Orange Alert

Guest The New Mayor

Guest The New Mayor

So, what does the town of Harrison do when the United States Government raises the Homeland Security Advisory System from Yellow to Orange?

Does Harrison have a plan in place?

What does it do to inform its citizens?

How much extra money is expelled and for what?

Are Public Safety agencies prepared and trained?

Is the a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) in place?

Anyone, feel free to answer & comment.

My biggest problem with Harrison when it comes to Homeland Security is the Path.

There are no guards there, checking bags or looking for suspicious people. Anyone could walk onto the Path train in Harrison with a bookbag full of explosives, and do real damage to the train, and possibly a tunnel. Aren't all of these tunnels and bridges supposed to be secure. This should be looked into.

Guest The New Mayor

Shame...

The PATH is absolutely something that should have additional security. Especially in lieu that its a place where thousands of people travel through daily. Its a potential target.

So lets say that there was a biological attack in NYC... many of the people will self-evacuate and go home. How do they go home? Many take public transportation... such as the PATH.

Is Harrison prepared to handle victims who have been chemically or biologically contaminated? Are the First Responders (Police, Fire/EMS, Public Works) trained and prepared to handle a mass decontamination or protect themselves from being exposed?

Food for thought.

Mr. Mayor, have you prepared the town of Harrison?, because you sure have prepared the pockets of the administrative people working for you.

I would not put this problem squarely on the shoulders of our mayor, but the idiot Governor as well. He announced recently that all bridges and tunnels will have armed guards, and be protected through the Holiday season. So, where are they? There should be guards at every path station since the path travels through a tunnel. If the country is on orange alert should we not take these precautions?

The Harrison Path Station is the responsibility of the PATH Police. The HPD is called for assistance on many occassion when an incident occurs on the Path Train in Harrison or at the PATH Station. The HPD has a fully trained Emergency Response Unit and a Emergency Response Van that has been in operation for the last 5 years. The Officers volunteer for this assignment in addition to their other duties. The HPD has a mutual aid agreement with all Hudson County Municipalities including the Port Authority. The Emegency Response Unit has trained in mock exercises with the PA Police on a Path Train. Two Officers from this unit are assigned to the Hudson County Terrorist Task Force where intelligence on terrorist activities are discussed. The HPD equipts it officers with gas masks and suits that protects against biological weapons. The Harrison Fire Dept. also has equipment and facilities to handle these problems.

The Town of Harrison has an Emergency Response Plan in effect. The Fire Chief is in charge of it.

So all you negative people can take heart that your emergency services in Harrison are equal to the task.

As I stated before my problem is not with the town, but the protection of the Path, hence the reason for the idiot Governor comment. I just think that whoever is responsible for the security of the Path is doing a poor job. I do not feel safe riding the Path anymore.

Guest The New Mayor
The Harrison Path Station is the responsibility of the PATH Police. The HPD is called for assistance on many occassion when an incident occurs on the Path Train in Harrison or at the PATH Station. The HPD has a fully trained Emergency Response Unit and a Emergency Response Van that has been in operation for the last 5 years. The Officers volunteer for this assignment in addition to their other duties. The HPD has a mutual aid agreement with all Hudson County Municipalities including the Port Authority. The Emegency Response Unit has trained in mock exercises with the PA Police on a Path Train. Two Officers from this unit are assigned to the Hudson County Terrorist Task Force where intelligence on terrorist activities are discussed. The HPD equipts it officers with gas masks and suits that protects against biological weapons. The Harrison Fire Dept. also has equipment and facilities to handle these problems.

The Town of Harrison has an Emergency Response Plan in effect. The Fire Chief is in charge of it.

So all you negative people can take heart that your emergency services in Harrison are equal to the task.

Glad to hear that. Good job GUEST.

Guest Sunkist

IS IT POSSIBLE TO POST THE PLAN HARRISON HAS TO THIS FORUM?'

ALSO - WHAT SPECIAL TRAINING HAS THE POLICE FORCES OR FIRE FORCES RECEIVED IN THIS TOWN BECAUSE WHEN I TALKED TO A COUPLE OF THEM THEY SAID THEY HAVE NO LEGIT TRAINING AND WHAT THEY RECEIVED WAS A JOKE . AND HARRISONS PLAN FOR SECUROTY IS A JOKE. CAN YOU POST INFORMATION ON HERE SO WE THE CITIZENS CAN TAKE ACTION IF THE TOWN GOVERNMENT DOES NOT?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO POST THE PLAN HARRISON HAS TO THIS FORUM?'

ALSO - WHAT SPECIAL TRAINING HAS THE POLICE FORCES OR FIRE FORCES RECEIVED IN THIS TOWN BECAUSE WHEN I TALKED TO A COUPLE OF THEM THEY SAID THEY HAVE NO LEGIT TRAINING AND WHAT THEY RECEIVED WAS A JOKE . AND HARRISONS PLAN FOR SECUROTY IS A JOKE. CAN YOU POST INFORMATION ON HERE SO WE THE CITIZENS CAN TAKE ACTION IF THE TOWN GOVERNMENT DOES NOT?

Next you will be asking for a tour of all the fire and police depts.and to be shown what training they have gone through.You say that the officers and firemen you have spoke with,(i think you are full of it)say they have been shown next to nothingand what they were shown is a joke, should be assigned to the areas you see fit and possibly trained by you.Stop your silly garbage and let the Pro's do there jobs.

Guest no need
:ph34r: The person who started this topic off, called themself the New Mayor. Does Harrison need a new Mayor? Is it poor leadership the reason for a disgraced Harrison? Has this Mayor produced anything for us? :P sounds like a new forum topic. :huh:

Guest The New Mayor

I agree. You cannot post every little bit of information on this bulletin board. Well, I am glad to know that the Emergency Services in town state they are prepared. Now... how about the school system? With a son and daughter in grammer school, I want to know what plan the Harrison school district has in place if an "event" would occur? Does the school system LOCK EVERYONE DOWN... who notifies the parents? What happens? I never received ANY information on what this township would do. With a 130K Superintendent, and a few 100K+ Assistants... and an "appointed board of education", surely... something is in place??? RIGHT?????????????

Anyone with the info please comment.

If you want to talk about idiots lets start with our idiot President and his idiot Homeland Security chief Mr. Ridge. All the Orange alerts in the world are not going to save you from a terrorist attack. Why should we be any better prepared in Orange than we were in Yellow? The whole thing is dumb and actually makes an attack more likely by crying wolf every holiday. The only time you can really feel safe is under a Red Alert because that will mean that they have already hit us.

BUSH + RIDGE = DUMB and DUMBER

Guest US MARINE

HOW DARE YOU CRITIZE OUR PRESIDENT AND THE SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY IN THAT MANNER! :P

THE POINT OF CHANGING THE ALERT IS TO THRUART OFF OR DETER ATTACKS WHEN INTELLIGENCE SUGGESTS ONE IS MORE LIKELY.

YOU MUST BE ONE OF THESE PATHETIC LIBERALS THAT HAS NO CLUE.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, SEMPER FI

Guest 2nd Ward Voter
If you want to talk about idiots lets start with our idiot President and his idiot Homeland Security chief Mr. Ridge. All the Orange alerts in the world are not going to save you from a terrorist attack. Why should we be any better prepared in Orange than we were in Yellow? The whole thing is dumb and actually makes an attack more likely by crying wolf every holiday. The only time you can really feel safe is under a Red Alert because that will mean that they have already hit us.

BUSH + RIDGE = DUMB and DUMBER

It's called heightened security, based on creditable sources. Such as narc cops with informants. So wake up and go with the system. New Jersey is filled with soft targets, such Kuhne Chemical in S.Kearny.

HOW DARE YOU CRITIZE OUR PRESIDENT AND THE SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY IN THAT MANNER! :angry:

THE POINT OF CHANGING THE ALERT IS TO THRUART OFF OR DETER ATTACKS WHEN INTELLIGENCE SUGGESTS ONE IS MORE LIKELY.

YOU MUST BE ONE OF THESE PATHETIC LIBERALS THAT HAS NO CLUE.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN, SEMPER FI

Hey Marine... If you want to goose step in line with Bush, go right ahead. This isn't Nazi Germany yet but Bush is sure working hard to make it that way. Until then I will think and say what I please, thank you.

Conservative nit wits seem to eat up every word that Bush says like it's gospel. Orange alert does not make us any safer and everytime they pull this crap people pay less and less attention. Face it, they have no reliable way of telling if the threat level is any worse. That's why they just raise it on holidays. Gee, what was the alert status when they hit the WTC? Orange? Yellow? What holiday was 9/11/01? This whole thing reminds me of when we were hiding under our desks at school back in the '50s as a protection against a nuclear attack.

It is apparent that Bush doesn't have a clue what he is doing. He has only accomplished making us a hateful, spiteful, paranoid people ready to lash out at anyone who dosen't toe the Administration line. Forget about Iraq, maybe we should promote a little democracy right here in the United States.

Guest thirdwardvoter

IF BUSH IS A IDIOT,THEN WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE IF CLINTON OR THE DEMOCRATIC SAVIOR HOWARD DEAN WAS PRESIDENT,HAHAHAHA.GOODLUCK.OUR COUNTRY IS REALLY IN TROUBLE.DEMOCRATS DONT HAVE A SHOT IN HELL.

KOTW Note: To the poster of this reply, please refrain from using ALL CAPS. ALL CAPS is considered shouting and your post is more difficult to read. Thanking you in advance.

IF BUSH IS A IDIOT,THEN WHAT WOULD IT BE LIKE IF CLINTON OR THE DEMOCRATIC SAVIOR HOWARD DEAN WAS PRESIDENT,HAHAHAHA.GOODLUCK.OUR COUNTRY IS REALLY IN TROUBLE.DEMOCRATS DONT HAVE A SHOT IN HELL.

Ho Hum... when you have no logical argument you go back and beat up on Bill Clinton again just like your druged out mentor rush lameblah. Clinton is still more popular with most Americans than your boy in the White House. Sticks in your craw don't it? hehehe.

As far as the election goes...it's a long way to Tipparary... I wouldn't be making any predictions just yet.

Are you kidding me, the Harrison Police Department-Emergency Response Team!!!!

Most of them are cronies of the dearly departed ex-convict, oh I mean ex-chief.

This unit has some great guys, who are highly trained and motivated but, like a good football team with a horrible coach, don't expect a good outcome!!

For those of you who actually live in Harrison, don't fret, the majority of your police officer's are outstanding and would do whatever task to ensure public safety.

The PATH station is a viable target but let's not forget PSE&G!!!

As for the FIRE Chief running the show should the need arise, you know he once farted and called in E. Newark, Kearny, JC, & Newark FD's and put No. Arlington on stand-by............... :angry:

Guest Guest who knows
This sounds like one of the whining cop crybabies who couldn't make the grade as a tactical officer. :D

There's no qualifications for the Harrison Police Deparment Tac. Unit, all you had to do was sell your soul to one MANIAC and two Napoleanic Midgets!

There was no application process, physical testing, and or experience for this unit!!

try and tell me different and you know you are lying!

Like I said in the previos post, most of the guy's on the tac team are great guys, but they will be the first to tell you that they were appointed by one of the midgets or the Maniac who was once running the joint!

:D

Guest TOP GUN

:D THEY WERE APPOINTED TO THE TACTICAL TEAM BECAUSE THEY WERE GREAT GUYS. SOME OF THEM COULDN'T MAKE IT AND HAD TO RESIGN. ARE YOU ONE OF THE RESIGNEES? OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE CRYBABIES WHO DID NOT APPLY BECAUSE YOU FEARED REJECTION.

EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EACH TACTICAL MEMBER HAS HAD EXTENSIVE TRAINING BY THE FBI, HOBOKEN TACTICAL UNIT ETC.

QUIT CRYING AND APPLY IF YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE THE GRADE.

They were appointed thats a joke. There was a sign up sheet. Then some guys went away to be trained and passed. Unlike the LT. that is still in charge. Then most of the guys who were left quit. For one general reason need I say the last Chief. Like the other officers that left the dept for the same reason.

So before you sit atop of your white horse get your facts straight. :D

What did the Swat do at the Path when the Harrison cop was shot at? Nothing the put forth a good try. While a expert and highly trained PAPD team was told to stand by. By very so called intelligent Captain. For those people who don't know just a samll hint get it :D , Chief Greene's main thug. :D

Archived