robberies in town

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
Sorry as@hole, there arent enough cops.  The dept manpower is at a 15 yr low.  The town fathers blame the state meanwhile the residents are placed in a bad spot and the cops are being taxed.  They are working way shorthanded with no relief in site.  When you have an alarm of fire call, who shows up first?  The FD?  I don't think so.  The PD is there in most cases 3-5 minutes before the FD roll out of their bunks, wipe the sand from their eyes, and oh yeah, call Kearny FD, because TK won't let his guy do their job.  The PD response time is usually outstanding.  The cops "hang out" at the gardens because there is a post there.  You should know your facts before you open up your yap, dipsh@t!

There is usually one cop on duty, not the short one who parks in the lot to visit his friends while ON DUTY...DIPSH**

Guest guest
This is just a figment of the imagionation. Everyone knows there is no crime in Harrison. People with sour grapes who don't like the mayer make this crap up.

You can't make up two weeks straight of people getting robbed, and by that I mean there have been several robberies, there was a guy pushed down by warren st. his wallet and phone were taken, the next night a woman had her pocket book stolen in the same area, there was some kind of robbery every day for the past two weeks. The day after the junk yard was hit a woman almost had her pocket book stolen at the walk bridge on 5th. So if they want to keep things hush hush in this town so it doesn't hurt the redevelopment then we need to make it known so tell a friend, put it on the web, tell people to watch out and not to carry anything vaulable on their person and not to carry their credit cards or large amounts of cash. It is a sin that we have to be the prisoners but the Big guy tends to think he can run this town with 30 officers, I think he should hire 30 more.

Guest Guest*****
You can't make up two weeks straight of people getting robbed, and by that I mean there have been several robberies, there was a guy pushed down by warren st. his wallet and phone were taken,  the next night a woman had her pocket book stolen in the same area, there was some kind of robbery every day for the past two weeks. The day after the junk yard was hit a woman almost had her pocket book stolen at the walk bridge on 5th. So if they want to keep things hush hush in this town so it doesn't hurt the redevelopment then we need to make it known so tell a friend, put it on the web, tell people to watch out and not to carry anything vaulable on their person and not to carry their credit cards or large amounts of cash. It is a sin that we have to be the prisoners but the Big guy tends to think he can run this town with 30 officers, I think he should hire 30 more.

DITTO

Guest Guest
This is just a figment of the imagionation. Everyone knows there is no crime in Harrison. People with sour grapes who don't like the mayer make this crap up.

I wish it was made up I would most certainly feel a lot safer, But unfortunately it isn't...So crawl back into what You think is Your safe little Hole and Stay there....

Guest Guest_resident_*

THEY WANT YOU WANT YOU TO THINK THIS TOWN IS SAFE.LETS GET ONE THING STRAIGHT THEY ARE ROBBING CARS, PLUS IF YOU DO NOT GET YOUR CAR IT IS THE DAMAGE THAT THEY ARE DOING TO YOUR CARS. DAYTIME OR NIGHTTIME IT DOES NOT MATTER THIS TOWN IS FULL OF CRIME.NOW THEY ARE ROBBING PEOPLE OF THERE POCKETBOOKS DAYTIME TO. WHEN YOU CALL AND REPORT A CRIME IT TAKES THESE COPS ALONG TIME TO GET HERE AND OF COURSE EVERYTHING IS O.K. THIS TOWN IS FAR FROM O.K. WE NEED MORE COPS HOW ABOUT WALKING THE BEAT MAYBE THEY WILL SEE WHAT CRIME IS GOING ON?

Guest hmmmm
I think someone hit a soft spot bringing up cops hanging at the gardens...hmmm?

I don't thik so. If the cops are hanging there as you allege, then call the Man in Charge at the PD (No not Ronny) and complain. Cops are assigned there sometimes. Other times its part of there assignment to be there. If they are hanging then they are wrong.

Guest Good response
for your info the cops do not hang in the gardens during the day. Get your facts straight. The reason they were not caught is because the owner of Rover dialed 911 which went into jersey city before harrison received it.

Yep, you are right. Receiving a routed call thru the 911 system can take upwards of 5-plus minutes to be properly communicated to police dispatch.

Guest Guest
how do you know this wasn't an isolated incident....the junkyard and garbage business is not run by nuns.....

Seriously, don't junk yards take money for scrap from "junkies" and other undesirables????? You see them walking around with the shopping carts full of shit.

Lay with dogs and you will get bit.....

Guest Guest
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!

TELL EVERYINE TO START CALLING UP THE NEW POLICE CHIEF AND ALSO THE LADY EDITOR OF THE OBSERVER, REQUESTING BY POPULAR DEMAND THAT THE 'BEST' 'INFORMATIVE 'PART OF THE OBSERVER WAS THE "NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH", AND TO PLEASE BRING IT BACK IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE IT HELPS KEEPS THE LOCAL PEOPLE AWARE OF WHAT TO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR IN PROTECTING THEMSELVES AND THEIR NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!!!

Harrison Police 973-483-4100  ask for Chief Kearns

The Observer Tel: 201-991-1600

FAX:  201-991-8941

Give me a break, the neighborhood watch is all about people being nosey and you know it. You should always be on the look out and be aware of your surroundings. The gossip rag should not be the one to tell you that. Watch yourself, watch your kids and lock your doors, period.

Guest guest
I don't thik so.  If the cops are hanging there as you allege, then call the Man in Charge at the PD (No not Ronny) and complain.  Cops are assigned there sometimes.  Other times its part of there assignment to be there.  If they are hanging then they are wrong.

If the cops are hanging around the Gardens, I never see them. THEY BETTER START INVESTIGATING ALL OF THE DRUG USE AND DRUG DEALERS WHILE THEY ARE 'HANGINH\G' AROUND THE GARDENS.

Guest Guest

maybe you feel its being nosey. But it's letting people know what's going on and to be aware. I don't think that's being nosey. Maybe you'll find your name in it thats why your against it.

Guest just observing
maybe you feel its being nosey. But it's letting people know what's going on and to be aware. I don't think that's being nosey. Maybe you'll find your name in it thats why your against it.

You're absolutely right. Its intentions are honorable. But in the end, it just turns out to be a gossip sheet. Everyone is just looking at the names and not the offenses committed. Plus since the guy that handled warrant arrests left years ago, you would be looking at a blank page. 80% of the NW was warrant arrests. And since there is "no crime in Harrison", it would be pointless to waste space by printing the miniscule amount of warrant arresrs that are now being made.