Disgusted!

MissTish21

I am so disgusted and embarressed with the majority of the people who write on this forum. It is always complaining and arguments and it's always about the same s**t. I understand why people are upset but let it go or shut up. Noone ever has anything nice to say. Instead of Kearny on the Web it should be called The Miserable People of Kearny. I have been a Kearny resident my entire life and I have a vacation home in the Poconos. I go to both Web sites and read what the community is talking about and the difference between the 2 are incredible! People on the other website wish eachother happy holidays, which i did not see one person on this forum do (I may be mistaken though) and if they are unhappy with something, they say it once, talk alittle about it and that's it. I do not usually post but if I do, I only ask questions or have something nice to say. But as it turns out from what I just wrote, this was a complaint. So thanks to all the complaints I read and read and read for turning me into a miserable Kearny resident.

Happy Holidays Kearny and lighten up!

KOTW Note: Where the astericks (**) appear, I edited based on the no profanity policy. Please note: KOTW did wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

I am so disgusted and embarressed with the majority of the people who write on this forum. It is always complaining and arguments and it's always about the same shit. I understand why people are upset but let it go or shut up. Noone ever has anything nice to say. Instead of Kearny on the Web it should be called The Miserable People of Kearny. I have been a Kearny resident my entire life and I have a vacation home in the Poconos. I go to both Web sites and read what the community is talking about and the difference between the 2 are incredible! People on the other website wish eachother happy holidays, which i did not see one person on this forum do (I may be mistaken though) and if they are unhappy with something, they say it once, talk alittle about it and that's it. I do not usually post but if I do, I only ask questions or have something nice to say. But as it turns out from what I just wrote, this was a complaint. So thanks to all the complaints I read and read and read for turning me into a miserable Kearny resident.

Happy Holidays Kearny and lighten up!

Why don't you just make the Poconos your permanant residence. You can get on the computer & compliment your neighbors all day long since nobody works up there anymore & everyone is sucking the Government T-T! Don't worry about us Miserable Ballbusters down here in old Kearny you know we'll be out working our nuts of to live here! Your right about one thing though there is an incredible difference between us & them, we work for a living!!!

Miss Tish:Your point is well taken and you should not have to take abuse for giving your opinion. I think you are right in that there are many unhappy folks in Kearny. Let's face it, it's expensive to live here taxes are really high and it's congested, services are not great except for garbage pick-up, with the exception of organized sports there is very little recreation, there are no recreation programs for adults or seniors as in other towns, and it's not very clean. When you put it all together, people are unhappy but feel trapped into staying here for one reason or another and it's making them negative. Sad.

Miss Tish:Your point is well taken and you should not have to take abuse for giving your opinion. I think you are right in that there are many unhappy folks in Kearny. Let's face it, it's expensive to live here taxes are really high and it's congested, services are not great except for garbage pick-up, with the exception of organized sports there is very little recreation, there are no recreation programs for adults or seniors as in other towns, and it's not very clean. When you put it all together, people are unhappy but feel trapped into staying here for one reason or another and it's making them negative. Sad.

If it is to expensive & everything is as screwed up as you think it it, then you ought to move to the Poconos too. I heard there is one job opening up there, dishwasher at Ham & Eggs served in the Pan. Lot of scrubbing though but it should be worth it just not to have to listen to us unhappy, negative, trapped citizens of Kearny.

Guest Itsthesameallover

How can you say that our services are not that great?

The town of Kearny has an Awesome Fire Dept and and an Awesome Police Dept! Except for contracts, the service that they provide is nothing but the best.

We have an issue going on about the ambulance service, but I believe it's the elected officials that are causing all the anger on this website. :angry:

Kearny needs to be taken over by the state before any progress is going to be made. We have elected a whole group of incompetent A-holes to run this town.

We should put them on a short bus with their hockey helmets and send them on their way. :D

I knew when I wrote about this topic I would get the immature repsonses which was received. I never said that I do not like Kearny nor did I say I would move to the Poconos. I do not complain about the town of Kearny. I was writing about the people who constantly complain on this board and once again NOT THE TOWN OF KEARNY. It came as no surprise to me that I would get all negativity back. And as far as noone has jobs up there, everyone I know up there has jobs so get your facts straight about the place where I vacation. You don't know me and you have no right attacking me because I have an opinion. I read all your immature comments and complaints all the time, give me a break. I understand that people are unhappy with what is going on with the town, then do something about it or shut up. If your trying to do something, good for you and I wish you the best. The only thing I was trying to say is that there is so much negativity towards oneanother on this board instead of being nice to your fellow neighbor and judging from the kind of responses I have received, you proved my point.

Once again, Happy Holidays Everyone!

Why don't you just make the Poconos your permanant residence. You can get on the computer & compliment your neighbors all day long since nobody works up there anymore & everyone is sucking the Government T-T! Don't worry about us Miserable Ballbusters down here in old Kearny you know we'll be out working our nuts of to live here! Your right about one thing though there is an incredible difference between us & them, we work for a living!!!

Do you want me to whip out the violin for you? For your information, I work my ass off too to live here. Your whole entire response to me was absolutely ignorant. Please read over what I was saying and if you still don't like it, we'll discuss it in a mature matter and maybe we can understand eachother.

Many people on this board are quick to lash out towards people who contradict their way of thinking. MissTish21, I understand how you feel. People shouldn't be arguing nor complaining like this. It's probably unhealthy, then again it might not be. But with all due respect, it is a person's constitutional right to complain. There are no laws on complaining or such matter. A person can complain as much as they want. Whether its right or not is a different matter.

I honestly don't see the point in complaining, its a waste of time and energy. The only positive aspect I see in complaining is that it lets people vent their frustration and/or feelings. And I believe this is what most people are doing here. Rather than have their feelings bottled up, they let them out on this board. While I don't approve of it, I don't argue about it because they have every right to do so. I also don't argue because it would be a waste of time.

I'm sorry for the backhanded comments made by most of the people here. I will not make such comments such as telling you where to live or how hard you must work. That is immature and ignorant. I also hope that these post by others does not give you the idea that all the members here are the same way.

I have but one favor to ask of you MissTish21. Try not to compare the people here with those in the Poconos. I suspect it would be like comparing apples and oranges.

PS. Happy Holidays

Many people on this board are quick to lash out towards people who contradict their way of thinking. MissTish21, I understand how you feel. People shouldn't be arguing nor complaining like this. It's probably unhealthy, then again it might not be. But with all due respect, it is a person's constitutional right to complain. There are no laws on complaining or such matter. A person can complain as much as they want. Whether its right or not is a different matter.

I honestly don't see the point in complaining, its a waste of time and energy. The only positive aspect I see in complaining is that it lets people vent their frustration and/or feelings. And I believe this is what most people are doing here. Rather than have their feelings bottled up, they let them out on this board. While I don't approve of it, I don't argue about it because they have every right to do so. I also don't argue because it would be a waste of time.

I'm sorry for the backhanded comments made by most of the people here. I will not make such comments such as telling you where to live or how hard you must work. That is immature and ignorant. I also hope that these post by others does not give you the idea that all the members here are the same way.

I have but one favor to ask of you MissTish21. Try not to compare the people here with those in the Poconos. I suspect it would be like comparing apples and oranges.

PS. Happy Holidays

Thank you very much for your understanding. You are absolutely right that people have the right to complain but I just wish they were just nicer to oneanother. And I do not mean everyone on the board is like this but there are many. And when I compared the Poconos to Kearny, I didn't mean it in the way that I believe you and others took it. I meant that on they're board, they are much nicer to oneanother, not saying that they are nicer people outside the board, but there is a different vibe I get and I wish it was like it on the Kearny board. If people are going to complain, so be it, but the attacking of oneanother because they have a different opinion is just plain stupid. Instead of attacking someone because of their opinion, they should try to understand it. It's called being openminded. Thank you once again Senshi for your understanding and I hope there are others who agree with me. Have a Happy New Year.

what a miserable person you are to come here and piss and moan about how WE complain. Who are you to judge anyone? It seems to me that you should take a good look at yourself. I think you need someone to lay some pipe! :angry:

Guest guest_Guest

Where in the Poconos is your vacation home?

I grew up in Kearny and my family had av acation home in the Poconos at Lake Naomi. Right now we have a tennant in that house though.

What is the website you visit for the Poconos?

Miss Tish:Your point is well taken and you should not have to take abuse for giving your opinion.  I think you are right in that there are many unhappy folks in Kearny. Let's face it, it's expensive to live here taxes are really high and it's congested, services are not great except for garbage pick-up, with the exception of organized sports there is very little recreation, there are no recreation programs for adults or seniors as in other towns, and it's not very clean. When you put it all together, people are unhappy but feel trapped into staying here for one reason or another and it's making them negative.  Sad.

If it is to expensive & everything is as screwed up as you think it it, then you ought to move to the Poconos too. I heard there is one job opening up there, dishwasher at Ham & Eggs served in the Pan. Lot of scrubbing though but it should be worth it just not to have to listen to us unhappy, negative, trapped citizens of Kearny.

I heard it was a town job opening, pays not as good as Kearny but you only need to be unhappy and you qualify.

Where in the Poconos is your vacation home?

I grew up in Kearny and my family had av acation home in the Poconos at Lake Naomi. Right now we have a tennant in that house though.

What is the website you visit for the Poconos?

Do you get a check from the State for your tennants rent?

• 2 weeks later...
Don't worry about the last two MissTish. look Out is only five and Steve is his little brother.

And don't forget the odd ball who posts things to infuriate the cops while making it look like it is someone else the cops hate is making the posts.

Don't worry about the last two MissTish. look Out is only five and Steve is his little brother.

And don't forget the odd ball who posts things to infuriate the cops while making it look like it is someone else the cops hate is making the posts.

HUH? :lol:

Archived