area is not going to make South Kearny an attractive place for businesses to relocate to.

I'm sure which ever Board (Zoning or Planning) that considers it will reject the proposal, however, unless a good case can be made when the owners go to court, well ... I would not bank on a result favorable to the Town. They must dot their 'i's' and cross their 't's' on this one.

Guest Guest
Men have the constitutional right to get drunk and look at naked women.

Which certainly would be less offensive than imposing Mr. P on innocent high school students.

Guest John
Males are a product of their evolution. Nature gave them the 'job' of trying to *** **** with *** the females, and it gave females the 'job' of choosing the best male(s) to procreate with.

Now, the above might not be very applicable in today's society, but evolutionary instincts progress WAY slower than society and civilization, so it's still there.

Why fault someone for urges they can't help having?

Guest Guest
I agree with almost evreything you've posted, however, I would not minimize the damage that the establishment of a 'gentlemen's' club will do to South Kearny. I am by no means a prude when it comes to this stuff which is exactly why I am concerned. Most clubs of this type are located on major well traveled roads and still they are a magnet for drug dealing/use and prostitution. At night, South Kearny might as well be in the middle of Montana for all the activity that goes on there in the wee hours, but it's not in Montana. It is, as you say, right in between two of the crime capitals of New Jersey. The owners could never be trusted to police themselves, therefore, the Kearny Police will be forced to extend their already over extended force in order to keep the situation from getting out of control. That will be paid for by you and I.

Also, there have been programs put in place by the Town over the years to improve South Kearny. As liberal as old Radagast is, I loath to admit that the only thing that will ever make South Kearny into an economically productive place are businesses that want to settle there and thrive. A 'gentlemens's' club and it's associated in the area is not going to make South Kearny an attractive place for businesses to relocate to.

I'm sure which ever Board (Zoning or Planning) that considers it will reject the proposal, however, unless a good case can be made when the owners go to court, well ... I would not bank on a result favorable to the Town. They must dot their 'i's' and cross their 't's' on this one.

Wait, are you from Kearny?

• 2 weeks later...

I mean really what does it matter if the build a " Gentlemans " club in SOUTH Kearny. You live in North Kearny. Are you going to drive past it every day or are you afraid your kids going to get a job pole dancing in there. You want redlight district drive by Kearny High School sometime. The clothes the girls wear make them look like hookers on 42nd st. As for the supposed two already where are they. I have seen NO clubs in the Main town of Kearny. If your refering to the 18 wheeler that place has been there for close to 30 years. Get over yourself

Guest Guest
I mean really what does it matter if the build a " Gentlemans " club in SOUTH Kearny. You live in North Kearny. Are you going to drive past it every day or are you afraid your kids going to get a job pole dancing in there. You want redlight district drive by Kearny High School sometime. The clothes the girls wear make them look like hookers on 42nd st. As for the supposed two already where are they. I have seen NO clubs in the Main town of Kearny. If your refering to the 18 wheeler that place has been there for close to 30 years. Get over yourself

So sleazy clubs in town don't bother you but people taking up parking on your block does?

Genius.

Guest Guest

Actually 42nd St. is like Disneyland now. Still living in the 70's are we?

So sleazy clubs in town don't bother you but people taking up parking on your block does?

Genius.

I don't see a " Sleazy" club as you put it in Town. I see a strip club opening up in the Industrial section of Kearny. I see a bar opening up 3 miles from the nearest residence,3.5 miles from the nearest school.So again I ask what does it matter. If it's prostitution your worried about try googeling prostitution Kearny NJ you'll get over 100 hits for prostitutes working in the greater Kearny area. If it's drugs anyone could be selling drugs I could name a few kearny high school students that I know are teen dealers.

Guest Guest
I don't see a " Sleazy" club as you put it in Town. I see a strip club opening up in the Industrial section of Kearny. I see a bar opening up 3 miles from the nearest residence,3.5 miles from the nearest school.So again I ask what does it matter. If it's prostitution your worried about try googeling prostitution Kearny NJ you'll get over 100 hits for prostitutes working in the greater Kearny area. If it's drugs anyone could be selling drugs I could name a few kearny high school students that I know are teen dealers.

What difference does the location make? I guess you don't equate strip club with sleazy.

Woud we be able to generate revenue and ratables from these "gentlemen's clubs" If so, I.....um I mean the town of Harrison would be interested in purchasing a club.

Please get back to me about this.

All the best

Mayor Ray

Guest Enough is Enough

There was a Go-Go bar down in South Kearny for YEARS..and no one gave a damn. That one closed, and another one opened behind the truck stop..again it was open for a number of years..and no one gave a damn. The Cops were there all the time dealing with the scum..and Nobody up here even KNEW the place existed. NOW all of a sudden you're worried about South Kearny??? The time for that came and went. All of you ignored that area. No Ambulance, 4 Firemen, 2 cops, and as the roads deteriorated the companies got fed up and moved out. As the companies moved the Taxes went away..and STILL none of you gave a damn.. NOW you're up in arms over this??? Kick out Kuehne Chemical..an actual SUCESSFUL business that pays taxes, and helps out the Police and Fire Depts. Thank god I retire next year and can leave this Town behind.