We need change!

Guest Guest

Guest The Pudding
Just don't give them gum because that would require doing two things at once and we all know that cannot be done by you.

81167[/snapback]

Meanwhile, he raised a son who has earned international acclaim, and you're just some random person barking at him.

Get a life.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I reign in this discussion back to the actual realm that it was intended to, allow me to start off with saying how disappointing some of the members on this website are. As the days go by, this forum begins to look more and more like a bunch of bickering children. Why must everything that starts off as a great thread, suffer the enthropic breakdown into insults on Paul and Matt, and the offenders? I have stated in the past that I didn't agree with Matt, but I know when someone is beating a dead horse. It must be sad that a 17 yr old, is the one who seems to find the ongoing insults played out and unnecessary. It doesn't matter what end of the political spectrum you fall on, each side has vital points. Philosophy will tell you that truth is relative and utopian. For example I am sure most people learned growing up, is that there are two sides that when put together make the truth. Also anyone who understands strategic military planning would understand what group think was. For those who don't it means that the objectives are only being viewed in a one-dimmensional field. The reason our great government is so successful is due to the fact that we hear the otherside to the story. The War in Iraq, like everything else in the world, lives in constant duality. If one applies basic logic then one one find that everything is flawed. An example would be, Humans are flawed...Humans created Ipods...(logical deduction) Ipods are Flawed. Nothing is perfect, and that gives us room to improve and do better. While I make it no secret that I am conservative (a real conservative, not a FOX conservative), I understand that Liberals do have valid points at times. By seeing things through the other sides eyes we are given the opportunity to correct mistakes, unless it is a misconception. Also while at times I don't agree with President Bush, I will never insult him nor show disrespect to the position, we elected him and it would be futile to insult him and do nothing to get him out. Slinging insults is something I expect from children attending a grammar school, not adults who were brought into this thread with a genre of politics. It's easy to see at times why our founding fathers did not entrust the general public the honor of a direct election of the president.

Now to the original topic of this thread.

I think Ron Paul is thinking to ideal for my likes, and Isolationism is not the road that any country can go down if they expect to be a global power. It is said that our civilization has evolved so much that it has devolved. By that I mean, that communication, news, and economics has become so interconnected between countries that the world has devolved into a small town. Isolationism at this point will slaughter our power. Also I do not agree with his education policies. For instance I believe this is the first time in I don't know how many years that Kearny has passed a vote to raise money for the schools, Ron Paul wishes for education to be left to the state, which is what we had back during the industrial revolution and for some time after that. We need to continue to be active in foriegn affairs, but perform threat analysis' with greater percision.

I apologize for the length of this post, I hope maybe this will get us back on topic

You can't be very busy at work, I just scanned over two of your lengthy posts,

(no, I didn't read them), that had to take you an hour to compose.

What do you mean "had to take you an hour"? Do you know how fast Paul types, or how good he is at putting thoughts on paper, so to speak? No, you're just projecting yourself onto him. And what would that have to do with work? Do you think he has so little leisure time that something that hypothetically takes one hour would have to interfere with work, since you implied he's doing this at his job?

Think, damnit, so you don't say ridiculous things.