Another ACLU outrage

Guest 2smart4u

Guest 2smart4u
And yet for some reason (Gee, what could it be?!), you right-wing nutcakes can't cite one example of any meritorious case the ACLU ever turned down. Ever. Not even one. If what you're saying was true, it would be a simple matter for right wingers to take all their wonderful cases to the ACLU, and when the ACLU turned them down, publicly expose them as frauds. But you can't because the ACLU takes cases based on merit.

You see, there's this thing called the Constitution. It provides a set of principles that form the basis for our legal system. If those principles are cast aside, the American system won't exist any more. Now I know it must seem unfathomable to you that anyone should act on principle, since you don't have any principles and therefore don't understand what it's like to live by them. But until you have some evidence to support your claim, you're really not saying anything.

I know your religion teaches you that if you say something enough it becomes true. If you ever grow up, you'll realize that there's a thing called reality, which doesn't care how many times you say something.

Of course, that's not going to stop you from repeating the same idiotic claims over

and over

and over

and over

and over . . .

In your little pea brain you've created a world in which everyone and everything you don't understand is "Loony Left." And since that's pretty much everyone and everything, you've got a lot to be angry at.

Of course, you could prove me wrong by supplying the vast amount of evidence you have to support your claim. Doesn't it ever dawn on you that you might be wrong?

Did it ever occur to you that most clear thinking Americans needing legal representation would

avoid the ACLU like the plague. Only the totally destitute (not counting Loony Lefties) would want to

be associated with the American Communist Liberation Union.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Goose for the Gander
I'm sorry, was Roe v. Wade in the Constitution, or was it created by the Supreme Court. Remember, I'm not arguing the validity of abortion, only that it doesn't EXIST in the Constitution. Later!!

Due process and equal protection exist in the Constitution. The Supreme Court has determined due process includes privacy (which includes the reproductive rights of contraception and abortion).

You can equally argue that stopping the recount of an election being conducted by a State (in full compliance with State law) on the grounds that the recount violates the 14th Amendment's Equal Protection Clause is also nowhere in the Constitution. (Recounts? Ballots? Chads? where are they in the Constitution?) But, sure enough, by a 5 to 4 vote, that is what the Supreme Court did in Bush v. Gore. If you're a conservative fundie, that's particularly hypocritical since the Court had to dismiss States' rights to get to their desired result.

Guest a proud american
As stated by another poster, the ACLU will occasionally take on a minor conservative cause to give the

impression of balance. This is a calculated PR job. Only the Loony Left and the seriously naive will believe

otherwise. Which one (or both) are you.

Why don't you go to their web site and read their history. You can also read some of the cases that they have argued in the past or have filed briefs on behalf of individuals. Since you're a "patriot" you should be proud that there is an organization who believes in the Constitution. You know, the documents that the real "patriots" fought for.

Did it ever occur to you that most clear thinking Americans needing legal representation would

avoid the ACLU like the plague. Only the totally destitute (not counting Loony Lefties) would want to

So racism is clear thinking?

Guest Truth Squad

You mean that right-wing ideologues like you would avoid the ACLU because you're so blinded by your radical ideology that you can't see. You're also incapable to connecting two thoughts, which is why you can completely contradict yourself as you just did, and not even know it.

Now let me spell that out for you because I know it's a hard one for you. Your claim was that the ACLU only takes on an occasional right winger for show. But you just told us that right wingers don't want the ACLU to represent them. So which is it, idiot?

most clear thinking Americans needing legal representation would

avoid the ACLU like the plague.

So you agree that Rush Limbaugh is not a clear thinking American, since he asked the ACLU for help?

It's so funny when you trap yourself.

Guest Studies and Observations
Why don't you go to their web site and read their history. You can also read some of the cases that they have argued in the past or have filed briefs on behalf of individuals. Since you're a "patriot" you should be proud that there is an organization who believes in the Constitution. You know, the documents that the real "patriots" fought for.

Unless of course it's one of the Constitutional Ammendments that the ACLU doesnt believe in...Like the Second Ammendment....

Guest 2smart4u
So you agree that Rush Limbaugh is not a clear thinking American, since he asked the ACLU for help?

It's so funny when you trap yourself.

Look up the word "most", dummy.

So what makes Limbaugh different? Why, in your opinion, did Limbaugh allow the ACLU to defend him, if they're so "communist"? Are you saying Limbaugh is a communist? :rolleyes:

Guest Truth Squad

So why would Rush Limbaugh seek counsel from the ACLU? He has plenty of money. Why not get his own private counsel?

Maybe you should look up the word "dummy."

So why would Rush Limbaugh seek counsel from the ACLU? He has plenty of money. Why not get his own private counsel?

You should do some research. Limbaugh DID have his own counsel, whom he kept throughout the process. The ACLU got involved at THEIR request, not Limbaugh's due to the nature of the case ie. Whether or not medical records are REALLY private as HIPAA states, or if the Govt can open them up on grounds of "Reasonable Suspicion" rather than "Probable Cause" as they would for any other warrant.

Guest Twizzler
So what makes Limbaugh different? Why, in your opinion, did Limbaugh allow the ACLU to defend him, if they're so "communist"? Are you saying Limbaugh is a communist? :rolleyes:

Typical right wing ethics. It only matters if it affects you personally.

The magazine article I read stated the ACLU contacted Limbaugh and offered their

their services pro bono ( that's "free" for truth squad morons).

Guest Truth Squad
You should do some research. Limbaugh DID have his own counsel, whom he kept throughout the process. The ACLU got involved at THEIR request, not Limbaugh's due to the nature of the case ie. Whether or not medical records are REALLY private as HIPAA states, or if the Govt can open them up on grounds of "Reasonable Suspicion" rather than "Probable Cause" as they would for any other warrant.

I didn't have to do research. I knew Limbaugh wouldn't ask for help from ACLU. Read my post again.

The point is, ACLU intervened on his side of the case, despite the fact that their people probably can't stand him. It was about the principle.

Guest a proud american
I didn't have to do research. I knew Limbaugh wouldn't ask for help from ACLU. Read my post again.

The point is, ACLU intervened on his side of the case, despite the fact that their people probably can't stand him. It was about the principle.

For those who are interested in the ACLU and religion, go to ask.com and type in ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression. Part one describes the defending of those identifying themselves as Christians and part two those who have other beliefs.

There are at-least 102 cases that they have been involved in. I used religion, since most of the uninformed tend to be conservative in nature and think the ACLU is godless I thought they might be interested. I doubt that they will but there is always hope. Also, in case they didn't realize it Bob Barr, former Congressman from Georgia and staunch conservative is a working member of the ACLU.

Guest Patriot
For those who are interested in the ACLU and religion, go to ask.com and type in ACLU Defense of Religious Practice and Expression. Part one describes the defending of those identifying themselves as Christians and part two those who have other beliefs.

There are at-least 102 cases that they have been involved in. I used religion, since most of the uninformed tend to be conservative in nature and think the ACLU is godless I thought they might be interested. I doubt that they will but there is always hope. Also, in case they didn't realize it Bob Barr, former Congressman from Georgia and staunch conservative is a working member of the ACLU.

The ACLU has tried for years to remove the Soledad Cross from the hillside in San Diego, a cross

dedicated to our war dead. Yeah, the ACLU is a real All-American bunch.

The ACLU has tried for years to remove the Soledad Cross from the hillside in San Diego, a cross

IF you weren't the whiney little pissant that you are you'd understand that want the ACLU opposes in this case is the government promotion of a religious symbol, and rightly so.

But to understand that you'd have to pull your head out of your sorry A** and make an attempt at reading AND undertsanding the Constitution, something you've obviously never done.

Guest Patriot
IF you weren't the whiney little pissant that you are you'd understand that want the ACLU opposes in this case is the government promotion of a religious symbol, and rightly so.

But to understand that you'd have to pull your head out of your sorry A** and make an attempt at reading AND undertsanding the Constitution, something you've obviously never done.

Patriots of the USA have died to protect miscreants like this.

Guest *Autonomous*

True patriots don't consider a fellow American a miscreant for disagreeing with them politically. The fact is, anyone who swallows the party line (whatever the party) hook, line, and sinker like you do is an unthinking moron.

Guest *Autonomous*

The plaintiff in the case is Philip Paulson, not the ACLU. Paulson is an actual Vietnam vet. But just keep believing the crap you're fed.

The cross is not dedicated to our war dead.

The Mt. Soledad Easter Cross was dedicated to "Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" in a dedication bulletin by the grandmother of William J. Kellogg, President of the Mt. Soledad Memorial Association on Easter Sunday, 1954.-- [Paulson v. City of San Diego, 262 F.3d 885 (9th Cir. 2001), Documents on file with the US District Court of Southern California]

So now what's your defense, other than the fact that you don't care whether the government becomes an arm of the Christian religion?

WTF do YOU know about patriots you silly REMF wanker?

And if you can't understand the concept about why the government should not promote religion why not just stumble back to your barstool and drown yourself in cheap beer? Probably the only thing you're capable of other than hiding under your bed in fear.