Congrats!

Guest LeROY

To the 4-6 new firemen hired last week covertly by the town. Hitting the lottery sure must feel good. The residents can listen to the Beatles song named "TAXMAN" while reading this post. Also, congrats to the three cops who lead the list from the recent exam. They had a smart and experienced officer in that capacity already as "acting SGT." He came out #* twice on two tests, lives in town, was beneficial because he spoke Portugese, but was not promoted because the Mayor did not like him. The #* guy has been a double agent so he will be promoted. The #* guy has been out of work and "sick" for about 5 of his 12 years on the force, and #* is a definate because McD**ba** owes *** ****** ** *** a solid for making ********** the **** ***** instead of him. Good work you kiss asses. The fireman were obviously hired due to nepotism (I just don't know who) and the new Sgt. 1,2 and 3 can supervise the 1 or 2 cops that are actually working. This is all paid for by the residents. Happy, happy, joy, joy!! When you cannot make your rent or mortgage payments and your kids suffer and engage in crime instead of sports just to eat properly you can thank the fireguys, but that fortress is locked down tighter than the white house so they do not have to wake up. Out of sight, out of mind for 7 million a year. That is my opinion

Guest Guest
To the 4-6 new firemen hired last week covertly by the town. Hitting the lottery sure must feel good. The residents can listen to the Beatles song named "TAXMAN" while reading this post. Also, congrats to the three cops who lead the list from the recent exam. They had a smart and experienced officer in that capacity already as "acting SGT." He came out #* twice on two tests, lives in town, was beneficial because he spoke Portugese, but was not promoted because the Mayor did not like him. The #* guy has been a double agent so he will be promoted. The #* guy has been out of work and "sick" for about 5 of his 12 years on the force, and #* is a definate because McD**ba** owes *** ****** ** *** a solid for making ********** the **** ***** instead of him. Good work you kiss asses. The fireman were obviously hired due to nepotism (I just don't know who) and the new Sgt. 1,2 and 3 can supervise the 1 or 2 cops that are actually working. This is all paid for by the residents. Happy, happy, joy, joy!! When you cannot make your rent or mortgage payments and your kids suffer and engage in crime instead of sports just to eat properly you can thank the fireguys, but that fortress is locked down tighter than the white house so they do not have to wake up. Out of sight, out of mind for 7 million a year. That is my opinion

Sounds like another disgruntled cop (read crybaby) who failed the Firemans test.

Guest The Wiley One

Sorry to hear about your score, sorry to hear that you don't like firemen either, just remember that when your silly ass is in need of some help all 90 street department worker will not respond, it will be one of the two department s that you dispise....

We all know that there are way too many firemen and not enough cops, well that is except for the Mayor and the rest of the booble heads, with that being said you might consider moving out of town quickly if the political morons (w/a few exceptions) don't hire more cops soon...

PS Good Luck next time

Guest LeRoy

Apparently my message was taken out of context. True, I think that firemen are useless and that its not a mans job. It should be strictly voluntary because its just a dumping ground for the elite families of Harrison and friends of the Mayor causing astonomical taxes on the residents who are getting the shaft. They wouldn't like it if this was going on in the town they live in, which is not Harrison. As to the cops, I was merely speaking about 1 officer who should have been promoted. I think the Harrison Cops are the finest/bravest in that overtaxed town, and when you are a Police Officer in any town, YOU ARE SOMEBODY. They deal with danger every day and make the firemen look like chumps. A circus clown could be a fireman. Its a gutless, cowardly existence glorified by one major incident a few years ago. That is my opinion.

Guest Astonished
Apparently my message was taken out of context. True, I think that firemen are useless and that its not a mans job. It should be strictly voluntary because its just a dumping ground for the elite families of Harrison and friends of the Mayor causing astonomical taxes on the residents who are getting the shaft. They wouldn't like it if this was going on in the town they live in, which is not Harrison. As to the cops, I was merely speaking about 1 officer who should have been promoted. I think the Harrison Cops are the finest/bravest in that overtaxed town, and when you are a Police Officer in any town, YOU ARE SOMEBODY. They deal with danger every day and make the firemen look like chumps. A circus clown could be a fireman. Its a gutless, cowardly existence glorified by one major incident a few years ago. That is my opinion.

Wow. You have some serious issues to deal with. You should refrain from stating your thoughts and/or opinions anywhere. You're not qualified son.

Guest Guest

Let me know if you fell the same way after you need an ambulance for an emergency or have a fire and see if you feel the same way!

Guest Guest

Let me tell you if you are in a major health crisis I hope a clown shows up for you! These firefighters and EMS are tops in their field They are life savers and I can vouch for that they are caring and DO THEIR JOB

As far as cops well maybe a few can do the job as for the others they are afraid of their own shadows.

If they were efficient they would have control of situations When a problem happens on No. 3RD St. on the weekend KEARNY POLICE are on the scene. Dectectives walk and ride arround during the day on cell phones and no seat belts Watch the doorway of the BUREAU and see how busy they are

BLESS THE HARRISON FIRE EMS

Guest susan
Let me tell you if you are in a major health crisis I hope a clown shows up for you! These firefighters and EMS are tops in their field They are life savers and I can vouch for that they are caring and DO THEIR JOB

As far as cops well maybe a few can do the job as for the others they are afraid of their own shadows.

If they were efficient they would have control of situations When a problem happens on No. 3RD St. on the weekend KEARNY POLICE are on the scene. Dectectives walk and ride arround during the day on cell phones and no seat belts Watch the doorway of the BUREAU and see how busy they are

BLESS THE HARRISON FIRE EMS

The reason that Kearny Police are assisting Harrison is because there are not enough Police Officers in Harrison, you understand that we are between two high crime cities (Jersey City and Newark). Now I understand being that you are a Fireman and you probably do not even live in Harrison, there are only 4 that I am aware of that live here, correct? so why would you care about the crime here? I certainly do and I am concerned not only for my children but for my family with all the crime going on, gang activity, drugs being sold and NOT ENOUGH POLICE OFFICERS, IN CARS, ON BICYCLES OR EVEN ON FOOT. I respect the Firemen, but honey do you realize that bigger cities have a volunteer Fire Dept. and they do a damn good job. Just take a look at East Newark they are the first to respond to Harrison's needs, correct? So buddy do us all a favor and start thinking about volunteering, because I certainly would welcome Shared Services between Harrison, East Newark and Kearny. It is only a matter of time, did you listen to Governor Corzines speach???????? maybe you should think about becoming a Fireman where you live, just think of the convinience, the pay and the benefits may not be the same, but it would take you a lot less time to get to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please do not take this out of context, I truly respect both the Firemen and the Police Force.

Guest donna p.
The reason that Kearny Police are assisting Harrison is because there are not enough Police Officers in Harrison, you understand that we are between two high crime cities (Jersey City and Newark). Now I understand being that you are a Fireman and you probably do not even live in Harrison, there are only 4 that I am aware of that live here, correct? so why would you care about the crime here? I certainly do and I am concerned not only for my children but for my family with all the crime going on, gang activity, drugs being sold and NOT ENOUGH POLICE OFFICERS, IN CARS, ON BICYCLES OR EVEN ON FOOT. I respect the Firemen, but honey do you realize that bigger cities have a volunteer Fire Dept. and they do a damn good job. Just take a look at East Newark they are the first to respond to Harrison's needs, correct? So buddy do us all a favor and start thinking about volunteering, because I certainly would welcome Shared Services between Harrison, East Newark and Kearny. It is only a matter of time, did you listen to Governor Corzines speach???????? maybe you should think about becoming a Fireman where you live, just think of the convinience, the pay and the benefits may not be the same, but it would take you a lot less time to get to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And please do not take this out of context, I truly respect both the Firemen and the Police Force.

I have to reply for the fireman. My husband had a massive heart attack and survived it,thanks to the Harrison EMS. They responded in minutes and literally saved his life using a difibulator. I will never forget any of you guys.

Guest Guest

Listen up my friend First I am a senior born and raised in this town Do youself a favor and volunteer ypur services to the Police Dept. and I really do hope the next medical emergency YOU have BOZO is at your side!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My Blessings to HFD AND their EMS

Guest LeROY

I am more than qualified than you think, son J/O. Everyone knows the truth in this town about the amout of fireman, fire captains, and maybe, just maybe, two fires a year and that counts the dumpster fire in the gardens new years eve. As to Kearny Police helping out, we all also know that is B/S and that the fire guys panic at the the sight of a cigarette being lit. The call for mutual aid from Kearny, E. Newark, and jersey City goes out the minute a call comes in. Many of these depts. even beat HFD to the scene. A private ambulance Company could easily do a better job at a fraction of the cost, then the money could be put to good use, like hiring more cops to head off the increasing crime rate. There were several gun arrests last month, but this info. is supressed as to not get to the public eye. These opinions are well known but it is a fact that even in New York City, there are so many cops willing to join the fd from the pd. Going to sleep (not work- part time job), very little danger, work 1 on and 3 off, home cooked meals, and better pay are the reason. To the voters, a large decrease in your taxes would be a direct result if you would open your eyes and get rid of the current (Who lives in Point Pleasant) Mayor. Good luck if you have the guts.

Guest Guest

This jealous ranting toward the FD is suggestive of a deep psychological fetish w/ strong men (Hose Envy). Perhaps you could audition for the HBO series "In Treatment". I hope that the PD Chief relieves you of your weapon before you hurt yourself or someone else, the anger in your words is palpable and could be indicative of a coming breakdown. Seek Help!

Guest Guest
I am more than qualified than you think, son J/O. Everyone knows the truth in this town about the amout of fireman, fire captains, and maybe, just maybe, two fires a year and that counts the dumpster fire in the gardens new years eve. As to Kearny Police helping out, we all also know that is B/S and that the fire guys panic at the the sight of a cigarette being lit. The call for mutual aid from Kearny, E. Newark, and jersey City goes out the minute a call comes in. Many of these depts. even beat HFD to the scene. A private ambulance Company could easily do a better job at a fraction of the cost, then the money could be put to good use, like hiring more cops to head off the increasing crime rate. There were several gun arrests last month, but this info. is supressed as to not get to the public eye. These opinions are well known but it is a fact that even in New York City, there are so many cops willing to join the fd from the pd. Going to sleep (not work- part time job), very little danger, work 1 on and 3 off, home cooked meals, and better pay are the reason. To the voters, a large decrease in your taxes would be a direct result if you would open your eyes and get rid of the current (Who lives in Point Pleasant) Mayor. Good luck if you have the guts.

You need a reality check my friend! First our EMS and Fire has saved many a rearend including MINE as for privateservice you are dreaming Ever wait for the PARAMEDICS they are usually 15 minutes away from our town and OUR EMS does their job

You are really a disgruntled cop or have never needed EMS If you ever do I hope you see the light! ;)

Guest Son of a J/O

Touchy are we not? Show me the money so to speak, - qualified- .

Your attack and the less than intelligent rant you offered shows only your ignorance and lack of intelligence.

Crudely written, not withstanding, you present no substance. Rather you spew tired rhetoric and level a personal attack. My only concern is that you might represent this town in some official capacity. Either way I hope you seek out help to deal with your feelings of inferiority and obvious paranoia of persecution by the fire department.

I sincerely wish you well.

Guest Harrison Senior

If you're so unhappy with your job as a police officer in Harrison, why not take the test for another town,

seek a lateral transfer to another town or look for a job in another line of work. Your anger will only eat at

you and effect your health. You obviously need professional help. Good luck.

Guest Guest

[/quote

A line from the old song "Hey LeRoy" by the Jimmy Castor Bunch,

HEY LeROY, YO MAMA, SHE CALLEN YOU MAN.

Guest Leroy

If I were a cop in Harrison, I would have left long ago. Just because someone is on the cops side is baffling and confusing to you because you are programmed that things in life are supposed to be handed to you, not worked for or earned. Your brain is just not wired to think that most people in this world have to work for a living and you would most likely never make it in private sector employment. Where could any of you go and make even near $100k a year other than your present employment. I say very few if any. Think about that and realize that I am a very rational human being who, in my opinion, gets a good chuckle out of your trying to defend a volunteer position.

I have to reply for the fireman. My husband had a massive heart attack and survived it,thanks to the Harrison EMS. They responded in minutes and literally saved his life using a difibulator. I will never forget any of you guys.

THANK THE CALL TAKER FOR THE FAST RESPONSE LADY. don't get it twisted now! :)

Guest Guest
THANK THE CALL TAKER FOR THE FAST RESPONSE LADY. don't get it twisted now! :)

CALL TAKER??????????????? YOU ARE A FOOL TO EVEN BE ON THE WEB IF THE WORD DISPATCHER MEANS ANYTHING Second the DISPATCHER is on a phone not in the ambulance.

Disgruntled you really are!

Guest Guest
If I were a cop in Harrison, I would have left long ago. Just because someone is on the cops side is baffling and confusing to you because you are programmed that things in life are supposed to be handed to you, not worked for or earned. Your brain is just not wired to think that most people in this world have to work for a living and you would most likely never make it in private sector employment. Where could any of you go and make even near $100k a year other than your present employment. I say very few if any. Think about that and realize that I am a very rational human being who, in my opinion, gets a good chuckle out of your trying to defend a volunteer position.

You ARE a cop in Harrison, a very angry, dissatisfied loser who's failed or done poorly on the Sgt.'s

exam. I hope you get professional help before you start abusing your wife and kids (if you haven't

started already).

Guest LeROY

Wow!! A fireman/ambulance driver/psychiatrist/expert lie detector. Why don't you answer any of the opinions I have presented that are pretty much facts. You cannot even think of an answer to one of them without humiliating yourself. I have mentioned many areas where the FD falls short of and all you can say is that I am a cop and I am crazy. You are wrong on both ends moron. Why not stick to the financial, or keeping the taxes high, or any questions of the kind that are tangible to the town such as having way the HFD having too much manpower and not enough cops. You cannot because chances are that more than one member of your family is employed by the town and you don't want to be responsible for getting them getting canned. It would expose rampant nepotism and made up titles to give people jobs. If an article were to be put in the Observer on how much money the FD pulls in it would shock people to no end. How about the number of Captains, Batallion Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs, the FD Chiefs many paid titles (FEMA, etc.). Start with their salaries. How many fires are put out over a specific period of time. The cost to the taxpayers for beds and fuel to go to a Kearny supermarket for groceries. Calculate the amount of overtime in the last ten years. You would never disclose this information because it is so shocking. Work on it for a while superman and get back to the residents with the information. PEACE.

Guest LeROY

No reply superman fire baby. Facts talk loud and clear. Give the people the information I requested and just see the reaction. I know you are afraid of this getting out more than a real fire because the information would cause some people to get fired. Get it, I made a joke. Put your fat, unintelligent butt back in the sack and shut up before the media bug bites you. You obviously have no guts fire baby. Go cry to the Mayor and tell him someone called you a baby. Maybe he can put his **** in your ****** as a pacifier!!

Guest Retired Cop
Wow!! A fireman/ambulance driver/psychiatrist/expert lie detector. Why don't you answer any of the opinions I have presented that are pretty much facts. You cannot even think of an answer to one of them without humiliating yourself. I have mentioned many areas where the FD falls short of and all you can say is that I am a cop and I am crazy. You are wrong on both ends moron. Why not stick to the financial, or keeping the taxes high, or any questions of the kind that are tangible to the town such as having way the HFD having too much manpower and not enough cops. You cannot because chances are that more than one member of your family is employed by the town and you don't want to be responsible for getting them getting canned. It would expose rampant nepotism and made up titles to give people jobs. If an article were to be put in the Observer on how much money the FD pulls in it would shock people to no end. How about the number of Captains, Batallion Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs, the FD Chiefs many paid titles (FEMA, etc.). Start with their salaries. How many fires are put out over a specific period of time. The cost to the taxpayers for beds and fuel to go to a Kearny supermarket for groceries. Calculate the amount of overtime in the last ten years. You would never disclose this information because it is so shocking. Work on it for a while superman and get back to the residents with the information. PEACE.

You're an embarrassment and disgrace to the HPD.

Guest Come Clean Committee

Your response is excellent, it can't be said any better! The FD in Harrison is part of the Gravey Train that Mahogany Ray endorses, just look at the Fire Chief, that says it all, he's worth every dime the Town is paying him, you can reach him at 1-800-**** ****!

Edited by KOTW
The above post was edited for content.

Guest Shotze

I live here but not for long, so if the firemen dont have anything to hide them should print the information,, A job paying$10.00 hour is hard to find and these guys are gettin 100 thousand a year. No wonder I cant pay my rent and have to move.