Town Cutting PD Budget & Reducing Officers

Guest He Who Knows

Guest He Who Knows

Seems Mayor McD**ba** and his band of merry fellows has told Dept. Heads to trim their budgets!!

This seems like the right thing to do, but you have to staqy away from the public safety Dept. ie: Police & Fire...

Chief Kearns has been asked to further reduce jhis force from an all time low of 53 sworn Police Officers to 43 Officers.....

Wholly shit this is absurd, the Town is in the grips of the highest violent crime rate that its ever seen & its only March....

My suggestion to the Mayor and Council is to leavce the Poloice & Fire the F-ck alone and cut your own family members and friends, and maybe return all the money that was pocketed over ther administration, hell with that we could probably run NYC for a year or two.

Cut Bob Murray, The Powells, The Woods, The Catrambones, Paul Zarbetski, The Higgins Family, The Dolaghan Family... etc.............

Thats Millions of dollars in savings....

Guest Dewey

Cut Bob Murray, The Powells, The Woods, The Catrambones, Paul Zarbetski, The Higgins Family, The Dolaghan Family... etc.............

Thats absolutely right. We have the only town that hires a lawyer @ $300K to oversee a lawer @ $150K, and yet all the "workers" stand to suffer the most. What about a certain someone whp collects "3" salaries in her 8-4 job. Geeez, now they are "triple dippin'"

Guest Guest
Seems Mayor McD**ba** and his band of merry fellows has told Dept. Heads to trim their budgets!!

This seems like the right thing to do, but you have to staqy away from the public safety Dept. ie: Police & Fire...

Chief Kearns has been asked to further reduce jhis force from an all time low of 53 sworn Police Officers to 43 Officers.....

Wholly shit this is absurd, the Town is in the grips of the highest violent crime rate that its ever seen & its only March....

My suggestion to the Mayor and Council is to leavce the Poloice & Fire the F-ck alone and cut your own family members and friends, and maybe return all the money that was pocketed over ther administration, hell with that we could probably run NYC for a year or two.

Try putting some of the dectectives back in uniform instead of doing nothing along with the names you name As for the crime in town they will tell you WE ARE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!! The uniformed police are fewer than the DB They stand arround smoking and on cell phones plus when they do take a ride no one has seat belts and the phones are still stuck to their ear isn't there a law against that or is that only for the public?

Guest Elberon Club

Aside from the Afore-mentioned!

We have to include a serious look at the School Administration, Harrison has more Superintendents then the Newark school District, Principals, V-Principals, Administrative Program Directors, Director of This, Director of That, isn't something wrong with this picture, plus they have the Night-School and many of the Day School personnel are Night-School personnel, double dipping, pensions, benefits. I've been around for a long time, when is the accountability going to stick its head up and send these characters packing.

Guest GUEST

That is about as much as I can stand!!!!! Something has to be done, why in the hell would you even think to cut down police officers when we don't have enough as it is? We can live with 40 Firemen but we need more cops. Watch the crime grow now.....what an a-hole. Stupid!

Here is a suggestion start in your own department (Mayor's Office), get the 90 year old out that makes over 100,000, and cut the other clerk to part time and cut her 100,000 down to 45,000 whay it should be...then make your way to the ticket place where you don't need 30 people and where people are overpaid and cut from there, then head down to the DPW and clean house, get rid of the Boss who has a criminal history, (Why wasn't there a background check on him?), get rid of all the people who drive around wasting gas or sitting still outside the Spa Lunch place burning gas doing nothing.

Then maybe you can get your boy Gov. Corzine on the line and ask for an early retirement buyout.

This is an absolute joke! You shit your pants with the election and hired all these morons who probably didn't even vote for you, then you get rid of the cops?? the people we NEED and NEED badly....you must be out of your mind, we have gangs here, terrorist, guns, EDP's and hood scums all over..... THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST BULLSHIT I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!

Guest Guest

Can't cut any of them. They are all the Royalty of Harrison.

Why should the town be asked to cut Police Officers? You see, most of the crime occurs at night when all of the top earners go out of town to wherever they live. They are not in any danger. The taxes are so high (and are going up - again) so where is all that money going? Look at the towns royalty and you will find the answer. Someone spoke about gangs in Harrison. Just wait till the Latin Kings or MS13 plant their flag in Harrison, then you will see real gangs like in Newark or Jersey City. These cities have a thousand cops or more and still can't keep up. Cut the Fire Budget, the health dept., the nepotism jobs and that will free up a ton of cash. In my opinion, if they cut cops just go on need to go calls and do not stop any cars. If you directly see a crime, act. If not, don't do a damn thing because you're gonna get hurt. If you do get hurt, sue the town for putting you life on the line like you are now. The cops have families too and love them just as much as the rest. All I can say is to run up the unlimited sicktime and get you're AFLAC also. Good luck guys.

Guest Guest

If The Mayor didn't think that Town needed cuts he wouldnt do it. Chief Kearns has enough to worry about without a bunch of malcontent jackass'es begging for promotions everytime there's a test. Believe me that is all the above post is about PROMOTIONS! They will try anything to get what they want. The P.D. can run with reduced manpower! A town is like a big business and it cost money to have quality people running things. Leave the names of the franchise players out of it! If it wasn't for them, there would'nt be you. Remember that! As for the H.F.D. it is a classy run outfit that is always proactive and they present themselves very well. The H.P.D. on the other hand alway's whined and griped! They have everything that they need and still constantly complain. If I hear one more thing about promotions in the H.P.D. im going to spontaniously combust! It's so obvious that the Chief is only as good as his men. Garbage Cops don't get promoted PERIOD! and that's all that keeps coming out on the top of the lists. so stop begging, be men and show some class. When Harrison is finished it will be a showplace and the envy every town in the state. So shut up, give the Mayor and his team a chance and when all is said and done the whole town will be rewarded! Chief Kearns had better get things moving with what he has or he will be gone. With such a High Crime Rate he had better do someting with what he has or the residents will start knocking on his door with Pitchforks and Torches! Remember a High Crime Rate is a reflection of the H.P.D. and if they can't do anything to stop it replace it's manager?

Guest E.Ness

I don't know what scares me more the lack of Police protection or the fact that the Mayor countines to slash and reduce the PD to save money. What also is questionable is the fact that the rep from the DCA had no idea that a reduction was to be made. Seems just like last year when the aid was slashed and the Cops challenged the mayor and contacted the DCA, what happened NO cuts in the DEPT but the town was put on hiring freeze :lol::lol:;)

Cut the size of the PD + hundreds of new condos + hundreds of new three families + Redbull Park + Harrison Metrocentre=

more Violent crime, thefts, burglaries, auto thefts for the Citizens of Harrison. Unless something happens to the Mayor and Councils friends and family.

Please citizens of Harrison wake up!!!!!! 50 plus on the DPW, 12 in Violations, 2 clerks for the mayor for the Mayor of a 1 mile square town, 10 in the Health Dept, over 40 Crossing Guards, 30 in the Town Hall and countless so called part-time jobs.

Remember all the Cities, Towns and Boro's had five years of pension relief where did all of Harrison's money go ??????

I guess to all of the jobs listed above.

The only thing that the Mayor and Council seem to all agree on is how reward themseleves, family members, friends and political supporters with jobs.

Guest Guest
I don't know what scares me more the lack of Police protection or the fact that the Mayor countines to slash and reduce the PD to save money. What also is questionable is the fact that the rep from the DCA had no idea that a reduction was to be made. Seems just like last year when the aid was slashed and the Cops challenged the mayor and contacted the DCA, what happened NO cuts in the DEPT but the town was put on hiring freeze ;););)

Cut the size of the PD + hundreds of new condos + hundreds of new three families + Redbull Park + Harrison Metrocentre=

more Violent crime, thefts, burglaries, auto thefts for the Citizens of Harrison. Unless something happens to the Mayor and Councils friends and family.

Please citizens of Harrison wake up!!!!!! 50 plus on the DPW, 12 in Violations, 2 clerks for the mayor for the Mayor of a 1 mile square town, 10 in the Health Dept, over 40 Crossing Guards, 30 in the Town Hall and countless so called part-time jobs.

Remember all the Cities, Towns and Boro's had five years of pension relief where did all of Harrison's money go ??????

I guess to all of the jobs listed above.

The only thing that the Mayor and Council seem to all agree on is how reward themseleves, family members, friends and political supporters with jobs.

The Town of Harrison was "Camelot" It is now known as "Catalot"

Guest Guest
If The Mayor didn't think that Town needed cuts he wouldnt do it. Chief Kearns has enough to worry about without a bunch of malcontent jackass'es begging for promotions everytime there's a test. Believe me that is all the above post is about PROMOTIONS! They will try anything to get what they want. The P.D. can run with reduced manpower! A town is like a big business and it cost money to have quality people running things. Leave the names of the franchise players out of it! If it wasn't for them, there would'nt be you. Remember that! As for the H.F.D. it is a classy run outfit that is always proactive and they present themselves very well. The H.P.D. on the other hand alway's whined and griped! They have everything that they need and still constantly complain. If I hear one more thing about promotions in the H.P.D. im going to spontaniously combust! It's so obvious that the Chief is only as good as his men. Garbage Cops don't get promoted PERIOD! and that's all that keeps coming out on the top of the lists. so stop begging, be men and show some class. When Harrison is finished it will be a showplace and the envy every town in the state. So shut up, give the Mayor and his team a chance and when all is said and done the whole town will be rewarded! Chief Kearns had better get things moving with what he has or he will be gone. With such a High Crime Rate he had better do someting with what he has or the residents will start knocking on his door with Pitchforks and Torches! Remember a High Crime Rate is a reflection of the H.P.D. and if they can't do anything to stop it replace it's manager?

Yeah well the cops are lucky they can get to the location of the crime in the piece of shit cars they are driving, none of them work and the police cars are getting fixed at the Town Garage so that right there tells you why they don't work, they do not have working equipment, the radios are horrible...what are they supposed to do??? The town is going to crumble I can't wait till all their houses get robbed then they will stop the denial fantasy that they are living thinking there is no crime in Harrison.

WE NEED THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest gossip birdie

a-hole take your head out of the mayor's a*s and come up for air! you must be one of his farts ex councilmen! AMAZING HOW YOU STILL MANAGE TO LINGER AROUND and collect your kickback must be tough when now you rely on your "special friend" for the lastest gossip in town. you know that two timing job holder who is only using you to keep and get jobs for the rest of her family members. the one that is two faced and laughs at your boss from pvs! sucker ! so old and stupid! too bad she shares herself with the pd too.

Guest guest

Are you kidding me. You sound like one of the zombies that has voted for this administration over and over again. God Forbid it's your wife or daughter, son getting their butts kicked by gand members. Yes they are alive and well in Harrison you arrogant asshole. Walk a day in the officers shoes and you will see the crap they deal with everyday. And for the firemen they do there job just like the cops so leave well enough alone.

Guest guest

The Town of Harrison is the most mismanaged Town in the state. They failed to pay into the Police and Firemens pension fund for over 8 years. Now for there stupidity we as town residents have to feel the pain of less officers and firemen to protect our town. Are you kidding me. Every dollar given to this town by the state is misallocated and given to different departments then were the money should have gone. Support your police and firemen and show up at the next council meeting. Layoffs are coming to both departments and all of this redevelopment will be for nothing without the proper fire and police protection. And by the way the monies put aside for the pension funds, were did it go? Good question.

Guest *Taxpayer*
The Town of Harrison is the most mismanaged Town in the state. They failed to pay into the Police and Firemens pension fund for over 8 years. Now for there stupidity we as town residents have to feel the pain of less officers and firemen to protect our town. Are you kidding me. Every dollar given to this town by the state is misallocated and given to different departments then were the money should have gone. Support your police and firemen and show up at the next council meeting. Layoffs are coming to both departments and all of this redevelopment will be for nothing without the proper fire and police protection. And by the way the monies put aside for the pension funds, were did it go? Good question.

I have a solution why don't you take away the health benefits from the councilman and if a family member works in town give them 1 set of benefits. UMMM it does not take a rocket scientist to know that you can save money there. DO we really need 40 Crossing guards in town? or how about 50 DPW workers ( They do not even do the recyclables anymore, come on now we pay a private company to do that). What about all the violation workers I think its about 10 there? and the health dept. Maybe 5 or 6 in there. Want to trim the fat well you need to start looking at the obvious Why don't they start looking for ways to get the people that are at the brink of retirement and get them out. There a quite a few that would go and free up millions of dollars. But I guess thats too easy to figure out. Also how about that ******* attorney Murray why do we need to pay him when we have a double salaried attorney on staff? sorry to rant here but come on its not that hard to see what could be cut here. See you at the next town meeting SHOW UP>

Guest Harry

How to survive the money crisis. Keep those who bring in the money for Harrison. Pete Higgins brings it in and Murray protects it. They will guide Harrison back to prosperity.

Guest Guest
Yeah well the cops are lucky they can get to the location of the crime in the piece of shit cars they are driving, none of them work and the police cars are getting fixed at the Town Garage so that right there tells you why they don't work, they do not have working equipment, the radios are horrible...what are they supposed to do??? The town is going to crumble I can't wait till all their houses get robbed then they will stop the denial fantasy that they are living thinking there is no crime in Harrison.

WE NEED THE COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Policeman... You have got to be a cop to know where the cars are being fixed and the bad radios

WE NEED COPS yes I agree the crime is raging but no one admits it go to the Bergen Mall after 10PM and there you will see the scum hanging arround but you won't see is the police!!!!!!!!!!

Quit the double talk and DO YOUR JOB

Guest Squid

Well, the chickens have come to roost. There will be demotions an layoffs on the Fire Dept. and a demotion on the Police Dept of a high ranking official. There also will be layoffs throughout the other departments. The Town is several million in the red even after getting 6.6 million from the State. What can they do? The HFD has to merge with the East Newark Volunteer FD and the HPD has to merge with the East Newark PD. East Newark shouldn't even exist and all State aid should be eliminated forcing it to merge. This is the only way out of this fiscal mess. Another idea is to do away with the Police and Fire Chiefs and make 1 civilian director of Public Safety. It would save several 100 thousands.

Guest Guest
Try putting some of the dectectives back in uniform instead of doing nothing along with the names you name As for the crime in town they will tell you WE ARE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!! The uniformed police are fewer than the DB They stand arround smoking and on cell phones plus when they do take a ride no one has seat belts and the phones are still stuck to their ear isn't there a law against that or is that only for the public?

You asshole look at the bigger picture. If officers get cut just stay home and blockade yourself in. The streets won't be safe. Thank God for the internet you can order all your needs and live in your fantasy that just because an officer was on the phone he somehow didn't respond when needed

Guest Guest

reread this first you say reduce cops, then you say high crime rate. Doesn't make sense. You think the rate won't go up with less cops.

Guest Oscar

If you think that one of the towns royalty is gonna lose a job or take a pay cut you have to be crazy. In my opinion, this is where Big Ray gets most of his envelopes from. Nothing is going to change. ****** signed a *** **** ****** so he is about done. He was *** ***** ** * ***** and things are being run from behind the scenes. He has no say so why get mad at him. He is just playing ball just like the rest of them. The "big shots" have already calculated their moves and can leave at any time because they do not live in town. They have homes down the shore already. It would take a Presedential order to get rid of a fireman so you can forget that. The taxes are going to put foreclosures at a fire sale and you will see who moves in. The taxes are going to go up dramatically so your savings will be depleted if you have any. To the decent working people, just place your valuables on your porch before going to work so you can at least you do not have to pay for your door being kicked in. The royalty can always get section 8 to pay for their rental properties when they leave so they will still get their rents. Sharpe James looks less corrupt than McDonough. One of the firehouses could be sold to the Latin Kings for $1 because they are on the way. BELIEVE IT. You have no idea of what real crime is!! Thats probably the only way the 40 cops to work 7 days a week, 24 hours a day can keep an eye on them. The cops should make use of the unlimited sick time and do only the absolute minimum amount of work when they come in. There it is, have a happy summer in shitville while I lounge down in Point Pleasant.

Guest Guest
reread this first you say reduce cops, then you say high crime rate. Doesn't make sense. You think the rate won't go up with less cops.
You cops have had enough chances its time to try someting new! If the Mayor makes more cops and the high crime rate(which you cops made up to get promotions) doesnt come down then were stuck with alot of lazy bums that are impossible to get rid of. When the pd asks for more men it just means that they want more promotions! Stop making up the high crime crap or prove it. If the mayor gives in and promotes its only because of his helper helping her family AGAIN!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Can u say MISAPPROPRIATION of funds!!!!!!!

Pay to play

Guest Guest
Well, the chickens have come to roost. There will be demotions an layoffs on the Fire Dept. and a demotion on the Police Dept of a high ranking official. There also will be layoffs throughout the other departments. The Town is several million in the red even after getting 6.6 million from the State. What can they do? The HFD has to merge with the East Newark Volunteer FD and the HPD has to merge with the East Newark PD. East Newark shouldn't even exist and all State aid should be eliminated forcing it to merge. This is the only way out of this fiscal mess. Another idea is to do away with the Police and Fire Chiefs and make 1 civilian director of Public Safety. It would save several 100 thousands.

Or we can get rid of 2 of the 3 superintendants running the schools who make 150 grand a year!!!!!

Guest Jim Naztiks

I agree with a public safety director. Let it be Tom Powell for the job!