Board of Education

provis

The Harrison Board of Education wants the citizens of Harrison to be ignorant of the facts. That's why we never vote for the budget or board members. That is why they don't care if no parents show up at the PTO meetings. The less the people know the better, and they get away with it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest guest
The Harrison Board of Education wants the citizens of Harrison to be ignorant of the facts. That's why we never vote for the budget or board members. That is why they don't care if no parents show up at the PTO meetings. The less the people know the better, and they get away with it.
The Board of Miseducation is a cash cow. Leave them alone. What do you want, more people working for the town.

Guest Peter

I TOLD YOU I DON'T CARE IF THE TAX PAYERS AREN'T HAPPY. I DIDN'T MAKE THE LAWS, I'M JUST TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM

HIGGINS

Guest Guest

The teachers almost knock over the students to get out at the end of the day to get a jump on the traffic on 280. They are just like the fireman and only come into Harrison for the paycheck and don't spend a dime in the town. Thats my opinion.

Guest Reader

At one time the workers hired by the town used to be citizens of Harrison, and these people gave extra effort into making sure their job portrayed a positive influence in the town. Well those were the good old days. Now we have BoE members and new hires that are from out of town and quite frankly they don't care about the citizens of Harrison. The only worry on their mind is how they can cut costs everywhere in the budget, yet seem to allow enough to be left over to fill their own pockets. I think we should be allowed to vote in the BoE officers, and get rid of those who don't care about the town.

You sure can bet that the out of towners with high pay positions who don't care about Harrison, or the kids that attend school in Harrison, make sure their children are given the best in the "posh" neighborhood.

Guest Guest
The teachers almost knock over the students to get out at the end of the day to get a jump on the traffic on 280. They are just like the fireman and only come into Harrison for the paycheck and don't spend a dime in the town. Thats my opinion.

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT ON THAT ONE.

Guest guest
YOU ARE 100% RIGHT ON THAT ONE.

I also agree. Why don't they tranfer to a job where they live! They won't get paid the money they get paid here. It's not right. They should have to live in town. Then they would care about the town.

Guest BA-DA Bling
At one time the workers hired by the town used to be citizens of Harrison, and these people gave extra effort into making sure their job portrayed a positive influence in the town. Well those were the good old days. Now we have BoE members and new hires that are from out of town and quite frankly they don't care about the citizens of Harrison. The only worry on their mind is how they can cut costs everywhere in the budget, yet seem to allow enough to be left over to fill their own pockets. I think we should be allowed to vote in the BoE officers, and get rid of those who don't care about the town.

You sure can bet that the out of towners with high pay positions who don't care about Harrison, or the kids that attend school in Harrison, make sure their children are given the best in the "posh" neighborhood.

There hasn't been one School District Administrator, present included, children that were educated in the Harrison System.

That says volumes for their own impression of the system that butters their bread. The School Board is just an extension of the entire mindset of the political machine. The Board should be elected not appointed, that would begin to open the door to change; unfortunately, you wouldn't get rid of the deadbeats entirely on the first go around, it would require a couple of elections to dump the garbage that is there.

Guest Sonny Daye

That's right. The teachers that live in town do a better job and care more about our childrens education than the ones who live down the shore or on 280. All they care about is getting out of Harrison.

Guest *justme*

I have a daughter who is in 5th grade in Harrison. She has been attending Harrison schools since kindergarten. I have been extremely impressed by the quality of teachers she has had each year (with one exception) and I couldn't care less where the teachers live. A few of her teachers have been from Harrison, a few from out of town. The most important thing is that the schools attract excellent teachers and if that means expanding the hiring pool to include people from out of town, who cares. Our kids need every opportunity to succeed, not to be held back because people want to force the teachers to spend money in town. Concentrate on creating services & stores that people WANT to spend money on in our town and people will do so voluntarily.

Guest Guest
I also agree. Why don't they tranfer to a job where they live! They won't get paid the money they get paid here. It's not right. They should have to live in town. Then they would care about the town.

Do you work in the town you live? Most people don't. It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means when they volunteer it is in the town they live in. That is how it is all over America. Most people commute to another town or city when they work.

Guest Guest
The principals and teachers are no good.

They don't help the children at all.

They should all live inHarrison.not Kearny and livingston

If teachers had to live in town, we wouldn't have many. Not too many high schoolers are interested in going into that field. The same holds true for cops and firemen.

Guest scarey
There hasn't been one School District Administrator, present included, children that were educated in the Harrison System.

That says volumes for their own impression of the system that butters their bread. The School Board is just an extension of the entire mindset of the political machine. The Board should be elected not appointed, that would begin to open the door to change; unfortunately, you wouldn't get rid of the deadbeats entirely on the first go around, it would require a couple of elections to dump the garbage that is there.

you might have a point but you're wrong.There are children of present and past administrators that have gone through the Harrison school system.Some have even come back and are teaching in the district.You figure it out.You have all the answers

Something else to consider is that because they haven't sent their children here it is not necessarily a reflection on the district.

It is not the best situation in the world for a child of an administrator to be in the system.They are damned if do ,damned if they don't.Accusations of favoritism or retribution all the good things kids shouldn't have to deal with would be part of their existence

Teachers ,also ,may not be thrilled to have their bosses' children in class.Things you probably never took the time to think of.

By the way grand historian,you,they did have an election for the B.of E. back in the seventies.After spending a ridiculous amount of money to hold the election ,1 per cent of the registered voters came out to vote and]they elected the same people who were serving on the Board.So the lesson here is....Know what you're talking about before you open you're mouth.

Sorry...just trying to keep it real!

Guest Come Clean Committee
you might have a point but you're wrong.There are children of present and past administrators that have gone through the Harrison school system.Some have even come back and are teaching in the district.You figure it out.You have all the answers

Something else to consider is that because they haven't sent their children here it is not necessarily a reflection on the district.

It is not the best situation in the world for a child of an administrator to be in the system.They are damned if do ,damned if they don't.Accusations of favoritism or retribution all the good things kids shouldn't have to deal with would be part of their existence

Teachers ,also ,may not be thrilled to have their bosses' children in class.Things you probably never took the time to think of.

By the way grand historian,you,they did have an election for the B.of E. back in the seventies.After spending a ridiculous amount of money to hold the election ,1 per cent of the registered voters came out to vote and]they elected the same people who were serving on the Board.So the lesson here is....Know what you're talking about before you open you're mouth.

Sorry...just trying to keep it real!

It sounds like you're the Grand Historian or possibly a current favorite in the System? The District is flawed, it always has been, take a peek at the payroll, then write back.........

Guest Guest
Do you work in the town you live? Most people don't. It doesn't mean they don't care. It just means when they volunteer it is in the town they live in. That is how it is all over America. Most people commute to another town or city when they work.

Yes, BUT, they work for companies not the Municipality. When you work for a company, it does not effect the town. BUT when you work for a town, and don't live in it, your family dosen't live in it, you don't really care what happens after you leave and go home. If you live in that town, for instance, the police wouldn't turn thier heads when they see something going on because thier kids aren't in this town.

Guest guest

Voted for the BOE back in the seventies! That's over thirty years ago. That 1 % was probably the board members voting and no one else knew there was an election.

What a waste of money.

You people don't deserve a new high school. Other towns in NJ had buy for that for you.

No wonder NJ is bankrupt.

Guest grand historian lol
It sounds like you're the Grand Historian or possibly a current favorite in the System? The District is flawed, it always has been, take a peek at the payroll, then write back.........

You didn't respond to the answer I gave .You just threw the usual crap about payroll,the district being flawed.

I have news for you cappy, every district is flawed.

The payroll is negotiated ,like in every other district.Some districts, because of longevity and the like, are top heavy with experienced teachers.

If you really knew and understood the workings of school districts and DFG's ,you would be impressed with Harrison and how well they score with all the state testing in spite of a constantly changing population,and 9 different languages and dialects being spoken in the district and a population where better than 80% of the high schools English is the second language.

You know it really a waste of time trying to defend a school system that the state says is functioning well above similar districts statewide .Sure there are problems ,like there are in other districts.Sometimes though you are only as good as the materials you have to work with.If the parents are not a part of the solution they are definitely the biggest part of the problem.

So what are your credentials ,Cappy.Let's see if you have any knowledge of what you're talking about.Or are you just some disgruntled person sittng behind a computer throwing stones into cyberspace.

What do you know about education?

Voted for the BOE back in the seventies! That's over thirty years ago. That 1 % was probably the board members voting and no one else knew there was an election.

What a waste of money.

You people don't deserve a new high school. Other towns in NJ had buy for that for you.

No wonder NJ is bankrupt.

Shame on them for not knowing there was an election.The heat from the anti's was even hotter back then or do you really remember?

Yes every one in NJ chipped in for the high school.But why is it that the children in Harrison didn't deserve it????

Because some of them or their parents came from other countries...because most of the kids are below poverty level and they don't deserve the same educational opportunities that someone from Montclair or Glen Ridge can afford to give their kids.

You're right let's keep those kids down.Make sure that they don't have the same chance to become doctors ,lawyers ,accountants,teachers,policemen,firemen,constuction workers....Let's make sure that they have inadequate facilities to play on because they speak a different language or are a little darker than the people in the wealthier communities.

This country is facing an ever -widening gap between the haves and have nots.The middle is being squeezed out.NJ is not bankrupt because of trying to provide equal opportunity for children.It's bankrupt because of waste ,corruption,people with a false sense of entitlement .

If NJ does not take care of its children,then it would be morally bankrupt.

Keeping it real.

Guest Cappy!
You didn't respond to the answer I gave .You just threw the usual crap about payroll,the district being flawed.

I have news for you cappy, every district is flawed.

The payroll is negotiated ,like in every other district.Some districts, because of longevity and the like, are top heavy with experienced teachers.

If you really knew and understood the workings of school districts and DFG's ,you would be impressed with Harrison and how well they score with all the state testing in spite of a constantly changing population,and 9 different languages and dialects being spoken in the district and a population where better than 80% of the high schools English is the second language.

You know it really a waste of time trying to defend a school system that the state says is functioning well above similar districts statewide .Sure there are problems ,like there are in other districts.Sometimes though you are only as good as the materials you have to work with.If the parents are not a part of the solution they are definitely the biggest part of the problem.

So what are your credentials ,Cappy.Let's see if you have any knowledge of what you're talking about.Or are you just some disgruntled person sittng behind a computer throwing stones into cyberspace.

What do you know about education?

I want to apologize to you for the knowledge and background you obviously possess regarding Education and our School system in Harrison. You speak from a point of authority, are you one of our Administrators in the system, if you are, you have a wealth of information, or are you one of our current Board Members, were you at " Back to school Night " this year, I was introducing myself to the current administrators and Board personnel that I saw there. I"m just hoping you were one of them and I've been in your presence. I'm going to ultimately have the pleasure!

Guest Guest
Yes, BUT, they work for companies not the Municipality. When you work for a company, it does not effect the town. BUT when you work for a town, and don't live in it, your family dosen't live in it, you don't really care what happens after you leave and go home. If you live in that town, for instance, the police wouldn't turn thier heads when they see something going on because thier kids aren't in this town.

That is such a bogus reply. Just because someone doesn't live in the town they work in means they won't or don't do a good job because they don't care. BS. Most people take great pride in their work, no matter where they live

Guest guest
That is such a bogus reply. Just because someone doesn't live in the town they work in means they won't or don't do a good job because they don't care. BS. Most people take great pride in their work, no matter where they live

It's not that they aren't doing a good job. It's just that suppose there's a fire and they need all their guys. Half of them live out of town then they have to call other towns in when it should'n be.

Guest Guest

****** ****** IS A CROOK, WHERE DID THE MONEY GO FROM THE SALE OF THE OLD JFK STADIUM? WHY DID THE SCC (SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION CORP.) PURCHASE THE LAND FOR THE NEW HIGH SCHOOL FROM HARRISON MANAGEMENT FOR $6,700,000.00 WHEN HARRISON MANAGMENT PURCHASE SAME LAND FROM ORIGINAL OWNER FOR $1,500,000.00 JUST TWO N A HALF YEARS EARLIER? DID ******* HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS?????? OF COURSE