No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree it's outrageous that you are without a contract for three

years, that shouldn't happen.

Has it actually been three years? I thought I saw a reference that it expired in 2001. Which would be 2+years.

Which is it?

JW

Joe,

The contract for Fire Superiors expired in 2000. The FMBA contract expired in 2001.

Jim Mangin

More reason why the EMS service should come under the supervision and command of the Fire Dept. What better public relations for a new contract than to save a life or see one come into this world.

More reason why the EMS service should come under the supervision and command of the Fire Dept. What better public relations for a new contract than to save a life or see one come into this world.

Negociation is not impooible!

More reason why the EMS service should come under the supervision and command of the Fire Dept.  What better public relations for a new contract than to save a life or see one come into this world.

Negociation is not impooible!

Sorry "impossible"

Once again the KFD union screwed its membership and other town unions for future negotiations. more to come.....

This is a post of a Typical S@$^ Stirrer! Before you post a comment such as this you should hear what your rep's have to say!

Here is a question. How does someone "openly" challenge the integrity of the negotiating unit or the process, and then not reveal a name? If you are so sure of yourself, certainly your name wouldn't hurt.

Go ahead, come out of the closet.

Let's hear more, where's the proof? And what happened?

It is inappropriate to say anything @ this time. After the Town & the FMBA have voted on a settlement it passes on both ends it will be public record. Untill that time there should be nothing said from either party involved.

It seems that the whole thread is inappropriate, the agreement would be between the town and the fireman's union. And while anyone else can have an opinion on it, it really only matters if they are happy with it.

Here is a question.  How does someone "openly" challenge the integrity of the negotiating unit or the process, and then not reveal a name?  If you are so sure of yourself, certainly your name wouldn't hurt.

Go ahead, come out of the closet.

That might carry more weight if you had followed your own advice. Anonymously asking someone else to reveal himself?? I don't get it.

JW

:ph34r: Why would the Firefighters give up anything! They work hard and should get the same pay increases as the rest of the town such as the teachers, CS11, Police, town workers and also the Town of Kearny Administer got his pay increase!

I agree. Fireman should get exactly the percentages that everyone else got which did not include 24 hr. shifts. Following your mentality, and everyone should be treated equally, then if the firemen get 24 hr. shifts, why not give 24 hr. shifts to all the employees. Now if they want something up and above what everyone else got, then be prepared to give something back in return for that special item no other town employee has been given. Get it. Pure logic.

I agree. Fireman should get exactly the percentages that everyone else got which did not include 24 hr. shifts. Following your mentality, and everyone should be treated equally, then if the firemen get 24 hr. shifts, why not give 24 hr. shifts to all the employees. Now if they want something up and above what everyone else got, then be prepared to give something back in return for that special item no other town employee has been given. Get it. Pure logic.

:ph34r: It may be true in what you say if you only look at it one way. How about 24hr shift's given to the KFD for a job well done! Also I have heard that it is a benefit to the Town Of Kearny in the way of savings. So looking at it in a different light, The KFD should be commended for saving the Town Of Kearny $$$$$. By taking the 24hr shifts and just the same percentages that everyone else got. Thank's for bringing this light.

I agree.  Fireman should get exactly the percentages that everyone else got which did not include 24 hr. shifts.  Following your mentality, and everyone should be treated equally, then if the firemen get 24 hr. shifts, why not give 24 hr. shifts to all the employees.  Now if they want something up and above what everyone else got,  then be prepared to give something back in return for that special item no other town employee has been given.  Get it.  Pure logic.

:D It may be true in what you say if you only look at it one way. How about 24hr shift's given to the KFD for a job well done! Also I have heard that it is a benefit to the Town Of Kearny in the way of savings. So looking at it in a different light, The KFD should be commended for saving the Town Of Kearny $$$$$. By taking the 24hr shifts and just the same percentages that everyone else got. Thank's for bringing this light.

:ph34r: Sorry to light!

I missed something... what. if anything , is the KFD being asked to giveup? And

if they are being asked for givebacks, is it to get the 24 hour shifts?

Guest Simple Simon

If one of the concerns of the 24 hr. shift schedule is that the commuters would save money, and the town residents employed by the town wouldn't save anything, then I propose the following.

A property tax reduction for town employees remaining in town. This would encourage workers to stay in Kearny.

However, the Mayor and Council will never go for this, then they would have to come up with the revenue lost by any reduction.

Somehow, they think they EARNED this money (as opposed to being in charge of the money) !!!

Archived