High School

provis

I hear the high school is in poor shape.

My daughter tells me that the behavior of the kids is horrible. Lunch time is like a zoo. Kids running wild, hollering, screaming, hitting each other. She says that it seems like nobody cares. Teachers, administrator doing nothing. There are kids in that building that shouldn't even be there.

We will be moving out of Harrison. I want what is best for my daughter.

Guest Guest

My daughter tells me that the behavior of the kids is horrible. Lunch time is like a zoo. Kids running wild, hollering, screaming, hitting each other. She says that it seems like nobody cares. Teachers, administrator doing nothing. There are kids in that building that shouldn't even be there.

Unless you are moving out of the area completly you will find this anywhere you go. The people in charge are not doing their job. And they are getting very good pay not to give a damm

Guest GUEST
Unless you are moving out of the area completly you will find this anywhere you go. The people in charge are not doing their job. And they are getting very good pay not to give a damm

WHY IS IT THAT NO ONE BLAMES THE PARENTS WHEN THEY CLAIM KIDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL ITS ALWAYS THE TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATERS. THE PARENTS AND STUDENTS ARE NEVER RESPONSIBLE THAT WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

Guest mary miller

NO SUPERVISION!

Guest Adam Bomm

I am surprised students who are given a brand new school would act like this. You would think they would want to learn. And the town should kick the bad kids out if they disrupt the class. Don't they have detention anymore?

Guest *truth*

That's absolute nonsense.The new school is quieter than it ever was.The students change classes once in the morning and once in the afternoon.They all wear uniforms everyday.There is a closed lunch .So the kids never leave the grounds from the moment they arrrive until dismissal.Nothing is perfect .So if the kids occasionally get a little noisy at lunch it's understandable.It is nothing close to what you make it out to be.

Maybe you should ask to visit before you go pulling up stakes.

The reasons you stated for moving usually are a smoke screen for ethnic prejudice.Check and see how the college bound graduates from HHS make out .You would be very surprised.Sadly people usually believe what they want to believe .It's easier than discovering the truth.

Guest Come Clean Committee
That's absolute nonsense.The new school is quieter than it ever was.The students change classes once in the morning and once in the afternoon.They all wear uniforms everyday.There is a closed lunch .So the kids never leave the grounds from the moment they arrrive until dismissal.Nothing is perfect .So if the kids occasionally get a little noisy at lunch it's understandable.It is nothing close to what you make it out to be.

The reasons you stated for moving usually are a smoke screen for ethnic prejudice.Check and see how the college bound graduates from HHS make out .You would be very surprised.Sadly people usually believe what they want to believe .It's easier than discovering the truth.

Thanks, ***!

Guest Phil Laishio
WHY IS IT THAT NO ONE BLAMES THE PARENTS WHEN THEY CLAIM KIDS ARE OUT OF CONTROL ITS ALWAYS THE TEACHERS AND ADMINISTRATERS. THE PARENTS AND STUDENTS ARE NEVER RESPONSIBLE THAT WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES.

Because in today's day and age it is everyone else's fault for the person who did it. Slam your finger with a hammer and it's the hammer manufacturers fault for fabricating the hammer. Not the idiot who does not know how to use it.

Guest HHS Parent

I completely agree with this post and the one before it where the parents should take some responsibiltiy. I too have a daughter in the school. I have been to the school on numberous occasions and sometimes it's hard to imagine there are over 600 children in that school. It's really quiet. I think any problems with the current students should have been handled by their parents a long time ago. It's not a teachers job to raise your children. I agree some teachers just collect a pay check but it's unfair to loop all teachers together because of 1 or 2 bad ones. There is a very diverse group of children in the school the benefit of that is in our children's future they will be able to work with and communicate with all different kinds of people. Funny thing is most of these kids don't show any signs of prejudice unfortunately it's their ignorant parents. No I'm not a minority just a human being. Your child will get as much of an education as they put in to it. Teachers can't make children study and do homework that's where the parents need to step up. Oh and one more thing maybe high school athletics would be better in HHS if more parents threw the ball around with their kids instead of sitting on their fat asses complaining about the school and teachers.

Guest Guest
I completely agree with this post and the one before it where the parents should take some responsibiltiy. I too have a daughter in the school. I have been to the school on numberous occasions and sometimes it's hard to imagine there are over 600 children in that school. It's really quiet. I think any problems with the current students should have been handled by their parents a long time ago. It's not a teachers job to raise your children. I agree some teachers just collect a pay check but it's unfair to loop all teachers together because of 1 or 2 bad ones. There is a very diverse group of children in the school the benefit of that is in our children's future they will be able to work with and communicate with all different kinds of people. Funny thing is most of these kids don't show any signs of prejudice unfortunately it's their ignorant parents. No I'm not a minority just a human being. Your child will get as much of an education as they put in to it. Teachers can't make children study and do homework that's where the parents need to step up. Oh and one more thing maybe high school athletics would be better in HHS if more parents threw the ball around with their kids instead of sitting on their fat asses complaining about the school and teachers.
You sound like "The Harrison Distributor for Crapolla!" You are a Teacher! You all stick together, just like the Police and Fire Depts. Always Sugarcoating things, Ya Damn Cheerleeder for Teachers. When you're lousy it shows and the Harrison Teachers have a track record for putting out some of the best Roofers and Siders around! Now there's something to brag about!

Can I get an Amen?? The truth shall set ye free

Guest Guest

I think that the high school should only teach the **** ****** method of how to get rich without ever doing a days work. It can double as a training facility for the fireman. Just fill the gym with pillows and blankets and the kids will never complain. Give them ***** and just give them a paid expulsion when they mess up. IT wll be, in my opinion, the best high school in NJ. They can can also be registered at three different high schools at the same time and get three diplomas, like three pensions, at the same time. Now thats progressive leadership.

Guest reply
You sound like "The Harrison Distributor for Crapolla!" You are a Teacher! You all stick together, just like the Police and Fire Depts. Always Sugarcoating things, Ya Damn Cheerleeder for Teachers. When you're lousy it shows and the Harrison Teachers have a track record for putting out some of the best Roofers and Siders around! Now there's something to brag about!

Check the test scores, meathead.You would be very surprised.But then again you would ignore anything positive anyway.It's like arguing with a drunk in a bar.Useless!

By the way I own a roofing business and I could by and sell you.I would give you a free estimate to fix your roof but you probably couldn't afford your own house.My wife's a teacher and she works harder than I do.Try it sometime,especially in a multi- lingual community.

You were the guy in school who thought that hard work and studying was for the nerds.

The school and the education is there for everyone .It's what you do with it.

Compare the state test scores with let's say.... Kearny's...let's go further north ....say N.A.'s.....more north ..Lyndhurst's.Check it out.Harrison's scores are equal if not better.

But none of that is going to keep your sorry ass from blindly criticizing people who work for a living.Get your roof fixed.

Guest Guest
Check the test scores, meathead.You would be very surprised.But then again you would ignore anything positive anyway.It's like arguing with a drunk in a bar.Useless!

By the way I own a roofing business and I could by and sell you.I would give you a free estimate to fix your roof but you probably couldn't afford your own house.My wife's a teacher and she works harder than I do.Try it sometime,especially in a multi- lingual community.

You were the guy in school who thought that hard work and studying was for the nerds.

The school and the education is there for everyone .It's what you do with it.

Compare the state test scores with let's say.... Kearny's...let's go further north ....say N.A.'s.....more north ..Lyndhurst's.Check it out.Harrison's scores are equal if not better.

But none of that is going to keep your sorry ass from blindly criticizing people who work for a living.Get your roof fixed.

You sound like you know your way around a Bar Stool all Roofers that I know do! As far as arguing with drunks, I bet you are The Undefeated Champ. A grown man bragging about how his wife works harder than he does (thats a hhs grad for ya) I have never met a Teacher from Harrison that really cared about their students unless they were kids of someone who was influential. They all know who the kids are before the teaching even begins (K thru 12) These special kids are pushed ahead and pampered this way the student brags about how great their incompetent teacher is. The other non-influential kids get zero unless they're good in sports. If not they are just nameless rabble. It's all a game of who you know and they dictate where you go!

Guest hello
You sound like you know your way around a Bar Stool all Roofers that I know do! As far as arguing with drunks, I bet you are The Undefeated Champ. A grown man bragging about how his wife works harder than he does (thats a hhs grad for ya) I have never met a Teacher from Harrison that really cared about their students unless they were kids of someone who was influential. They all know who the kids are before the teaching even begins (K thru 12) These special kids are pushed ahead and pampered this way the student brags about how great their incompetent teacher is. The other non-influential kids get zero unless they're good in sports. If not they are just nameless rabble. It's all a game of who you know and they dictate where you go!

What B.S..Thanks for proving my point .You are the drunk in the bar.Not a tthing you said has any thing to do with reality.You stand with the losers.....

• 10 months later...

LMAO! Are You Serious??? ;)

The High School is like a "NAZI" School Now!! Shields and Carney and running this school like it's a prison.. I'm so glad I'm graduating this year because it's only going to get worse...

We can't do anything anymore... the uniforms s**k, we can't even wear sweatshirts in school... (Shields walks around the whole school, at least 3 times a day, room by room, to collect sweatshirts from students that have them on)

They make us eat the horrible food in the cafeteria...

We can't even use the bathroom!!! They lock the bathroom doors and only open them during lunch...

and the stupid announcements all the time!!! It's such a waste of time specially during class...

The classrooms are so disgusting and dirty... they are never cleaned..

I miss the old high school so much.. at least there we had freedom... Y can't we just go out for lunch? or wear what we want? I dont mind uniforms.. but have u seen our uniforms? we should get nicer uniforms.. like shirt and tie kinda stuff lol =) But I guess we can't cause this town is too cheap!

I can't wait to graduate!! :)

Guest guest
LMAO! Are You Serious??? ;)

The High School is like a "NAZI" School Now!! Shields and Carney and running this school like it's a prison.. I'm so glad I'm graduating this year because it's only going to get worse...

We can't do anything anymore... the uniforms s**k, we can't even wear sweatshirts in school... (Shields walks around the whole school, at least 3 times a day, room by room, to collect sweatshirts from students that have them on)

They make us eat the horrible food in the cafeteria...

We can't even use the bathroom!!! They lock the bathroom doors and only open them during lunch...

and the stupid announcements all the time!!! It's such a waste of time specially during class...

The classrooms are so disgusting and dirty... they are never cleaned..

I miss the old high school so much.. at least there we had freedom... Y can't we just go out for lunch? or wear what we want? I dont mind uniforms.. but have u seen our uniforms? we should get nicer uniforms.. like shirt and tie kinda stuff lol =) But I guess we can't cause this town is too cheap!

I can't wait to graduate!! :)

If you knew how to behave you would have your freedom. Why to go teachers.

Guest Guest

it is not the Teachers or the administraters fault , it is the Parents...and the people who faught to stop kids getting punishment lessons in school, You are no longer aloud to have a child write paragraphs on why they should behave in school or do the time tables 10 times each as we had to do in school or even do their spelling words 100 times each....We had to do that in School and it did not hurt Us...They consider that to be corporal punishment....STOP BLAMING THE TEACHERS AND LUNCH LADIES FOR THE KIDS BEHAVIOR....IT'S THE PARENTS FAULT, the kids do not care if they get into trouble because parents do nothing about it , THE TEACHERS AND LUNCH LADIES HANDS are tied....

Guest Guest

I don't know much about the school.... but I think the student proved the point that things are not running rampant. Sounds like the kind of school a responsible parent would want their kids to go to.

Guest guest

The kids should not get in trouble even if they do something wrong. Politicians, town officials,and fireman don't. They can cheat, steal, do drugs, fight, be corrupt, and any other acts a degenerate animal can do and still get rewarded with a good pension and health benefits for themselves and their families for life. After a few months when the dust settles on their reckless and deliberate actions, some are even hired back on the town payroll with a higher paying position. Why the heck should they behave? Look at their examples. Look at a certain little man in town from by the back of the little league who started his career by calling the police and mayors house because the little bit of noise was bothering him. He has no kids ****** *** **** and *** *** *** ***** to ***** their ***** even with *** ****, and the very thought of **** ********** would make a ****** *** ****. He is now one of the highest paid ******* in Hudson County and tells the people that his job is a'"secret." What about a secretary for a part-time plumber mayor making $108,000.00 a year while the secretary of the U S. richest man makes $60,000.00. How about $37,000.00 a day to keep open a firehouse/clubhouse that is not needed. That kind of money could produce great activities for the resident seniors and children for after-school programs but is used as welfare for the chosen few in camelot to continue the domino foreclosure effect that higher taxes are causing. IMO.

Guest Guest

Its amazing that theres seems to be a lot to be said about the condition of the new highschool and how its run. I think uniforms are a great idea and eliminate the wannabe gang appearance we were starting to get. Next, out for lunch? are you kidding? kids cant get to school on time in the morning and you want to give them another chance to be late to class. Sure its a little noisey with half the student population in there during either lunch period but there is little freedom thats allowed in the lunch room but violent and unacceptable behavior will not and is not tolerated. It also strikes me as strange that parents want to comment on things they havnt seen. I havnt seen a prent observe the cafeteria during lunch. Yet we take the students word that its a mess. Yeah right. They run a tight ship there, yes they do and it shows in the minimal amount of violent acts that occur in the school. With that being said I think Newark still allows their students out for lunch.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

[/q

The last time i checked in with my friends who are graduates of HHS, some were lawyers, accountants for big firms, chiropractors, teachers, etc., etc., etc., All doing just fine! Doesn't matter what high school you attended, if you work hard, you can do whatever you put your mind to. Stop blaming the school system for all of societies problems. It 's getting old.

Guest guest

[/q

The last time i checked in with my friends who are graduates of HHS, some were lawyers, accountants for big firms, chiropractors, teachers, etc., etc., etc., All doing just fine! Doesn't matter what high school you attended, if you work hard, you can do whatever you put your mind to. Stop blaming the school system for all of societies problems. It 's getting old.

That was before Abbott. Since Abbott, the school is worse. The real teachers retired. Who in the Harrison School System now can teach anyone the English language? Nobody.

Guest Guest
I think that the high school should only teach the **** ****** method of how to get rich without ever doing a days work. It can double as a training facility for the fireman. Just fill the gym with pillows and blankets and the kids will never complain. Give them ***** and just give them a paid expulsion when they mess up. IT wll be, in my opinion, the best high school in NJ. They can can also be registered at three different high schools at the same time and get three diplomas, like three pensions, at the same time. Now thats progressive leadership.

I find it amazing that every single topic of conversation on this Harrison board gets turned into a diatribe about the Fire Dept. Dude, you made your point. Give it a rest, please!