New addition to HarrisonMeetings.com

Guest Joseph Wood

Guest Joseph Wood

Beginning this month, I will be posting the list of bills paid for by the Town. Now we can see where our tax dollars are going each month.

To view the bills, go to HarrisonMeetings.com and click on BILLS in the navigation bar on the right side of the page.

Guest Guest
Beginning this month, I will be posting the list of bills paid for by the Town. Now we can see where our tax dollars are going each month.

To view the bills, go to HarrisonMeetings.com and click on BILLS in the navigation bar on the right side of the page.

I saw the report, on page 2 of the April 2008. What kind of scanner cost's 2,009.75???

Guest guest

Maybe other peoples taxes but not yours Joe. You don't own.

Guest inspector

Its great that you have that information but after going through it I did not see any bills paid for any attorney's IE: ROBERT MURRAY) now isn't that ironic??????????????????????

Guest Guest

Why is the town paying for George Kondek to belong to a Fraternal Fire Organization? Let him pay his own dues, not counting the time off he most likely gets to attend their functions!!!!

Guest Guest

GREAT INFORMATION, but could you list the names and amounts of people getting cash envelopes on the side. That would help. Keep up the good work. Where is ****** receipts for baby gap and the bounce house for his birthday party?

Guest Guest 4th Warder

Joe great job!! You will leave Doran in the dust next election.

Why did the Town pay $114.18/Ton for rock salt on 2/15

and on 2/29 paid $286.01/Ton ???? Seems a little out of line doesn't it? Vendors are trying to get rid of the salt at this time of year.

Why did we pay so much?? Now I know why the budget is in the red.

Again, <GREAT JOB JOE>

Guest Guest
GREAT INFORMATION, but could you list the names and amounts of people getting cash envelopes on the side. That would help. Keep up the good work. Where is ****** receipts for baby gap and the bounce house for his birthday party?

someone explain to me why the detective bureau had to spend 180.00 in detective badges? it's been the same bunch in there. why new badges? :lol:

Guest renter also
Maybe other peoples taxes but not yours Joe. You don't own.

Eligible homeowners and tenants who pay property taxes, either directly or through rent, on their principal residence in New Jersey are eligible for either a deduction or a refundable credit on their New Jersey resident income tax return.

The above is taken from the State of New Jersey taxation website. All residents pay taxes. Renters pay taxes through their rent to the homeowner. Educate yourself before you make such statements please.

Guest in the know
Joe great job!! You will leave Doran in the dust next election.

Why did the Town pay $114.18/Ton for rock salt on 2/15

and on 2/29 paid $286.01/Ton ???? Seems a little out of line doesn't it? Vendors are trying to get rid of the salt at this time of year.

Why did we pay so much?? Now I know why the budget is in the red.

Again, <GREAT JOB JOE>

You people cant even read the listing correctly it was 114.18 tons and 286.01 tons - that wasnt a price per ton you moron. your best bet is to just sit there and shut up cause you have no idea what you are talking about.

Guest Guest
You people cant even read the listing correctly it was 114.18 tons and 286.01 tons - that wasnt a price per ton you moron. your best bet is to just sit there and shut up cause you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sit next to Dolaghan, he dosen't know what he's talking about either.

Once more congratulations are due to Joe Wood for his stellar efforts to inform the citizens of Harrison beyond the smoke and mirrors of the town's government.

Why ANYONE would continue to "hiss and spit" about an active citizen creating a much needed transparancy to how Harrison's leadership functions suggests to any reasonable person that a great something is trying to be kept out of the light of public awareness.

KOTW has on its homepage a statement about shifting meetings/shortened meetings by the Harrison council with an urging for people to cancel Friday night's plans to attend the newly scheduled meeting. I think KOTW deserves a great round of applause for this candid statement to lead their homepage, this for the benefit of all decent people in Harrison.

Guest friend of mayor
What does Mc Nichol, The Drug Alliance person do for 57 hours a quarter @ about 60.00 an hour?

I would like to know what title do these people hold. what degrees? are they just friends of the mayor too?? i bet she is ** ****** ** *******? I did find it interesting that the chief of police had all *** **** ***** ******** next to him.

Guest Guest
Once more congratulations are due to Joe Wood for his stellar efforts to inform the citizens of Harrison beyond the smoke and mirrors of the town's government.

Why ANYONE would continue to "hiss and spit" about an active citizen creating a much needed transparancy to how Harrison's leadership functions suggests to any reasonable person that a great something is trying to be kept out of the light of public awareness.

KOTW has on its homepage a statement about shifting meetings/shortened meetings by the Harrison council with an urging for people to cancel Friday night's plans to attend the newly scheduled meeting. I think KOTW deserves a great round of applause for this candid statement to lead their homepage, this for the benefit of all decent people in Harrison.

Did anything come of the Friday night meeting ?

Guest Guest

Three outright lies by the Mayor, 1) In regards to the pension payments, "We thought the State was going to pay the Towns part. 2) Intergovermental Transfer Program (ITP) Mayor McDonough "I started that program". # 3 I did not give a directive to the PD and FD to reduce their budget by 950,000 it was issued on Town of Harrison letterhead.

Lie # 1. When the Town agreed to take part in the pension program they knew the had to repay the money as follows Years 1-5 were free, the pay back for the free years is as follows; year 6 120%, year 7 140 %, year 8 160% year 9 180 % and year 10 200%. Instead of saving a portion of the money to pay back the debt they spent on who knows what and my taxes went up every year.

Lie # 2 If McDonough was that ingenious then we hould not be in the fiscal mess. If he has other such ideas the he should run for Govenor.

Guest Guest
Three outright lies by the Mayor, 1) In regards to the pension payments, "We thought the State was going to pay the Towns part. 2) Intergovermental Transfer Program (ITP) Mayor McDonough "I started that program". # 3 I did not give a directive to the PD and FD to reduce their budget by 950,000 it was issued on Town of Harrison letterhead.

Lie # 1. When the Town agreed to take part in the pension program they knew the had to repay the money as follows Years 1-5 were free, the pay back for the free years is as follows; year 6 120%, year 7 140 %, year 8 160% year 9 180 % and year 10 200%. Instead of saving a portion of the money to pay back the debt they spent on who knows what and my taxes went up every year.

Lie # 2 If McDonough was that ingenious then we hould not be in the fiscal mess. If he has other such ideas the he should run for Govenor.

the grape stain councilman you really have shown your true colors. your a punk cook from psv. count your days too rollypollie!

Guest Conde Nast
I would like to know what title do these people hold. what degrees? are they just friends of the mayor too?? i bet she is ** ****** ** *******? I did find it interesting that the chief of police had all *** **** ***** ******** next to him.

Look at the almost 3000.00 magazine subscription for the HFD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

I don't agree/disagree with what you're doing by putting the bills, meetings, etc. online. However, at the end of the page for the April 11th meeting you wrote that it is the 3rd time the town has voted down taping the meetings. Don't you think, at this time, the money should go toward getting us out of this hole we are in and worry about things like that later?

I don't agree/disagree with what you're doing by putting the bills, meetings, etc. online. However, at the end of the page for the April 11th meeting you wrote that it is the 3rd time the town has voted down taping the meetings. Don't you think, at this time, the money should go toward getting us out of this hole we are in and worry about things like that later?

Video recording the meetings will save hundreds time the expense of installing the system. It is the best record of what is said and done.

I'm sure that the expense is not the real concern of the majority. The taping of the meeting may encourage the council majority to find it's voice.

It looks like it is going to be done either way.

Tom

Guest Fedup

The hole is caused by the Mayor and Council mismanagement. The Mayor doesn't want videoing of council meetings, planning board meetings, redevelopment meetings because he wants to keep doing what is good for Mayor McDonough.

McDonough said that he would vote for the cameras if Councilman McCormick found the money. McCormick did that he got PSEG to give the town credit for overbilling of street lights. McDonough had allowed the town to spend $80,000 for new LED lights but never told PSEG so they billed at the old rate. The town got last years money and is saving next year because of some work on McCormick's part. What does the Mayor do, he says I know what I said but give me a couple more months. Bullshit. Typical McDonough delay tactics.

The town got 6.7 million dollars in aid up from 2.3 million so now there is a shortfall. Where is the town spending the money? On Powell's secret job? On Higgins' pension booster of a salary? On McDonough's family salaries? That's where the money is being spent. $15,000 for camera equipment is nothing.

Guest Guest

WHY BECAUSE YOU RELY ON YOUR SCANNER TO GATHER NEWS IN TOWN. THE CAMERAS WOULDN'T COST A THING TO THE TOWN YOU LOUSY ***** **** ******* *****! :)

Guest Guest

No, I don't, this crises affects all tax and rent payers in town, not just those who are able to attend meetings. I think as many people as possible should be aware of the problems and what our leaders are doing to resolve them. The cost to advise as many people as possible buy televising the meetings are minimal compared to the extent of the problems we are facing. There may be others who have good ideas besides Dolaghan, who can help in this time of crises, if they were aware of the scope of the problem.