57k - That's A Little Lite

Guest Guest

:D The statement that a fireman only makes 57k a year is a little misleading. That may have been their base salary under the old contract ( Fireman = 60 k, Captain = 80k, Deputy = 100k ). Next you have to add service time up to 10% (Fireman = 6k, Captain = 8k, Deputy = 10k ). Add this to 14 paid holidays ( Fireman = 4k, Captain = 6k, Deputy = 8k ). NOW THIS IS LITTLE MORE ACCURATE.

At the conclusion of the new contract, which is not signed yet, you can probably add 20% more to each of the 3 categories ( Base, Service, Holiday)

:D The statement that a fireman only makes 57k a year is a little misleading. That may have been their base salary under the old contract ( Fireman = 60 k, Captain = 80k, Deputy = 100k ). Next you have to add service time up to 10% (Fireman = 6k, Captain = 8k, Deputy = 10k ). Add this to 14 paid holidays ( Fireman = 4k, Captain = 6k, Deputy = 8k ). NOW THIS IS LITTLE MORE ACCURATE.

At the conclusion of the new contract, which is not signed yet, you can probably add 20% more to each of the 3 categories ( Base, Service, Holiday)

20% ??? What planet are you on?

For your information, it's 13 paid holidays. And exactly how long do you think it takes to get the maximum for service time? Try twenty(20) years of service!!!!!!!!!!

You have to put in twenty years of service to get that, it's not alot compared to what other departments get!

For your information, it's 13 paid holidays. And exactly how long do you think it takes to get the maximum for service time? Try twenty(20) years of service!!!!!!!!!!

You have to put in twenty years of service to get that, it's not alot compared to what other departments get!

they don't add the holiday pay to the base pay to determine what someone "makes" annually, do they? they don't where i work.

Guest FlagMann.

Cry babies!!!! Hey!!!!! If you don't like your job, Then guit!!! resign!!! take a powder!!! So the Town,and the Tax payers!! (that pay your salary) don't have to keep hearing your whinning!!!!

Go and see if you can make iT!! In the corporate world!!! :D

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

:blink: The statement that a fireman only makes 57k a year is a little misleading. That may have been their base salary under the old contract ( Fireman = 60 k, Captain = 80k, Deputy = 100k ). Next you have to add service time up to 10% (Fireman = 6k, Captain = 8k, Deputy = 10k ). Add this to 14 paid holidays ( Fireman = 4k, Captain = 6k, Deputy = 8k ). NOW THIS IS LITTLE MORE ACCURATE.

20% ??? :lol:

The best that could possibly happen would be 4% like all of the other unions received, but it won't, since the 24's equals less % raises and give backs.

In my job I make less than the FD, but I'm not so jealous of them that I would write stuff on here just to try and make other people dislike them. You must be so miserable with your life, I'm glad I don't know you. Try being happy once in a while.

You should go away "little green monster" :P

Cry babies!!!! Hey!!!!! If you don't like your job, Then guit!!! resign!!! take a powder!!! So the Town,and the Tax payers!! (that pay your salary) don't have to keep hearing your whinning!!!!

Go and see if you can make iT!! In the corporate world!!! :blink:

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Piece of Sh*t!

Archived