Draft John Leadbeater for Mayor

Guest Townwatch

Guest Recall Mayor Santos
Obviously, RMS is someone with a personal axe to grind against Mayor Santos, which explains why he won't tell us who he is.

Nothing Personal, Just holding the Mayor accountable just like he holds everyone else. Kearny is losing ground and this tax situation is just going to get worse as long as this Mayor remains in office. The time for change is now and John Leadbeater should be that change for these bad times.

Guest Guest
Nothing Personal, Just holding the Mayor accountable just like he holds everyone else. Kearny is losing ground and this tax situation is just going to get worse as long as this Mayor remains in office. The time for change is now and John Leadbeater should be that change for these bad times.

Look at you, bumping your stupid little topics over and over in hopes someone will pay attention to you. Put up or shut up. A recall requires a few thousand signatures. Come back with them and we'll listen, but I warn you that as long as you keep shouting the same empty crap, you're not going to get many supporters.

You have no answers. That's why no one cares about your dopey recall effort. Move on.

• 2 weeks later...
If John Leadbeater became Mayor, Mr D'arco would be history as the BA. So for all you town unions, take the lead and start the Recall effort to rid Kearny of the unfair mismanagement and treatment of town employees. Give this Mayor the fight of his political life. Draft John Leadbeater for Mayor of Kearny. The right man for today's times.

Lets not lose the message. Stay informed.

Guest Guest
If John Leadbeater became Mayor, Mr D'arco would be history as the BA. So for all you town unions, take the lead and start the Recall effort to rid Kearny of the unfair mismanagement and treatment of town employees. Give this Mayor the fight of his political life. Draft John Leadbeater for Mayor of Kearny. The right man for today's times.

Firstly let me say John was a Nice guy (and frankly, i dont see him having any interest in going back into the monstrosity that politics has become)..THAT SAID, do we REALLY want to throw back to the Vartan Administration??? Many of the problems with the town started with Vartan, and HIS BA, Bob Czech (Not too dissimilar from D'Arco when you think about it)... What it comes down to is that the town is Heavily Democrat when it comes to Voters, the Republican asre almost nonexistant, and they just havent been able to find any to make a serious run against ANY of the incumbents. Remember as well, that the Mayor doesnt work in a vacum, everything he does has to have the cooperation and consent of a majority of the councilpeople. Just changing Mayors Will Nnot have the effect you want, Especially changing to a republican Mayor with a completely Democrat council. Sometimes i wish we could turn the clock back to the days of Hank Hill..unfortunately time moves on, and so does the Town.

The REAL Culprits here IMO is the League of Municipalities. THEY are the ones who foster so many of these wacky "Studies" and plans that these politicians jump at..most of which are designed to funnel municipal money into the pockets of interested parties. Pitting the Populace agaisnt the Public Workers is another LoM standard tactic, and #1 in the playbook. I'm all for getting Santos out of Office, he's been in there too long (Maybe Term Limits should be addressed as well), but SOMEONE has to replace him, Democrat or Republican, and to date there hasnt BEEN anyone with the Stones on the Dem side to go against the Hudson Democratic Org (Except Jim Mangin..and he had his own difficulties), and No one on the Republican side with the regognition, or support to capture the interest of the Voters. The Specter of LEo is alive and well, and Republicans are viewed with uncertainty because of that. What Kearny NEED, is an Independant Candidate..Not party affiliated, and who is willing to make the town hall Transparent... No more Behind closed doors nonsense. I remember back in december at the Town Meeting, when the PD guy called out Santos on his "Lottery Winner" comment..he wasnt pissed at being called on it (Although the backpedlaling was rather funny to atch on all sides) he was pissed that the comment had been passed on from inside a Closed Session.

Guest As If

This sounds like alot of sour grapes to me from someone whose salary is probably paid by the taxpayer.

Of all your inaccurracies, this was the most glaring:

and to date there hasnt BEEN anyone with the Stones on the Dem side to go against the Hudson Democratic Org (Except Jim Mangin..and he had his own difficulties

LOL! In 2003 it was Mangin who ran for Mayor with the backing of the Hudson Democratic Organization and Santos who was thrown off and relegated to Line F of the ballot.

Guest Guest
This sounds like alot of sour grapes to me from someone whose salary is probably paid by the taxpayer.

Of all your inaccurracies, this was the most glaring:

and to date there hasnt BEEN anyone with the Stones on the Dem side to go against the Hudson Democratic Org (Except Jim Mangin..and he had his own difficulties

LOL! In 2003 it was Mangin who ran for Mayor with the backing of the Hudson Democratic Organization and Santos who was thrown off and relegated to Line F of the ballot.

That was then, and This is Now... Now Santos has his Job with the County Freeloa...i mean FreeHOLDERS, and has suddenly decided he's a Team player go figure.

By the way list some of the other "Innacuracies...this is rather amusing.

• 4 weeks later...

The Time for change is Now!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Time to pick it up

Town Unions its time to get orginized. RECALL MAYOR SANTOS!!!!!!

Guest guest
Yeah, we can tell by the staggering levels of support for the recall. Oh, wait...it's just a couple of fools pointing the finger on a forum.

This resident of Kearny isn't going to be holding his breath. Even if Santos was a shitty mayor and he was recalled, idiots like you have already guaranteed you wouldn't actually fix anything. You have no solutions. You're just like creationists who think that if evolution was disproven, they would automatically be right.

Mudslinging isn't going to fix any problems. If there's a problem, rational residents want ANSWERS, not endless blame-laying. Your infantile crap only works on other morons.

I am sorry but just because you went to school and you know some decent sized words does not warrant you in any sort to put someone down. It's not neccesarily "mudslinging" as you called it but the fact is that the problems can be dealt with in a proper manner which is far to complex to be writing in some damn forum. Bud you may not know everything that you may think you know; life is much more complex than your feeble minded thoughts and put downs on other's thoughts who are looking for a change for the better.

Guest Actual Kearnian
I am sorry but just because you went to school and you know some decent sized words does not warrant you in any sort to put someone down.

That's not why I put him down.

It's not neccesarily "mudslinging" as you called it but the fact is that the problems can be dealt with in a proper manner which is far to complex to be writing in some damn forum.

Well, you've got to write it SOMEWHERE at SOME point in order to even get the process started. Every time "Recall Mayor Santos" is asked for some specific solution or idea, he always fails to deliver. Yet, he never fails to bump four or five of his own topics just to parrot the same unsubstantiated (and not for lack of an opportunity to substantiate them) claims and the same tired call for a recall, even after it's been pointed out several times that recalling the current mayor will not in and of itself magically fix anything that's wrong in Kearny.

Bud you may not know everything that you may think you know; life is much more complex than your feeble minded thoughts and put downs on other's thoughts who are looking for a change for the better.

Let me guess; the above isn't mudslinging either? :huh:

You talk about wanting change for the better? Let's see how YOU fare, then--change like what? Give a specific example of what to change, how to change it, and what the benefits would be.

It's Leadbeater Time!!!!!!!

Guest Guest
No it isn't

Yes I agree with this person. It is time for someone like John Leadbeater to send a message that our town won't take it anymore. We need change.

Guest Guest
Yes I agree with this person. It is time for someone like John Leadbeater to send a message that our town won't take it anymore. We need change.

And Kearny needs to know the specifics of the change you suggest in order to take you seriously, so get cracking.

Get in the game John Leadbeater!!!!

• 1 month later...

Taxes are to high, Time to get in the game Leadbeater.

Guest Guest
Taxes are to high, Time to get in the game Leadbeater.

Leadbeater won't change a thing: prove me wrong by citing him saying what he would do to lower taxes.

Bet you anything you can't.

• 6 months later...
Guest Defeat Mayor Santos 2009

Movement for Change starts NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!