KHS Uniform Committee Meeting

Guest Parent

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patriot
The majority does not always rule. The majority doesn't decide what religion I believe in, and no majority can rightfully force me to pledge my allegiance to a god I don't believe in. If you force me to do it, then this is no longer a free country.

By putting the words "under God" in our national pledge, you're beginning to drive a wedge that will divide the American people. I might understand if there was some reason why you had to do it, but there isn't. You want to do it. That's the only reason, and that's not good enough. The majority is supposed to understand that.

Force your religion on me or have a free country where everybody's religion is equally respected. You can't have both. Take your pick.

"Under God" stays, you don't get to pick.

Guest Guest

People get to protest it by sitting out, you don't get to pick.

And that's how it's going to stay; deal with it.

Guest TheoryCat

In other words, you choose "Force your religion on me." Oh, dear. Woe is me. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that. Just keep in mind that over-politicizing of religion is one of the leading reasons given for leaving the church.

Guest Guest

We can't talk to people who won't listen.

We can't reason with people who refuse to think.

We can't maintain liberty and justice for all unless the American people truly care about those ideals.

Guest Guest

I completely agree with you. Just because Paul doesn't want it in, the entire country shouldn't bend over backwards or forwards over a desk for that matter. Leave that to Matthew and Paul. Leave "Under God" in.

While I have no children going to KHS, I am a taxpayer and do support the use of school uniforms. Or at the very least a school dress code. No more micro miniskrts, micro shorts, long shorts. low cut jeans or tops, no under garments showing. I've seen some of your kids going to KHS in the mornings, it's appalling in most cases the girls look like hookers and the boys look like gang bangers.Just recently I was on Kearny Ave at 8:00am on my way to work a girl passed by on the sidewalk carrying a KHS ID card she was wearing micro shorts with the bottom of her ass cheeks hanging out. Another girl on Devon st had on a micro mini. This is your fault as parents in having little or no control over how your kids present themselves in public. I hate to use the cliche When I was in school however When I was in school 77 - 81 the girls and boys did NOT dress this way. Any girls who did was labeled a slut or school whore, boys who dressed as such were laughed at and shunned as being a troublemaker. So if you want your sons labeled as gangbangers,and your daughters labeled as sluts continue with the status quo.

Guest Guest
OK genius, tell us what we need then.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret Mead

Guest Guest
I completely agree with you. Just because Paul doesn't want it in, the entire country shouldn't bend over backwards or forwards over a desk for that matter. Leave that to Matthew and Paul. Leave "Under God" in.

What does this have to do with KHS Uniforms?? This is dumb, someone posts something about uniforms and you get a drawn out discussion on God. Can someone introduce some important topic like why I can’t see my kid’s report card online or why our Kearny Public school didn’t make it to the top 1,300 schools? http://www.newsweek.com/id/39380

It’s getting to the point where every topic here is going to have a reference to some guy’s belief on god and evolution. I love God but unless someone talked to him directly and was told to post something on this forum, you should share your beliefs elsewhere or create a separate thread.

Guest Guest

I you want to leave "under God" in, then you also have to learn to leave people like Matthew alone.

Guest Copurnicus
Freedom of religion is not a privilege. It is a fundamental human right.

What you want is to force your religion on others. You want to insist that everyone pledge allegiance to your kind of religion. That is neither your privilege nor your right. Not everyone believes in a God, in fact some of the greatest minds in all history did not believe in "God."

That's why freedom of religion is in the Constitution, but "freedom" to force your religion on others is not. If you don't like it, then you leave. And if you don't understand that, then you shouldn't be criticizing someone for a typographical error.

You only want religious "freedom" for the majority. That's not even Christian.

Now you think you're so smart, then explain to us what abuse you're referring to and why you think it's an abuse. You won't be able to make an intelligent argument because it wasn't an intelligent remark. So go ahead, wise guy. Show us how smart you are. What abuse?

I expect an answer.

Not everyone believes in a God, in fact some of the greatest minds in all history did not believe in "God."

Aside fro M M O'Hare name some of these "great minds" that us common folk might know.

Guest Daddy Warbucks
I you want to leave "under God" in, then you also have to learn to leave people like Matthew alone.

"God" is all over your evil money too!!---- Can people leave that alone?? :lol::lol:

Guest Guest
OK genius, tell us what we need then.

A proper case, where the plaintiff has standing, before the US Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court constituted with dedicated jurists who actually care about Constitutional principles.

Guest Guest
While I have no children going to KHS, I am a taxpayer and do support the use of school uniforms. Or at the very least a school dress code. No more micro miniskrts, micro shorts, long shorts. low cut jeans or tops, no under garments showing. I've seen some of your kids going to KHS in the mornings, it's appalling in most cases the girls look like hookers and the boys look like gang bangers.Just recently I was on Kearny Ave at 8:00am on my way to work a girl passed by on the sidewalk carrying a KHS ID card she was wearing micro shorts with the bottom of her ass cheeks hanging out. Another girl on Devon st had on a micro mini. This is your fault as parents in having little or no control over how your kids present themselves in public. I hate to use the cliche When I was in school however When I was in school 77 - 81 the girls and boys did NOT dress this way. Any girls who did was labeled a slut or school whore, boys who dressed as such were laughed at and shunned as being a troublemaker. So if you want your sons labeled as gangbangers,and your daughters labeled as sluts continue with the status quo.

I agree with you, but I don't support uniforms. A dress code should suffice.

Guest Guest
So why shouldn't everybody be free to practice their religion as they see fit and keep the government out of it?

Well? Does anyone have an intelligent answer?

Guest Guest

QUOTE (Guest @ May 19 2008, 07:12 AM)

Religious belief is one of those issues that does not belong to the majority, but to each person individually.

Exactly. You will never see an intelligent response from the knuckle-draggers on this point.

Guest Guest

I will when the little snoop stops disrupting this town I live in. By the way I marched in the parade last night and didn't see one LaClair there. Wonderful town people that family is. If you like your freedom, thank a VET. Look at the thanks the LaClairs gave. None.

Guest Guest

QUOTE (Guest @ May 22 2008, 04:13 PM)

1. I will when the little snoop stops disrupting this town I live in. 2. By the way I marched in the parade last night and didn't see one LaClair there. Wonderful town people that family is. If you like your freedom, thank a VET. Look at the thanks the LaClairs gave. None.

1. No you won't. You won't stop until everyone goes along with what you want. Well, apparently Matthew won't stop until you stop pushing, so you're both equally insistent. The difference is, he is right and you are wrong.

Why? Because insisting that you follow the law of our country is not disruption. Just because it upsets your little fantasy world doesn't change the facts.

2. What were you doing, looking around to see who was there? If you know exactly who was there and who wasn't, then apparently quite a few other families weren't there either. How many people were there? A couple hundred, five hundred maybe? Out of a town of 40,000, and you choose to go after one family because they forced you to look at something you do not wish to see. Every time you write, you prove Matthew's point.

I'd say get over it, but you won't. So that's your problem.

Guest Guest
Not everyone believes in a God, in fact some of the greatest minds in all history did not believe in "God."

Aside fro M M O'Hare name some of these "great minds" that us common folk might know.

One of the problems with your question is that what common folk might know is not the measure of truth. However, to answer your question as you posed it:

Albert Einstein

Thomas Edison

Thomas Paine

Carl Sagan

Kurt Vonnegut

It's a very long list.

See http://www.wonderfulatheistsofcfl.org/Quotes.htm for just a few quotations.

Guest Guest
A proper case, where the plaintiff has standing, before the US Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court constituted with dedicated jurists who actually care about Constitutional principles.

And this has never happened in all of the years "under God" was part of the pledge?

Guest Guest
QUOTE (Guest @ May 22 2008, 04:13 PM)

1. No you won't. You won't stop until everyone goes along with what you want. Well, apparently Matthew won't stop until you stop pushing, so you're both equally insistent. The difference is, he is right and you are wrong.

Why? Because insisting that you follow the law of our country is not disruption. Just because it upsets your little fantasy world doesn't change the facts.

2. What were you doing, looking around to see who was there? If you know exactly who was there and who wasn't, then apparently quite a few other families weren't there either. How many people were there? A couple hundred, five hundred maybe? Out of a town of 40,000, and you choose to go after one family because they forced you to look at something you do not wish to see. Every time you write, you prove Matthew's point.

I'd say get over it, but you won't. So that's your problem.

Out of 40,000 LaClair is the only one who won't at least stand for the pledge, let alone say it. That should tell you something, but it won't.

Guest Guest
I will when the little snoop stops disrupting this town I live in.

Matthew disrupts nothing by sitting while others stand.

By the way I marched in the parade last night and didn't see one LaClair there.

Do you even know what every member of the family looks like?

Wonderful town people that family is. If you like your freedom, thank a VET. Look at the thanks the LaClairs gave. None.

Meanwhile, lots of the Republicans giving Matthew a hard time here support Bush, who wants to veto a new GI Bill. Ironic.

Guest Guest
I will when the little snoop stops disrupting this town I live in. By the way I marched in the parade last night and didn't see one LaClair there. Wonderful town people that family is. If you like your freedom, thank a VET. Look at the thanks the LaClairs gave. None.

Good job, stupid. By your logic, MOST OF KEARNY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT VETS. Or do you argue that more than half of the town (20,000 at least) was present?

Idiot.