Confine Space Vs. Ems

Guest Phoney Boloney

Guest Phoney Boloney

Which of these two service is needed more frequently? Isn't the town shelling out $30,000.00 a month for a service because the F.D. does not have the manpower to handle the job. How many confine space calls were there last year and how many ambulance calls? Would resources be better used to save lives daily or wait for that "once in a blue moon call" and activate the team. There will be another patch on the uniform shirt ( $tipend = CASH ) and another excuse to avoid the real issue. So the next time the phone rings and the person states that they are having a heart attack, tell them to hold on, we'll be right there with our TRIPOD.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Guest Guest 99
Which of these two service is needed more frequently? Isn't the town shelling out $30,000.00 a month for a service because the F.D. does not have the manpower to handle the job. How many confine space calls were there last year and how many ambulance calls? Would resources be better used to save lives daily or wait for that "once in a blue moon call" and activate the team. There will be another patch on the uniform shirt ( $tipend = CASH ) and another excuse to avoid the real issue. So the next time the phone rings and the person states that they are having a heart attack, tell them to hold on, we'll be right there with our TRIPOD.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

NO, the town is not spending $30,000 a month for ambulance service. It's $30,000 minus any fees collected from you or your insurance company. Am I right Mr. Mangin?

Grant money like that for the confined space training can't be used for what ever you want. It can only be used for the original project. Am I right Mr. Mangin?

I wish you fools would get your info straight before you start spreading these street corner rumors and innuendos. Its people like you that cause most of the problems around here, so get your facts right before blowin' off with the Phoney Boloney(Bologna).

Guest 99 Red

The true fact is that Big Al dose not want the FD to have tha ambulance.

If the FD had tha ambulance they might have their contract settled in less than 3 years.

Am i right Mr Magin?

Guest Guest 99

If you read some of the firemens posts, they are too undermanned to even think about handling the ambulance. Am I right Mr. Mangin, Chairman of the Fire Committee?

Guest 99 Red

The Fireman who do not want to do EMS say that they are undermanned.

The fireman who see the future of the fire service in the united states say they can do it.

I guess it is all depends on who you talk to.

Guest Guest 99

No one is talking about the fire service in the United States. We're talking about Kearny, NJ and the Fire Department is undermanned to even fight a fire safely.

No one is talking about the fire service in the United States. We're talking about Kearny, NJ and the Fire Department is undermanned to even fight a fire safely.

Enough already give us a break will you please? Why are you not stating all this publicly and getting it in the newspapers. Maybe then people will vote for someone else next time! You're preaching in the wrong place!!!!

Guest I pity Them

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Once in a blue moon.....and what do you do when that blue moon comes..."hey buddy, can't come down in that hole to help you...we don't have the equipment or the training....which by the by is mandated by the federal government if you have to enter a confined space...to work...or to rescue....Phoney B, get an education.

The Fireman who do not want to do EMS say that they are undermanned.

The fireman who see the future of the fire service in the united states say they can do it.

I guess it is all depends on who you talk to.

Check out the #'s. If they don't hire 16, they can't run the EMS!

Enough already give us a break will you please? Why are you not stating all this publicly and getting it in the newspapers. Maybe then people will vote for someone else next time! You're preaching in the wrong place!!!!

If the firemen came out publicly they would have to try to persevere the wrath of the upper echelon & hope they weren't fired by the time newly elected officials were in place. There are some lawsuits already in motion on this administration. This is just about the only place to preach without fear of repercussion.

Stop, nobody would be fired. The unions are allowed to take a position

om matters like this and to express their position.

That's right, no one would be fired they're all civil service. They could be laid off but to do that they would have to reduce the table of organization for efficiency and economy and they would never have the you know to do it. So stop with the fear factor and go public

Guest King of Paramedics

Curious.

Why hasn't the town settled the contract with the Fire Department? 4 years is excessive.

What do the firemen want? And what does the town want? (The Major issues only)

Curious.

Why hasn't the town settled the contract with the Fire Department? 4 years is excessive.

What do the firemen want? And what does the town want? (The Major issues only)

The town wants just about everthing that has been negociated for the last 40 years , the firemen want a shift change & a raise that is less than any other union already got. That's the bottom line.

Stop, nobody would be fired. The unions are allowed to take a position

The firemen positions have been expressed to the governing body (all of them).Its basically the harrassment an individual would have to put up with if they go public with the B.S. they have put up with trying to negociate in good faith.They are so vindictive that they will start to burn you for every possible thing they can. If you don't believe it ask the employees in town that have filed suit against these people.

Stop, nobody would be fired.  The unions are allowed to take a position

That's right, no one would be fired they're all civil service. They could be laid off but to do that they would have to reduce the table of organization for efficiency and economy and they would never have the you know to do it. So stop with the fear factor and go public

FYI you can be fired civil service or not!!!

Sorry for the delay in answering. This time of year is crazy.

I was asked:

"NO, the town is not spending $30,000 a month for ambulance service. It's $30,000 minus any fees collected from you or your insurance company. Am I right Mr. Mangin?"

Yes, that is correct.

"Grant money like that for the confined space training can't be used for what ever you want. It can only be used for the original project. Am I right Mr. Mangin?"

Yes, that is also correct.

"The true fact is that Big Al dose not want the FD to have tha ambulance.

If the FD had tha ambulance they might have their contract settled in less than 3 years.

Am i right Mr Magin? "

The only one who can answer the first part is "Big Al" himself (Did I really just call him Big Al?).

As for the second part, I don't see the ambulance issue impacting the delay in this contract settlement. There are other "factors" at work here, and the ambulance is not one of them.

"If you read some of the firemens posts, they are too undermanned to even think about handling the ambulance. Am I right Mr. Mangin, Chairman of the Fire Committee? "

Yes I agree. The Kearny Fire Department right now is at the minimum staffing as allowed by recent PERC decisions. In my opinion the 17 man minimum is enough for adequate fire protection. But, to add the ambulance service would require quite a few additional bodies. How many? I really don't know.

"No one is talking about the fire service in the United States. We're talking about Kearny, NJ and the Fire Department is undermanned to even fight a fire safely. "

This statement I disagree with. I think the Kearny Fire Department is sufficiently manned to fight fires safely. But, as I said, we are at the minimum manpower allowed.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Archived