School Uniforms

Guest Guest

You have given up that responsibility by voting in favor of the uniforms.  As for you comparing school to a sports team, that is just ridiculous.  This uniform policy takes away my comsumer rights and my childs rights to be an individual.  I have raised my child to be independent and make his own decisions and with that upbringing he will be successful and a leader not a follower.

The world cant be full of leaders. If wearing a uniform in school is going to prevent your child from becoming a leader then obviously they werent meant to lead. Look at the places where leaders are most important, in the military where they all wear a uniform. I know people are going to now twist my words and say that Im trying to say we should turn our children into soldiers or our schools into a military academy. All Im saying is that uniforms dont take away your childs individuality. Let their minds and personalities set them apart from other children, not their clothes. Your child may be an angel but think about those kids who either pick on or get picked on for their clothes. Is wearing a uniform really going to keep your child from expressing themselves?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The uniforms are supposed to end competition over clothing in the schools? Everyone should be prepared for competition because they will have to deal with it for the rest of their lives. If someone feels like their clothes are not good enough then that should motivate that person to do something about it, unless they're going to ride the welfare line and complain about what everyone else has. People could also teach their child not to be jealous of others. If you want to take competion out of school then stop the grading system because someone might be sad that their grades aren't as good as someone elses. Let's dictate whats for lunch because someone has something better to eat.

The uniforms are supposed to end competition over clothing in the schools?  Everyone should be prepared for competition because they will have to deal with it for the rest of their lives.  If someone feels like their clothes are not good enough then that should motivate that person to do something about it, unless they're going to ride the welfare line and complain about what everyone else has.  People could also teach their child not to be jealous of others.  If you want to take competion out of school then stop the grading system because someone might be sad that their grades aren't as good as someone elses.  Let's dictate whats for lunch because someone has something better to eat.

What makes you think the uniforms are to end competition?

There is one reason that they have gone to uniforms. It is to stop the kids and their dopey parents who insist on "pushing" the dress code.

There would'nt have been a problem if they did this uniform crap to start the year not 3 months in!!! who was the brains behind that!!!!!!!!!!!

It took three months because the BOE feels the need to baby talk the parents instead of just passing the dress code.

We must be politically correct now.

You have given up that responsibility by voting in favor of the uniforms.  As for you comparing school to a sports team, that is just ridiculous.  This uniform policy takes away my comsumer rights and my childs rights to be an individual.  I have raised my child to be independent and make his own decisions and with that upbringing he will be successful and a leader not a follower.

What's wrong? Are you actually angry because your kid can't dress like a pimp or a skanky ho anymore. :lol:

The uniforms are supposed to end competition over clothing in the schools?  Everyone should be prepared for competition because they will have to deal with it for the rest of their lives.  If someone feels like their clothes are not good enough then that should motivate that person to do something about it, unless they're going to ride the welfare line and complain about what everyone else has.  People could also teach their child not to be jealous of others.  If you want to take competion out of school then stop the grading system because someone might be sad that their grades aren't as good as someone elses.  Let's dictate whats for lunch because someone has something better to eat.

They are starting to dictate the lunch, because according to the proposed law for 9/07, parents do not know how to feed their children, so the schools will tell you what is appropriate and what's not.

There would'nt have been a problem if they did this uniform crap to start the year not 3 months in!!! who was the brains behind that!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please.......do you really think ALL THIS COMPLAINING wouldn't have happened it they enforced uniforms in the beginning of the year???? Are you joking, there parents would complain if it was the last day of school. The sadest part is that the kids really don't hate the uniforms as much as their parents want them to, its the parents with the problem, not the kids.

OK the child responded to the teacher when told to tuck and was given detention for answering him.  Ignore noncompliance in writing?  Duh!  Anyway if thats true then this teacher is not complying, and if he doesn't like the parent's who voted against the uniform in the first place then he should look for employment elsewhere.

I'm all for uniforms, but if its true that teachers were told to ignore noncompliance until Monday, then a Garfield teacher wasn't paying attention. He has given boys detention already for not having shirts tucked in. What will the punishment be for noncompliance, a letter home, detention?

Archived