Peruvian Day Parade

MrHarrison

Guest Guest
That's not true. I'm American (of Irish decent) and I have many Peruvian friends, none of which believe Peru is 'better' than American. According to most they're incomparable because the lifestyles are completely different. Perhaps they came to this country to make a buck but how can you blame them? Why did your ancestors come here? I'm just as pissed as the rest of you that the Halloween parade was cancelled but do you know for sure that some Peruvian organization didn't pay at least some amount of money for the parade? Did the Irish American club pay for the Saint Patrick's Day parade? How can one be fair and the other not be? I don't know. The racism on this website is almost sickening. We're in the middle of a war and our soldiers are Peruvian, Irish, Brazilian, Polish, etc. If they can fight for us, why can't they have a stupid (yet very amusing) parade? As the saying goes, there are bigger fish to fry. If you're that upset about the Halloween parade then let's start a committee, get permission granted, raise the funds and have ourselves one damn good Halloween parade.

Oh and Mr. Harrison, I have a pretty good idea of who you are and let me tell you now, racism isn't permitted down the path you are choosing to travel, so open your mind. You should understand what it's like to be in a group that is the miniority and not really accepted around here.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION, YES.... THE ST. PATRICKS PARADE IS PAID FOR BY THE UNITED IRISH ASSOCIATION OF WEST HUDSON.... IT IS JUST SICKENING THAT WE ALLOW THESE PERUVIANS TO RULE OUR TOWN.

Guest brownie
it cause the councilman is a brown skin

Call him what you want, he is a damn good man!!!! The only one who does for the people in this town. The only one who cares for the people and the children. Don't be a hater on what color he is especially cause the brown on your skin is dirt. It takes a dirtbag to make a racial comment such as you did, what a dirtbag.

Guest Guest

everything we say is racial,but you's can say on here all kinds of crap and nothing is said or done about it. Bullshit with this racial crap. I'm sick of you people saying we pick on you's but right away people say were prejudice. Try the other way around. Better yet who gives a fat rat's ASS.

Guest I remember

I remember Milan honoring the Peruvian Villalta family during one of the Harrison Fest. That was nice how he used to honor Harrisonian families

Guest Guest
If the town's got money for a Peruvian parade after  having a Multi-Cultural Fest, and NOTHING for the AMERICAN culture, like a 4th OF JULY PARADE; or a MEMORIAL DAY PARADE, or a HALLOWEEN PARADE, than the Mayor is going to 'lose' a 'lot' of VOTES that he TOOK FOR GRANTED!!!

THERE HAD BETTER  BE a Halloween Parade in the works 'before' the NOV ELECTION and not only for 'one'year, but 'every year!!! else there had better be no other parades if there is no money after this Halloween!!!

But we 'long-time' Harrisonians have a HALLOWEEN PARADE owed to us after having a PARUVIAN PARADE!!!  Otherwise that is 'reverse' discrimination!

If you WANT our vote; EARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its apparent that this mayor takes everything for granted, all he cares about is himself and a few selected that are in on the money end of Harrison. PLEASE VOTE FOR THE OPPOSITION SO THAT THIS A-HOLE CAN LEARN HIS LESSON. We Harrisonians should have done this in June when the proper candidate was running.

Guest Guest
Call him what you want, he is a damn good man!!!! The only one who does for the people in this town.  The only one who cares for the people and the children. Don't be a hater on what color he is especially cause the brown on your skin is dirt. It takes a dirtbag to make a racial comment such as you did, what a dirtbag.

I agree Mr. Villalta is a good guy, he is trying to do the best for his community but he can't do too much otherwise the mayor will question him about doing too much for Harrison, he will make the mayor look bad, just like Millan he was getting things rolling but the mayor felt left out, McDoughna wanted the recognition himself. Go Villalta I will support you I am in your ward....

Guest Villalta is a great guy

The only problem is he's indebted with the Mayor. Taking a job from the Mayor at PVSC as well as his son, Villalta gave up. He feels like he can't go against the Mayor. He shold support Millan, so he can be himself

Guest Guest

why would he support millan, he was the one who put him out of office, you millan supporters are a strange group, you think nobody is aware of what kind of person millan is , but come election day we will remind you and millan what we think of him, maybe you should try and find a good canidate that people would support , millan is a dead issue and i think his future in harrison does not look too good.....

Guest Guest

The irony of the Peruvian Parade through the streets of Harrison is that McDonough walked door to door against his own man-Millan, who was running on the Line, with the line that Millan was only out for his "own people". The Mayor stated that Millan was only looking out for hispanics. Now Villalta with the full support of the Mayor (money and otherwise), organizes a Peruvian Parade. Millan organized a Multicultural Festival/Parade with all nationalities including the USA and he honored our vetereans by having them in prime location at the front of the parade. McDonough will say anything to eliminate his competition. He cancels a Halloween Parade and there are no fireworks for 4th of July but he has money for his "own people" parade down Frank E. Rodgers Blvd. Frank Rodgers would have told McDonough where to go. He should be ashamed. Millan kick this guys butt, he deserves it.

Guest guest
The irony of the Peruvian Parade through the streets of Harrison is that McDonough walked door to door against his own man-Millan, who was running on the Line, with the line that Millan was only out for his "own people".  The Mayor stated that Millan was only looking out for hispanics.  Now Villalta with the full support of the Mayor (money and otherwise), organizes a Peruvian Parade.  Millan organized a Multicultural Festival/Parade with all nationalities including the USA and he honored our vetereans by having them in prime location at the front of the parade.  McDonough will say anything to eliminate his competition.  He cancels a Halloween Parade and there are no fireworks for 4th of July but he has money for his "own people" parade down Frank E. Rodgers Blvd.  Frank Rodgers would have told McDonough where to go.  He should be ashamed.  Millan kick this guys butt, he deserves it.

What parade for his 'own people' did McDonough have 'money for? Please explain further on that one, since this is the first that I hear of it.

Guest guest
If the town's got money for a Peruvian parade after  having a Multi-Cultural Fest, and NOTHING for the AMERICAN culture, like a 4th OF JULY PARADE; or a MEMORIAL DAY PARADE, or a HALLOWEEN PARADE, than the Mayor is going to 'lose' a 'lot' of VOTES that he TOOK FOR GRANTED!!!

THERE HAD BETTER  BE a Halloween Parade in the works 'before' the NOV ELECTION and not only for 'one'year, but 'every year!!! else there had better be no other parades if there is no money after this Halloween!!!

But we 'long-time' Harrisonians have a HALLOWEEN PARADE owed to us after having a PARUVIAN PARADE!!!  Otherwise that is 'reverse' discrimination!

If you WANT our vote; EARN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read on this site that Vallata is responsible for the PERUVIAN PARADE. So before we get mad at Millan , we should be mad at Vallata for not being patriotic enough to institute a 4th of JULY PARADE, or a MEMORIAL DAY PARADE or bringing back our Traditional HALLOWEEN PARADE.

Vallata's butt should be the "first one" put out, since he isn't concerned about having any traditional, patriotic American parades or a Halloween parade for the children, but instead instituting a PERUVIAN parade for only one group of people.

Guest guest
The irony of the Peruvian Parade through the streets of Harrison is that McDonough walked door to door against his own man-Millan, who was running on the Line, with the line that Millan was only out for his "own people".  The Mayor stated that Millan was only looking out for hispanics.  Now Villalta with the full support of the Mayor (money and otherwise), organizes a Peruvian Parade.  Millan organized a Multicultural Festival/Parade with all nationalities including the USA and he honored our vetereans by having them in prime location at the front of the parade.  McDonough will say anything to eliminate his competition.  He cancels a Halloween Parade and there are no fireworks for 4th of July but he has money for his "own people" parade down Frank E. Rodgers Blvd.  Frank Rodgers would have told McDonough where to go.  He should be ashamed.  Millan kick this guys butt, he deserves it.

I thought that the mayor said that we couldn't have a HALLOWEEN PARADE or a 4th of JULY PARADE, and canceled the old MEMORIAL DAY PARADES WAS BECAUSE 'MONRY' WAS 'TIGHT? BUT MCDONOUGH HAS 'MONEY' FOR A 'PERUVIAN DAY PARADE' TO APPEASE VALLATA??????????????????????????

WELL, THAT JUST LOST THE MAYOR A 'L0T OF VOTS' BECUSE EVEN MILLAN WAS 'MORE PATRIOTIC' AND INCLUSIVE AT THE HARRISON FEST.

VALLATA'S ON HIS WAY OUT AFTER THIS ONE. HE DOESN't care about a HALLOWEEN parade for the kids or veterans or an "ALL AMRICAN PATRIOTIC 'INCLUSIVE' PARADE FOR AN AMERICAN HOLIDAY, ONLY a PERUVIAN Parade for his "OWN PEOPLE".

Guest Guest

AND VALLATTA'S BUTT DON'T FORGET VALLATA, THE TURNCOAT. AND IN 2 years, vallata took more town (Valley) jobs for his family than Millan did in 2 yrs.

Guest Guest
That's not true. I'm American (of Irish decent) and I have many Peruvian friends, none of which believe Peru is 'better' than American. According to most they're incomparable because the lifestyles are completely different. Perhaps they came to this country to make a buck but how can you blame them? Why did your ancestors come here? I'm just as pissed as the rest of you that the Halloween parade was cancelled but do you know for sure that some Peruvian organization didn't pay at least some amount of money for the parade? Did the Irish American club pay for the Saint Patrick's Day parade? How can one be fair and the other not be? I don't know. The racism on this website is almost sickening. We're in the middle of a war and our soldiers are Peruvian, Irish, Brazilian, Polish, etc. If they can fight for us, why can't they have a stupid (yet very amusing) parade? As the saying goes, there are bigger fish to fry. If you're that upset about the Halloween parade then let's start a committee, get permission granted, raise the funds and have ourselves one damn good Halloween parade.

Oh and Mr. Harrison, I have a pretty good idea of who you are and let me tell you now, racism isn't permitted down the path you are choosing to travel, so open your mind. You should understand what it's like to be in a group that is the miniority and not really accepted around here.

:blink: Just shut up.

Guest guest
The only problem is he's indebted with the Mayor.  Taking a job from the Mayor at PVSC as well as his son, Villalta gave up.  He feels like he can't go against the Mayor.  He shold support Millan, so he can be himself

So what if he has a job at PVSC, I know first hand he has people before the job, during the job and currently, you must not know Vic he is a stand up guy, a guy that will take the shirt off his back for you. Watch what you say you may need him someday. He is the ONLY one that does things for people and does not expect anything in return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...