School Uniforms

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
The problem is that I am the parent.  I know what is best for my child and if I want my child to come home, I should be able to without any hassle.  I write my note everyday because the school refuses to take one for the year.  That is the problem.

I'm glad you know what's best for your child, but the schools have alot of kids to worry about. What do you say we cut them a break and deal about something more important.............and please, not UNIFORMS again!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
I'm glad you know what's best for your child, but the schools have alot of kids to worry about. What do you say we cut them a break and deal about something more important.............and please, not UNIFORMS again!

:) Thank you, why is it so hard for some of these parents to understamd that? I don't think it should be a hassel to write a permission slip for your child when it comes to their safety. If if is such hassle, then write it the night before. I am sure you have two minutes to guard your children. I want to know who my child is around, where they go, if they are going to have a healthy lunch, if they are SAFE. Three sentences is not alot to ask.

Concerned Mom

Guest WONDERING
Please let this post die already.

Does anyone know when the BOE is going to officially notify parents of the uniform policy.

I asked a few members and was told that the letter should have gone out already.

I know it was in the paper, but some people do not read the observer. What about the 3 month notice for the parents. I need to know if I need to get school clothes the hold my kids over before the uniforms start.

If anyone knows anything about this, please post.

Thanks

Guest Guest
Does anyone know when the BOE is going to officially notify parents of the uniform policy.

I asked a few members and was told that the letter should have gone out already. 

I know it was in the paper, but some people do not read the observer.  What about the 3 month notice for the parents.  I need to know if I need to get school clothes the hold my kids over before the uniforms start.

If anyone knows anything about this, please post.

Thanks

I (a Garfield parent) recieved a letter from the board last week, simply explaining it passed and K-8 will be going to uniforms. It mentioned that the school will supply the first shirt. I believe they have until Oct.15th to wear there own clothes. If you want to wear uniforms before Oct 15th you can but its not manditory until then. It also explained what the boys/girls could wear as footwear, Khaki shorts, khaki pants...ect

I'm assuming they will get more info the 1st week of school with their new shirt. But we do have until Oct 15th.

I (a Garfield parent) recieved a letter from the board last week, simply explaining it passed and K-8 will be going to uniforms. It mentioned that the school will supply the first shirt. I believe they have until Oct.15th to wear there own clothes. If you want to wear uniforms before Oct 15th you can but its not manditory until then. It also explained what the boys/girls could wear as footwear, Khaki shorts, khaki pants...ect

I'm assuming they will get more info the 1st week of school with their new shirt. But we do have until Oct 15th.

I am so happy that uniforms past. it will save so much money for families who can not afford to keep up with the trends. And they will look decent, not all baggie and sloppy. Maybe it will teach them some respect and discipline. Good work BOE.

Guest Guest
I am so happy that uniforms past.  it will save so much money for families who can not afford to keep up with the trends.  And they will look decent, not all baggie and sloppy.  Maybe it will teach them some respect and discipline.  Good work BOE.

I'll second that! :blink:

Guest guest

Maybe I will buy an extra-large pair of pants for my son so they can hang off his a$$. They kids attitudes will magically change when they put on a uniform, bologna! If a majority of the parents are in favor of it then why weren't they dressing them properly to begin with?

Guest Guest
Maybe I will buy an extra-large pair of pants for my son so they can hang off his a$$.  They kids attitudes will magically change when they put on a uniform, bologna!  If a majority of the parents are in favor of it then why weren't they dressing them properly to begin with?

Mine was dressing properly, and I still love the idea of uniforms! Your son can wear his pants around his a$$, but they'll be uniform pants.... :lol:

Guest Guest
Maybe I will buy an extra-large pair of pants for my son so they can hang off his a$$.  They kids attitudes will magically change when they put on a uniform, bologna!  If a majority of the parents are in favor of it then why weren't they dressing them properly to begin with?

:ph34r: You are a spiteful moron. You would let your kid look like a bum? Idiot.

Guest Guest

It is my understanding that the shirts will be red with Kearny Public Schools embroidered on the chest. One color for the entire district because we have so many kids who move from school to school, they will not have to get a new shirt everytime they switch schools within the district. While all of the elementary schools have their own "colors", red is the KHS color and eventually most of the children will go there. One color=unity.

Franklin School is green, why do they have to wear blue?

Guest private eye
It is my understanding that the shirts will be red with Kearny Public Schools embroidered on the chest.  One color for the entire district because we have so many kids who move from school to school, they will not have to get a new shirt everytime they switch schools within the district.  While all of the elementary schools have their own "colors", red is the KHS color and eventually most of the children will go there.  One color=unity.

What color will the kids getting off the buses from Harrison & newark be wearing to our schools

Guest last stop
It is my understanding that the shirts will be red with Kearny Public Schools embroidered on the chest.  One color for the entire district because we have so many kids who move from school to school, they will not have to get a new shirt everytime they switch schools within the district.  While all of the elementary schools have their own "colors", red is the KHS color and eventually most of the children will go there.  One color=unity.

does anyone know the color the kids getting off the 39 bus from harrison & newark should wear???

does anyone know the color the kids getting off the 39 bus from harrison & newark should wear???

Hey smart a s s , if you know the facts of out of district kids coming to Keany schools. Give the details to residency and they'll investigate. Believe me, noone working for the BOE wants any more kids than have to be there. The schools are bursting at the seams with the kids who belong, help get rid of those who don't. Instead of just making snide remarks, make an effort!

Guest private eye
Hey smart a s s , if you know the facts of out of district kids coming to Keany  schools.  Give the details to residency and they'll investigate.  Believe me, noone working for the BOE wants any more kids than have to be there.  The schools are bursting at the seams with the kids who belong, help get rid of those who don't.  Instead of just making snide remarks, make an effort!

hey D**b a** stand on any corner from bergen ave to oakwood between 730 and 830 the boe sit on their asses eating big nicks pizza all day

hey D**b a** stand on any corner from bergen ave to oakwood between 730 and 830 the boe sit on their asses eating big nicks pizza all day

Again, I say, contact residency if you have evidence of students attending school that do not live in Kearny. It really isn't that hard. I don't think Donna Wagner will even ask you to give your name. Students are investigated if there is evidence (or even strong suspician) that students are using the Kearny Schools illegally. It is not the job of individual BOE members to put down their pizza and go door to door investigating possible illegal students - that's why we have a residency office. Here, I'll help you out a little more, here's the number to call: 201-955-5128 or you can fax the details to 201-997-7674. Now what is it my father used to say? oh yeah, it's time to pee or get off the pot!:lol:

Archived