World Cup Soccer Time

Guest Guest

Guest guest
Yes you are right , but what I am saying is that the American flag "should" go first.  I love my country and my country's flag will always be first in any situation.  I do not think it is right to display another country's flag without the American Flag.  Just look on Chestnut Street alone, and believe me they are all over Kearny.  When you come to this country the least you can do is show some respect and put our flag up too.  This is America.  :)

Sounds reasonable.Now wouldn't the person who earlier wrote from South America, wouldn't you think it was proper for me to fly both the flag from your native country and the USA together, if I moved down to your country? I'm sure that you or your native countrymen wouldn't like it if I only flew the USA flag in front of my house or business alone without also the flag of that country.

So set an example for 'everyone' who doesn't know the proper ettiquette, so they would see what would be expected of them if they went to live in your native country, and be proud that you know more than some of the loudmouths.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest
Mind your own business.  I am not having this discussion with you.  Actually, I am learning something from this person, but I have my own opinion about how the American flag should be displayed.  We are not getting nasty with each other.  So stay out of it and let me find out the truth and also display my view.

:angry: USA lost today. That s**ks. But Italy won!!! Atleast something good came out of the games today. :)

Guest Guest
The pizza joint in the mini mall only has a huge Italian flag hanging.

I guess they have also forgotten that in America they have made thier money

Try WWW.FlagandBanner.com.

I notice that they said that a non-USA national flag can fly in front of a private home.

It did mention that when both flags are used, International Law dicatated that they both be the same size and height. Try a search under US FLAG ETIQUETTE. there were several good sights with pictures and samples. Hope it can help some of everyone's flag questions.

Guest Guest
The pizza joint in the mini mall only has a huge Italian flag hanging.

I guess they have also forgotten that in America they have made thier money

What mini mall? So we know not to order from there. and I will say something to the owner thats not right.

Sounds reasonable.Now wouldn't the person who earlier wrote from South America, wouldn't you think it was proper for me to fly both the flag  from your native country and the USA together, if I moved down to your country?  I'm sure that you or your native countrymen wouldn't like it if I only flew the USA flag in front of my house or business alone without also the flag of that country.

So set an example for 'everyone' who doesn't know the proper ettiquette, so they would see what would be expected of them if they went to live in your native country, and be proud that  you know more than some of the loudmouths.

That was good. I don't care what people think of my opinions, but I am not an a$$hole. Display your country's flag, but America's Flag "should " go first. America is your new home, be proud of it. Show some appreciation to the country that you make all of your money off of.

I started to think that I was the only one that cared about hoe the flag was to be displayed. And thank you for teaching me flag etiqette, I will teach my children so they know right from wrong. :ph34r:

Guest Guest
Sounds reasonable.Now wouldn't the person who earlier wrote from South America, wouldn't you think it was proper for me to fly both the flag  from your native country and the USA together, if I moved down to your country?  I'm sure that you or your native countrymen wouldn't like it if I only flew the USA flag in front of my house or business alone without also the flag of that country.

So set an example for 'everyone' who doesn't know the proper ettiquette, so they would see what would be expected of them if they went to live in your native country, and be proud that  you know more than some of the loudmouths.

First of all I am not from South America. So the fact that you already have your mind set says a lot about you. It is PREFERABLE to hang the USA flag, but not mandatory or illegal. And I have been to many countries where they don't even hang their own flags, but DO have flags flying from other countries, and no one has any ill feelings about it. Actually it just shows that peopel haven't forgotten their roots, and their native country is still in their hearts and are proud of their culture.

I am just disgusted at the fact that people make such ado about the fact that Mexican's, or Peruvians, or Puero Ricans, etc...hang their flags in their cars, on their houses and everywhere else, and no one says one iota when the Irish or Italians have their flags plastered all over their cars, their homes, on their restaurant signs, on the pizza boxes (for the Italians)....just ridiculous that the idea of the american flag + native flags is such a biased issue.

Guest Guest
First of all I am not from South America. So the fact that you already have your mind set says a lot about you.  It is PREFERABLE to hang the USA flag, but not mandatory or illegal.  And I have been to many countries where they don't even hang their own flags, but DO have flags flying from other countries, and no one has any ill feelings about it.  Actually it just shows that peopel haven't forgotten their roots, and their native country is still in their hearts and are proud of their culture. 

I am just disgusted at the fact that people make such ado about the fact that Mexican's, or Peruvians, or Puero Ricans, etc...hang their flags in their cars, on their houses and everywhere else, and no one says one iota when the Irish or Italians have their flags plastered all over their cars, their homes,  on their restaurant signs, on the pizza boxes (for the Italians)....just ridiculous that the idea of the american flag + native flags is such a biased issue.

Preferable - translated, show some class and fly the flag up. Alot of blood was shed for that flag, countless lives were destroyed, and families broken up, and if you ask the veterans they wouldnt have it any other way.

TELL ME ONCE WHEN YOU SAW AN ITALIAN OR IRISH FLAG on a car going down a street in harrison beeping and blasting italian/irish music, hanging out the windows. YEAH you cannot. Yeah Nino's is like little italy now, and no i dont like that either! He's just as bad as the other ones(by ones i mean hispanics whom are way to proud of themselves). So noone says one 'iota' becuase it doesn't happen.

And no you dont hear me complain about people who have American flags up on their house - WE LIVE IN AMERICA - idiot. If i went to peru or brazil, why would i complain that the residents had a flag in front of their house of the country they were living in .

It's not that hard. Put your own flag up people, support your team in the World Cup, have a party and celebrate your country's victory. Be proud of your country and prove you havent forgotten your roots- woohoo great for you. YOU should, this is America. But Keep the Celebration to your house or backyard, and show some CLASS and fly an american flag next to your country's flag. That's all alot of people ask.

It's just trashy seeing all these brazilians and portuguese ride around with their flags covering their cars. Americans do not even do that on the fourth of july, because its disrespectful to our flag. Your people can keep doing it, it says alot about them.

Even if you hate AMerica, and im not saying you do, fly the flag becuase it gave you the freedom to write on a message board such as this, or drive in the nice car that you do or live in the nice house that you do. No America isn't solely responsible for your good fortune, parents work hard and i'll bet you did, but show some class and give thanks to the country you live in.

Do not try to mock us Americans by giving smart remarks- because as this post shows, we will nicely and sensibly explain why we feel the way we do, and - you will lose.

Guest Hey A-Hole!
What mini mall?  So we know not to order from there.  and I will say something to the owner thats not right.

Dear Anus:

Stop your bellyaching. Go inside, there's an American flag. It's a Goddamn Italian Restaurant, what do you expect! They are a hard-working

Italian-AMERICAN family. They don't even live around here, but I bet they have more civic pride than you could ever have even in your wildest wet dream. They donate to local charities and groups and are just a great bunch of people. They also employ at least a dozen or so people, most of whom are residents of Harrison. What have you done lately, A-wipe?

They are living the American Dream. They have been there since the mall opened over 25 years ago. They worked hard. They deserve everything good that comes their way. They are proud of their native country, but never forget

where they hang their aprons every night.

:lol:

Dear Anus:

Stop your bellyaching.  Go inside, there's an American flag.  It's a Goddamn Italian Restaurant, what do you expect! They are a hard-working

Italian-AMERICAN family.  They don't even live around here, but I bet they have more civic pride than you could ever have even in your wildest wet dream.  They donate to local charities and groups and are just a great bunch of people.  They also employ at least a dozen or so people, most of whom are residents of Harrison.  What have you done lately, A-wipe?

They are living the American Dream.  They have been there since the mall opened over 25 years ago.  They worked hard.  They deserve everything good that comes their way.  They are proud of their native country, but never forget

where they hang their aprons every night.

:lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself Hey

Guest know what

The people that dies for us Americans to have rights. RIGHTS THAT INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO BE PROUD TO SHOW WHAT COUNTRY REPRESENTS THIS MELTING POT CALLED U.S.A.

So if you want to show your countries flag durning the world cup, I would risk the ultimate sacrifice to allow you to do it. Thats what this country is all about.

People who complain about not seeing the American flag are people that don't have much to be proud about, except themselves and their little world!

FU TP

Guest guest
Couldn't have said it better myself Hey

I don't care what nationality it is, if you want to be happy and proud that your native contry is doing good in any sport that is not an excuse for you to display the flag of your country if you don't have an american flag, don't just be only looking one way, what is bad for onr is bad for the others. (don't be racist)

Guest Guest
Preferable - translated, show some class and fly the flag up. Alot of blood was shed for that flag, countless lives were destroyed, and families broken up, and if you ask the veterans they wouldnt have it any other way.

TELL ME ONCE WHEN YOU SAW AN ITALIAN OR IRISH FLAG on a car going down a street in harrison beeping and blasting italian/irish music, hanging out the windows. YEAH you cannot. Yeah Nino's is like little italy now, and no i dont like that either! He's just as bad as the other ones(by ones i mean hispanics whom are way to proud of themselves). So noone says one 'iota' becuase it doesn't happen.

And no you dont hear me complain about people who have American flags up on their house - WE LIVE IN AMERICA - idiot. If i went to peru or brazil, why would i complain that the residents had a flag in front of their house of the country they were living in .

It's not that hard. Put your  own flag up people, support your team in the World Cup, have a party and celebrate your country's victory. Be proud of your country and prove you havent forgotten your roots- woohoo great for you. YOU should, this is America. But Keep the Celebration to your house or backyard, and show some CLASS and fly an american flag next to your country's flag. That's all alot of people ask.

It's just trashy seeing all these brazilians and portuguese ride around with their flags covering their cars. Americans do not even do that on the fourth of july, because its disrespectful to our flag. Your people can keep doing it, it says alot about them.

Even if you hate AMerica, and im not saying you do, fly the flag becuase it gave you the freedom to write on a message board such as this, or drive in the nice car that you do or live in the nice house that you do. No America isn't solely responsible for your good fortune, parents work hard and i'll bet you did, but show some class and give thanks to the country you live in.

Do not try to mock us Americans by giving smart remarks- because as this post shows, we will nicely and sensibly explain why we feel the way we do, and - you will lose.

This says it all!!!! I fully share your comments.

And no you would never see american flags in lisbon or madrid or any other country for that matter. They would be burned!

The only responses are we all rascists or bigots. I think not. I'd like to think I am pro American in a time it is badly needed.

God bless the USA!

Guest Guest
The people that dies for us Americans to have rights.  RIGHTS THAT INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO BE PROUD TO SHOW WHAT COUNTRY REPRESENTS THIS MELTING POT CALLED U.S.A.

So if you want to show your countries flag durning the world cup, I would risk the ultimate sacrifice to allow you to do it.  Thats what this country is all about. 

People who complain about not seeing the American flag are people that don't have much to be proud about, except themselves and their little world!

FU TP

:P it is so sad to see that any idiot like yourself can have the freedom to say whatever falls out of your head. they have special schools for people like yourself.

:(  it is so sad to see that any idiot like yourself can have the freedom to say whatever falls out of your head.  they have special schools for people like yourself.

:lol: NA NA NA NA -NA NA NA NA HEY HEY GOOD-BYE!!!!!!! :lol: Spain is out!!! :lol::lol: Now let the real games begin. England still has a shot to win, and so does Germany. :P Don't you just love it?! :lol:

Guest Rebuttal
I don't care what nationality it is,  if you want to be happy and proud that your native contry is doing good in any sport that is not an excuse for you to display the flag of your country if you don't have an american flag, don't just be only looking one way, what is bad for onr is bad for the others. (don't be racist)

There IS an American flag there Buddy, check it out. Two right in the front window, and they are on top of the Italian flag.

By the way, I can be a racist sometimes, but only to a-holes that come to this country to make American dollars, bad-mouth Uncle Sam, but yet won't even consider becoming a citizen. If they become citizenized, they have every right to voice their opinions, good or bad, against the USA. I hate hearing "in MY country we do this..." To that I say, "Go the hell back where you came from." We have enough of our own crap here to deal with, we don't need THAT! If you think I'm a racist for thinking for that, then I guess I'm guilty as charged. But see, I'm a US citizen.....and I have that right.....GOD BLESS THE USA!

Guest Guest
This says it all!!!! I fully share your comments.

And no you would never see american flags in lisbon or madrid or any other country for that matter. They would be burned!

The only responses are we all rascists or bigots. I think not. I'd like to think I am pro American in a time it is badly needed.

God bless the USA!

Have you ever been to Lisbon or Madrid??? I have...and there are American flags being flown there, and not along side any others and there is no one burning them...so before you open your mouth you should really know what you're talking about...

There IS an American flag there Buddy, check it out.  Two right in the front window, and they are on top of the Italian flag.

By the way, I can be a racist sometimes, but only to a-holes that come to this country to make American dollars, bad-mouth Uncle Sam, but yet won't even consider becoming a citizen.  If they become citizenized, they have every right to voice their opinions, good or bad, against the USA.  I hate hearing "in MY country we do this..."  To that I say, "Go the hell back where you came from."  We have enough of our own crap here to deal with, we don't need THAT!  If you think I'm a racist for thinking for that, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.  But see, I'm a US citizen.....and I have that right.....GOD BLESS THE USA!

;) You my friend are a very wise one!!!

Guest Guest
There IS an American flag there Buddy, check it out.  Two right in the front window, and they are on top of the Italian flag.

By the way, I can be a racist sometimes, but only to a-holes that come to this country to make American dollars, bad-mouth Uncle Sam, but yet won't even consider becoming a citizen.  If they become citizenized, they have every right to voice their opinions, good or bad, against the USA.  I hate hearing "in MY country we do this..."  To that I say, "Go the hell back where you came from."  We have enough of our own crap here to deal with, we don't need THAT!  If you think I'm a racist for thinking for that, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.  But see, I'm a US citizen.....and I have that right.....GOD BLESS THE USA!

gary it's okay, chicklets will cover the holes for now! no flag can do that! :rolleyes:

Guest Guest

It's not that hard. Put your  own flag up people, support your team in the World Cup, have a party and celebrate your country's victory. Be proud of your country and prove you havent forgotten your roots- woohoo great for you. YOU should, this is America. But Keep the Celebration to your house or backyard, and show some CLASS and fly an american flag next to your country's flag. That's all alot of people ask.

IT'S CALLED RESPECT PEOPLE. BESIDES DRAPING A FLAG DOESN'T GIVE YOUR TEAM A BETTER OUTLOOK IN THE SPORT. JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH OF AN A-HOLE YOU REALLY ARE. I FULLY SUPPORT THOSE COPS THAT PULL YOUR ASS OVER. YOU ILLEGAL NEWARK REJECTS. TRY IT IN NEWARK NOT HERE. KEEP YOUR SLUM ANTICS IN NEWARK OR THOSE LOW CLASS BARRIOS YOU CAME FROM IN YOUR COUNTRY.YOU LIBERALS WHO WILL POST, F*CK YOU . :rolleyes:

UNCLE WASHINGTON SAYS SO! :lol:

Guest Guest
IT'S CALLED RESPECT PEOPLE. BESIDES DRAPING A FLAG DOESN'T GIVE YOUR TEAM A BETTER OUTLOOK IN THE SPORT. JUST GOES TO SHOW HOW MUCH OF AN A-HOLE YOU REALLY ARE. I FULLY SUPPORT THOSE COPS THAT PULL YOUR ASS OVER. YOU ILLEGAL NEWARK REJECTS. TRY IT IN NEWARK NOT HERE. KEEP YOUR SLUM ANTICS IN NEWARK OR THOSE LOW CLASS BARRIOS YOU CAME FROM IN YOUR COUNTRY.YOU LIBERALS WHO WILL POST, F*CK YOU . :rolleyes:

UNCLE WASHINGTON SAYS SO! :lol:

:D Straight and to the point!! :D

Archived