An honest dialogue on religion

Guest Paul

Guest 2smart4u
If you read PatRat's posts honestly, it will be clear.

Correction: If you could read PatRat's posts honestly, it would be clear to you.

Kool-Aid alert.

Guest Twizzler
I'm all about right and wrong, not every man for himself.

Maybe you are, but that's not what you wrote in post 2: "I learned a long time ago to be accepting of all things, PROVIDED their beliefs or principle do not have a direct, negative impact on me."

You even write it again when you continue:

I think we spend too much time worrying about others. I don't agree with Paul's beliefs, but I haven't asked him to abandon them. It works for him, and THAT works for me.

Do you see the problem?

Guest Twizzler
Personally I DONT CARE what you or yours Believe, or Dont believe. I may disagree with you, and think you are wrong..however that is your right. I dont think you are unintelligent or ignorant because of it. What i Demand, is the same consideration.

So what are you demanding? That no one care what you think? That no one criticize your beliefs? Just what demand are you making?

"Demand" is a strong word, especially considering your other comments.

If you read PatRat's posts honestly, it will be clear.

For example?

Correction: If you could read PatRat's posts honestly, it would be clear to you.

If you would provide an example I'll give it a try. Then we can compare notes afterward. Unless you're a coward?

Guest Keith
For example?

If you would provide an example I'll give it a try. Then we can compare notes afterward. Unless you're a coward?

Aren't you the one that's always bitching about ad hominem and name calling?

Aren't you the one that's always bitching about ad hominem and name calling?

If by "bitching" you mean I point out when an opponent relies on ad hominem (including name calling) I consistently point it up in order to rhetorically play up the paucity of reasoning, yes.

Otherwise, no. Feel free to keep digging into your three insult bag when you reply to my posts. Insults do not bother me. I'll simply point out to the reader that your approach to argumentation features the hallmarks of error.

In the current case, I'm answering a person who has made an implicit ad hominem attack ("If you could read PatRat's posts honestly, it would be clear to you") by challenging him to an examination of the evidence. If he backs out of presenting the evidence, I suggest that he does so out of cowardice, and based on the evidence the reader probably ought to agree. Though he may complain that he feels insulted, there is no ad hominem fallacy involved except on his part.

Do you think we should avoid the use of evidence when we argue, Keith?

Semper Fi. Marines.com