What do Police Officers and Fire Fighters have in common?

Guest Guest

Guest Tabby

How many fires have the hfd bravest put out in 2008. My guess is none, 0, nada, .....so just shut up and go back to bed. How do you look at yourself in the mirror then lie to your children when they ask you if you put out a fire and you have to make up some bs story to tell them. Where do you get the spray to put on the fire jackets that smells like smoke because it damn well didn't come from youat a fire. You are a complete disgrace hiding in the firehouse with the door locked because you are afraid of danger. You die a little bit every day as a coward and I bet your wives find some real men, like cops, when you are work to satisfy them!!

Guest Guest
How many fires have the hfd bravest put out in 2008. My guess is none, 0, nada, .....so just shut up and go back to bed. How do you look at yourself in the mirror then lie to your children when they ask you if you put out a fire and you have to make up some bs story to tell them. Where do you get the spray to put on the fire jackets that smells like smoke because it damn well didn't come from youat a fire. You are a complete disgrace hiding in the firehouse with the door locked because you are afraid of danger. You die a little bit every day as a coward and I bet your wives find some real men, like cops, when you are work to satisfy them!!

LOL.....Spoken like a true cop. Unhappy with your inadequate job always being told maybe one day you'll be a real man and grow up to be a firefighter.

Guest Retired Fire Officer

Another bitter, angry cop that's come to the realization that he's in the wrong job. I hope you're not beating your wife.

In my opinion, you being the bravest, why are you afraid to submit to random drug tests when the cops have no problem with it. Now a real man wouldn't hide from a plastic cup if they didn't have something to hide. I suggest that instead of drug tests the town pay for paternity tests for the HFD. This way the little ones wouldn't speak their first words, "DA-DA," when they see a cop.

If the person who keeps insisting that cops beat their wives, knows someone is doing this and doesn't intervene to help the women you are just as bad. Maybe its actually you trying to see if someone else is doing what you seem to find a common occurence in your choice of career. SERIOUSLY, if you think that domestic violence and wife beating is a joke, GET HELP!! You are sick and in need of mental evaluation and possibly sent into a mental institution for anger management.

Guest Tabby

The HFD can manage to get even an extra $10,000.00 if they go to and petition the cops for child support. Good luck to all of you and remember the cuteness when they call a cop, "DA-DA." Thats my opinion anyway.

Guest Tabby

Regarding the post I made before the mud slinging started, I pay a hell of alot of taxes in this town and a large amount, maybe the largest, goes to the HFD. Once again, can someone in the fire dept. give me the information on how many fires the HFD has put out this year. It must be none because the subject was quickly changed. Why can't we join forces with Kearny and E. Newark if this service is not used. That is my opinion on how to save money as I read that most fireman make triple figures when a volunteer group can do the same job. A $2,000.00 or 3,000.00 cut on my taxes would be great or I am going to have to move. Please answer my question with an honest answer. Thank you.

Guest Guest
In my opinion, you being the bravest, why are you afraid to submit to random drug tests when the cops have no problem with it. Now a real man wouldn't hide from a plastic cup if they didn't have something to hide. I suggest that instead of drug tests the town pay for paternity tests for the HFD. This way the little ones wouldn't speak their first words, "DA-DA," when they see a cop.

The fact that cops commit adultery shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. You're used to sneaking around.

Guest Guest
The HFD can manage to get even an extra $10,000.00 if they go to and petition the cops for child support. Good luck to all of you and remember the cuteness when they call a cop, "DA-DA." Thats my opinion anyway.

H.P.D. Stands for 'High Paid Derelicts' or 'High Paid Disgraces' Take your pick both fit very well!

Guest Tabby

Onceagain the original question is deflected by the fireman because they know the answer to the question of how many fires their $7,000,000.00 Fire Department is 0, none. Disband it, get volunteers, and lower the damn taxes. It is a clubhouse where the few selected grown men are given jobs thru nepotism - white mans $100,000.00 welfare is alive and well in Harrison.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
Onceagain the original question is deflected by the fireman because they know the answer to the question of how many fires their $7,000,000.00 Fire Department is 0, none. Disband it, get volunteers, and lower the damn taxes. It is a clubhouse where the few selected grown men are given jobs thru nepotism - white mans $100,000.00 welfare is alive and well in Harrison.

If you spent as much time studying for the sargeant's exam as you do posting your nonsense here, you wouldn't have failed the test.

Better luck next time, loser.

Guest Tabby

Once again an attempt by the HFD to change the subject as to their lack of usefullness by mentioned the sgts. test. 58 firegirls plus a private secretary and you are still putting off the answer to my original question....How many fires have you put out this year? How do you justify your "job" to the taxpayers. You can't. You do nothing but sleep, eat , crap, watch tv, then head back out of town to wherever you live. I know if there are no fires what do people expect you to do? The answer is not we just have to wait, it is to immediatley downsize and go to volunteers. Taking large pay cuts is another answer. Face facts, you are just not needed and the significant reduction in tax bills will improve peoples lives. People cannot even pay their car insurance because of the great tax burden you put on the residents. Thats just one of a hundred examples of what can be done with the money. Many of you only have these "jobs" thru nepotism. I can only hope the state or feds will review the records and the money trail. if you do not have marketable skills to do something else thats not my problem. Peace.

Guest Guest

And how much do you charge for a ride in your shinny ambulance?? and how does that $$$ filter into your salary???????? HMMMMMMMMMMM

THE BELL TOLLS...THE END IS NEARRRRRRRRRRRR

Guest Guest
Once again an attempt by the HFD to change the subject as to their lack of usefullness by mentioned the sgts. test. 58 firegirls plus a private secretary and you are still putting off the answer to my original question....How many fires have you put out this year? How do you justify your "job" to the taxpayers. You can't. You do nothing but sleep, eat , crap, watch tv, then head back out of town to wherever you live. I know if there are no fires what do people expect you to do? The answer is not we just have to wait, it is to immediatley downsize and go to volunteers. Taking large pay cuts is another answer. Face facts, you are just not needed and the significant reduction in tax bills will improve peoples lives. People cannot even pay their car insurance because of the great tax burden you put on the residents. Thats just one of a hundred examples of what can be done with the money. Many of you only have these "jobs" thru nepotism. I can only hope the state or feds will review the records and the money trail. if you do not have marketable skills to do something else thats not my problem. Peace.

You are exactly correct, this is the only way to stabalize taxes and improve the quality of life here in Harrison. I know it is not exactly an easy thing to do since most of these Firefighters are cushioned by the job they hold, and we all know that in Harrison they are not putting their life at risk most of time. When there is a fire they do put themselves outthere because they get paid for being firefighters. We do not need to pay these 58 or so men so much money in this one square mile town , come on we all know that this is rediculous and we all know these guys do the job that they are here to do?????? no fires, thank god.... We need to stop HIRING AS THEY RETIRE. WE DESPERATELY NEED A VOLUNTEER CREW, volunteers are proven in many other communities, larger communities, to work. So lets stop this crap about giving everyone and their mother jobs and let's start thinking about HARRISON MAYOR.

Guest Guest
You are exactly correct, this is the only way to stabalize taxes and improve the quality of life here in Harrison. I know it is not exactly an easy thing to do since most of these Firefighters are cushioned by the job they hold, and we all know that in Harrison they are not putting their life at risk most of time. When there is a fire they do put themselves outthere because they get paid for being firefighters. We do not need to pay these 58 or so men so much money in this one square mile town , come on we all know that this is rediculous and we all know these guys do the job that they are here to do?????? no fires, thank god.... We need to stop HIRING AS THEY RETIRE. WE DESPERATELY NEED A VOLUNTEER CREW, volunteers are proven in many other communities, larger communities, to work. So lets stop this crap about giving everyone and their mother jobs and let's start thinking about HARRISON MAYOR.

You people think that all the FD does is put out fires? They run both ambulances in town, they get called out to service calls ie smells of gas CO leaks and such. Also who is going to cut you out of a car when there is a crash? No the PD. You need a paid fire department in Harrison. If you got volunteers the town would be 100 time worse off than it is now. Yes maybe there should be one big department for the 3 towns on the West Hudson side, or better yet just make one big fire department that covers the whole county. LA county does it, why cant Hudson. But to say you dont need a paid fire department is ludacris. Especially when you get volunteers in, the service goes way down. Trust me.

Guest Guest

Please. Volunteers are never as good as paid fire fighters. If anything the 3 towns should just merge both FD's and PD's. Actually hudson county should just have one paid fd like L.A county does. That would save a ton of money.

Guest Harrison's Bravest

Dear Tabby,

Just wanted to let you know that when I get into my warm bed tonight I'll be thinking of you , parked in West Hudson Park in your squad car

and your box of Dunkin Donuts. You'll be dreaming of how it could have been for you if you had only taken the F.D. test instead of the P.D.test.

I'll be dreaming of the next 3 days that I have off. Don't get indigestion from all those donuts, lardass.

Guest firebug
You people think that all the FD does is put out fires? They run both ambulances in town, they get called out to service calls ie smells of gas CO leaks and such. Also who is going to cut you out of a car when there is a crash? No the PD. You need a paid fire department in Harrison. If you got volunteers the town would be 100 time worse off than it is now. Yes maybe there should be one big department for the 3 towns on the West Hudson side, or better yet just make one big fire department that covers the whole county. LA county does it, why cant Hudson. But to say you dont need a paid fire department is ludacris. Especially when you get volunteers in, the service goes way down. Trust me.

what planet are you living on? our hfd can't manage to turn on their deluxe stove without calling kearny jersey city even east newark. their chief is an **** ****** ***** **** who uses his *** to give ***** and tfor ******** *** ********* the ********* are ******** the ****. hell more then half of the dept needs to lose weight. they get lazier by the day. they did away with them getting calls at the fire house so they can all sleep. they inflate their medical calls by sending all their equipment out. the only smells they know are the line of sh*t they keep posting here. you have no clue as too what goes on and how this group is apparently the golden children what they want they get at taxpayers cost. so next time you see one of them posing for a photo opportunity ask yourself HOW MUCH MONEY IS THIS FAT SLOB MAKING? WHO DID HE SHAKE DOWN TODAY? MORE IMPORTANT IS HE SOBER!!!!!

Guest Tabby

Can the Observer please print the picture and article about the firemans bookshelf again. NONE of it was paid for by an FD member, 100% donated. Maybe one of the firemans kids that has an HPD Officer has as a father can get into Harvard. Then again, with Nepotism the kid could always be a fireman. LOL

Guest Tabby

There you have it taxpayers...straight from the firemens mouths to your ears. They lay in bed all night all warm and comfortable then get three days off while you are possibly working 2 jobs to pay your rent or mortgage. THEY SAID IT, NOT ME. THAT IS THE ARROGANCE THEY HAVE AND HOW THEY THINK OF THE RESIDENTS. SLEEPING THEN LEAVING TOWN FOR THEIR 3 DAYS OFF. Meanwhile they are making triple figures to do nothing x 58 men equals quite a large chunk of your tax bill. They indeed have hit the nepotism and friend of the Mayors lottery. In my opinion this non-essential service is not needed or needs to be scaled down to a far less monetary concern. Three cops per shift and 10 firemen per shift is appauling and unsafe. Their statement rubs it right into your face. They still did not answer the question I first proposed about how many fires they have put out this year. THE ANSWER IS ZERO. They also have a well paid secretary (Tanski's daughter). They cannot even stay awake to answer the phone. It is just a clubhouse they go to once or twice a week, not counting overtime. If you are happy with this situation so be it, but the 2 or 3 thousand your taxes can be lowered by addessing this issue would be great for all, and there would be no lack of service because all they do is the ambulance. They list every call, including grocery trips as a call for service but do not be fooled. Good Luck.

Guest Harrison's Bravest
There you have it taxpayers...straight from the firemens mouths to your ears. They lay in bed all night all warm and comfortable then get three days off while you are possibly working 2 jobs to pay your rent or mortgage. THEY SAID IT, NOT ME. THAT IS THE ARROGANCE THEY HAVE AND HOW THEY THINK OF THE RESIDENTS. SLEEPING THEN LEAVING TOWN FOR THEIR 3 DAYS OFF. Meanwhile they are making triple figures to do nothing x 58 men equals quite a large chunk of your tax bill. They indeed have hit the nepotism and friend of the Mayors lottery. In my opinion this non-essential service is not needed or needs to be scaled down to a far less monetary concern. Three cops per shift and 10 firemen per shift is appauling and unsafe. Their statement rubs it right into your face. They still did not answer the question I first proposed about how many fires they have put out this year. THE ANSWER IS ZERO. They also have a well paid secretary (Tanski's daughter). They cannot even stay awake to answer the phone. It is just a clubhouse they go to once or twice a week, not counting overtime. If you are happy with this situation so be it, but the 2 or 3 thousand your taxes can be lowered by addessing this issue would be great for all, and there would be no lack of service because all they do is the ambulance. They list every call, including grocery trips as a call for service but do not be fooled. Good Luck.

Dear Tabby,

The next time you're working days, stop in the firehouse for lunch. We'll cook you a big steak and lobster tail (sure beats those donuts). LOL

Guest Sal Manilla

I think Tabby should be awarded Harrison's "Most Disgruntled Town Employee of the Year" award. He really should win it outright but if he is from a connected family which has turned sour, he will be rewarded in the long run after his family sweetens up to the mayor. Then Tabby will be happy and you won't hear a peep out of him.

Guest Guest
Do you know why God invented cops?

So firefighters could have hero's too!

It took you pigs that long to think up that zinger? Good thing you have all that time on your hands to think up that gem.