Santos and Bush

wu-su

Guest Guest
If you filed a suit against someone, and they lied on the stand, you might have a different opinion about the severity of the lie.

That does NOTHING to explain the adoration of a man who sold weapons to an enemy of the US.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does NOTHING to explain the adoration of a man who sold weapons to an enemy of the US.

The adoration comes from the ability Reagan had to make us a proud people once again. After Jimmy C. it was as if being American was something you should have to apologize for. The fact that the Reagan administration traded weapons for the lives of fellow Americans doesn't bother me; it shouldn't bother you either.

But, then you get a guy who lied because he couldn't keep it in his pants, that bothers me. Kennedy was a notorious womanizer, he had the sense to be a whole lot more discreet. What bothers me about the Clintons, is the fact that they thumb their nose at you, and act like they are above suspicion.

I enjoy a strong belief that the we are the good guys. Not perfect; we can and do make mistakes, but unlike other places, when we make mistakes we make good. No amount of Bush bashing will EVER make me apologize for being a patriotic American. I believe that 99.95% of our military sons and daughters do an impossible job very well, and for those that cross the line, there should be punishment.

Guest Patriot
It's useless to talk with you because you ignore facts and just blather.  If you think selling weapons to an enemy is fine and lying about a BJ is a capital offense you have an extremely warped sense of values.

Let's just forget abot the past and talk about the fine mess the current president has created.

Selling weapons, that as history shows didn't harm anyone, is an insignificant blip when contrasted with defeating the Soviet Union and bringing the world back from the brink of a nuclear war. Reagan also brought down the Berlin Wall.

Now let's see...... What did Clinton do ??? Well, he lied before Congress and the world, disgracing himself, his family and the presidency. Was empeached, disbarred, and got a BJ in the Oval Office.

I can understand you're wanting to "Let's just forget about the past".

Guest Patriot
You are just confirming how stupid you truly are if you think the president should be anything but a servant of the people.  You're a JOKE!  You call yourself a patriot and have NO CONCEPT why the US was founded.

Now the president is a "servant" too ?? Let's see, in your Kool-aid clouded mind he's only an "employee" and now a "servant" too ?? For such a lowly person, he has some pretty good perks. Lives in the White House, has a private 747, and commands the most powerful military in the history of the world.

Go back under your bed with the NY Times and your Kool-aid.

Guest Guest
Now the president is a "servant"  too ??  Let's see, in your Kool-aid clouded mind he's only an "employee" and  now a "servant"  too ??  For such a lowly person, he has some pretty good perks.  Lives in the White House, has a private 747, and commands the  most powerful military in the history of the world.

Go back under your bed with the NY Times and your Kool-aid.

Kool-Aid? Well Pat Rat, still have that obsession?

You're DAMN RIGHT he's there to serve the people, if it was the opposite he'd be called the king. And in one of those rare instances you are correct. he DOES have some pretty damn good perqs and it's about damn time he started earning them.

Guest Guest
BTW,  "indiscretion"  ??  He LIED to Congress.  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" !!    The average person lies to a grand jury, they go to jail. The President lies to Congress and it's an "indiscretion" ?? Typical liberal crap.

Congress is not a grand jury, he got the punishment they were able to impose, if you don't like the laws work to have them changed or STFU.

But it's acceptable to forget selling weapons to an enemy state? Typical conservative hypocrisy.

You don't like "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"? How about the bigger lie that' killed many..............Mission Accomplished?

Guest Guest
The adoration comes from the ability Reagan had to make us a proud people once again.  After Jimmy C. it was as if being American was something you should have to apologize for.  The fact that the Reagan administration traded weapons for the lives of fellow Americans doesn't bother me; it shouldn't bother you either.

Reagan said the weapon sales had nothing to do with hostages, just more f his lies? And he didn't make me proud by being the liar he was.

Guest Guest
But, then you get a guy who lied because he couldn't keep it in his pants, that bothers me.  Kennedy was a notorious womanizer, he had the sense to be a whole lot more discreet.  What bothers me about the Clintons, is the fact that they thumb their nose at you, and act like they are above suspicion.

Clinton's white trash, I don't think anyone will argue that point. I'm a lot more bothered by someone who so casually forgets selling weapons to an enemy state.

Guest Guest

I enjoy a strong belief that the we are the good guys.  Not perfect; we can and do make mistakes, but unlike other places, when we make mistakes we make good.  No amount of Bush bashing will EVER make me apologize for being a patriotic American.  I believe that 99.95% of our military sons and daughters do an impossible job very well, and for those that cross the line, there should be punishment.

100% agree with your comment on the miltary.

I don't understand your saying: "No amount of Bush bashing will EVER make me apologize for being a patriotic American."

Number one, I don't believe someone saying "I think Bush is wrong because......................." is bashing, it's stating an opinion and every American has that right.

I think it's every bit as much an act of patriotism trying to have something changed that you feel is wrong as sitting on your ass and believing everything you're told without considering other factors.

Guest Guest
The adoration comes from the ability Reagan had to make us a proud people once again.  After Jimmy C. it was as if being American was something you should have to apologize for.  The fact that the Reagan administration traded weapons for the lives of fellow Americans doesn't bother me; it shouldn't bother you either.

He was a journeyman actor and gave rousing speeches, I don't think his actions lived up to the hype and hoopla.

Guest Guest
Selling weapons, that as history shows didn't harm anyone, is an insignificant blip when contrasted with defeating the Soviet Union and bringing the world back from the brink of a nuclear war. Reagan also brought down the Berlin Wall.

Now let's  see...... What did Clinton do ???  Well, he lied before Congress and the world, disgracing himself, his family and the presidency. Was empeached, disbarred, and got a BJ in the Oval Office. 

I can understand you're wanting to "Let's just forget about the past".

WHEN were we ever on the BRINK of war in the Reagan era? Get some FACTS instead of your BS. He broughtbthe Berlin Wall down all by himself? YOU are a SAP if you don't realize how many factors were involved. He defeated the Soviet Union? In what? A game of horseshoes? The Soviet Union did a pretty damn good job of unraveling itself.

Saying selling weapons to an enemy state was OK since nobody got hurt, the very definition of an act of treason, is PURE BS. How do you know that technology wasn't copied and is harming people right now you idiot!

I'd be very disapponted if Willy was the first to have sex in the White House outside a bedroom and adultery is between him and his wife so get over it you puritanical little twit.

Go support YOUR TREASONOUS HEROE you WANKER!

Guest Guest
and got a BJ in the Oval Office. 

Please help me understand, what has you WANKERS so obsessed?

Do you think:

A) Oral sex is wrong?

;) Sex outside a bedroom is wrong?

C) Adultery is wrong?

D) Lying to Congress is wrong?

I can only agree with two but you WANKERS seem to go 4 for 4.

Guest Guest
Selling weapons, that as history shows didn't harm anyone, is an insignificant blip 

By your reasoning Billy getting a BJ harmed no one but Hillary and he never should have been given the opportunity to lie to Congress so I think you should shut up.

Since when does a lack of harm constitute defense for treason? And please don't waste my time trying to claim selling weapons to an enemy state isn't treason.

100% agree with your comment on the miltary.

I don't understand your saying: "No amount of Bush bashing will EVER make me apologize for being a patriotic American."

Number one, I don't believe someone saying "I think Bush is wrong because......................." is bashing, it's stating an opinion and every American has that right.

I think it's every bit as much an act of patriotism trying to have something changed that you feel is wrong as sitting on your ass and believing everything you're told without considering other factors.

Yet you make an ASSUMPTION that yours is the enlightened viewpoint, and I "sit on my ass believing everything I'm told". I read from a diverse number of sources, not all one sided. I then formulate opinions based on knowledge of history, opinion, and core beliefs instilled by my parents. I'm sure you do the same.

I only said that Bush bashing wouldn't make me apologize. I never claimed you were anti-patriotic, only that I considered myself to be patriotic. Perhaps your guilty conscience has kicked into overdrive!!

Guest BushBacker
WHEN were we ever on the BRINK of war in the Reagan era?  Get some FACTS instead of your BS.  He broughtbthe Berlin Wall down all by himself?  YOU are a SAP if you don't realize how many factors were involved.  He defeated the Soviet Union?  In what?  A game of horseshoes?  The Soviet Union did a pretty damn good job of unraveling itself.

Saying selling weapons to an enemy state was OK since nobody got hurt, the very definition of an act of treason, is PURE BS.  How do you know that technology wasn't copied and is harming people right now you idiot!

I'd be very disapponted if Willy was the first to have sex in the White House outside a bedroom and adultery is between him and his wife so get over it you puritanical little twit. 

Go support YOUR TREASONOUS HEROE you WANKER!

Let's see, in your Kool-aid infused diatribe, you used the words: sap, idiot, twit and wanker. Very good !! You've learned how to speak like a democrat. You should be very proud.

Guest Guest
Yet you make an ASSUMPTION that yours is the enlightened viewpoint, and I "sit on my ass believing everything I'm told".  I read from a diverse number of sources, not all one sided.  I then formulate opinions based on knowledge of history, opinion, and core beliefs instilled by my parents.  I'm sure you do the same.

ReRead.........it wasn't said that it was YOU sirtting on your ass but a general statement about the self-proclaimed patriots who lisyen only to the pap handed to them and make no effort to see anything eelse.

Guest Guest
Let's see,  in your Kool-aid infused diatribe, you used the words: sap, idiot, twit and wanker. Very good !!  You've learned how to speak like a democrat. You should be very proud.

Well..........when somebody tries to justify a treasonous act with BS I get het up, I also get that way about inane statements about Kool-Aid from people who won't try to justify their statements with anything sensible.

So I guess your obsession with Kool-Aid and lack pf factual statements is learning how to think like a Republican. YOU should be very proud to call presidents your own that have resigned in disgrace and sold weapons to the enemy.

Guest 2smart4u
Well..........when somebody tries to justify a treasonous act with BS I get het up, I also get that way about inane statements about Kool-Aid from people who won't try to justify their statements with anything sensible. 

So I guess your obsession with Kool-Aid and lack pf factual statements is learning how to think like a Republican.  YOU should be very proud to call presidents your own that have resigned in disgrace and sold weapons to the enemy.

"Treasonous act" ?? Congress didn't think so. Apparently you're alone with that dumb statement. BushBacker was right, you're doing too much Kool-aid.

Guest Guest
"Treasonous act" ?? Congress didn't think so. Apparently you're alone with that dumb statement. BushBacker was right, you're doing too much Kool-aid.

Selling weapons to an enemy state is NOT a treasonous act? What drugs are YOU on?

Congress didn't think so or it couldm't be proved with the comvenient amnesia and other lies?

Guest BushBacker
Selling weapons to an enemy state is NOT a treasonous act?  What drugs are YOU on?

Congress didn't think so or it couldm't be proved with the comvenient amnesia and other lies?

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Guest Guest
Congress apparently thought so.

Thought what? If you had a gram of common sense you'd realize that acquittal ONLY means guilt was not proven beyond a shadow of doubt, NOT innocence. How convenient to be able to get away with uh "I forgot I commited an act of treason". You people who get so upset about a BJ have an EXTREMELY warped set of values. Of course when you get more upset about a nipple on TV than you do about entering a war of choice and not necessity I guess it's not surprising.

Then again, you throw out lies about book lists and other things and hope the fish will bite. The Tailgunner would be soooooooooooooo proud.

Guest Patriot

Thought what?  If you had a gram of common sense you'd realize that acquittal ONLY means guilt was not proven beyond a shadow of doubt, NOT innocence.  How convenient to be able to get away with uh "I forgot I commited an act of treason".  You people who get so upset about a BJ have an EXTREMELY warped set of values.  Of course when you get more upset about a nipple on TV than you do about entering a war of choice and not necessity I guess it's not surprising.

Then again, you throw out lies about book lists and other things and hope the fish will bite.  The Tailgunner would be soooooooooooooo proud.

Let me get this straight. Congress didn't have proof but you do ?? WOW !! I'm impressed.