Early Retirement LOL

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The town treasurer would like to know if anyone is interested in Early Retirement? I am! Can they buy me out I only need 12 years lol. Are you kidding me, the program does not exist only for state workers. The reason why municipal employees (police and fire)cannot retire early is because the town of harrison did not pay into the pension fund for either departments for the past 8 years. see you at the next council meeting. and no leaving early mayor and council, take it on the chin like u deserve. misappropriation of funds

Guest Guest
The town treasurer would like to know if anyone is interested in Early Retirement? I am! Can they buy me out I only need 12 years lol. Are you kidding me, the program does not exist only for state workers. The reason why municipal employees (police and fire)cannot retire early is because the town of harrison did not pay into the pension fund for either departments for the past 8 years. see you at the next council meeting. and no leaving early mayor and council, take it on the chin like u deserve. misappropriation of funds

The "Bun" in the town hall should qualify for early retirement.

Guest CHACHA

I agree with you and ALL TOWM EMPLOYEES should attend the next town meeting. If you are concerned about your job attend the meeting on FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2008 AT 6PM. It is a disgrace that this town has abused the hiring practices and the jobs that it has created for family members. Now they want to lay off POLICE and FIREMEN the people that Harrison truly needs to be SAFE.

Guest Guest

I think that the town treasurer should retire herself. It is time that she along with many others decisde to leave and let Harrison balance out, shes overpaid. In most towns the Police Chief is the highest paid (no i'm not a cop), in our town it is the Treasurer that knows nothing about when meters are missing cash. If she had paid attention to her work then she would know that Harrison was being ripped off, its called checks and balances.

Guest funny

who's chin? they are have chins rolls and then some! is the chief going to arrest them? lol

Guest Guest

Prepare yourself, here come the crybabies!

Guest inspector Cluso
I think that the town treasurer should retire herself. It is time that she along with many others decisde to leave and let Harrison balance out, shes overpaid. In most towns the Police Chief is the highest paid (no i'm not a cop), in our town it is the Treasurer that knows nothing about when meters are missing cash. If she had paid attention to her work then she would know that Harrison was being ripped off, its called checks and balances.

I would like to know where the pension money was put? I know for a fact that it was taken out of my check. SO where did it go town treasurer? Mayor? Councilmen? that is the million dollar question. its not rocket science here did you spend it? And as stated in your letter with our PAYCHECKS the $882,000 is not an extra burden its money that was already taken out and should of been put in acct for when it was due. I think the mayor and the town treasurer should go to jail for mismanagement of funds!!!!!

Guest BlueTideBacker
I would like to know where the pension money was put? I know for a fact that it was taken out of my check. SO where did it go town treasurer? Mayor? Councilmen? that is the million dollar question. its not rocket science here did you spend it? And as stated in your letter with our PAYCHECKS the $882,000 is not an extra burden its money that was already taken out and should of been put in acct for when it was due. I think the mayor and the town treasurer should go to jail for mismanagement of funds!!!!!

I'm not a fan of this Mayor & Council but I want to correct what some think about this "pension money".

When the state allowed municipalities to skip contributions to the pension system, there was no stipulation

that the funds be saved for future years. The towns were free to do as they chose with the money. Most

towns simply spent the money elsewhere or reduced their budgets by some amount.

No one really thought they would have to make up those payments, the stock market (where most

pension funds are invested) was making money and the pension accounts were flush. Then the market

fell and suddenly the pension funds were bleeding money. Now there's a big deficit that must be made up

and the towns are crying. The skipped payments SHOULD have been put aside but Harrison didn't do

anything different than most every other town.

Guest Guest Accountant

I think that the Town Clerk is grossly overpaid. How can we hire some one who can handle the job with a lower salary? Also how can we hire some one who can do the job without help from outside attorney's? I would be embarassed if I were him. I was told that he and the Councilman who is being investigated fro conflicts of interest, are very very close. Should we start to clean house now? I think so.

Guest guest
I'm not a fan of this Mayor & Council but I want to correct what some think about this "pension money".

When the state allowed municipalities to skip contributions to the pension system, there was no stipulation

that the funds be saved for future years. The towns were free to do as they chose with the money. Most

No one really thought they would have to make up those payments, the stock market (where most

pension funds are invested) was making money and the pension accounts were flush. Then the market

fell and suddenly the pension funds were bleeding money. Now there's a big deficit that must be made up

and the towns are crying. The skipped payments SHOULD have been put aside but Harrison didn't do

As true as that sounds most municipalities have contributed back into the funds. Did Harrsion think the monies would never have to be put back? Harrison is the most mismanaged town in the state. I hate to say it but it sounds like they need a business administrator to come in and oversee the budget and mismanagement of this one square mile town. Chris Christie where are you?

Guest guest

Are you kidding me "you did not think they would not have to pay these payments"? How about we just do not pay our taxes because they went up? That is my FUC^ing money they were playing with. And for that Witman I would like to give her a piece of my mind. But once again what do you want the state to bail these corrupt, stupid, irresponsible, high school degree morons out again? what will happen when the state takes away the abbot funding? YOu better wake up. How would you like it if your boss took your pension contributions and spent it and then said they could not pay it back? OH wait you probably do not work you loser.

Guest *SAMMY*
Are you kidding me "you did not think they would not have to pay these payments"? How about we just do not pay our taxes because they went up? That is my FUC^ing money they were playing with. And for that Witman I would like to give her a piece of my mind. But once again what do you want the state to bail these corrupt, stupid, irresponsible, high school degree morons out again? what will happen when the state takes away the abbot funding? YOu better wake up. How would you like it if your boss took your pension contributions and spent it and then said they could not pay it back? OH wait you probably do not work you loser.

CHICKIE HAS TO GO

Guest Abe Lincoln
The "Bun" in the town hall should qualify for early retirement.

She's still around??

I met her as a young lady at my first debete with Steve Douglas.

Such a fashionable woman!!

Guest Guest

This is mostly true. There was no stipulation to put the money aside, but it was supposed to go to property tax relief.

Ask yourself, did your taxes go down??

Guest Guest
This is mostly true. There was no stipulation to put the money aside, but it was supposed to go to property tax relief.

Ask yourself, did your taxes go down??

Yes, my taxes went down by $50. Oh wait, I forgot...... I don't live in town.

Guest Wyatt Earp

Thanks for clearing that up Mr. ******, I forgot that you were also in the Banking Industry...Oh shit, I should have realized that when you take something you never put it back!!!!!

No wonder the Town is so f-**ed up.......

Guest BlueTideBacker
Thanks for clearing that up Mr. ******, I forgot that you were also in the Banking Industry...Oh shit, I should have realized that when you take something you never put it back!!!!!

No wonder the Town is so f-**ed up.......

English composition a problem for you, I see.

Guest Guest

Can you tell me who will actually retire? I doubt it. They'd rather stay and collect high salaries while others who make next to nothing will lose their jobs. Disgraceful.

Guest Guest

If the town gives me a severence pay of 100k like Tanski as well as my pension and benefits that he is keeping, I will leave tomorrow. If not, I will tie my hair up in a bun and see you in 70 years as I still collect. Happy days are here again..............

Guest Guest
If the town gives me a severence pay of 100k like Tanski as well as my pension and benefits that he is keeping, I will leave tomorrow. If not, I will tie my hair up in a bun and see you in 70 years as I still collect. Happy days are here again..............

why are there town employees collecting two salaries? the town and the redevelopment? conflict of interest? :angry:

Guest Guest

I just don't understand. Why the hell of all the people whom work for the town they would lay off the police. The fireman I can see. We don't many fires, they just sleep all night. I would like to get paid to sleep. Just keep a skeleton crew on for the EMS service and have volunteers like East Newark. What about cutting down in the Town Hall? Do we really need all thoes people in the Violation Department? How about the same in the Health Dept? What about all the Superintendants we have in this small town? Lets cut the big bucks not the little ones. Cutting the crossings guards won't do very much. Leave them alone. Most of them are single Moms or don't have any skills to do anything else. The town Hall peoples can get office jobs. They also should make the old ones like Marion Borek retire. Is it really necessary for our mayor to have 2 secretaties? Both making over $100,000! Her salery and benefits alone would save the town alot of money ! I am sure Joanie or one of the girls in the Violation Department could do her job at 1/2 the salary. Thats how most businesses cut back. They get rid the the people that make the big bucks and promote the people that make less money to that position but do not give them that salary. They get a raise not a fortune!

Guest guest
I just don't understand. Why the hell of all the people whom work for the town they would lay off the police. The fireman I can see. We don't many fires, they just sleep all night. I would like to get paid to sleep. Just keep a skeleton crew on for the EMS service and have volunteers like East Newark. What about cutting down in the Town Hall? Do we really need all thoes people in the Violation Department? How about the same in the Health Dept? What about all the Superintendants we have in this small town? Lets cut the big bucks not the little ones. Cutting the crossings guards won't do very much. Leave them alone. Most of them are single Moms or don't have any skills to do anything else. The town Hall peoples can get office jobs. They also should make the old ones like Marion Borek retire. Is it really necessary for our mayor to have 2 secretaties? Both making over $100,000! Her salery and benefits alone would save the town alot of money ! I am sure Joanie or one of the girls in the Violation Department could do her job at 1/2 the salary. Thats how most businesses cut back. They get rid the the people that make the big bucks and promote the people that make less money to that position but do not give them that salary. They get a raise not a fortune!

You must be a crossing guard, because you do not have writing skills.

Guest Guest

Marion. ohhhhhh Marion............ time to retire. 2 to 3 policeman hired right there with the payroll on that one. What do you do Marion? Exactly?

Guest Barney
You must be a crossing guard, because you do not have writing skills.

I'm sure glad that I moved to Southern Ocean County. How can anyone live in Harrison? The weather is getting nice down here and I think I'll go to the Surf City Beach and then after to the Elks where I meet fellow ex-Harrisonians and talk about how good we have it down here.

I could see them laying off Fireman but not the Police. They at least try to keep the Town safe. Keep the cops and lay off the firemen. They get paid to sleep, eat and watch TV. And if they have a fire, 5 -alarm Tommy calls immediately for mutual aid. Then the East Newark Volunteers bail them out.

Guest guest
I'm sure glad that I moved to Southern Ocean County. How can anyone live in Harrison? The weather is getting nice down here and I think I'll go to the Surf City Beach and then after to the Elks where I meet fellow ex-Harrisonians and talk about how good we have it down here.

I could see them laying off Fireman but not the Police. They at least try to keep the Town safe. Keep the cops and lay off the firemen. They get paid to sleep, eat and watch TV. And if they have a fire, 5 -alarm Tommy calls immediately for mutual aid. Then the East Newark Volunteers bail them out.

The only thing the cops keep safe is themselves. They should start doing thier job, and stop complaining, why is that everyone is afraid to drive though N.A., but in Harrison, no one is worried about the cops. They are too busy crying on this web site instead of doing thier work that no one is ever things twice of doing what they want in town. They don't need more men, they need some men.