No Contract For 3 Years

Guest FireFighter

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how about  WHFD (West Hudson Regional Fire Dept. )

:P You make a statement of which you know nothing about! Just look at North Hudson FD. Educate yourself then try again to make your statement and back it up with documented facts! I know you will not be able to do this because your conclusions are all wrong right now, WHY YOU SAY! because you have no knowledge of this subject! That's why! :angry:

North Hudson FD is doing just fine and the towns have saved a lot of money. Firefighters didn't like it too much but they've adjusted. Sounds like a good idea for West Hudson which is so much smaller. Guess someone should look into it.

Guest smartguy

no contract for 3 years ??Makes you think there is a plan in the works for WHFD already. Just talk to the three mayors who were in Jersey City this week.

Guest CONTRACT
how about  WHFD (West Hudson Regional Fire Dept. )

:P You make a statement of which you know nothing about! Just look at North Hudson FD. Educate yourself then try again to make your statement and back it up with documented facts! I know you will not be able to do this because your conclusions are all wrong right now, WHY YOU SAY! because you have no knowledge of this subject! That's why! :)

North Hudson FD is doing just fine and the towns have saved a lot of money. Firefighters didn't like it too much but they've adjusted. Sounds like a good idea for West Hudson which is so much smaller. Guess someone should look into it.

:angry: Sorry but you are wrong! The attorney's are still making a killing on the taxpayers. The coverage is not as good as you think! All go to one fire and the other towns are short of coverage! They still have less manpower to do the job! ect ect: ;)

Guest CONTRACT
no contract for 3 years ??Makes you think there is a plan in the works for WHFD already. Just talk to the three mayors who were in Jersey City this week.

:angry: It's ok with me if that's what the town would like to do. But it will not be a benefit to Kearny. But if that is what they want bring it on! BUT GIVE US A FAIR CONTRACT! :P

Guest Fuddler on the Roof

Three years seven months.....Usually that means greed.

I surely wish I could work for 24 hours, go home for 3 days and return to a refreshed atmosphere to work 24 hours again. I would be brave and attend a fire if need be; facing my duty heroically. On my off hours, I would make money at my side job. Kearny could pay my benefits and afford my pension. Sounds good to me. Thank you very much, I will do my personal best.

I surely wish I could work for 24 hours, go home for 3 days and return to a refreshed atmosphere to work 24 hours again. I would be brave and attend a fire if need be; facing my duty heroically. On my off hours, I would make money at my side job. Kearny could pay my benefits and afford my pension. Sounds good to me. Thank you very much, I will do my personal best.

Please don't take the test we already have our quota of A--Holes!

Guest Little Green Monster

Why is everyone so jealous of KFD?

Take the test and stop crying. <_<

Guest unregistered

I surely wish I could work for 24 hours, go home for 3 days and return to a refreshed atmosphere to work 24 hours again.  I would be brave and attend a fire if need be; facing my duty heroically.  On my off hours, I would make money at my side job.  Kearny could pay my benefits and afford my pension.  Sounds good to me.  Thank you very much, I will do my personal best.

<_< I heard that only the officers in the Kearny Fire Dept. are without a contract for almost four years, can that be true? Flash!! Rank & File will start to work the 24 hour shifts and the officers will remain on the 10 & 14 hr. shifts. Whats wrong with the mayor and council. Do they really believe this will be conducive to a well trained and efficent fire dept.Can you tell me where this assinine plan ever worked?Quote from a famous phlisopher"sometime the action of one fool cannot be undone by 100 wise men"

I surely wish I could work for 24 hours, go home for 3 days and return to a refreshed atmosphere to work 24 hours again.  I would be brave and attend a fire if need be; facing my duty heroically.  On my off hours, I would make money at my side job.  Kearny could pay my benefits and afford my pension.  Sounds good to me.  Thank you very much, I will do my personal best.

<_< I heard that only the officers in the Kearny Fire Dept. are without a contract for almost four years, can that be true? Flash!! Rank & File will start to work the 24 hour shifts and the officers will remain on the 10 & 14 hr. shifts. Whats wrong with the mayor and council. Do they really believe this will be conducive to a well trained and efficent fire dept.Can you tell me where this assinine plan ever worked?Quote from a famous phlisopher"sometime the action of one fool cannot be undone by 100 wise men"

The same thing happened in Newark last year. Only the officers were on 24's & the firemen on 10/14's. It lasted 4 months.

Guest Hungry like the wolf
The same thing happened in Newark last year. Only the officers were on 24's & the firemen on 10/14's. It lasted 4 months.

Was that the arbitrater? What lasted four months? What happend?

<_< ( 3 ) Three years ( 7 ) Months. Still waiting for a fair contract. :angry:

If the Firemen really want a contract then why don't the Firefighters call for a binding arbitration process

STOP THE CRYING!!!

WHEN IS THE MAYOR, COUNCIL & ADMINISTRATOR GOING TO REALIZE THAT PROBABLY 3/4 OF THE KFD MEMBERS ARE JUST THERE TO REST, COLLECT A PAYCHECK WITH BENEFITS AND GO TO THEIR "REAL JOBS" AFTER COMPLETING THEIR RESTFUL SHIFT COMPLIMENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY TAXPAYERS!!!!

STOP THE CRYING!!!

WHEN IS THE MAYOR, COUNCIL & ADMINISTRATOR GOING TO REALIZE THAT PROBABLY 3/4 OF THE KFD MEMBERS ARE JUST THERE TO REST, COLLECT A PAYCHECK WITH BENEFITS AND GO TO THEIR "REAL JOBS" AFTER COMPLETING THEIR RESTFUL SHIFT COMPLIMENTS OF THE TOWN OF KEARNY TAXPAYERS!!!!

You sir are an as---*----hole!

You can only hide behind that mask :ph34r: for so long, one day all the garbage you spew out of that thing you call a mouth will pay you back one hundred times.

Oh yes while I'm at it, may the fleas of a thousand camels find your bed tonight!

If you use a bed maybe its a crib, or a diaper!

J*rk o*f!

KOTW Note: The above post was edited per the KOTW no profanity (or anything close to profanity) policy where the *'s appear.

Archived