Another Month For Emtac

Guest InTheKnow

You Have to love all these wise men (or Women)  Speaking out on this subject,  Guess you should go spend some time in North Bergen  or Weehauken  or Union City ,  see if that combined department is working ..  Yes it seems that the amount of firecalls are down around here but thats the same all over ... I have seen the FD working fine with  EMTAC  who also seems to be doing  many times better then the previous ambulance  ....I listen to my scanner  and i know they are on calls a lot faster  all ways  available I have seen them  dressed  professional and acting totally professional all the time.  So It must be  a reall good thing for those who have needed the assistance of an ambulance to see EMTAC in stead of the last one.

Nice Job Mayor  ...Go EMTAC

I don't know whats going on in North Bergen, other than a tax break for the residents since they have a regional Fire Department. They should do the same with Law Enforcement and Public Works if you ask me.

Lets also take a look outside of this state to some more modern and proactive cities and states:

California & Florida are the two that I can easily remember-- most FDs in both states (especially California) are county-based. Works very well if you ask them.

As for EMTAC, I have no problems with them. They are professional and their response times are probably adequate. The issue here is the local government paying 30K for the service when they could easily save tax payer money by merging municipal services (i.e. FD/EMS together)... and better yet, merge Harrison and Kearny's FD/EMS. Think of the $$$ savings. Take it another step further... merge the two townships DPWs and the Police Departments!

There were no tax breaks & the regionalization has saved nothing!

Archived