Board of Education

provis

Guest one no good teacher
The principals and teachers are no good.

They don't help the children at all.

They should all live inHarrison.not Kearny and livingston

You are obviously an idiot, that has no clue at all, but just wants to shoot their stupid mouth off and start problems.

all the principals are more than competent people who work hard at giving the kids a good education and discipling

the students (which is more than they get at home!!)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest
Shame on them for not knowing there was an election.The heat from the anti's was even hotter back then or do you really remember?

Yes every one in NJ chipped in for the high school.But why is it that the children in Harrison didn't deserve it????

Because some of them or their parents came from other countries...because most of the kids are below poverty level and they don't deserve the same educational opportunities that someone from Montclair or Glen Ridge can afford to give their kids.

You're right let's keep those kids down.Make sure that they don't have the same chance to become doctors ,lawyers ,accountants,teachers,policemen,firemen,constuction workers....Let's make sure that they have inadequate facilities to play on because they speak a different language or are a little darker than the people in the wealthier communities.

This country is facing an ever -widening gap between the haves and have nots.The middle is being squeezed out.NJ is not bankrupt because of trying to provide equal opportunity for children.It's bankrupt because of waste ,corruption,people with a false sense of entitlement .

If NJ does not take care of its children,then it would be morally bankrupt.

Keeping it real.

It's the Harrison Board of Education that is morally bankrupt.

NJ is supplying the money, it's how they spend it locally.

That's where the problem is and there is little control over it.

Locally they they sure don't consider the students' welfare. That's for sure.

Guest Guest
Peter Higins

What can be said about him a good upstanding family man. He has worked tirelessly for the good for the good of the Town and it's people.

Remember how he ran the Fire Department, The Schools and worked for the Democratic Party at the same time.

Frank Rodgers would have been nothing without Pete. Pete made him look good.

Who do you think still runs the show even though the people turned him out for Jimmy Doran . Pete thats who. He's the the guy even Murray goes to for advice.

Who else on that council could function without him. Check them out on that video of the meetings. Someone should check and see if they are still alive.

Pete is the Man to go to in Harrison.

LONG LIVE PETE !!!!

Guest not for sure
It's the Harrison Board of Education that is morally bankrupt.

NJ is supplying the money, it's how they spend it locally.

That's where the problem is and there is little control over it.

Locally they they sure don't consider the students' welfare. That's for sure.

That's for sure ????

What freaking idiot!

Abbott Districts have more controls on what's going on than N.A.S.A. B the way, New Jersey doesn't supply all the money.You don't even know.Visit the schools sometime you are entitled .You'd be amazed at how well they are run.The BOE is not perfect but to even think they don't care about the welfare of students is idiotic.

Congratulations!You are the drunk in the bar

Guest guest
That's for sure ????

What freaking idiot!

Abbott Districts have more controls on what's going on than N.A.S.A. B the way, New Jersey doesn't supply all the money.You don't even know.Visit the schools sometime you are entitled .You'd be amazed at how well they are run.The BOE is not perfect but to even think they don't care about the welfare of students is idiotic.

Congratulations!You are the drunk in the bar

Yes!

Visit the schools yous drunks!

What do you know? You'll see!

Guest Guest
Yes!

Visit the schools yous drunks!

What do you know? You'll see!

Speaking of drunks I have seen a few teachers come out of a bar on lunch and I also understand that some of them are teaching after their liquid lunch, if my child was in one of these classes and I went in and smelled the booze on their breath I would make sure they never get their job back I can tell you that.

Guest Guest
Speaking of drunks I have seen a few teachers come out of a bar on lunch and I also understand that some of them are teaching after their liquid lunch, if my child was in one of these classes and I went in and smelled the booze on their breath I would make sure they never get their job back I can tell you that.

So you SEEN them comming out of a bar. I have been inside the bar that serves food and have seen teachers, police and town workers having lunch and drinking non-alcoholic drinks. They know that they cannot drink at lunch and risk their jobs, If you can prove that they are drinking at lunch report them, I would, you do not need to have children in the system to file a report. I stop in a bar and have lunch, and I don't drink alcohol. there are lot's of people that go to a bar for lunch and don't drink booze. We go there because we like the food.

Guest guest
I also agree. Why don't they tranfer to a job where they live! They won't get paid the money they get paid here. It's not right. They should have to live in town. Then they would care about the town.

Can't they make it a 'REQUIREMENT" that the 'NEW" employees coming in the future 'live' in Harrison? Newark and other towns in New Jersey do it.. Just recently. the police chief or some big director in New Brunswick was order bu the "State" to either 'move' toe town or resign. He appealed, but lost and then resined.

Guest guest
you might have a point but you're wrong.There are children of present and past administrators that have gone through the Harrison school system.Some have even come back and are teaching in the district.You figure it out.You have all the answers

Something else to consider is that because they haven't sent their children here it is not necessarily a reflection on the district.

It is not the best situation in the world for a child of an administrator to be in the system.They are damned if do ,damned if they don't.Accusations of favoritism or retribution all the good things kids shouldn't have to deal with would be part of their existence

Teachers ,also ,may not be thrilled to have their bosses' children in class.Things you probably never took the time to think of.

By the way grand historian,you,they did have an election for the B.of E. back in the seventies.After spending a ridiculous amount of money to hold the election ,1 per cent of the registered voters came out to vote and]they elected the same people who were serving on the Board.So the lesson here is....Know what you're talking about before you open you're mouth.

Sorry...just trying to keep it real!

However, the children of the police and firemen could live in town and attend our local public and even Catholic schools in the West Hudson area. That would not have a 'cpnflict ' of interest as you note about having the teachers' children in the same schools. Plus, the teachers don't even have their children attending the local Catholic elementary and high school in the local towns like they did 20 years ago.

Guest Guest
So you SEEN them comming out of a bar. I have been inside the bar that serves food and have seen teachers, police and town workers having lunch and drinking non-alcoholic drinks. They know that they cannot drink at lunch and risk their jobs, If you can prove that they are drinking at lunch report them, I would, you do not need to have children in the system to file a report. I stop in a bar and have lunch, and I don't drink alcohol. there are lot's of people that go to a bar for lunch and don't drink booze. We go there because we like the food.

Have you ever tried a diner or resturant at lunch time? The idea of seeing a teacher coming out of a bar and going into the school sounds morally good for the kids! ARE YOU REALLY THAT NUTS???????????????

Guest Dickies Friend
Can't they make it a 'REQUIREMENT" that the 'NEW" employees coming in the future 'live' in Harrison? Newark and other towns in New Jersey do it.. Just recently. the police chief or some big director in New Brunswick was order bu the "State" to either 'move' toe town or resign. He appealed, but lost and then resined.

Holy shit!!!! I can't believe Harvard and Princeton would not accept your application, you write like your the editor of the Observer..

21 years to finish Elementry School huh?

The thing that really s**ks is your probably making a $120,000.00 a year as a secretary for Mayor McvD**ba**....

Guest huh?
However, the children of the police and firemen could live in town and attend our local public and even Catholic schools in the West Hudson area. That would not have a 'cpnflict ' of interest as you note about having the teachers' children in the same schools. Plus, the teachers don't even have their children attending the local Catholic elementary and high school in the local towns like they did 20 years ago.

And your point is?????? You got apples ,oranges,even avocadoes all in one paragraph.

Guest Guest
Have you ever tried a diner or resturant at lunch time? The idea of seeing a teacher coming out of a bar and going into the school sounds morally good for the kids! ARE YOU REALLY THAT NUTS???????????????

Of course I have been to a diner and restrurants, the place that I have lunch is a bar that serves food and I go there because it is close to where I work. It is legal and morally ok, it is not a sin and no laws are being broken. I don't know what place you are referring to but perhaps teachers go there for the same reason, because it is close. As I before mention, if you can prove that they are drinking at lunch, report them. Many decent and respectable peope have lunch at a pub. To think otherwise and teach your children the same is what is really nuts.

Guest Guest
Of course I have been to a diner and restrurants, the place that I have lunch is a bar that serves food and I go there because it is close to where I work. It is legal and morally ok, it is not a sin and no laws are being broken. I don't know what place you are referring to but perhaps teachers go there for the same reason, because it is close. As I before mention, if you can prove that they are drinking at lunch, report them. Many decent and respectable peope have lunch at a pub. To think otherwise and teach your children the same is what is really nuts.
You're a Teacher? It's spelled RESTAURANT! You must have had a Liquid Lunch!

Guest Guest

I know that you ass-wipe, I know what places serve food I have lived here all my life and put my children through the school system so I know who is who, and I know what is what. I know you all stick together because you are all related but you can't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. The place I saw the teacher come out of doesn't serve food.

Guest Guest

Thank you! Looks like I have offended someone, that teacher jumped all over my post.

Guest Guest
Gulp Gulp Gulp what a shame!!!!
I think that Teachers should be Drug and Alcohol tested! Does this practice exist anywhere in the State. Can anyone answer this question! Being a Teacher is a big responsibility and the public deserves/demands sober instructors while their children are in the care of the Harrison Educational System. Can you imagine the consequences of a intoxicated Teacher during an emergency. It would be a catastrophe!

Guest Guest
I know that you ass-wipe, I know what places serve food I have lived here all my life and put my children through the school system so I know who is who, and I know what is what. I know you all stick together because you are all related but you can't tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. The place I saw the teacher come out of doesn't serve food.
Good point! I too have seen them coming out of a Bar that does not sell food. They were red in the face and laughing at a cop. I know this because I was right behind them walking on the sidewalk.

Guest guest

THERE IS ONLY ONE BAR IN TOWN THAT DOESNT SERVE FOOD SO TELL ON THE TEACHER ALREADY OR STOP YOUR COMPLAINING

Guest Guest
I think that Teachers should be Drug and Alcohol tested! Does this practice exist anywhere in the State. Can anyone answer this question! Being a Teacher is a big responsibility and the public deserves/demands sober instructors while their children are in the care of the Harrison Educational System. Can you imagine the consequences of a intoxicated Teacher during an emergency. It would be a catastrophe!

I agree 100000000% anyone working in a building with children should be drug tested, they should all have a background check too.

Guest Guest
THERE IS ONLY ONE BAR IN TOWN THAT DOESNT SERVE FOOD SO TELL ON THE TEACHER ALREADY OR STOP YOUR COMPLAINING

You can't really tell anyone because there aren't too many professionals in our system that can keep things confidential. For Christ sakes one of the high paid Super's spends most of the school year in a different country, but his Mommy covers for him so that is OK!...... Then we wonder right!!!!

Guest 6A24EF
I SEE THE SCHOOL DEDICATION CEREMONY WAS ONLY 8 MONTHS LATE....... :huh:

WHO WAS IN CHARGE PLANNING FOR THIS REMARKABLE EVENT.

I HEARD IT WAS YOUR JOB , I GUESS YOU DROPPED THE BALL, YOU SPEND SO MUCH TIME WATCHING EVERONE ELSE , YOU SCREWED UP...............