The Gardens is it really true

Guest *provis*

Guest somebody
OH YES THEY CAN AND THEY DID

:lol: You should mind your own damn business when it comes to the Kingsland Courts and what cars people drive. It amazes me that shit like you can sit there and talk on the computer all day and NOT WORK and degrade everyone around you. Low Lifes like you deserve what you get "SHIT".

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest

:excl: You should mind your own damn business when it comes to the Kingsland Courts and what cars people drive. It amazes me that shit like you can sit there and talk on the computer all day and NOT WORK and degrade everyone around you. Low Lifes like you deserve what you get "SHIT".

No you see I was on my way back to work when I passed the lot. I do work I am a proud American!!! Understand something I go out and work hard on a daily basis to feed mine I don't and have never relied on the welfare system to raise my family....sounds like you sit on the computer and look out the window all day, I work long days ug-mug I don't want to know who lives around me.

Guest Guest

:excl: You should mind your own damn business when it comes to the Kingsland Courts and what cars people drive. It amazes me that shit like you can sit there and talk on the computer all day and NOT WORK and degrade everyone around you. Low Lifes like you deserve what you get "SHIT".

If you live in subsidized housing it is the business of those paying to subsidize you to make sure you are eligible.

Guest guest
Does anyone realize that maybe when these individuals with higher incomes got in - they didn't have much income, but worked or got married that is why there income is so high - also maybe that teacher lived there when he was young and his parents died and he continued to live there - what's the problem - if you didn't have people that worked the Harrison Gardens probably wouldn't look the way it does - it might look like the housing that is in Newark! So you do have to have some people that work.

bACK IN 1995, DURING A montly HUD meeting at the HG, the former manager read a document from the executive HUD office in Washington under the Clinton administration; which stated that they wanted from then on, to have a 'combination' of lower and middle-class tenants in the HUD apts.

In order to keep the middle class from moving out when their income caused 30% of their income to make them pay $900 or $1,100 or more in monthly rent; a 'set' LIMIT was placed on each type of apt.

For ex: at that time, the limit was $350 for 3 rms; $450 for 4 rms; and &550 for 5 rms; with increases every yr or so.

Guest Fed Up With You
That's right!

When we pay our rent the tax and water is included ,so we do pay. Thank You.

You pay nothing in comparison. The gardens should be for people who are at a true economic disadvantage. If you can afford even those simple luxuries or upgrades you can afford to make your way sans government assistance. Many of us do and we get by, but with very few "luxuries". Life's a biatch ain't it? Stop sucking off my tax dollar.

Guest Guest

That's right!

When we pay our rent the tax and water is included ,so we do pay. Thank You.

The total rent paid by the Harrison Gardens and the Kingsland Courts does not pay the salary and bennies for one teacher in the Harrison School System. No thanks required.

Guest old lady
HUD?

That's federal funds isn't it?

Does anyone know the number for News 12?

Its not low income and if it's based on your salary and the rent is getting paid, what's the problem? the REAL crime is all the single women and married couples with no children living in 3 bedroom apartments when there are families with kids literally squished into 2 bedroom apartments. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED! Another thing that should be looked into down there is how someone is chosen to get an apartment.....Absolutely have to be friends with Mr. Rodgers or someone doing a favor.

Guest guest
Its not low income and if it's based on your salary and the rent is getting paid, what's the problem? the REAL crime is all the single women and married couples with no children living in 3 bedroom apartments when there are families with kids literally squished into 2 bedroom apartments. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED! Another thing that should be looked into down there is how someone is chosen to get an apartment.....Absolutely have to be friends with Mr. Rodgers or someone doing a favor.

I agree that if you are single or have 1 child you should have to move in to a smaller apt. There are alot of couples with no children in 5 rooms. I agree .

Guest Guest

if you have 2 children, same sex you only entitled to 2 bedroom, if you have boy and girl or 3 or more kids then you are entitled to the three bedrooms. Hud does check the status of family living here and apparently has no problem with the way things are. you can always file a complaint with hud. They even have a hot line. Dont have that number off hand but since you have a computer you can look it up.Of course I dont know everyone in the gardens but Im not aware of anyone with 3 kids in 1 bedroom, one woman with 3 kids just recently moved from the 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom, which she was entitled to and deserved.

Guest old lady
if you have 2 children, same sex you only entitled to 2 bedroom, if you have boy and girl or 3 or more kids then you are entitled to the three bedrooms. Hud does check the status of family living here and apparently has no problem with the way things are. you can always file a complaint with hud. They even have a hot line. Dont have that number off hand but since you have a computer you can look it up.Of course I dont know everyone in the gardens but Im not aware of anyone with 3 kids in 1 bedroom, one woman with 3 kids just recently moved from the 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom, which she was entitled to and deserved.

I agree with most of what your saying, but I have a hard time believing HUD checks the status of family living. I can think of many five room apartments with single women, a few couples (and they have been in those apartments for 10 years and some even longer) there's also another 5 room apt. with a man and his son. I know some of these families and they are very nice, quiet people. If I were their situation, I'd also prefer 5 rooms instead of 4. This is NOT PERSONAL it's just a sad situation for needy people out there.

Guest guest

Not true. Just another jealous person running their mouth with the wrong information again. When you give him honest information maybe he will help you out.

Guest *Think*

Let's not forget about a certain lady who operated a "daycare" out of her home, while her boyfriend was a police officer. They banked their money and are now living the high life in south Jersey - thank you Harrison.

I believe they should review the tenants income on a year to year basis as well as their living arrangements. Let's say at one point you were a family in need of a 3 bedroom, now you only need 1, move out and let a needy family have the space. Make the tenants sign stating that they will submit their paperwork on a yearly basis and know they can be moved to a bigger/smaller apartment. It's only fair.

The list can go on and on about who is living where they shouldn't - imagine that making over $130,000 per year and only paying $650 per month, must be nice

Guest guest
Does anyone realize that maybe when these individuals with higher incomes got in - they didn't have much income, but worked or got married that is why there income is so high - also maybe that teacher lived there when he was young and his parents died and he continued to live there - what's the problem - if you didn't have people that worked the Harrison Gardens probably wouldn't look the way it does - it might look like the housing that is in Newark! So you do have to have some people that work.

You're on the right track. And if I might add, it is a positive influence for the children, if not the adults, to see people getting up and going to work every day and being productive. They are called role models. A teacher and a policeman who take time to play ball with the kids down there. Don't knock them. So if out of all the apartments down there, if there is a teacher, if there is a policeman, if there are some two income families, they serve a positive purpose. The critics and whiners should be as productive. Put your own house in order.

Guest guest
Let's not forget about a certain lady who operated a "daycare" out of her home, while her boyfriend was a police officer. They banked their money and are now living the high life in south Jersey - thank you Harrison.

I believe they should review the tenants income on a year to year basis as well as their living arrangements. Let's say at one point you were a family in need of a 3 bedroom, now you only need 1, move out and let a needy family have the space. Make the tenants sign stating that they will submit their paperwork on a yearly basis and know they can be moved to a bigger/smaller apartment. It's only fair.

The list can go on and on about who is living where they shouldn't - imagine that making over $130,000 per year and only paying $650 per month, must be nice

I don't think its right that couples that are living together only report themselves and not their boyfriends.

Guest Guest
You're on the right track. And if I might add, it is a positive influence for the children, if not the adults, to see people getting up and going to work every day and being productive. They are called role models. A teacher and a policeman who take time to play ball with the kids down there. Don't knock them. So if out of all the apartments down there, if there is a teacher, if there is a policeman, if there are some two income families, they serve a positive purpose. The critics and whiners should be as productive. Put your own house in order.

God Bless You!!!! That is Great!!!!! I will take a teacher and police anyday over some of the crap that is here.

Guest guest
God Bless You!!!! That is Great!!!!! I will take a teacher and police anyday over some of the crap that is here.

If you live here you would see that the crap is all gone. The last one that was the biggest trouble maker in Bldg 9 is being evicted in her new apt already.

Guest Guest
If you live here you would see that the crap is all gone. The last one that was the biggest trouble maker in Bldg 9 is being evicted in her new apt already.

No it is not all gone there are still a few more that need to go.

Guest Guest

That's great, you have a teacher, policeman and two income families living near you. Can you please explain why I have to subsidize the rent for these people so you can have nice neighbors? It's a mentality like that keep people like you living is subsidized housing. The people leaving the gardens are not going because they have great role models showing them the way, they are leaving because they have been evicted.

Guest guest
No it is not all gone there are still a few more that need to go.

But lets tell the truth. Wasn't that family including her kids the worst you ever saw. I definately think so. Its so nice to sit outside and not have to hear the filt coming out of her mouth.

Guest *Think*
But lets tell the truth. Wasn't that family including her kids the worst you ever saw. I definately think so. Its so nice to sit outside and not have to hear the filt coming out of her mouth.

Your statements are true, but like I said they should update their paperwork on a yearly basis. Who wouldn't love to live for $650 per month (includin PSEG).

Let's not forget that the housing units are there to help families in need, yes it's great that you have some professionals living in the building but the space is for families who cannot afford the high rents elsewhere.

Guest guest
Your statements are true, but like I said they should update their paperwork on a yearly basis. Who wouldn't love to live for $650 per month (includin PSEG).

Let's not forget that the housing units are there to help families in need, yes it's great that you have some professionals living in the building but the space is for families who cannot afford the high rents elsewhere.

Maybe when they moved in years ago they didn't have a descent salary. As the years went on they made more. They can't evict someone who has been here just because they make good pay.

Guest guest
Maybe when they moved in years ago they didn't have a descent salary. As the years went on they made more. They can't evict someone who has been here just because they make good pay.

How about the 2 town employees that live there that have a tenant living in the apartment? How do they get away with that?

Guest Ma ya got something cookin

Hey there Quick Draw, what then be the reason for the "Gardens"?